www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Casey Anthony arrested - **(child missing)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gozgals

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jane I was going to post about NG but thought it was a bit late when I found out. Glad you got to see it.

The mom is a real peice of work. It is very sad and now I am sure she did harm to her child.

The cases you quote are right on target. Very familiar with Diane Downs and her attempt to rid herself of her children for a man. (Lou).

It makes me mad she would act this way toward her own child and not even care. I hope they keep her in prison till they find Caylee.

Just plain sick.....

Goz
gozgals

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:27 am    Post subject: More News Reply with quote

(fair use)
Missing Florida Girl's Grandmother Asks Police to Arrest Daughter for 'Grand Theft' in 911 Call
Friday, July 25, 2008
Fox News/Associated Press

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,391001,00.html

The grandmother of a missing 2-year-old Florida girl told a 911 dispatcher that she wanted to press charges against her daughter for "grand theft" after she learned of the tot's disappearance, according to a new recording released Friday.

A frantic Cindy Anthony can also be heard threatening to file a court order against her daughter, Casey Marie Anthony, to get Casey's little girl Caylee Marie Anthony away from her.

The new tape released Friday was of the very first call Cindy Anthony made to 911, which was handled by Orlando police. They then rerouted her to the Orange County Sheriff's Department, which is investigating the case. In all, Cindy Anthony had three conversations with 911 dispatchers July 15.

"I have a 22-year-old person that has, um, grand theft sitting in my auto with me," she said in the first. "My car was stolen. We've retrieved it; today we found out where it was at. We've retrieved it, I've got that. And I've got affidavits from my banking account. I want to bring her in. I want to press charges."

After the emergency responder told her she will be transferred to Orange County sheriffs, Cindy Anthony can be heard warning her daughter Casey in the background.

Comment: Grandma seems to have changed her tune since this. Boy, what a cute little gal Caylee is too.

Goz
gozgals

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:25 am    Post subject: From Missing and Abducted Forum Reply with quote

here is the link that provides some interesting information from the
Missing and Abducted Forum for those of us following this tragic case:

Caylee Anthony - 24 hour news cycle takes it's toll
What. A. Day.

http://www.missingabducted.com/
gozgals

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:55 am    Post subject: update Reply with quote

I think this grandmother is another enabler like we have seen in other cases. All these parents do is protect their adult children instead of trying to get them to tell the truth. I don't understand why she doesn't work with her daughter to help her to speak with the authorities. Of course they don't trust the local authorities, they lied so many times to them.

(fair use)
Missing Florida Girl's Grandmother Defends Daughter
Sunday, July 27, 2008
Associated Press

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,391741,00.html

ORLANDO — The grandmother of missing Florida toddler Caylee Marie Anthony says the implication that her daughter, the child's mother, did something wrong is just not true.

Cindy Anthony told reporters Saturday that her daughter Casey is innocent and would be willing to talk to the FBI, since she doesn't trust local authorities.

Click here for photos.

And Cindy Anthony says her daughter would be willing to work with authorities in drawing a composite sketch of a babysitter who Casey Anthony claims she'd left the child with when she went missing. The disappearance was not reported for more than a month.
jane

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Goz - I have never seen where the grandmother claimed to have smelled a body. Do you remember where you read or heard that?
gozgals

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:36 am    Post subject: edit for now Reply with quote

I wrote it correctly in one article. The detective smelled a body. But, I did read another article about this so I will edit our forum to match our links and change it back if I find it again.

Thank you Jane- I do want to correct that
Have a good day
Goz
gozgals

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:46 am    Post subject: Grandma Flip Flops Reply with quote

(fair use)
People
Missing tot’s grandmother flip-flops about car odor
She told 911 it smelled like a dead body, but later said it could be old pizza
By Mike Celizic
TODAYShow.com contributor
updated 9:45 a.m. CT, Fri., July. 25, 2008

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25845963/

SNIP

By Mike Celizic
The grandmother of a missing Orlando toddler told police that her daughter’s car “smelled like there’s been a dead body in the damn car” when she made a 911 call to report the child missing — but Cindy Anthony later told investigators that the smell may have been caused by a piece of pizza left in the trunk of the car.

SNIP
jane

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OOoo. That does sound bad. I just don't get this, Goz. The only way I can try to understand it is to realize how denial becomes such a way of life in many dysfunctional families - the elephant in the living room that everyone ignores (put a doily on it and use it for a coffee table etc.)
laskipper

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:57 am    Post subject: Re: Grandma Flip Flops Reply with quote

gozgals wrote:
(fair use)

By Mike Celizic
The grandmother of a missing Orlando toddler told police that her daughter’s car “smelled like there’s been a dead body in the damn car” when she made a 911 call to report the child missing — but Cindy Anthony later told investigators that the smell may have been caused by a piece of pizza left in the trunk of the car.

SNIP

Reminds me of the McCanns- they stated that the death smell that the dogs discovered in their rental car was due to dirty diapers (nappies) in the back of the vehicle.

Yeap- that's it. Dirty Diapers.

The dogs also spotted K McCanns clothes and lots more. Silly dogs.

ls
jane

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Skipper and - no one is going to argue that dirty diapers smell pleasant, but it is a totally different smell than a rotting body (I've smelled decomposing animals, which is probably similar to a human). Sheesh - these lame excuses people come up with!

You know, though, I am surprised that there'd be a noticeable odour in a vehicle where a recently-deceased person was for only a very short time.
laskipper

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree, Jane.

Just read that Eddie (one of the dog's at McCann crime scene) has a record of 200 finds- 200 cases. What a dog! Found a child's body in concrete!

Don't know how they adjusted for the McCann event.

ls
gozgals

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:12 am    Post subject: a body or pizza Reply with quote

The cases both have the Ramsey tune to them....

I think we will see Caylee's body show up though.

Is it a body or pizza?

I think it was a body. Grandma certainly is telling stories now too.

Goz
gozgals

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:20 am    Post subject: More on the smell Reply with quote

More on the dead body smell from the People article

Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:46 am Post subject: Grandma Flip Flops

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(fair use)
People
Missing tot’s grandmother flip-flops about car odor
She told 911 it smelled like a dead body, but later said it could be old pizza
By Mike Celizic

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25845963/

Quote:
She also told the dispatcher, “There's something wrong. I found my daughter's car today and it smelled like there's been a dead body in the damn car.”

Vieira twice asked Cindy Anthony about the discrepancy between her statement about the smell in the car on the 911 call and her later story that it might have been rotten pizza. She has also told local reporters that the smell might have been a dead squirrel, according to published reports.

Cindy Anthony did not directly answer Vieira’s question. Instead, she said, “I know what I said. A lot of the stuff that is going on … they have all of my statements.”

Investigators are testing hair and stains found in the trunk of the car. They believe the smell in the car was caused by human remains based on the reaction of a cadaver-sniffing dog.

The Anthonys maintain that Caylee was abducted by a baby sitter, but the address Casey Anthony gave police as the sitter’s home turned out to be an apartment that hadn’t been occupied for several months. Cindy Anthony has maintained that Caylee, who is nearly 3, was sighted at the Orlando airport and more recently in Georgia.

It seems to have gotten worse and as Jane stated, she compares the smell to a dead animal.
gozgals

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:40 pm    Post subject: update - today's Reply with quote

Not much new information but the mother will protect her daughter to no end. I guess it is denial, which is a shame. We would get to the root of this child that went missing if these parents would stop protecting their adult children....

I would like to see this video to see if there are any clues.

Any comments Skipper or Jane?

Prayers for Caylee.

(fair use)

Video May Be Released of Missing Florida Girl's Grandmother Jailhouse Meeting With Daughter
Monday, July 28, 2008
Fox News

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,392341,00.html

SNIP
Florida investigators may release a videotape of a jailhouse meeting between the grandmother of missing toddler Caylee Marie Anthony and her daughter.

Orange County, Fla., detectives are considering making public a video of the visit between Cindy Anthony and her incarcerated daughter, Casey, taken on Friday, MyFOXOrlando.com reports. A prayer vigil was held for the child Sunday night.

Click here for photos.

"We expect that the information might be available but it’s still under discussion," Capt. Angelo Nieves of the Orange County sheriff's office told FOX News, noting that the video is public record.

Nieves said the police are looking over the tapes to see whether they hold any clues to where the missing toddler may be.

"We have a family that is extremely distraught here, and parents and a brother that are also trying to get to the bottom of the missing child," Nieves told FOX News. "Where is Caylee Anthony? That’s what they’re trying to discover as well as us."

SNIP

SNIP
Cindy Anthony and her son, Lee, visited Casey on Monday after saying over the weekend that their loved one is innocent.

"My daughter, her No. 1 priority has always been Caylee’s safety and that’s why I know when … Casey states that someone has taken Caylee that that is the truth," Cindy Anthony told FOX News on Monday. "Casey would do anything to protect her child."

Cindy Anthony, who plans to see her daughter in jail again on Tuesday, said Casey would be willing to talk to the FBI, since she doesn't trust local authorities.
SNIP
gozgals

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:53 pm    Post subject: AMW File Reply with quote

http://www.amw.com/missing_children/case.cfm?id=57624

Just like with the McCann's- this really gets to me, the Dog smelling the human decomposition too...

Quote:
Officer Jason Forgey also testified at the hearing that when his K-9 partner searched the car, the dog "alerted police to the odor of human decomposition."

THE CASE - From AMW File

(fair use)

Caylee Marie Anthony

Search Underway For Missing Orlando Girl

Caylee Anthony was last seen in Florida on June 15, 2008

View Larger Police say 2-year-old Caylee Marie Anthony was last seen on June 15, 2008 in Orlando, Fla., but she wasn't reported missing until a month later. Now, police are trying to find out where little Caylee is.

Police say they questioned Caylee's mother, Casey Anthony, about her daughter's disappearance. She told police the last time she saw her daughter was on June 15, 2008 when she drooped her off with her nanny, "Zenaida Fernandez-Gonzalez."

Ever since then, police have been trying to locate the nanny, but have had no luck in tracking the woman down, or even verifying her mere existence.

On July 16, 2008 -- a day after police questioned Casey -- they arrested her. Police charged her with Child Neglect and Obstructing an Investigation.

Police say they were able to confirm that Casey had been telling them a string of lies about her daughter's whereabouts.

Casey's mother, Cindy, and her lawyer, local attorney Jose Baez, have said that Casey does not know where her daughter is. Casey's mother believes that her daughter can help police find her daughter -- but only if they let her out of jail.

Casey's mother, Cindy, claims that her daughter knows where Caylee is, but that she is too "afraid" to speak honestly with the police.
Frustration Builds In Search For Caylee Anthony
Casey's bond hearing was held on July 22 to decide if Casey was to be released on bail.

During the hearing, the lead investigator on the case, Det. Yuri Mellich with the Orange County Sheriff's Office, called Casey a "person of interest" in the matter.

He told the judge that hair samples were found in the trunk of the Anthony family's car were similar to the color and length of Caylee's. The samples have been sent to a lab for DNA testing.

Officer Jason Forgey also testified at the hearing that when his K-9 partner searched the car, the dog "alerted police to the odor of human decomposition."

Casey's mother, father, and brother all took the stand at the bond hearing, and told the judge that if Casey was released, she could help police find little Caylee.

Casey's mother, Cindy, claims that her daughter knows where Caylee is, but that she is too "afraid" to speak honestly with the police.

At the hearing, Judge Stan Strickland stated that Casey "hasn't been any help in this investigation one bit."

"She is using her silence as leverage to get out of jail," said Judge Strickland.

The judge set Casey's bond at $500,000.

He also made it clear that if she does make bail, she must where a GPS ankle bracelet at all times.

Police Need Help Finding Caylee
Police are hoping that Caylee is still alive; they say she is most likely traveling with an adult, and could be anywhere in the world.

Detectives are actively working the leads that are coming into their office. They would like to locate the nanny, Zenaida Fernandez-Gonzalez, and police are asking anyone who knows her to come forward.

If you know anything about Caylee Anthony's disappearance, call our hotline right now at 1-800-CRIME-TV.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: