www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Guandique to be charged with Chandra's Murder Feb.20/09
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jane

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi sig, rainbow and everyone! Well, I am intrigued by a reference by the prosecution in a recent article, that they have physical evidence. Bring it on! What is it? They are obligated at some point to make it known to the defense, right? Hopefully we, too, will hear what this physical evidence is... (I'll look for the article and post a link).
Rainbow

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:43 pm    Post subject: Physical Evidence? Reply with quote

Hi Jane!
I look forward to reading it, once the prosecution "manufactures" it. Just kidding!

I'm also interested in what you can find out about "jailhouse" tattoos.
It looks like Michael Doyle did RD proud in connection with his setting the record straight about Guandiques tattoos being "jailhouse tattoos" in his Wednesday, April 22, 2009 McClatchey, Washington Bureau article "Suspect in Levy Case Charged with Murder":

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/200/v-print/story/66676.html

Guandique did not have any known gang tattoos when he was sentenced to prison in early 2002. Now, Guandique has a short beard, and a police detective said his hair had grown out, obscuring what's said to be a tattoo of a devil on top of his head.

Michael Doyle also makes attempts at correcting the false assumptions in the public sphere about the "jogging issue": Levy, a former federal Bureau of Prisons intern, had apparently gone to the park for a jog.
Rainbow

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:15 am    Post subject: Physical Evidence? cont'd Reply with quote

Hi Jane!
Is this the information about physical evidence from the article you were thinking of? You posted it earlier on this thread. It is from an article by Sari Horwitz and Scott Higham in the Washington Post's February 22, 2009 section of the Seattle Times
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2008771421_levy22.html?syndication=rss
Quote:
A law-enforcement official who spoke to investigators said Saturday that the break in the case came in part from DNA evidence. The official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, said DNA evidence was either retested or collected, and it was connected to Guandique
There's another reference to the quote from this article on the National Museum of Crime and Punishment website:
Cold Case Turned Hot: DNA May Be Key To Chandra Levy Case
CSI Blog, Tuesday, March 3, 2009
http://www.crimemuseum.org/blog/?s=levy
Quote:
A report from the Associated Press indicated in a recent article printed by NBC13 dated February 22, 2009, that, “a law enforcement official who has spoken to investigators said the break [in the Chandra Levy case] came in part from DNA evidence that was either retested or collected”. This short sentence is the only mention of newly discovered forensic evidence, and it leaves the reader without any real understanding of the evidence or how it could have provided the “break” police were searching for. Furthermore, this short mention of DNA evidence can be misleading to those who do not fully understand the value of the evidence, since it places the bias of guilt on the suspect, and as we all know, suspects are presumed innocent until proven guilty

Michael R. Bybelezer, B.Sc., M.F.S. http://www.crimemuseum.org/blog/?page_id=2, the author of the article, college instructor and former DC MPD intern, said about any DNA that was found and preserved from 8 years ago: In any event, it is worth talking about the likelihood of intact DNA being used presently in the Chandra Levy case
If, as the article states, the DNA evidence was retested, it is very possible that there was already DNA evidence from the case in storage that is now useful due to new developments. Perhaps when they ran the sample the first time, they didn’t have any suspect to compare it to, or the current suspect’s
Please note: The "article" Mr. Bybelezer, himself, refers to is by Dick Warrington in the April/May 2009 "Forensic" Magazine. http://www.forensicmag.com/Article_Print.asp?pid=275
Mike Bybelezer went on to say:
Quote:
But, if the DNA evidence was newly collected, we are most likely looking a situation of mtDNA, since the time frame is so large. As mentioned before, mtDNA can still be used to compare with a suspect, but the conclusions are limited to a shared lineage, rather than individuality
James Anderson

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In this story they say that the arrest warrant and affidavit released last month make no mention of DNA or other forensic evidence pointing to Guandique. They also point out that another one of their "witness" accounts is "inconsistent in some respects with accounts he gave to other witnesses." This has got to be one of the flimsiest cases I've ever heard of being brought to trial.

Attorneys attack case against Levy killing suspect
Associated Press
By BRIAN WESTLEY
April 23, 2009

WASHINGTON (AP) — The case against the man accused of killing federal intern Chandra Levy is flawed because it is largely based on the accounts of "jailhouse snitches" interviewed years after the slaying, defense attorneys said Thursday.

As Ingmar Guandique made his initial appearance in District of Columbia Superior Court, public defenders Santha Sonenberg and Maria Hawilo argued that a March 3 affidavit did not show probable cause for his arrest. Guandique wore a baggy orange jumpsuit and handcuffs. He said little, speaking softly and through an interpreter when asked to state his name.

"There is not a single witness to ever see Mr. Guandique and the decedent together and little information unknown to the government in 2002 beyond the made-up claims of unbelievable self-serving jailhouse informants," the attorneys said in a statement after the hearing.

The judge, however, found that police had probable cause to arrest Guandique and scheduled another hearing for May 27. Guandique, who is also serving a 10-year sentence in California for a separate assault, was to remain held at the D.C. jail until then.

click to read rest
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jqpMovRxpds8AVyVMwy0jExDJ-tAD97OD0401
jane

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone!

Rainbow - no, it was a more recent article where I read that the prosecution said it has physical evidence (at the most recent hearing or whatever it is called). I wasted a lot of time last night using a slow computer that kept closing the browser at the worst moments. I have the link saved in a document on another computer and will post it later (I have to go out).
Rainbow

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:44 am    Post subject: Whispers of Physical Evidence Reply with quote

Hi Jane!
Is the statement from this article titled "Judge Finds Probable Cause to Charge Levy Murder Suspect" by Michael Doyle in the April 23, 2009 edition of the ModBee what you are thinking of?
http://www.modbee.com/24hour/politics/story/677231.html

Assistant U.S. Attorney Glenn Kirschner told the judge that there was physical evidence in the case as well as the testimony of witnesses
jane

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Rainbow - yes, that's the one.
Rainbow

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:01 pm    Post subject: Physical Evidence? Reply with quote

Awesome, I tried really hard to find it! I wonder what they think they have. I guess our next big project will be to find out. I'm sure that whatever the prosecution has won't outweigh the physical evidence that is being ignored, which points to other murderer(s), though. Have a great weekend!
jane

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the same article,
Quote:
[Defense attorneys] Sonenberg and Hawilo filed a discovery request Thursday to obtain more information about the evidence that investigators have compiled.

rd

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just saw the statement about the US Attorney claiming to the judge at the probable cause hearing that there is physical evidence..

This could be the same devious "DNA" reference made earlier by US Attorneys such as Kirschner, which as far as I'm concerned was submitting Guandique's DNA for testing.

Well, defense attorneys have started the ball rolling pinning these vague self serving insinuations down to something concrete.

These are some more highlights from Michael Doyle's reporting, which as far as I can tell may be the only knowledgeable reporter left covering Chandra's case:

- Preliminary hearing is May 27.

- Two Washington Post reporters, the ones that did the Guandique series, excuse me, the Chandra series last summer, are on leave writing a book on the case for Scribner.

Will be so interesting if Guandique is acquited, as publishers won't publish until case is closed, the day the jury finds a defendant guilty. We saw that in Laci Peterson's case. All the books came out the day Peterson was found guilty.

Just one more reason why Guandique should not be found guilty. Be sweet considering that cluster from these two reporters I had to read and comment on last summer. I'm still waiting to see Horwitz and Higham taking the Chandra Levy Jog in the Park Challenge in heavy sweatshirt and spandex leggings in 82 degree weather, her first ever alleged jog in her life. Somehow I don't think I'll ever see these two clueless bozos reproduce anything they claim Chandra did.

- Doyle confirms that the grand jury still has to meet and indict Guandique.

As you may recall, they got a Fifth out of Condit a couple of weeks ago. I sincerely hope Guandique answers all their questions as he did on the lie detector test, something Condit also didn't answer.

rd

Judge finds probable cause to charge Levy murder suspect
by Michael Doyle
McClatchy Newspapers
April 23, 2009

http://www.kansascity.com/444/story/1158605.html
Rainbow

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:12 am    Post subject: Whose "Con-" ning Whom? Reply with quote

Hi everybody!
Has anyone seen this report on the ABC7 News Website "Levy Murder Suspect Has Tatoo of Victim, Sources Say", April 23, 2009:
Quote:
WASHINGTON - Ingmar Guandique, the defendant charged in the murder of Chandra Levy, has a tattoo of the slain former Washington intern on his body, sources tell ABC 7 News.

http://www.wjla.com/news/stories/0409/615670.html Is there any confirmation of this?

And as I've said before, why in the world are Ingmar's "jailhouse tatoos" MORE important to law enforcement and media-makers than Chandra's very own rose tatoo was when she was still classified as a missing-person? The FBI had hers listed as being on the left ankle, instead of the right. And, what's more, no one ever provided a sketch of her tatoo to the media, as far as I know or gave any information on the identity of the tatoo artist.

What kind of "con-" artists are we dealing with here? And why does it seem that so many members of the media are buying into the "con"?
Rainbow

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:02 am    Post subject: And "Chuckie" tatoo, too! Reply with quote

Hi again!
I can't believe it! Now this! Guandique also has a "Chuckie" tatoo on his back! It seems like this is where the prosecution is getting its case. . . off the back of a con!

KTLA.com, March 4, 2009
"Affidavit: Chandra Levy Suspect Kept Her Photo In His Cell"

http://www.ktla.com/landing_mostinteresting/?Affidavit-Chandra-Levy-Suspect-Kept-Her-=1&blockID=219709&feedID=1080

Quote:
Police visited Guandique at a federal prison in California in November, according to the affidavit. They found him to be heavily tattooed, with multiple MS-13 gang tattoos, as well as "Chuckie" tattoos and a devil tattooed on his head. One tattoo on his back depicts the "Chuckie" movie character holding a knife, according to the affidavit.

jane

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rainbow. I'm surprised all these tattoos can fit on Guandique's person! I'm thinking it would take at least a day to read Guandique. If only all felons would cooperate this way and devote themselves to tattooing evidence for their conviction all over their very own body. He's a living, breathing, classic true(?) crime book. A must-read. I couldn't put him down.
jane

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a link to a page about jailhouse tattoos: http://www.cellblockvisions.com/artgallery4.html
rd

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw the thing about a tattoo of Chandra on Guandique in Washington City Paper, which I think is the source of this. Personally I find it difficult to believe that the police mentioned in their arrest affadavit that he had a picture of Chandra from a magazine and all his other tattoos but didn't mention a tattoo of Chandra.

For that reason I believe the Washington City Paper has that screwed up, and is now the source for other media, who are only too happy to oblige the DC police and US Attorney's office in their brainwashing the juror pool campaign.

And quite frankly, I would find it odd after being given a lie detector test back in 2001 accusing him of murdering Chandra, and being the focus of a Washington campaign to shift the focus from Congress to an illegal for Chandra's disappearance, that he wouldn't have mementos of the gringos going after him.

It actually is honest, something the Washington establishment and Congress and the man they're protecting, Condit, know nothing about.

rd
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 20 of 22

Jump to: