www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cold Case Research Institute to take up Chandra's case
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rd

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanted to excerpt from Jennifer Gosdin's Bauder College student log on my trip there before it drops off of CNN. Jennifer describes our talk very well:

Student log: Jennifer Gosdin
http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/06/11/ccc.log.gosdin/index.html

Log 4: Where is Chandra's jewelry?
June-July 2008

We had a couple of guest speakers come and provide excellent training and insight to both cases.

These were people that I know I would have never had the opportunity to meet otherwise. Dr. Andrew Hodges spoke on Natalee Holloway and Ralph Daugherty on Chandra Levy. Both have written books about and have a vast knowledge on each case. They explained how they gathered their information and how they got started on the books and why.

(click link to read on Dr. Hodges' talk)

Author Ralph Daugherty stopped by our monthly meeting on his way up north. He wrote the book "Murder on a Horse Trail" about the disappearance and slaying of Chandra Levy. We can read it online. Daugherty has made it available free to download. (see Murder on a Horse Trail: The Disappearance of Chandra Levy)

He described the park where Chandra Levy was found. The area just sounds so hard to get to; the hills are so steep and hard to get up. He said that the hills were at such an incline that you can't even sit on the sides without sliding down. He also discussed many different suspects that we asked him about and he briefly went into how maybe they could (or could not) pull it off.

I guess my biggest question still is, where is her jewelry, who has it and is someone else wearing it? I think finding out who has the jewelry may answer some very important questions.

end quote

As I promised earlier in this thread, I want to address the pros and cons of each person who could be considered a suspect, including potential anonymous attackers. To build up some background, I'll address the lesser known people involved in Chandra's case first, a post at a time.

rd
fallout

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello RD,

I should have posed this question here. Did you have a chance to look at the student's 'suspectology'. I saw it mentioned in one of their journal entries.

By the way, we were down in Orlando back in August when the big tropical storm hit. Got soaked many times but enjoyed Disney.

Cheers,
James
rd

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi James, no I haven't. It was not made available to the consulting experts on the case(s). Their agenda was to provide their findings to the investigators in each case.

Nor do I have any idea what their findings were. It was like talking to a jury. They listen, they pay close attention, they judge the facts, but they take it from there, and you know you gave them a broader view of the case and that it made a difference, but you don't know what the difference was.

I also don't know exactly how much of those findings were provided to the families. But I do hope they follow up with investigators on it.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Local Atlanta news is reporting on Bauder College's Cold Case Investigative Research Institute focus on Chandra Levy last year, and whether their findings had any influence on the announced intent to arrest Guandique for Chandra's murder.

As I discuss in this thread, I talked to the group last summer on the facts of the case. I presented it as I did in Murder on a Horse Trail, drawing no conclusions, nor in this situation going beyond facts with pointed questions as I do in the book. I only had time to at least make sure the facts were known.

I did make the case to them, however, that details of the murder scene were of someone who knew Chandra, the hidden body, the unpawned jewelry, and that Chandra being tied up in a sophisticated fashion and murdered wasn't the MO of a Guandique being chased out of an apartment with a stolen ring six days later by a women entering and screaming.

I told them murderers don't go from a sophisticated brutal assault and murder to being chased away six days later, or fought off two and six weeks later with no indication of similarly attempting to tie up his victims.

There wasn't universal acceptance of what I was saying, they were very interested in Guandique, the details of the crime scenes, the proximity of the crime scenes, etc., and I didn't have time to convey to them fully the absurdity of Chandra being there to start with, but they got a balanced perspective from me as a counter to widely disseminated information in the news in their look at Guandique.

And that's all we can aske for, is a balanced look at the facts.

I talked with Sheryl McCollum recently, and am glad their work, with input from several experts such as myself, has gained sone recognition. But as quoted in this story, I do not know what their finding were, as should be in the manner of a police investigation they were training the students to conduct.

from the article:
McCollum won't say if her team's findings pointed to Guandique as the murder suspect. She said any conclusions is only shared with the victim's family and law enforcement.

Bauder Team Turns Over Levy Evidence
Deidra Dukes
MyFoxAtlanta.com
February 23, 2009

http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/dpp/news/Bauder_Team_Turns_Over_Evidence_022309

and also this from CNN:

"The victims are real people, the cases are real cases, and the research is real investigative work."

Students narrow suspects in Levy case to one
By Ann O'Neill
CNN
February 27, 2009

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/02/27/levy.campus.crime.club/
rd

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bump to Latest News.
Rainbow

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:11 pm    Post subject: Bauder Revisited Reply with quote

I reread the Bauder College entries above. These provide clarification as to what was going on in the students' and teachers' minds at the time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: