www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sandra Cantu- Case Closed
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gozgals

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:09 am    Post subject: AMW file Reply with quote

http://www.amw.com/missing_children/brief.cfm?id=64597

AMW file
Rainbow

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:36 pm    Post subject: Innocence Interrupted Reply with quote

Thank you for posting, Goz! I saw the footage of her killer being charged. This is a real rough one.
gozgals

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This one really gets to me Rainbow. I just can't imagine the church lady doing this to the poor child, one of her own children's friends. I need to know more on this story such as the WHY!!!

It breaks my heart. I am really ticked at this lady...

Goz
gozgals

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:14 am    Post subject: Searches continue for evidence Reply with quote

Police are still searching for evidence. There is still no motive for one of the worst crimes we have seen lately, the molestation and killing of a child.

Fair Use
Sunday School Suspect's Church Searched Again in California Girl's Murder, Rape
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
Associated Press at Fox News

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,516242,00.html?sPage=fnc/us/crime

SNIP

California detectives again searched the church where Sunday school was taught by the woman accused in the grisly rape and murder of her daughter's 8-year-old friend.

Police on Tuesday also went back to scour the home where Melissa Huckaby, 28, lived a few doors down from little Sandra Cantu, in the town of Tracy.

It was the second time authorities searched Huckaby's home and the Clover Road Baptist Church in Tracy, where her grandfather was the pastor.
Rainbow

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:18 pm    Post subject: Is "rape" gender-specific? Reply with quote

Marcia Clark has some keen incites into this unusual case.

The Daily Beast-April 16, 2009

True, women usually get softer treatment in the criminal-justice system: The parade of female junior- and high-school teachers who “tutored” their young male students too closely and seldom received more than short-term sentences proves this. But the allegations in the Cantu case take this away from a “woman crime.” Rape, specifically, is a man’s crime. She might avoid the death penalty if the prosecutor even tries for it, but should these charges prove true, the jury will hold her to a more masculine accountability

http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-stories/2009-04-16/huckabys-crazy-defense/2/
gozgals

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcia Clark has some smart things to say about our so called "Lady Criminal." Still hope we get the evidence soon and she is tried in a
Man's World.

Goz
good weekend
gozgals

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:43 am    Post subject: Update Reply with quote

This poor little girl must have really suffered. Why didn't they ask for an autopsy before they buried her. Geez.

Fair Use
Lawyer for Sandra Cantu Murder Suspect Wants Girl's Body Exhumed
Saturday, April 18, 2009

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,517054,00.html

SNIP

TRACY, Calif. — The lawyer for a Northern California Sunday school teacher charged with murdering and raping an 8-year-old girl said this week he wants the child's body exhumed.

Public defender Sam Behar, the lawyer for 28-year-old Melissa Huckaby, asked a judge to have the remains of little Sandra Cantu exhumed to conduct a second autopsy.

Behar argued Thursday that he wants his own examination of the body done since the rape allegation against Huckaby stems from the finding that the victim had suffered "genital trauma."
gozgals

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:50 am    Post subject: Autopsy Sealed- delayed trial date Reply with quote

I still wish I knew this animal's motive. I think she may be related to another missing girl. I will have to do some research. I'm looking for the DP in this case all. She deserves it. I get sick to my stomach everytime I read a story on this woman and what she did. I'd like to see those autopsy results too.

Fair Use
KTVU
Plea Delayed In Tracy Murder Trial; Autopsy Results Sealed
Posted: 7:10 am PDT April 24, 2009

Snip

STOCKTON, Calif. -- A Sunday school teacher charged with kidnapping, raping and murdering an 8-year-old Tracy girl had her plea delayed a second time Friday to give her attorney more time to prepare her defense.

Dressed in a red jail jumpsuit, Melissa Huckaby, 28, showed little emotion as she appeared before San Joaquin County Superior Court Judge Linda Lofthus.

Public Defender Sam Behar, who has complained he hasn't received any evidence from prosecutors, asked for a delay in entering a plea. It was granted and a new date of May 22 set.

Lofthus also granted a prosecution request to seal autopsy and toxicology reports.

Huckaby is charged with murder and kidnap in the case along with three special circumstances allegations -- rape with a foreign object, lewd or lascivious conduct with a child under 14 and murder in the course of a kidnapping.

Snip

Click link for more
http://www.ktvu.com/news/19270435/detail.html
gozgals

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 9:32 am    Post subject: Psychic wants reward money Reply with quote

This is crazy that a psychic wants the reward money. She did not locate the body.

Fair Use
LA Psychic Makes Claim On Cantu Reward Money
Posted: 9:37 pm PDT April 30, 2009
Updated: 10:45 pm PDT April 30, 2009
KTVU

http://www.ktvu.com/news/19339071/detail.html

SNIP
TRACY, Calif. -- A Los Angeles psychic is claiming she should receive some of the reward money in the Sandra Cantu case because of her predictions.

Dani Pedlow says she was contacted by a Tracy resident and sent her text and e-mail messages.

Pedlow says she described the location of Cantu's body to the woman and said that Cantu was killed in a church.

While details of where Cantu was slain have not been revealed by police during the course of the investigation, her accused killer -- 28-year-old Melissa Huckaby -- volunteered as a Sunday school teacher at the Clover Road Baptist Church in Tracy where her grandfather, Clifford Lawless, is the pastor.
SNIP
gozgals

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 9:24 am    Post subject: Update Reply with quote

This lady is truly nuts and an animal.

Fair use
Sandra Cantu Murder Suspect Faces New Charges of Secretly Poisoning Man, Little Girl
Friday, May 22, 2009
Fox News and Associated Press

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,521238,00.html

SNIP

The California Sunday school teacher accused in the shocking kidnap, rape and murder of 8-year-old Sandra Cantu now is being accused of secretly poisoning two people, including another little girl.

The new charges allege Melissa Huckaby, 28, gave "a harmful substance" to a 7-year-old girl in January and an adult man in March, according to the complaint.

The little girl, identified only as Jane M. Doe, has since recovered from the Jan. 17 alleged poisoning. The man, Daniel Plowman, hasn't been located, according to the complaint filed Thursday.

Huckaby's relationship with the two isn't clear, and the type of toxic drug used wasn't disclosed.

SNIP
gozgals

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

She has pleaded not guilty to all charges...I hope she gets the DP but then again that would be toooo easy for what she did.

3 special circumstances in this case.

Goz
gozgals

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:37 pm    Post subject: Update Reply with quote

I'm happy to hear they will seek the DP for this monster. I hope the jury will put her to death and get her out of society. I still do not know her motive for killing the poor sweet child.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,549080,00.html?sPage=fnc/us/crime

Fair Use
Death Penalty Sought for Sunday School Teacher Charged in Girl's Brutal Murder
Thursday, September 10, 2009

click link for story above

Snip

STOCKTON, Calif. — Prosecutors said Thursday they will seek the death penalty for a Northern California woman charged with kidnapping, raping and killing an 8-year-old girl whose body was found stuffed in a suitcase.

Snip
gozgals

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:45 pm    Post subject: another link on story Reply with quote

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/09/10/huckaby.death.penalty/index.html
gozgals

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:53 am    Post subject: Update trial date Reply with quote

Sandra Cantu will face trial on Oct. 18, 2010.

Still, what was the motive for this horrid crime? I still can't get this one out of my mind.....

DP case if I ever saw one. Deserved, and I am already decided. One of the most henious crimes with no cause at all.

Goz
gozgals

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 10:25 pm    Post subject: concluded Reply with quote

The monster took a plea today for 25 years to life in prison without parole to take the DP off the table.
She pleaded guilty as if that brought the sweet little girl back...

Still no reason why she did this. She also had drugged a man she was dating and a 7 year old girl.
What is wrong with her?

May she do hard time.

Goz

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/05/10/teacher-pleads-guilty-murdering-california-girl/?test=latestnews
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: