www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Guandique to be charged with Chandra's Murder Feb.20/09
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rd

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

post to helpofindthemissing.org (because they linked here in discussing this latest development in Chandra's case):

Hi all, I'm annalyzer's brother, rd. I started posting in 2001 when Chandra disappeared and then Laci Peterson and continued to focus on missing women which I dedicated my site to, www.justiceforchandra.com

I posted my book Murder on a Horse Trail: The Disappearance of Chandra Levy here on this site. Please feel free to read. I'll be glad to answer any questions.

The take on Guandique is complex. I have a chapter on Guandique. I also have a chapter on Condit's Alibi. Of much more depth on Guandique is last years thread on the Washington Post series since they basically were trying to pin it on him and whitewash Condit.

My thoughts start with that it is a crime to place Chandra in the middle of a national forest on top of the highest hill in DC. Not a one of you women would have been in that forest alone, much less without a cell phone which she used to monitor her answering machine constantly for messages from Condit, without your wallet, without any pepper spray she always carried or any other protection, and without enough time to get home before dark.

None of you would have done it, and it's a crime to say that Chandra did it when there was no basis of her ever having done anything like that.

She never jogged, anywhere.

She was never known to go to Rock Creek Park by her friends. Indeed, she told them it was a dangerous place.

I walked the route and re-enacted the crime in my book. The National Enquirer provided a photo guide to the route. It was pretty ugly. Not a one of you would consider a woman sane to even get to the park, much less climb the steepest hill in DC through a dark forest on a horse trail to get to where she was found.

In short, I posted today I'd be more than willing to assist Guandique's defense by taking the jury on that re-enactment taking only what Chandra had with her, her apartment keys and her Walkman, the same things she took to her gym everyday a couple of blocks away.

And she was still a member of the gym. She was told the previous evening she had to give thirty days notice to terminate her membership, so she was a paid member for another month.

Why would I assist a scum like Guandique? Because there's a bigger scum who didn't take a police lie detector test like Guandique did, and wouldn't pass it like Guandique did. We saw that in the Connie Chung interview. Imagine what the lie detector readings would have been during that interview.

And then when Guandique is cleared, or not convicted, then the focus can go back to where it belongs, on the uninvestigated Condit.

And we can drop Guandique back where he came from, sans parachute.

There are lots more details than Chandra could have never been there without being driven there and her body hidden, and that Guandique passed a lie detector test, and the "cellmate" who says he confessed failed his, and said Guandique said he stabbed her. When Chandra was found, there were no blood stains on her clothes.

The cellmate said nothing true that wasn't in the news, and what he said that wasn't in the news was a lie.

On that they're going to charge Guandique? I say keep him in prison indefinitely until Chandra's case is resolved, or go ahead and charge him and have a trial, I welcome it, but not a chance in the world that anyone could physically re-enact what was alleged to happen and believe it.

Throughout the book there are many unanswered questions that remain unanswered, and could be answered, but it's way easier to pin this on an illegal than a former prominent congressman.

I'm just not for taking the easy way out when it comes to a missing person.

rd
laskipper

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jJriCiFGEwdgNBSImpOIiAHsPqUAD96GIIOG0

8-year mystery of Chandra Levy's slaying may end

By GILLIAN GAYNAIR – 33 minutes ago

Excerpt:

Abbe Lowell, an attorney for Condit, said the revelations clear the former congressman.

Condit did not return several messages left by The Associated Press but said in a statement to WJLA-TV in Washington that he is glad the Levy family is finally getting answers.

"I had always hoped to have the opportunity to tell my side of this story, but too many were not prepared to listen. Now I plan to do so, but I will have no further comments on this story at this time," he said in the statement, posted on the station's Web site.

end excerpt

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-gary-condit-statement22-2009feb22,0,4198924.story

Statement from Gary Condit on Chandra Levy case
Staff and wire reports
1:13 PM PST, February 21, 2009

WASHINGTON -- -- In a statement made today to television station WJLA, in Washington, Gary Condit said:

"For the Levy family, we are glad they are finally getting the answers they deserve. For my family, I am glad that their years of standing together in the face of such adversity have finally led to the truth. It is unfortunate that an insatiable appetite for sensationalism blocked so many from searching for the real answers for so long. I had always hoped to have the opportunity to tell my side of this story, but too many were not prepared to listen. Now I plan to do so, but I will have no further comments on this story at this time."

laskipper

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.justiceforchandra.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=182&start=0

Quote- from Ramsey- Aritcle came from Court TV:

Ramsey also played down police interest in Ingmar Guandique of Washington and Albert Cook Jr. of Bethesda, Md. Both men were convicted of violent crimes in Rock Creek Park last year, but Ramsey said there are many differences between their crimes and the Levy case.
Kortnie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:59 am    Post subject: DNA Reply with quote

Hi rd! Long time no see! With the recent news about Guandique, I came to see what you people thought and I see that you do not believe that this piece of scum is the Perp.

But, I read yesterday that DNA has connected him to her. Can you elaborate on that, please?

--Your old friend Kortnie
jane

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The clothing found with Chandra's remains really points more to her being taken the previous night - the clothing was heavy for the hot daytime weather. That would mean someone else, not Chandra, was using her computer the following day.

Pursuing what Kate said about Guandique not being able to interfere with the remains while in jail, it is important for his defense to look into evidence that the remains decomposed in the area where they were found. If this is lacking, the case against Guandique is suspect.

Not that we like Guandique, but maybe we should start a thread where we post pieces of the puzzle that don't fit with Guandique as Chandra's murderer?
jane

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come to think of it, if I were defending Guandique I would want proof, beyond the clothing and dental records, that the remains were Chandra's. I still harbour some doubt about that. Dental records were used to ID the remains and who is to say the teeth or xrays of the remains were actually compared to Chandra's dental records?

What made me suspicious was when the authorities would not allow the three forensic experts (Lee, Baden and Wecht) to closely examine and conduct tests on the remains. The authorities were about to release the remains a couple of months after they were found. Then the three experts volunteered their services to the Levys. It then turned out that the authorities changed their mind and the remains were not released for another year.

I remember Violetflame speculated, "What if the remains aren't really Chandra's?"
laskipper

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree, Jane.

And there is the matter of the Walkman. Guandique was a thief. His crimes were theft- even if a few involved attempted mugging to get something of value.

Because Chandra's Walkman was found near her remains, if it was Guandique, why didn't he take the Walkman? It was found on a rock near her body. Neatly 'posed' with the earphones intact.

Seems to me that the motive in Chandra's case was clearly murder.

Not a motive you would attribute to a thief. Especially since Rock Creek (another area) was his stomping ground.

ls
rd

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kortnie, yes good to see you, we're waiting to see what this DNA evidence is. As jane and skipper point out above, it is highly suspect to us for numerous reasons.

But we'll see what it is and when it was found and how it was found and what independent experts who weren't allowed to examine the remains think of it.

The timing of as soon as the Democratic administration and their appointees came into office has to be involved, and I want to know how and why.

This is being attributed to the Washington Post series last year which was blatant in its bias toward Condit and against Guandique, and like I said at the time, this is a whitewash of a serious embarrassment for the Democratic Party coming into power, which the Washington Post is practically their tool.

I welcome the refocus on Chandra's case and the evidence and the investigation that has and hasn't been done.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

from HFTM:

packy wrote:
I would think it would have to be something found on those knotted leggings.

That's about the only place it could come from where it had a chance of being protected somewhat from the elements. And maybe a hair is the only thing that could have survived. I'll just have to see what they say they found.

In addition to the fact that Chandra couldn't have been up there on that huge hill alone in a forest, but that it is next to a park picnic bench where someone can drive up and drag her body down the hill, the claim is that Chandra's murder is similar to Guandique's MO.

There is a major difference in the MO. Tying Chandra up with her own leggings to murder her is a seriously sophisticated crime. Guandique was a very young man who had shown no such sophistication is his assaults oin his girlfriend and victims.

Guandique attacked his victims with a knife to the throat. There was no blood found on Chandra's clothes, and while it would have been possible to overcome Chandra with a knife without cutting her, just one of numerous reasons Chandra wouldn't be out in the middle of nowhere to start with, it is not a demonstrated MO that after attacking his other victims he dropped the knife and began strangling them or something besides holding a knife to their throat.

Guandique claimed to attack the other victims to steal their Walkman, but Chandra's was left with her body.

Guandique broke into a neighboring apartment to steal a ring, but he never pawned Chandra's easily identifiable ring. It has never been found.

Guandique attacked victims along a heavily trafficked Beach Drive with bushes between the jogging path and the road. The jogging path was frequented by many lone female joggers. He waited until one would come by, then ran then down and put a knife to their throat. Both fought him off.

Chandra was found at the top of a huge hill above Beach Drive and down the other side hundreds of feet hidden away. There is a road that meanders up the hill, does switchbacks and everything else to get up there, and then run alongs the top of the hill. It's called Ridge Road.

There is no way that Chandra was out climbing that steep hill or Guandique following her up the hill, it takes at least half an hour to walk up the hill. And if Guandique is suspected of hanging out up there instead of on Beach Drive, he would have had an interminible wait for a lone female victim. I was there an entire Friday afternoon and only saw two couples come though with their dogs.

The horse trail is so steep, slanted, and narrow, with tree roots and dirt and gravel, that footing is precarious. I couldn't even find a place to sit and type without sliding off of anything I sat on.

Six days after Guandique allegedly tied up Chandra and murdered her, he ran from an apartment he had broken into with a ring he stole from the jewelry box. He knew he was seen, and didn't even attack the women, much less tie her up and murder her.

So no, the MO is not similar, and the only proximity to where Guandique hung out is by bird's eye view of a map. As I point out in posts about reporters saying they are close, it's like saying the Washington Post building near the Capitol is close to the top of the Washington Monument. Yes, from a bird's eye view, but getting there is something entirely different.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's an interview with one of the experts, Dr. Cyril Wecht. Unfortunately, lots of mistakes, if this is the level of expertise we have to draw on, then there is no expertise.

"There was a rush to judgment," said Dr. Wecht. "All attention was focused on Congressman Gary Condit. There was no question in anybody's mind, so far as the authorities were concerned, that he was responsible."

This is not true. DC police and then FBI interviewed Condit four times over four months for a total of less than four hours. They did everything they could to exonerate him and move on. They were under great pressure to do that.

Their request for a subpoena to search Condit's apartment when a former Condit mistress called from San Francisco pleading with them to investigate Condit was denied by the US Attorney as well.

"Regrettably, as you know, they did not find the skeletal remains for I think over a year, and by that time there was not only no soft tissue, but no opportunity for DNA testing," added Wecht.

We will have to see what new "opportunity" the DC police have found for DNA testing.

Levy was also jogging when she disappeared, officials said. Wecht says he concluded long ago that someone like Guandique was the killer.

These are the same authorities who want to pin this on Guandique instead of Condit by claiming Chandra was jogging on a horse trail in the middle of a national forest. These nameless officials need to take the Chandra Levy Walk in the Park Challenge. These officials couldn't do it. They're clueless idiots.

Wecht also said that police made a critical mistake, when they didn't search the park in the very beginning of the investigation. It was a search they finally carried out one year later.

I'll give Wecht some benefit of the doubt. Either he or the reporter or more likely both are clueless.

The "search", if one is being generous to the DC police today, was carried out 10 weeks after Chandra disappeared. Her body was found a year later by a "turtle hunter" dog walker, unless Wecht knows something about the man amd dog "searching" for Chandra that we don't know.

Certainly the turtle hunting story was a fantastical tale. We also have lots to say about the turtle hunter in the Washington Post thread where he has been rehabilitated by the Washington Post cub reporters working that series as a "dog walker" hunting for bones.

He found bones all right.

rd

Wecht: Mistakes Made In Levy Investgation
KDKA.com
February 22, 2009
http://kdka.com/local/Chandra.Levy.Dr.2.940904.html
rd

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Condit is now saying he may write a book. We used to suggest titles for his book. But here's a new suggestion.

OJ wrote a book, "If I Did It".

Condit should title his, "If I Didn't Do It".

rd
peripeteia

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:13 pm    Post subject: D. Baden on U-tube Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJ0tiA1-yhg&feature=related

I agree with you rd: that the landlady's story seems a bit iffy, and also
the girl friend and police photo file should collaborate Sheila Cruz's statement to the grand jury. I just read one article where Cruz stated, Grandique looked like he had been in a "bad fight", bruising, scratches, fat lip, marks on neck and face, seems if he had injuries that should have alerted police to question him regarding this lacerations and bruising.

url posted above, interview with Baden. He stated that there was no trace evidence found on Chandra's clothing, but that new methods might have been able to extract evidence possibly lodged in the tied leggings.
He stated, Chandra's tooth was broken, pointed to lower left side midway.
And he made an odd comment, "she put up a fight". He also said that her hyoid bone was fractured, and that she died from strangulation. He did mention the possibility of hair could have been found in the leggings. Therefore perhaps it can survive the elements to be of some evidentiary value!
peripeteia

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rd wrote:
Condit is now saying he may write a book. We used to suggest titles for his book. But here's a new suggestion.

OJ wrote a book, "If I Did It".

Condit should title his, "If I Didn't Do It".

rd

saw an article which began condit speaks, and I simply strolled on by without a tad of curiosity.

I am rather drawn to a the title, "I am not a perfect man", probably because that was his mantra at every interview.
rd

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, that would be a good title. I welcome any insight he can shed into unanswered questions. What he told the Washington Post last year was the same outrageous lies.

interesting about a broken tooth, kate. No mention of that before. Of course her skull was fractured and indications were that fracture occurred after death. So teeth obviously could suffer similar post-death trauma as well.

Yes, in addition to the May 7 mug shot which would prove or disprove the landlady's grand jury assertion of Guandique being injured, there is no reported mention of that being mentioned by the arresting officer who found Guandique after he responded to the break in call from the neighbor who found him inside and screamed. He fled with her ring. He had pried the deadbolt off.

So in my opinion the landlady is a vulnerable illegal immigrant harborer who is lying for the police. But I will be satisfied with an undoctored May 7 mug shot confirming her claim and a statement from the arresting officer why it was of no interest to him.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got an email from a friend:

Foreigner arrested..... Did you come across the guy arrested in your research for Chandra Levy book?

Hi, yes I have a chapter on Guandique, named aptly enough Guandique. :)

Here's a link to the book, just click on any of the chapters including Guandique:

http://www.justiceforchandra.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2562

We have thread discussions going on. None of the information is new except there is a claim they suddenly discovered some DNA linking Guandique. Highly suspect. I will wait to hear the details.

Guandique passed a lie detector test, and the cellmate who says he confessed failed his, and said Guandique said he stabbed her. When Chandra was found, there were no blood stains on her clothes.

The cellmate said nothing true that wasn't in the news, and what he said that wasn't in the news was a lie.

Typical cellmate confession attempt to get out of jail free.

The DNA (?) find is new and that's the basis for the arrest. I don't believe it's possible that Chandra was up on that mountain nor Guandique up there so I am suspicious of this sudden discovery of DNA where none was found before on articles of clthing that went through the seasons there in Washington for a year.

Needless to say, there wasn't much left of the body or clothes.

Obviously, Guandique should be dropped back into El Salvador without a parachute but neither he nor Chandra were on top of that huge mountainous hill where she was found in a forest hundreds of feet below a horse trail. At least alive I mean.

thanks for the heads up.

rd
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 3 of 22

Jump to: