www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Guandique to be charged with Chandra's Murder Feb.20/09
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rainbow

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 8:56 pm    Post subject: The Songs of the Sanctuaries Turned into Screams-R. Fisch Reply with quote

Happy Cinco de Maya, everybody!
Yes, it is totally wrong for politicians to capitalize on the murder of Chandra Levy, by even faintly suggesting that she would be in favor of having an ammendment like this, named after her. As we can all remember, Chandra, herself, is someone who enjoyed visiting the Holocaust Museum. Here is a link to the United States Memorial Holcaust Museum.

http://www.ushmm.org/

And a link to the "Yellow Star Foundation", where you can find the quote I mentioned above, by Robert O. Fisch.

http://www.yellowstarfoundation.org/resources.htm
Rainbow

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 10:53 pm    Post subject: Physical Evidence Reply with quote

Hi again!
I found this bit of information while I was doing a little research today. You may have already posted it. I'm not sure. It mentions something about the physical evidence aspect of the Guandique case. The article was written by Julie Moos in the February 23, 2009 edition of Pointeronline.:
http://poynteronline.org/column.asp?id=101&aid=158897

Quote:
The detectives submitted some of Guandique's belongings for DNA testing, and at least one of his victims has testified before the grand jury.
Rainbow

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 12:06 am    Post subject: The Guandique-CL Tattoo Reply with quote

Hi once again!
I am trying to get more information on the Guandique-CL tattoo story. Here is a copy of the news article, which also includes the link to the video feed. I think that it gives us a some more insight into the personality of the DC police chief, Cathy Lanier, and her intense feelings about the charges against Guandique. It also lets us get a small glimpse at the defense's emotions, as well. The link is from a report on the ABC News, WJLA, Channel 7 website, dated April 23, 2009, entitled "Levy Murder Suspect has Tattoo of Victim".

http://www.wjla.com/news/stories/0409/615670.html
Rainbow

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 2:32 am    Post subject: Victim Profiling-Revisited Reply with quote

Hi everybody!
I found a victim profile of Chandra Levy, done by Clint van Zandt and included in an article written by David Shuster of Fox News, dated July 26, 2001. Buffy posted it and commented on it on October 18, 2001 on the criminalprofiling.com website. The name of the article is: "What Was Chandra Thinking?" I'm sure that you will find it an interesting "re-read".

Quote:
So to find the missing former intern, the profiler will turn to victimology, piecing together all the parts of her life to try and establish the probable cause of her disappearance.

http://www.criminalprofiling.com/What-Was-Chandra-Thinking_s187.html

Quote:
The first step, according to profilers, is to evaluate whether Levy was at high risk or low risk for random violence. Profilers say Levy fell into the low-risk category. Even though she was a young, single woman living in a big city, an internship is considered predictable and safe. And there is no indication Levy was abusing drugs or involved in gambling. Profilers also point out that the young woman seemed careful. She belonged to a gym because she reportedly thought it would be safer than running in the city, and carried her cell phone almost everywhere. That’s why it’s curious that when Levy disappeared, her cell phone and wallet were left behind. And police dogs lost Levy's scent outside her building, suggesting that Levy got in a car with somebody she knew and didn't plan on being gone for long
Rainbow

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 3:29 am    Post subject: May 11, 2001 Reply with quote

A look back at this date in the Levy-case history, from the "Where in the World is Chandra Levy?" website, by Redd Herring.
http://www.geocities.com/redd_herring.geo/chandra/chandralevy_timeline_01.html
Quote:
Friday, May 11, 2001
• Levy misses graduation ceremony at the University of Southern California.
• Condit calls Anne Marie Smith this afternoon [Larry King Live, August 2] and says he can't see her for awhile. "And he said that he would -- he said, call me. He said that he was in trouble and that he would have to disappear for a while. He said, don't call me for a few days, I'll explain it all to you, you know, as soon as I get the first opportunity. However, I just can't talk to you for a few days. If you do call me, please just leave a very short message. Don't leave your name. Don't tell anyone about this phone conversation. Don't bring up my name to anybody." - Anne Marie Smith
Smith says Condit said nothing about a constituent being missing, nor any mention of Chandra.

Rainbow

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 2:33 pm    Post subject: Retracted Story? Reply with quote

I found this bit of info today during a Yahoo search for evidence prosecution thinks they have against Guandique. I need to do some more tracking on this story. Do you think the fingerprint refers to this story or another one?

link:
http://74.6.146.127/search/cache?ei=UTF-8&p=Los+Angeles+times-guandique-fingerprint&y=Search&fr=my-myy&u=www.ktla.com/pages/landing_mostinteresting/%3FLawyers--Case-Against-Chandra-Levy-Murde%3D1%26blockID%3D263997%26feedID%3D1080&w=los+angeles+times+guandique+fingerprint&d=OfcOGUxISucs&icp=1&.intl=us

connected to this entry on Yahoo search page:

Lawyers: Case Against Chandra Levy Murder Suspect is Weak
... Finance Los Angeles Times KTLA On YouTube Metromix Los Angeles Auto & Car ... Fingerprint Leads to Arrest of Sex Assault Suspect ...ktla.com/pages/landing_mostinteresting/?Lawyers--Case-Against-Chand... - 76k - Cached
Rainbow

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 5:07 am    Post subject: Dem Bones Reply with quote

Do authorities think that "evidence" in the bones that were found at the staged, secondary crime scene in Rock Creek Park have led them to want to charge Guandique with the murder of Chandra Levy? Here's a quote made by Sheryl McCollom of Bauder College's Cold Case Research Institute in an article titled "Chandra Levy Case Reopened" by Kris Kitto in the January 9, 2009 edition of TheHill.com

http://thehill.com/content/view/70566/70/

Quote:
All of it is a made-for-TV movie,” McCollum said. She said the college chose to focus on Levy’s case because some of the forensics, including how the intern’s remains were found and the information the bones provided, differ from cases students have studied before
Rainbow

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 4:17 pm    Post subject: In the Beginning, the crime-less scene Reply with quote

Levy Case History

CNN-Interview: Bill Hemmer and Dr. Michael Baden, Forensic Pathologist/May 23, 2002
"Forensic Pathologist: Analyzing Levy Evidence"

http://edition.cnn.com/2002/US/05/23/baden.cnna/index.html?related

Quote:
But it has to be ascertained: Where did she die? If she died -- where she was found -- in May [2001], there's some real concerns. If she died elsewhere and then was placed in this area after July, that's an important investigative clue.
[/b]
Rainbow

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 7:57 pm    Post subject: Another Date in Levy Case History Reply with quote

May 17, 2001
"Where in the World is Chandra Levy", website by Redd Herring
http://www.geocities.com/redd_herring.geo/chandra/chandralevy_timeline_01.html

Quote:
Anne Marie Smith, having not heard from Condit since his May 11 phone call, arrives in Washington, turns on the television, and first learns of the search for Chandra Levy. "And at that point in time, I called him and left him a message. And I was like, you know, you need to explain this to me." [Larry King Live, August 2]
• Anne Marie Smith receives a phone call from Condit at midnight. We learn that the call was from a pay phone, outside a McDonald's in Luray, Virginia.
[Larry King Live, August 2]
Anne Marie Smith: • "And he called me, and he once again, you know, made me feel good about everything. He's like: Everything's OK with you and me. You know, I just want to assure you that there's nothing wrong with our relationship, but he said, I'm just dealing with this situation. And basically, he wanted to sit down and explain it to me, but he also said that you wouldn't believe what they're trying to do to me. And I don't know who these people were that he was referring to."
Rainbow

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 10:06 pm    Post subject: Primary or Secondary Crime Scene Reply with quote

Hi all!
What did Charles Ramsey mean by these statements he made in briefings he gave to the press on May 22, 2002 on CNN?
"D.C. Police Chief: Levy's Remains Found"
http://archives.cnn.com/2002/US/05/22/ramsey.transcripts/index.html
Quote:
QUESTION: Could you speak to that a little bit more? Are you saying that there is a possibility that her body was not here last summer when the police...

RAMSEY: We don't know. Again, when the medical examiner begins to process all the remains that he has as well as other evidence, we're hopeful that he'll be able to fix a time of death. And if he's able to do that, then we'll be able to kind of tell whether or not she was there during the time immediately following her disappearance, if it was sometime later. We just don't have enough to be able to tell you that right now.

And, again. . .
"Police Chief Ramsey Briefs the Press on Bones Found in Rock Creek Park", May 22, 2002 p.m.
http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0205/22/se.06.html
Quote:
And there's also a presumption that you're making, that it was there during the time of the search. We don't know the answer to that. The body could have been deposited after the search, because the search took place soon after the disappearance.
Rainbow

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 12:21 pm    Post subject: A Time for Satire Reply with quote

Political satire is a significant part of satire that specializes in gaining entertainment from politics; it has also been used with subversive intent where political speech and dissent are forbidden by a regime, as a method of advancing political arguments where such arguments are expressly forbidden.--Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_satire

By his employing political satire, another literary genre, Michael Ledeen, a National Review Online contributing editor and American Enterprise Institute freedom chair holder, utilized the ability to safely advance a potentially politically unsafe theory, providing some speculative insight into the workings of government intelligence agencies, when confronted with situations like the Chandra Levy case.

It is interesting to read these articles written in 2001 with the benefit of hindsight, taking into account the developments in the case. It is possible to extrapolate reasons agencies like the DOJ might have had for "allowing" the Chandra Levy investigation to go "off on tangents" and then grow very cold.

Synchronistically, the essays provide food-for-thought on why an agency like the DOJ might want to steer the story away from the real "acteurs", necessitating the creation of a "Guandique" fiction story for the headlines and personal "tragedy" for the mentally-ill man, himself.

Mr. Ledeen expressed his thoughts on the former stalemate in the Levy investigation in a politically satirical essay published on July 16, 2001 in the National Review Online. Here is a link to his article titled "An Unexplored Lead", where he does some of his own speculating, under the guise of James Angleton, former head of CIA couterintelligence.

http://www.aei.org/article/13001

Do you think the D.C. cops were alert enough to ask him the tough, counterintelligence questions? Do you think FBI counterintelligence has been brought into this case? Do you think any of these investigators has considered the possibility that her computer was penetrated by a skilled espionage agent--a trained hacker--and wiped clean, shortly after she was dealt with?

The following excerpts are from a second, "satirical" interview Mr. Ledeen published on July 30, 2001 titled "The Angleton Conversations, II". The interview supposedly takes place between the late James Angleton (1917-1987), long-time head of CIA counterintelligence, and Michael Ledeen, himself, of the National Review Online, July 30, 2001. In his "pseudo-interview" Mr. Ledeen conjures up some small talk between himself and Mr. Angleton about the "disappearance of Chandra Levy". Very clever of Mr. Ledeen!

http://www.nationalreview.com/contributors/ledeenprint073001.html

Quote:
“Nothing’s happening is it? Just what you’d expect.”

Why do you say that? I mean, it’s the biggest story in the country, you’d think they’d go all out to find something.

“Maybe they have. If they know what they’re doing-that would be the FBI, mind you, the D.C. police are not likely to be counterintelligence experts--they certainly wouldn’t let on.

Quote:
few weeks ago I was lucky enough to get a good connection with the late James Jesus Angleton, long-time head of CIA counterintelligence, on the Chandra Levy/Gary Condit matter. Angleton pointed out that since Condit was a member of the House Select Committee on Intelligence, he would be a prime target for recruitment by hostile intelligence services operating in Washington, which in turn might explain the disappearance of Chandra Levy.
Rainbow

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 8:06 pm    Post subject: An Afternoon in the Newseum Reply with quote

Here is the follow up article and accompanying videos of the talk that Sari Horwitz and Scott Higham of the Washington Post gave at the Newseum in Washington in early May.

Quote:
"The police made a critical mistake and corrupted the history of her computer," said Horwitz. "If the police hadn’t done that, they would have seen that that morning, Chandra looked up the weather and information about hiking trails in Rock Creek Park. They would have focused on Rock Creek Park and not Gary Condit."

http://www.newseum.org/events_edu/event_archive/reporting.aspx?item=LEVY090503&style=d
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22
Page 22 of 22

Jump to: