www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Manhattan schoolteacher Hannah Upp, 23, missing
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rd

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:38 pm    Post subject: Manhattan schoolteacher Hannah Upp, 23, missing Reply with quote

Whenever a woman disappears without her keys, phone, ATM card, and MetroCard, it males it difficult to believe she ran away.

I think the trivial possibilities have been ruled out. Her Teachers Union is offering a reward for information in helping to find Hannah. No details or background in this Fox News story. We'll have to see what the NYC local news is reporting.

rd

click to read the online true crime mystery novel Murder on a Horse Trail: The Disappearance of Chandra Levy

www.justiceforchandra.com home page

from www.foxnews.com (fair use)

$10G Reward Offered for Help Finding Missing New York City Teacher
Associated Press
September 06, 2008

NEW YORK — Authorities and a teachers' union are offering rewards for help finding a 23-year-old upper Manhattan school teacher who disappeared just days before classes began.

The United Federation of Teachers announced a $10,000 reward Friday, adding to a $2,000 reward offered by the New York Police Department's Crime Stoppers unit.

(snip)

Police say Upp was last seen about 2:30 p.m. Aug. 29 as she left her apartment in the Hamilton Heights neighborhood.

Upp's roommates later found her keys, phone, ATM card, MetroCard, wallet and passport in her room.

click to read rest
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,418042,00.html
rd

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are some details from the NY Daily News.

As always we hope for the best but when it comes to missing women it rarely is.

rd

from www.nydailynews.com (fair use)

Teacher, 23, disappears into thin air
BY WIL CRUZ, ALISON GENDAR and ETHAN ROUEN
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITERS
September 4th, 2008

A 23-year-old schoolteacher disappeared from her Manhattan apartment days before classes started - and family and friends have launched a frantic search to find her.

Hannah Upp was last seen by a friend at about 2 p.m. last Friday as she was getting ready to leave her Hamilton Heights apartment for a school function at nearby Thurgood Marshall Academy.

She was about to start her second year there teaching Spanish as an NYC Teaching Fellow.

(snip)

The Bryn Mawr graduate last used her debit card that day to go to a movie alone in Times Square and told friends she was spending the weekend at her mother's home in Philadelphia.

When she hadn't returned Monday, her roommates began to panic. Calls to her cell phone went straight to voice mail, and calls to her friends turned up only others concerned for her whereabouts.

The roommates' worry grew when they went into Upp's room and found her keys, phone, ATM card, MetroCard, wallet and passport.

"Everything that could identify her was in her room," said her friend Amy Scott, 22.

Friends and relatives who have plastered the neighborhood with missing flyers said Upp was her normal, friendly self in the days before she disappeared.

(snip)

Anyone with information is urged to call (800) 577-TIPS.

erouen@nydailynews.com

click to read rest
http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2008/09/04/2008-09-04_teacher_23_disappears_into_thin_air.html
gozgals

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:37 am    Post subject: Facebook of Hannah Reply with quote

Facebook of Hannah

Missing Poster on site

"We're Not Giving Upp (on Hannah)"

Link:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=86887660472
rd

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen no more news on Hannah. I take it she didn't make it to the school function.

But it also seems unlikely that she had even left for the school function, without taking anything with her. Part of the details missing is whether she had a minimal set of keys to at least get back into her apartment.

This is very much like Chandra's disappearance in what was left behind.

rd
gozgals

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI RD:

I will keep my eyes out for more news on Hannah. I couldn't find an AMW file yet on her as of yesterday.

Let us hope she is still alive.

Will seach it out this week.

Goz
gozgals

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:37 am    Post subject: AMW FILE Reply with quote

http://www.amw.com/

Fair Use- AMW File

Overview

NYC Spanish Teacher Hannah Upp Goes Missing At the Start Of Classes
Police in New York City -- as well as an army of concerned family members and friends -- are searching for missing 23-year-old Spanish teacher Hannah Upp.

Hannah was last seen in her Manhattan apartment at 2 p.m. on Friday, August 29, 2008.

According to her roommates, Manny and Sam, she was planning a weekend getaway to Pennsylvania and intended to come back on Saturday. When Hannah didn't return to her apartment that Sunday afternoon, her roommates say they tried calling her cell phone, only to get her voicemail.

By Monday evening, Manny and Sam were frantic and searched her room. That's where they say they found Hannah's purse containing her cell phone, wallet, keys, and passport. Panicked, they called the police.

Through their own investigation, they learned that Hannah had last used her debit card at a movie theater near Times Square that Friday.
Friends And Family Desperate for Clues
Authorities filed a missing person's report for Hannah the next Tuesday when, for the second time, Hannah failed to show up for work at the Thurgood Marshall Academy.

When the news spread that she was missing, a network of friends and family -- including volunteers from her alma mater, Bryn Mawr College -- converged on the area to distribute flyers and search for their missing friend.

Hannah's parents also joined in the search to find their daughter. Through their own investigation, they learned that Hannah had last used her debit card at a movie theater near Times Square that Friday, but the card was later found in her purse.

Authorities are also looking for more clues on Hannah's computer to try to determine if she left on her own or if a crime was committed.

The United Federation of Teachers has announced that it is offering a $10,000 reward for information regarding Hannah's whereabouts.
gozgals

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:38 am    Post subject: Description Reply with quote

Sex Female

Race White

Age at Disappearance 23

Height 5' 0"

Weight 130

Hair (Color, Description, Facial Hair) Brown

Eyes (Color and Correction) Brown

Last Seen Manhattan, NY

Other Possible Locations Manhattan, NY
rd

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,419249,00.html

Hannah was said to be sighted at a Manhattan Apple store checking her email. Maybe they have a Mac in the store on the internet and you can log in to Yahoo or whatever?

She appears to have mental problems from what I can see. It's only the women who disappear with silent ex's where I know the woman has disappeared.

The few others without a silent ex are either murdered and found soon after, or have some psychological problems.

Of course the question asked is, why aren't all the women with silent ex's just women who ran away as all the silent ex's claim?

You'll notice that women who really ran away never have a silent ex claiming they did.

That's the difference.

rd
gozgals

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:07 pm    Post subject: Hannah is alive Reply with quote

Thank God Hannah is alive. Seems we were a tad bit off base on this one and thank the Lord we were. One for the good guys.

(fair use)
Missing New York City Teacher Rescued From Harbor by Ferry Captain
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Associated Press

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,423522,00.html

SNIP
NEW YORK — Police say a 23-year-old teacher who disappeared from her Manhattan apartment jumped into New York Harbor and was rescued by a Staten Island ferry captain.

Hannah Upp is in stable condition.

She was last seen Aug. 29. She vanished days before classes started at Thurgood Marshall Academy, and her family and friends launched a massive search. Her credit cars and personal belongings were left her in apartment.

Police say she was apparently spotted at least twice after disappearing in various locations around the city.
SNIP
rd

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hannah Upp is in stable condition.

Only physically.

We won't be hearing much about Hannah anymore. She'll be in a padded room for awhile, on suicide watch. What a shame.

She was unconscious, almost drowned when they found her. Had Hannah succeeded in drowning herself, she would seem to have set missing women back, all the silent ex's saying look, women run away and kill themselves.

But it also would have demonstrated something equally as important about missing women. People who kill themselves are found.

Missing women with silent ex's aren't.

rd
benn

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well. I am going to start my poetry writing right here. I thought about starting a separate topic, but putting it right here is where our messages about Hannah Upp are. Hannah is missing, Hannah is missing, Hannah is missing today. Hannah is gone, Hannah is gone, Hannah is gone today. Oh Hannah please come back and play, Oh Hannah please come back and play. We need you today Hannah, we need you today. Hannah is gone, and do we care? Hannah is gone, and we all care. Hannah is gone and we all care. Oh Hannah please come back to school.

I often sing short prayers to myself, and I can put one right here. You have to create your own music to sing it, I do not know anything about writing music.

Praise the Lord, may we find Hannah, Praise the Lord, may we find Hannah, Praise the Lord that we find Hannah, Praise to you Lord all day.

We might be able to give the topic of missing persons a boost. There are millions of Christians, and other religious people, and there are millions of poets also. Oh God, may we find Hannah today. benn
gozgals

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rd, thanks for the update on Hannah, how very sad is all I can add at
the present time. I agree with most of your post. Poor woman.

Goz

My thoughts go out to her and I'm thankful she is alive...
benn

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

**Hooray that Hannah is still alive!! I got off to a horrible start here with my poetry writing, but I will take it this way any time if the women that I begin writing about are found and rescued. I am so used to seeing the people missing never returning alive again that I somehow missed this one. It really wouldn't be so bad if all of the missing women jumped into the water from a boat and were rescued. At least they would be safe. But that would never happen. I will start out a little more slowly on my next poetic attempt. I do think that maybe we might get a few christians, or other religious, on this board and some poets also. goz, if you once wrote poetry you could easily return. We are not trying to be poet laureates here, and I really goofed on my first attempt. For some reason I can not edit any of my posts. benn
gozgals

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:50 am    Post subject: Edit Reply with quote

Benn, hit preview - pull up your post and edit it. That should work.

I hope so.

And you got off to a great start with your poems and a great idea.

Always

Goz

Let us know if you need more help.
benn

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

goz, I needed help when I was born. I started crying. I guess if I had not cried I would have needed more help. Something has told me to try to put a little more humor into my messages. I am going to try. benn
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: