www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trial-Husband killed with Antifreeze- testimony from grave

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gozgals

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:52 am    Post subject: Trial-Husband killed with Antifreeze- testimony from grave Reply with quote

I can't believe Mark Jensen actually thought anyone would believe his wife killed herself and tried to frame him. What a sad way to die esp. since she thought he was going to kill her and it finally happened. (just like some of the other women on our board) Another woman that wasn't wanted by her husband. Can't believe his GF went ahead and married this joker!!!

Victim to Be Heard at Husband's Trial
By CARRIE ANTLFINGER,AP
Posted: 2008-01-02 12:30:27

<snip>
MILWAUKEE (Jan. 2) - Julie Jensen will essentially testify from the grave when her husband's murder trial begins this week.

Shortly before her death in 1998, Jensen told police, a neighbor and her son's teacher that she suspected her spouse was trying to kill her, court documents show. She gave a letter to the neighbor that said that if she died, Mark Jensen should be the first suspect.

"I pray I'm wrong + nothing happens ... but I am suspicious of Mark's suspicious behaviors + fear for my demise," she wrote.

Until recent years, using such evidence in court was virtually unheard of because of constitutional guarantees that give criminal defendants the right to confront their accusers.

But the Wisconsin Supreme Court created new rules, prompted by a U.S. Supreme Court decision that laid the groundwork for her accusatory letter and statements to police to be used as evidence in the trial.

At a hearing this summer, it was determined the letter and statements to police should be allowed at trial. Jury selection begins Thursday; opening statements were scheduled for Monday.

The hearing gave a glimpse of what both sides would argue.

The prosecution alleges that Mark Jensen, now 48, poisoned his wife with at least two doses of ethylene glycol, commonly used as antifreeze, so he could be with his girlfriend, now his wife. They argue he got the information on poisoning from doing Web searches.

The defense counters that a depressed and disturbed 40-year-old Julie Jensen did the Internet searches and poisoned herself - to frame her cheating husband.

Special Prosecutor Robert Jambois wouldn't comment on his case. Defense lawyers didn't return a call for comment.

Julie Jensen was found dead in her Pleasant Prairie home in Dec. 3, 1998. Mark Jensen was not charged until 2002, and legal wrangling over evidence delayed the trial.

In March 2004, the U.S. Supreme Court overturned a 1980 case that laid out complex rules about when statements can be used without the opportunity for cross-examination. The court said the case complicated a part of the Constitution that guarantees a criminal defendant the right to confront his accusers.
<snip>

Quote:
One of Julie Jensen's four brothers, Paul Griffin, said he expects closure from the trial. "I am very strongly confident that the right outcome will happen," he said.

I hope so for the families sake that justice will be served..

Source: Aol Homepage
Sherry

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We just had a woman found guilty of killing both a Cobb County Police Officer and an Atlanta Fireman with antifreeze, she killed both of them to get their money and benefits.....

Sick people out there. And the deaths are horrendous as well.

I'm glad they found out what it was that killed her, and I hope he is served this stuff one little teaspoon at a time.....
gozgals

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:24 am    Post subject: Killers and Anti-Freeze Reply with quote

I'm familiar with the woman killer, what a nut case. I'm glad she was finally brought to justice. Story below.

http://crime.about.com/b/2007/03/24/woman-guilty-of-anti-freeze-murder-again.htm

Charles Montaldo's Crime / Punishment Blog
From Charles Montaldo,
Your Guide to Crime / Punishment.

Woman Guilty of Second Anti-Freeze Murder

A former 9-1-1 operator, who is already serving a life sentence for the murder of her policeman husband, has been convicted of poisoning the firefighter she moved in with four days after her husband's death. Julia Lynn Turner could face the death penalty in the death of Randy Thompson, the father of her two children.
The jury will return to court Monday to determine whether or not the 38-year-old killer will get the death penalty.

On March 3, 1995, Cobb County Police Officer Glenn Turner was found dead in his home by his wife, Lynn Turner. The coroner ruled that he died as a result of cardiac dysrythmia. Four days after his death, Turner moved in with her boyfriend, Forsyth County firefighter, Randy Thompson.

On January 22, 2001, Randy Thompson was found dead in his apartment. When an autopsy was performed, calcium oxylate crystals were found in his kidneys, which indicated anti-freeze poisoning. The coroner requested a toxicology test which originally came back negative.

After the medical examiner discovered that Turner's husband had died and that calcium oxylate crystals were also found in his kidneys, he asked for the toxicology test to be repeated. It was then that ethylene glycol was found in Thompson's system.

Following that discovery, Glenn Turner's body was exhumed in Cobb County and ethylene glycol was also found in his system.

On May 24, 2004, Lynn Turner was found guilty of the murder of Glenn Turner and given a life sentence.

"You know when you've got one conviction already it's really tough to convince a jury she had nothing to do with the second (death)," Defense attorney Jimmy Berry told reporters.

Comments: I love the last line that Jim Berry says how it was hard to convince a jury she was not guilty. Of course she was. Who has two men die from the same method and not be guilty esp. when anti-freeze was used. Cut me a break!!!
gozgals

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:42 am    Post subject: update on trial Reply with quote

<snip>
'Letter from grave' jury still outStory Highlights
NEW: Jury deliberates for a second day

ELKHORN, Wisconsin (AP) -- Jurors deliberated Wednesday for a second day in the trial of a man accused of killing his wife, who left a note saying he should be a suspect if anything happened to her.

Mark Jensen did not take the stand. He is accused in poisoning death of his wife.

1 of 2 Mark Jensen, 48, is charged with first-degree murder.

He faces a maximum penalty of life in prison without parole if convicted of killing Julie Jensen.

Jurors deliberated more than 14 hours Tuesday before deciding to return Wednesday. Watch an update »

The jurors requested and got several exhibits Tuesday, including the note in which Julie Jensen wrote: "I pray that I am wrong and nothing happens, but I am suspicious of Mark's suspicious behaviors and fear for my early demise."

She told the neighbor to give the letter to police if she died.

In closing arguments Monday, attorneys for each side said there wasn't enough evidence supporting the other's theory about the way the 40-year-old woman died in her Pleasant Prairie home in 1998.

Prosecutor Robert Jambois said Mark Jensen plotted to kill his wife, searching the Internet for information on ethylene glycol -- commonly used as antifreeze -- and then giving her sleeping pills and making her drink juice he had spiked with the toxic chemical.
<snip>

Click link for rest of story
http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/02/20/jensen.trial.ap.ap/index.html
annalyzer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great trial and great verdict. Guilty!

I watched the jury interview afterwards and they said that they laid Julie's letter and Mark's post it note side by side and that was an aha moment. The letter didn't make sense to many but next to Mark's note of poisons and ways to kill Julie it was like poor Julie was looking at this note and writing this letter, saying I don't smoke (nicotine in note) I rarely drink (something else in note) etc.

Did anyone else get to see this?
annalyzer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/crime/2008/02/21/bts.jensen.jurors.evidence.wtmj

Jury interview after verdict.
gozgals

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the updates and great news.

I'm really sorry I missed it too.

Finally, justice is served. We love GUILTY VERDICTS!!!

Nice to meet you too annalyzer and welcome to the board. Your input is appreciated.

Have a great evening
Goz
gozgals

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw Jensen on the news tonight. I'm so happy he was found guilty. His eyes freak me out. The family spoke a bit- (It was on local news). It seems they waited so long for justice and they are thankful they can move on with their lives. My thoughts and well wishes go out to them and her friends.

Too bad there is not a DP in WI considering what he did to his wife. He planned to murder his wife and she knew it, which is such a shame.

After he poisoned her and it didn't kill her, he finished her off by putting a pillow over her face. What a nice guy this Jensen is!!

For this animal, life without parole is all that would be acceptable.

Goz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: