www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Guandique to be charged with Chandra's Murder Feb.20/09
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 20, 21, 22  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fallout

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hold on a minute..

Very unlikely that Chandra's body was at the discovery site during the summer of 2001. I and a few others have gone to the site and and counted a sufficient number of dog walkers and hikers who frequent those trails on a normal day (and May 1, 2001 was a beautiful day for a hike)who would have noticed the smell of a decaying body there. Was a forensic test of the effects of local insect and microbial activity done on the remains? This kind of evidence is crucial to prove the length of time in one place. I haven't heard of it and I've been listening hard.

This makes me believe that the body was placed here after the swampy summer weather.

If the body was dumped here in colder weather, or more likely just before the discovery in May of 2002, then Guandique could not have done the crime as he was being bussed all around the country from one prison to another from the moment he was apprehended in early July 2001.

The failed attacks on the two women by the diminutive Salvadoran along the paved road do not exactly match the scenario either. Those who would want us to believe it is a similar type of attack to what happened to Chandra don't realize that the hiking trails near the discovery site are not the place for jogging. If Guandique was a creature of habit he would not have been lurking in the woods but up near the street.

Have they found the ring with the initials among Guandique's possessions? That would be really interesting but even more suspicious considering the length of time since the occurrence.

Why is this happening now? I've gotten suspicious enough of our dear leaders (even if I voted for them this time) to wonder about such things. If Chandra was a distraction for something else in the summer of 2001 then God knows what we're in for next.

I'm with you RD. When the pro-bono attorneys are announced for Guandique I'll be glad to pitch in with demonstrations of why it couldn't have happened this way.
fallout

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something else!

from the Washington Post investigation:

"On Oct. 19, D.C. police and federal prosecutors went to the D.C. jail to interview the informant, whose name is being withheld by The Post to protect him against reprisals from other prisoners.

The informant said that he had befriended Guandique during strolls around the jail's exercise yard. Guandique was awaiting trial on charges in the attacks in the park on May 14 and July 1. The informant said that one day in August Guandique looked depressed and said something was weighing on him.

Guandique, the informant said, confessed to murdering a woman in the park named Chandra Levy, the intern whose picture had been splashed all over television. There was more: Guandique said Rep. Gary Condit paid him to do it. He didn't realize who Condit was until he later saw his picture on TV. Guandique had been walking in the Adams Morgan neighborhood when a car pulled to the curb. Condit offered him money - $25,000 to kill a woman. The congressman provided him with her picture and a location where he could find her.

The informant said Guandique told him he took drugs and drank alcohol to steel himself for the attack. He went to the location Condit gave him and saw Chandra running on a path. Guandique hid in the bushes. When Chandra circled back, he jumped out and attacked her, stabbing her in the neck and the stomach. She fell to the ground, and Guandique carried her body far into the woods. He dug a hole with his hands and covered Chandra with dirt, leaves and sticks. He left the knife in her body and later considered retrieving it but never did. He sent the $25,000 to his family in El Salvador.

The informant called his lawyer and said that he wanted to come forward because he felt badly for Chandra's parents after seeing them on TV. The informant recently repeated his story to The Post."

Well, there's a lot of evidence available here if any of this is true.

First of all,

The informant is known. Who is he? Was he really in contact with Guandique or just trying to cadge a deal?

Did you know that it was the Washington Post reporters to whom the informant first spoke? They informed the police. Later the story shifted to quote the informant as saying he told "the FBI". Why didn't the Post tell us about their initial contact rather than saying he told the FBI?

We have the primary sources here. Check it out.

Second: The transfer of $25,000 is a matter of record that can be introduced into evidence. Does such a record exist? I can't wait to hear.

Third: Where is the informant now? What is he in prison for and what kind of deal is he being offered? Let's weigh that.

Fourth: How likely is it that the magical charismatic Gary Condit could convince Chandra to take up jogging along an inconvenient path, way off the normal road and not a logical part of any jogging plan that might begin in the Dupont Circle area by a woman who, as her friend Sven Jones informed us, was not apt to go jogging in Rock Creek Park anyway so that she might be in the right place at the right time for Ingmar to stab her to death?

Fifth: Where's the knife? Where's the friggin' murder weapon? And why didn't the DC Medical Examiner notice any lacerations on the bones?

Just a few simple questions folks.

James
fallout

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, one more thing..

"Guandique hid in the bushes"...

No! No! No! Please, look for yourself to see if there are "bushes" behind which one might "hide" in preparation for an attack on someone "jogging" in the area where Chandra's body was found. This is perhaps the most glaring error of all in the fake story by the unnamed and unknowable "informant.

Bye Bye

James
rd

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, no bushes there, James. You and I know that, we've been there. One big lie after another from the "cellmate".

And we know good and well they didn't find Chandra's ring connected to Guandique. Or anything else.

You betcha we're not going to stand by idle while they try to pass this off on a convenient illegal and make Chandra's murder go away.

We didn't when Dominick Dunne got sued by Condit, and neither will we stand by idle now for a miscarriage of justice like this.

All excellent questions, fallout. We address them in the Washington Post thread from last summer.

Yes, they know the imformant. He's the same informant who failed his lie detector test while Guandique passed his.

He's the same informant that just told the prison officials what he saw on tv. And made up stuff about stabbing becaus ethere wasn't any blood on he clothes.

And by the way, Guandique doesn't speak English. Condit doesn't speak Spanish that well to arrange a murder with some guy on the street. Gee, wonder why that buffoon failed his lie detector test? of course, Condit refused to take the police lie detector test that Guandique passed.

rd
jane

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good observations, guys.

Rich - I hope you are right, that Guandique will have an excellent defense team. Not that I think he's a good guy, but I do not believe he made Chandra disappear. And I'm hoping a great defense team will shed some light on some of the facts surrounding her disappearance and murder.
jane

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rd and James, I'm so glad both of you were at the site and are certain it is not a place where anyone would jog or lurk in wait of joggers.

James, it just hit me that it's unlikely the remains were placed in the park just prior to their being found. I agree they might have been placed there some time after Chandra's disappearance, but for at least one of the leg bones to have been embedded in the soil, I would guess the remains were probably there for several months. Anytime after the events of September 11th shifted media attention away from Chandra would have been a good time to move the remains to the park.
jane

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Doyle has an article about the imminent arrest in the ModBee - check it out http://www.modbee.com/local/story/607064.html . It's refreshing to read his account, as he words things much better than the average reporter - subtle differences, but they mean a lot.
jane

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excerpt from a Washington Post/Seattle Times article:

A law-enforcement official who spoke to investigators said Saturday that the break in the case came in part from DNA evidence. The official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, said DNA evidence was either retested or collected, and it was connected to Guandique. The official said D.C. police have interviewed Guandique at least twice, and the case has been sent to a grand jury.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2008771421_levy22.html
rd

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, well reported by Michael Doyle as usual. Thanks for the link, jane.

As we've seen reported, the police chief told the Levys that they had put together substantial evidence against someone, on the one hand allegedly not telling the Levys who, but allegedly the Levys know who indorectly by what was said, and news reports saying Guandique will be flown from Californa prison to Washington and charged.

I find that fascinating that the DC police never told the Levys and presumably anyone else who this person is, but everyone knows it's Guandique.

In any event, nothing about new evidence, just "substantial" evidence.

That's fine, we know what that evidence is, and if they go to trial with that, worst case for them is that Guandique is not found guilty but they tried to charge someone, and best case is the get some sort of conviction.

Sort of a win-win for them no matter what happens.

Like I say, I welcome it, there'll be plenty of focus on Chandra's case and lots of questions raised.

We're here to provide lots of answers to everything except proof of who murdered Chandra.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha Ha Ha Ha LOL!!!!

DNA from the crime scene??? yeah, right.

This is the same crime evidence they refused to allow the three forensic scientists to examine where they could have determined if there was DNA but were not allowed to perform their tests.

No DNA found, and now eight years later after the Democrats come into office they find Guandique's DNA.

That is hilarious.

rd
jane

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I find scary is the thought of the authorities planting DNA on clothing or whatever.
rd

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well you know DNA didn't survive the elements for a year unless it was a hair or something like that. They couldn't even determine if Chandra had decomposed there or not.

I'll wait to see where they allegedly found Guandique's DNA. This has got to be good.

Wonder if our experts will be allowed to examine this evidence.

rd
peripeteia

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:27 am    Post subject: Grandique to be charged with Chandra's Murder Feb.20/09 Reply with quote

Interesting articles, and viewpoints regarding Grandique.

thinking out loud
Something's a tad fishy, something not quite right pointing to Grandique as the perpetraror. Most compelling is the matter raised of a decomposing body in May, and that no one investigated the stentch. Yet a year later a dog walking on a road near by bolts over 200 feet, off the path in rugged terrain to where Chandra's remains were located. This defies the imagination as it was a very hot day, and season that the stench went un-noticed for a whole year.

All the searches in the park with search dogs did not get any hits, and although the area was not searched specifically if defies the imagaination how the dogs did not pick up the scent of a decomposing cadaveur. This gives reason to believe Chandra's body was placed in the location found after the fact. Indeed it would be rather complicated for Grandique to accomplish this while in prison, this means he would have to have accomplices.

Secondly what took Chandra to the park, near this location?
As mentioned, indications point to Chandra waiting in Washington to hear from or see Gary Condit? As mentioned and investigated by many sources, Gary Condit does not have an alibi while Chandra disappeared. He has not taken a lie detector test through Washington Police department. He pleaded the 5th before the grand jury investigating Chandra's disappearance and accusations of suborning perjury by Anne Marie Smith.

Jogging mentioned, seems a lame excuse for Chandra to be in the park. Her heavy T shirt and tennis sneakers says she was not there to jog or likely to play tennis in the heat of 80 deg. If Chandra was meeting someone in the park, this seems plausible she went to the Park, as her computer indicated a search of Rock Creek Park. It is unlikely that Grandique and Chandra were meeting in the park, and if they crossed paths, it was not likely on a trail off a horse trail, unless Chandra was directed there exactly, which seems very odd and unlikely something she would do except to meet up with Gary Condit?

Switching gears for a second;

DNA evidence: we heard that Grandique had abrasions/scratch marks on face and swollen lip? The girl friend stated she did not see these abrasions, suspect veracity of her statement? The land-lady was exacting in her description of his injuries. If his injuries were the result of attaching Chandra the most likely evidence of his blood would be extracted from Chandra's clothing, the tied leggings, could survive elements if protected by the folds of the leggings. Possible. IF DNA evidence is on Chandra's clothing, this will accuse or vindicate Grandique.

rd: agree that it is a wait and see game, and as Jane pointed out and reaffirmed, will Susan and Bob Levy believe the evidence?
peripeteia

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:38 am    Post subject: planting evidence Reply with quote

jane wrote:
What I find scary is the thought of the authorities planting DNA on clothing or whatever.

There are any number of reasons for someone wanting this investigation to go away, it is a scary thought that someone might have planted evidence. Guess we will have to wait to see what the new evidence is all about, iffy surfacing this long after the fact considering Chandra's remains were exposed to the elements for a year, and ravished by animals.

rd: you stated the most likely evidence is a hair, perhaps, although cannot see how the folicle would survive the elements. If the folicle is not present only a hair analysis can be done which is great evidence but it does not match the value of DNA evidence. But perhaps there are new techniques for matching hair without the follicle attached? Will look up how long a hair folicle can last, and under what conditions.
rd

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kate, what I'm saying is that only a hair could possibly survive the elements for a year, and you're saying even that is iffy.

The landlady is lying to the police and grand jury. She and the employer are vulnerable because they rented to and hired illegals. She will say whatever she thinks the police want to hear.

The girlfriend never saw these injuries, injuries that the landlady remember at the time Guandique was arrested for breaking into a neighboring apartment and stealing a ring.

That was six days after Chandra disappeared. If his injuries were so memorable the landlady remembered them two years later for the grand jury, then they will be on Guandique's May 7 mugshot.

I have repeatedly called for that mugshot to be shown through the years, and we see a mugshot picture above in this thread but no indication if the May 7th one.

My contention is that the May 7th one will look just like this one, and the landlady is lying. Give her a lie detector test and see if she refuses it like Condit.

Guandique would have gone from tying up Chandra with her own leggings and murdering her to six days later fleeing when the woman entered the apartment and screamed.

He would have gone from not pawning Chandra's ring to six days later breaking into a woman's apartment to steal a ring.

Some people say he wouldn't need to pawn it, he would give the ring to someone like money. I suppose anything is possible when buying drugs, but no one pawned the ring. Well, say some people, someone is keeping it, or whatever.

But this same Guandique who says he chased after the joggers because he wanted their Walkmen didn't take Chandra's Walkman.

This same Guandique who didn't know Chandra and had no idea where she lived didn't take her Walkman but took her apartment keys.

That wasn't Guandique, and Chandra didn't hike out to the top of that hill in a deep forest. But you have people who really want that to be what happened to Chandra, so whatever is fine by them.

Not a one of them will dare attempt to re-enact what they claim for anybody, though, I guarantee it.

rd
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 2 of 22

Jump to: