www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Guandique to be charged with Chandra's Murder Feb.20/09
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 20, 21, 22  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rainbow

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:35 pm    Post subject: You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover Reply with quote

Hi Jane!
I had to chuckle a little to myself, when I read your comments. And, thanks for that great link to the "jailhouse art" website. I've read the page about the "jailhouse tattoos" and find it fascinating. So, may be those batteries that were reportedly found in "Chucky's" cell were there, so that he could tattoo himself--not harm the prison workers or law enforcement officers. The "walkman" reference is interesting, too!
http://www.cellblockvisions.com/artgallery4.html Author: Phyllis Kornfeld
Quote:
A jailhouse tattoo gun is constructed of found objects. For the needle, a guitar string or paper clip is sharpened to a fine point on a rock or cinderblock. It is run through the hollow shaft of a ball point pen and the tip protrudes slightly from the writing end. The string is attached to a small motor, usually from a walkman, and hooked up to batteries. The apparatus is fortified for stability by being taped to popsicle sticks or a plastic eating utensil. The pen remains stable while the point jumps.

And, of course, the magazine photo of Chandra was probably used to design a tattoo and the magazine, itself, was probably used as follows:

Quote:
The ink of choice is waterproof black ink but it’s rarely available and very expensive. Convicts invent a myriad of concoctions - scrapings from soft pastels, charcoal pencils, and carbon paper - the ash of burned books, lightweight paper preferred. The flying soot lands on a shiny magazine cover, is scraped off, and mixed with toothpaste and water. Green ink is produced from green toothpaste ("Crest is best") or Prell shampoo - blue from Head and Shoulders or Selsen Blue - red from Robitussen cough syrup.

So, who knows? May be the "jailhouse tattoos" are the new physcial evidence the assistant U.S. attorney is talking about. This case just gets more and more ludicrous!
The New York Times, "Tattoos Affirmed As Evidence",
by Patrick Healey, February 18, 2004 http://www.nytimes.com/2004/02/18/nyregion/18tattoo.html?ex=1392526800&en=baa8366d17c9e909&ei=5007&partner=USERLAND
Quote:
GARDEN CITY, N.Y., Feb. 17 - The State Court of Appeals ruled on Tuesday that a defendant's own body - specifically, his tattoos exalting swastikas and skinheads - could be used as evidence that he committed a crime fueled by hatred.
rd

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hard as that is to believe, you're probably right, Rainbow. I just don't have the imagination to keep up with these DC people.

rd
Rainbow

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:54 am    Post subject: It's Just My Imagination. . . Running Away. . . Reply with quote

Well, let's not put ourselves down, here. I imagine that the next chapter in the "Guandique book" that will be publicly discussed is going to be the "devil" tattoo on Guandique's head. The prosecution through the press is probably going to tie it in with May 1 devil worship and jogger sacrifices, or something like that!
Rainbow

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:23 pm    Post subject: Fantasy Genre Reply with quote

Like RD, I, too, am in disbelief that reporters who work for such an iconoclastic newspaper like the "Washington Post" would be sucked into this "fantasy fiction" story, themselves, thereby, becoming unwitting perpetrators of a public disinformation campaign.

RD writes:
Quote:
Two Washington Post reporters, the ones that did the Guandique series, excuse me, the Chandra series last summer, are on leave writing a book on the case for Scribner.

Will be so interesting if Guandique is acquited, as publishers won't publish until case is closed, the day the jury finds a defendant guilty. We saw that in Laci Peterson's case. All the books came out the day Peterson was found guilty.

Just one more reason why Guandique should not be found guilty. Be sweet considering that cluster from these two reporters I had to read and comment on last summer. I'm still waiting to see Horwitz and Higham taking the Chandra Levy Jog in the Park Challenge in heavy sweatshirt and spandex leggings in 82 degree weather, her first ever alleged jog in her life. Somehow I don't think I'll ever see these two clueless bozos reproduce anything they claim Chandra did.

Meanwhile, the "true supporting cast members" have been dissuaded from publishing their stories by "anonymous sources in high places" and have been told to go on with their lives, as if nothing ever happened. The truth is, that In the past, some of these "cast members" risked making fools of themselves by anonymously going to the tabloids with their stories. Moreover, other "anonymous sources in high places" knew this was going on.

So, America's taste in reading material has changed. It looks like we have lost our appetite for tabloids and have developed a hunger for fantasy fiction. And we sit by and read; we sit by and write; we sit by and take notes. Simultaneously, an innocent, but clearly mentally-ill man acts-out the role of "fantasy villain" for our entertainment, unaware of the "reality" of the first-degree murder charges he faces on "page two".
Rainbow

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 11:51 pm    Post subject: Sari Horwitz and Scott Higham, Resting on their Laurels Reply with quote

Hi, again!
I found this interesting piece of information online, about an appearance that the two Washington Post reporters who are assigned to the CL case will be making tomorrow at the "Newseum". I assume that it is located in DC.
http://www.newseum.org/events_edu/upcoming/about.aspx?item=LEVY090414&style=a
Quote:
Inside Media: The Chandra Levy Murder and the Media

Guests: Sari Horwitz and Scott Higham
Date: Sunday, May 3, 2009

It looks like Pulitzer-prize winning reporters, Sari Horwitz and Scott Higham are going to be talking about their "painstaking" reporting on this case. May be they should have rested on their "laurels", instead, of pursuing such a complex case.
The two main detectives assigned to the case refused to be interviewed by them and as a consequence, there is a "black hole" in their reporting. The following quote is from the "Washington Post's" introduction to the Chandra Levy series in their July 11, 2008 edition.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/07/11/AR2008071103253.html

Quote:
The lead detective in the case, Ralph Durant, and his partner, Lawrence Kennedy, declined to talk to reporters.

Officers Durant and Kennedy are high-caliber representatives of the DC police force. They were aware, though, that they work(ed) on the "political streets". These two fine and intelligent human-beings had too much integrity and too many "street smarts" to "go on-the-record" with confidential police information.
It is unconscionable, though, that two Pulitzer-prize winners would cease "taking pains" in this investigation. As a result of their being stopped by their own admiited "avoidance of pain", a vacume of information ensued, which was then "painstakingly" filled with "wrong conclusions", which even defied "common-sense". Their ceasing to continue to investigate the story, which could be considered the equivalent of "gross negligence", turned out to have calamitous effects and has resulted in the wrong man being arrested and charged with first-degree murder. Now, that is real "pain"!
I have a suggestion. I think that Horwitz and Higham should return to the mindsets they had when they worked on the stories that they were awarded Pulitzer-prizes for or retire and rest on their laurels. They have "painstakingly" botched this story and would be sued for malpractice, if they were doctors, instead of reporters.
Moreover, the nominating committee for the Pulitzer Prize for Journalism should not consider nominating them for their reporting on the Chandra Levy investigation. On second thought, may be they have a chance of being nominated in the fiction category! Look out J.K. Rowling! You've got competition!
All joking aside, the tabloids deserve the Pulitzer on this one. And, the people closest to this investigation, including the detectives who refused to be interviewed by " H and H, Ltd.", would most certainly agree.
But, then again, they can't. That's confidential!
rd

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi Rainbow, I believe the reason Durant and Kennedy declined to be interviewed for that Washington Post series last summer was that they were the ones in charge of the botched investigation, as everyone including these reporters were describing the investigation of Chandra's disappearance.

Now there is major disagreement on how it was botched, with these reporters and others like them saying that the botch was focusing on Condit. The Washington Post series made a big point of that throughout the series.

As this site is the only place where people will find the actual truth on what happened, based on accurate reporting from reporters like Michael Doyle, Allan Lengel, and Niles Lathem, we need to point out again that the DC police only interviewed Condit four times over four months for maybe a total of four hours. The fourth interview was actually by the FBI.

All requests for information were not responded to for months at a time by hiding behind constitutional separation of powers arguments that Congress is not subject to executive or judicial actions, and he refused to take the lie detector test that Guandique took.

So there actually was very little investigation and quite frankly all attempts were to give him a clean bill of health and get him out of the news, as it was not a good thing for Congress which DC is dependent on for funding.

So yes it was botched, but not by focusing on Condit too much. It was botched by believing what he told them, which is the source of Chandra jogging in the park stories by unnamed "friends" from the beginning.

A strong part of Guandique's defense should be to establish that these stories were planted in the press by Condit and his allies, including about Chandra being obsessed with Condit and implied as suicidal, to point investigators away from Condit and toward someone like Giuandique killing her where her body was found instead of setting Chandra up to look Rock Creek Park up on her computer where she would be taken and her body dumped.

Any rational look at the facts will bring one to that inevitable conclusion, and that Condit was lying to the police from the beginning to lead them to believe otherwise, resulting in a wild goose chase after an illegal in the park who couldn't have assaulted a Chandra who was never there as she never jogged.

Very important part of the defense in my opinion to establish that.

rd
Rainbow

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 2:23 pm    Post subject: The Non-public Eyes Reply with quote

RD,
I'm sorry, but I have to strongly disagree with you on the "Condit botch" by the original DC police team of investigators. That is not in fact true. This is/was a "police" missing person/homicide investigation, which means that the main investigation was not conducted in the public-eye, reporters included. That also means that there is additional information/evidence which the DC police and FBI gathered, which has not been made public--not even to the most "renowned" reporters. The Levy team of investigators were there as a sort of "objective" back-up, as far as that went, as well. It is my hope that this evidence will be accessed to reveal the farce behind Guandique's first-degree murder charges and I pray to God that it will be used for his acquittal.
I strongly support what you are saying about the fabricated stories in the media, which defy even a modicum of "common sense". I stand in amazement at how great of salesmen these "emperors" of "high places" and "the media" have become at selling us "new clothes" that "just don't fit"! Guandique, in his orange-colored jumpsuit, is certainly evidence of that!
rd

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand your take on it, Rainbow, but I dissect the investigation in great detail in Murder on a Horse Trail and point out where Condit was misleading the police all along the way.

Under no circumstances could what they did be described as too much focus on Condit. I think the media is trying to pawn off their obsessed papparazzi style hanging out on streets reporting as accompanying a police investigation, but it wasn't. They drove all the questions the police had to answer, not the other way around. And the questions were ludicrous and shameful to be called reporting.

The police botched the investigation by believing Condit and giving great weight to Chandra running away and hiding to punish Condit for allegedly refusing to return her calls just before she disappeared. Thus even weeks and months into her disappearance they were not doing the hard work I for example did in writing Murder on a Horse Trail in nailing down events and a timeline for both Chandra and Condit as well as others, and instead issuing goofy pictures of Chandra with hacked in wigs for people to spot her in hiding as a runaway.

They basically responded to called in tips no matter how goofy and that was it as an investigation. Botched doesn't begin to describe what they did to Chandra.

But readers can view my book here for the details and draw their own conclusions. They may come to yours, or mine, but the hard facts are there and not in the current news reports, that's for sure.

rd
Rainbow

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 7:45 pm    Post subject: Truth Quest or Map-quest! Reply with quote

Thanks, RD. I look forward to re-reading that chapter of your extremely well-researched account. I also would like to thank you for the opportunity you are giving your posters on this forum of contributing to a "living book" on this topic. What a reverential and fitting memorial to Chandra Ann Levy!
The conclusions that the original law enforcement officers came to about the investigation and what the public knows about those thoughts are two different things. The police are not allowed to release the details of an investigation, while it is ongoing.
That's why I am so mad about what H & H, Inc., of the "Washington Post" have written. For some reason, they gave up doing their own investigating and bought the "pre-fab" version. . . "The John-Mark Karr Guandique" story!
What's even worse, though, is what the "fresh" DC team of detectives have done with the case. If their image was suffering before, it has now been irrevocably demolished. Imagine arresting a man and charging him with "first-degree" murder, based on a secondary, staged crime scene!
I think this "new breed" of detectives needs to read RD's book. And they had better hurry up and do so! I hear they are hallucinating about a young woman, who had never jogged before in her life. She apparently googled where she would be jogging while dead, only to be murdered in the act!
Rainbow

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 9:10 pm    Post subject: Murder on a Horse Trail--"Investigation" Reply with quote

RD,
I re-read the chapter of your book on the investigation. You did a fantastic job of finely dissecting a good deal of what happened. Notwithstanding, evidence was gathered and elements of the case were documented and discussed with witnesses and amongst law enforcement officers "behind the scenes"--in other words, the actual "police" investigation, not the press' version of it. Those things should be in the police and FBI records and in the Levy detectives' records, as well.
jane

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

I received a link on the subject of Chandra Levy from Yahoo Alerts for the following:

Inside Media: The Chandra Levy Murder and the Media
Freedom Forum Online Sat, 02 May 2009 15:16 PM PDT
Guests : Sari Horwitz and Scott Higham Date : Sunday, May 3, 2009 Location : Knight TV Studio, Level 3, 2:30 p.m.

I wasn't allowed in, but maybe someone else can try to find something on this? I tried posting the link sent to me, but it would not post properly.
Rainbow

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 12:46 am    Post subject: Newseum Reply with quote

Hi Jane!
Are you talking about the link I posted on my "Sari Horwitz and Scott Higham: Resting on Their Laurels" post from the Newseum website? Here it is again: http://www.newseum.org/events_edu/upcoming/about.aspx?item=LEVY090414&style=a
Rainbow

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 1:40 pm    Post subject: "The Chandra Levy Ammendment" Reply with quote

Hi Everybody!

I hope that you all had a nice weekend and hopefully, that you had a chance to see the Kentucky Derby race.

Like me, I'm sure that you have been hearing rumblings in the news about "Ingmar Guandique's" immigration status. I came across this article titled "Remember Chandra Levy: End D.C.'s 'sanctuary city' Status ", in the Washington Examiner's Op-Ed column, dated April 2, 2009, written by Tom Fitton, president of "Judicial Watch". It looks like Mr. Fitton is promoting a "Chandra Levy Ammendment", in order to put an end to Washington D.C.'s status as a "sanctuary city" for "illegal aliens".

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/columns/More-OpEd-Contributors/Remember-Chandra-Levy-End-DCs-sanctuary-city-status-42316757.html

In his article, Tom Fitton argues that if the "District" had not been classified as a "sanctuary city", D.C. police would have been allowed by law to check into "Ingmar Guandique's" background with the immigration office. The police may have been able to assist in the enforcement of the immigration laws which pertained to him. . . This way, the burglary and the attacks against the joggers may have been prevented and may be even the murder of Chandra Levy, as well. To his credit, Mr. Fitton uses the terms "alleged murderer" and "allegedly murdered".

I am certain that in his own mind, Mr. Fitton believes he is doing the right thing, trying to help innocent victims. But he connects the wrong victims to the wrong perpetrators. Sanctuary doesn't kill! Tattoo artists don't kill! People who look good on paper, who have murderous hearts, kill! By connecting the"wrong dots", Tom runs the risk of supporting the conviction of an innocent man and inciting racial hatred.

He's mixing apples and oranges. And, this Derby-Day "fruit-cocktail" is making it clear why the "sanctuary" laws were enacted in the first place. I am extremely disturbed by the inferences that can be drawn from the following quote from his article:

Quote:
In the end, as a sanctuary city, our nation’s capital will continue to attract more dangerous people like Guandique. And, in the end, it is an innocent like Chandra Levy who pays the price for this lawlessness by the District government. There can be no doubt that sanctuary kills.

With a comment like this, he might have just as well come out and said, "There is no doubt that Guandique, a dangerous illegal-immigrant, killed Chandra Levy, an innocent citizen of the United States!" That's what it sounds like.

"Judicial Watch" has done a lot of work for the Levy case to combat the real "lawlessness" that is found in D.C., in conjunction with Jim Robinson, the attorney for Anne-Marie Smith. I appreciate and respect the work they have done.

At this very critical time, when the "wrong" man has been arrested and falsely charged with first-degree murder, the kinds of prejudicial statements as to Mr. Guandique's "alleged guilt" Mr. Fitton is making, along with his call for some type of "Chandra Levy Immigration Ammendment" undermine the work that has been done on behalf of fighting another kind of "lawlessness in the District", the kind that looks good on paper, but is rotten to the core. And, as a consequence of this intentional, "confusion of the issues" salad, an innocent man could end up finding sanctuary for the rest of his life in prison.

I might be wrong, but weren't the laws pertaining to "sanctuary cities" enacted to prevent just such an "injustice" from occurring?
jane

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, Rainbow. It is natural to get angry when someone immigrates into your country and engages in crimes - particularly murder. But convicting an illegal alien violent thief of a murder he didn't commit is just making things way too convient for the actual murderer. Unfortunately, too many people among the authorities and the media are too anxious to pin Chandra's disappearance and death on Guandique.
rd

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and trashing Chandra just as Condit told them to fit their made up stories.

Chandra won't be trashed by Condit or the police to suit their agenda if we can help it.

rd
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 21 of 22

Jump to: