www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sandra Cantu- Case Closed
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gozgals

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:26 am    Post subject: Sandra Cantu- Case Closed Reply with quote

Suffer the little children. How sad to lose another child. LE says the will soon find out who killed this precious little girl. I hate to report these losses. This is just plain tragic and uncalled for. Her body was found in stuffed in a suitcase in a pond. What kind of monster has to steal a child's life?

From AMW
Fair Use

AMW Missing DATA FILE FOR
Sandra Cantu

DECEASED
Recovered , Apr 06, 2009

3/28/09

April 04 2009

Missing Calif. Girl Sandra Cantu Found Dead On Dairy Farm
Cops in Tracy, Calif. announced that farm workers have found the body of missing 8-year-old Sandra Cantu in a suitcase, submerged in an irrigation pond two miles from her home. While a suspect has not been named, authorities say they are confident that they'll soon have Sandra's killer behind bars.

>>The Full Story

>>The Latest From FOX40 Sacramento
More Missing California Children:

http://www.amw.com/missing_children/brief.cfm?id=64597

Overview

Search Ends For Sandra Cantu

8-year-old Sandra Cantu went missing near her Tracy, Calif. home on March 28, 2009. Authorities found her remains ten days later in a suitcase submerged in an irrigation pond.

View Larger It seemed like just another Friday afternoon: 8-year-old Sandra Cantu was playing at a friend's house in the Orchard Estates Mobile Home Park in Tracy, Calif.

Her playmate's parents say that around 4 p.m. on March 28, 2009, Sandra left, saying that she had to go home and finish her homework. Cops say the second grader with the friendly, outgoing nature hasn't been seen since.

By 8:15 p.m. that night, the search for Sandra had begun. The following day, dozens of volunteers passed out fliers.

Family members told police that Sandra lived with her mother and grandparents, and that her father wasn't in the picture.

Police say they've searched the mobile home park and the surrounding areas, and there hasn't been any sign of Sandra or evidence of an abduction.

Family members say that Sandra has never run away, and she knew not to leave the grounds of Orchard Estates.

On March 30, 2009, the searches continued as the FBI joined the search for Sandra. Cops have also been interviewing known sex offenders in the area.

Sandra was last seen wearing a pink "Hello Kitty" T-shirt, and black leggings.

On April 6, 2009, authorities discovered a large suitcase in an irrigation pond, two miles away from Sandra's home. Inside, they said, was the 8-year-old's body, dressed in the clothes she was last seen in.

Now, police say there's a manhunt underway for Sandra's killer. If you have any information about the murder of Sandra Cantu, please call our hotline at 1-800-CRIME-TV.

Goz
gozgals

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:40 am    Post subject: more on this case Reply with quote

Mabye they will find this slimbag real soon and give him the DP for killing a child.

Fair Use
Police Search Church in Death of Calif. Girl, 8, Whose Body Was Found in Suitcase
Tuesday, April 07, 2009
Associated Press at Fox News

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,513042,00.html
Click link for story

SNIP
Police searched a church and continued to question neighbors Tuesday in Tracy, Calif., as part of the investigation into the death of an 8-year-old girl who disappeared from her mobile home and was found dead in a suitcase dumped into a nearby pond.

Clover Road Baptist Church was searched for clues to unravel the mystery of little Sandra Cantu's death.

Sgt. Tony Sheneman said other warrants in the case are sealed and that he would not answer questions about them in a press conference Tuesday evening. He also denied media reports that the church's pastor, Lane Lawless, was a suspect in the girl's death. Police have not named any suspects in the case.

An autopsy is underway, and Sheneman told reporters he did not know when police would have results.

Police also searched a location Monday night at the mobile home park where Sandra lived and was last seen March 27, he said.

Click here for photos

Sheneman would not say why the church was searched and did not give details if anything was found at the park.

Pastor Lawless was stopped by reporters Tuesday as he drove by Clover Road Baptist Church with his wife, Connie.

He said he was questioned by police for three hours Monday night.

Connie Lawless said they were being interviewed because they live down the street from the victim, Sandra Cantu, and their great granddaughter played with her.

Connie Lawless said they were fully cooperating with police, and that investigators took phones and a computer, among other items, from their home.

"We're very open to them taking whatever they want," she said. "We feel the more people they can eliminate, the quicker they will be able to get to the truth."

Connie Lawless said they had nothing to do with the girl's abduction.

"She was the sweetest little thing. It breaks it our hearts to think that anyone would take such a tiny little thing and abuse her and murder her," she said.

Sandra's body was found in a suitcase discovered Monday by farmworkers draining the pond about two miles from where she lived.

SNIP
Rainbow

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:13 pm    Post subject: Beyond the Beyond Reply with quote

Thank you for posting this news, Goz. I was going to do so last night; however, I found it too sad. What kind of world have we brought our children into?
gozgals

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:17 am    Post subject: Investigation slowed down due to letter Reply with quote

It's this kind of stupid behavior that slows down an investigation esp.if there is no validity to it. Another person if not the killer seeking 15minutes of fame. Geez................

Fair Use
'From Sandra, To My Killer' Note Could Slow Search for 8-Year-Old's Killer
Thursday, April 09, 2009

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,513775,00.html

Click link for story

SNIP
Investigators reportedly have returned to the mobile home park where a murdered 8-year-old California girl lived after police found an envelope that reads: "From Sandra, to my killer."

Inside, police found a note that says: "You've taken my life away from me but I forgive you and god will judge you at some point," Sgt. Tony Sheneman told reporters Thursday evening.

Sheneman said the envelope was found where a memorial has been for several days. Investigators believe it was left between 4 and 4:30 a.m. Thursday.

He said police had examined the note and that it does not ahve any bearing on their investigation.

The message written on an envelope was discovered Thursday near a tree on the trailer park's grounds, KTXL.com reported.

However, KTVU.com reported the envelope would likely slow rather than help the search for Sandra Cantu's killer.

SNIP
Rainbow

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:56 pm    Post subject: Hitting the Wrong Note! Reply with quote

Hi Goz!
I wonder who the person was that left THAT note. What a strange way for someone to express his/her sympathy, try to "flush out" Sandra's killer in an amateur way, or just plain seek attention!
gozgals

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It takes all kinds. Remember how BTK left clues at the murder site?

One never knows what this note meant Rainbow. Could be for attention, could be a clue, could be for sympathy, or attention...

Happy Easter to you

Goz
gozgals

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:03 am    Post subject: Reward Reply with quote

fair Use
Police Announce Reward in Sandra Cantu Murder Investigation
Friday, April 10, 2009
Fox News

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,514042,00.html

SNIP

Police announced a $32,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the killer of Sandra Cantu, the 8-year-old California girl last seen skipping down the street near her mobile home, in a Friday afternoon press conference.

Tracy Police Sgt. Tony Sheneman told reporters investigators are making "good progress."

"We are confident we will be coming to closure sometime in the future," he said. However, he was unable to give any specifics except to say they continue to serve warrants.

SNIP
Rainbow

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:08 am    Post subject: Readers and Writers Reply with quote

Hi Goz and friends!
I find this excerpt from an article originally published in the "FBI, Law Enforcement Bulletin", February 1992 edition , which I posted on the chronological thread very informative as relating to clues found at murder scenes. Please be advised that this is a pretty brutal read:

THE SIGNATURE ASPECT

The violent, repetitive offender often exhibits another element of criminal behavior during the crime--the signature aspect or "calling card." This criminal conduct is a unique and integral part of the offender's behavior and goes beyond the actions needed to commit the crime.

Fantasies of offenders often give birth to violent crime. As offenders brood and daydream, they develop a need to express these violent fantasies. When they are finally acted out, some aspect of each crime demonstrates a unique, personal expression or ritual based on these fantasies. However, committing the crime does not satisfy the needs of offenders, and this insufficiency compels them to go beyond the scope of the offense and perform a ritual. When offenders display rituals at the crime scene, they have left their individualized "calling card."

How do crime scenes manifest this "calling card" or signature aspect? Basically, crime scenes reveal peculiar characteristics or unusual offender input that occur while the crime is being committed.

For example, a rapist demonstrates his signature by engaging in acts of domination, manipulation, or control during the verbal, physical, or sexual phase of the assault. The use of exceptionally vulgar or abusive language, or preparing a script for the victim to repeat, represents a verbal signature. When the rapist prepares a script for a victim, he dictates a particular verbal response from her, such as "Tell me how much you enjoy sex with me," or "Tell me how good I am."

The use of excessive physical force shows another aspect of a subject's signature. One example of signature sexual behavior involves the offender who repeatedly engages in a specific order of sexual activity with different victims.

The signature aspect remains a constant and enduring part of each offender. And, unlike the M.O., it never changes. However, signature aspects may evolve, such as in the case of a lust murderer who performs greater postmortem mutilation as he progresses from crime to crime. Elements of the original ritual become more fully developed. In addition, the signature does not always show up at every crime scene because of unexpected contingencies, such as interruptions or an unexpected victim response.

The investigator may not always be able to identify signature aspects. Violent offenses often involve high-risk victims or decomposition of the body, which complicates recognizing the signature aspects of an offender
blondie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard on Fox News that they have arrested someone for her murder - a 28 year old female Sunday school teacher!!!!!
gozgals

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the article Rainbow and Blondie for the news on the arrest.

I just found the link and will post.

Happy Easter

Goz
gozgals

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:11 am    Post subject: Arrest made Reply with quote

I can't wait till LE releases the motive as to why this lady would kill this child. Anyone have any ideas?

Goz

Fair Use
Sunday School Teacher Arrested in Murder of 8-Year-Old Sandra Cantu
Saturday, April 11, 2009
Associated Press and Fox News

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,514435,00.html

Click link for story

SNIP

A Sunday school teacher who was one of the last people to see 8-year-old Sandra Cantu alive was arrested late Friday on suspicion of kidnapping and killing the young girl.

Melissa Huckaby, 28, was taken into custody at 11:55 p.m. after voluntarily going to police for questioning nearly five hours earlier.

"She gave enough information to us during the course of the interview that probable cause was there to arrest her," Tracy Police Sgt. Tony Sheneman said.

Click here for photos.

Huckaby was being held without bail at the San Joaquin County Jail, with arraignment set for Tuesday, according to the county sheriff's Web site. No other arrests were made.

SNIP
gozgals

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:25 pm    Post subject: Town Shocked, Woman the killer Reply with quote

I am also shocked a woman killed this little girl. Don't know why I am shocked, women are killers too. I still would like to know why? What an animal and she deserves the death penalty like a man would.

Fair Use
Town Shocked Sandra Cantu Murder Suspect Is a Woman
Sunday, April 12, 2009

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,514705,00.html

TRACY, Calif. — Police and residents here said they were shocked when the suspect in the murder of a young girl turned out to be a woman, the mother of the slain girl's best friend.

Melissa Huckaby, a 28-year-old Sunday School teacher, was on suicide watch Saturday at the San Joaquin County Jail on suspicion of kidnapping and killing 8-year-old Sandra Cantu. The girl's body was found in one of Huckaby's suitcases in an irrigation pond nearly a week ago, police said.

"This was an anomaly in the murder of a child," police Sgt. Tony Sheneman said at a news conference Saturday. "Finding out that it is a woman who is responsible for Sandra's kidnapping and murder, and then finding out it is a member of the community is another blow."
gozgals

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:57 pm    Post subject: May have raped girl too...... Reply with quote

I can't believe this woman would rape and molest this little girl. I hope she too gets the DP if she is indeed guilty and I'm pretty sure she is...
How sick!!

Another animal that was on our streets. She molests, kills and put the poor girl in a suitcase......I'm just horrified. Let's throw the key away on all of them and turn our back. DP or islands or something for them all. They do not belong in society anymore.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,515375,00.html

Fair Use
DA: Murdered California Girl May Have Been Raped by Sunday School Teacher, Due in Court
Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Click link for full story

SNIP

Prosecutors may include shocking rape and molestation charges, in addition to murder, in the case against the female Sunday school teacher accused of killing an 8-year-old Northern California girl and putting her body in a suitcase.

Melissa Huckaby, 28, will be in court Tuesday afternoon for her arraignment in the kidnapping and murder of Sandra Cantu, a friend of her 5-year-old daughter's.

Formal charges have not been filed, but San Joaquin County Deputy District Attorney Robert Himmelblau said Monday a murder charge against Huckaby could include the special circumstances of rape with a foreign object.

Lewd and lascivious conduct with a child and murder in the course of a kidnapping might also be a part of the case against Huckaby. Such conditions will mean Huckaby could be sentenced to life in prison or death if she's convicted.

SNIP

Quote:
We have not been provided with one (a motive)," Sheneman said Monday. "We don't know why a mother would kill another mother's child."

Neither Himmelblau nor Sheneman would provide details on any evidence leading prosecutors to consider the sexual assault allegations.
gozgals

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:40 pm    Post subject: More Reply with quote

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/04/14/california.slain.girl/index.html

Police: Child found in submerged luggage may have been raped

It just breaks my heart..

Hit link for story
gozgals

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:01 am    Post subject: Charges Reply with quote

This woman really gets to me. I'd like to personally take her outside and do some harm to her.

Fair Use
Crying Mom Charged With Cantu Murder, Rape
Tuesday, April 14, 2009

SNIP

STOCKTON, Calif. — A woman kidnapped, raped and murdered an 8-year-old girl and stuffed her body in a suitcase that was dumped in a pond just a few miles from home, prosecutors alleged Tuesday.

Melissa Huckaby, 28, was charged with murdering her daughter's playmate, Sandra Cantu, in a gruesome crime that has shocked and terrified residents of Tracy, a Northern California city of about 78,000, 60 miles east of San Francisco.

Huckaby, who volunteered as a Sunday school teacher at her grandfather's Clover Road Baptist Church in Tracy, appeared in a San Joaquin County courtroom for her arraignment in a red jumpsuit and shackles. She trembled and cried as a judge read the charge: one count of murder with the special circumstances of rape with a foreign object, lewd or lascivious conduct with a child under 14 and murder in the course of a kidnapping.

The special circumstances mean Huckaby, if convicted, could face the death penalty or life in prison without the possibility of parole. District Attorney James Willett said Tuesday he has not decided whether to seek the death penalty.

SNIP

click link for full story

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,515675,00.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: