www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Meredith Emerson, 24, Buford GA - Missing Hiker
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jane

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone. I am wondering about the advisability of hiking alone - so many things could happen, the least likely of which would seem to be what actually happened in this case, meeting a brutal murderer.
maresy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of Meredith's friendswas on Nancy Grace last night. He said the worst part is knowing that she was alive for three full days while everyone was looking for her. I can't bear to think of what she endured.

There's still hope for the death penalty if they can tie him to the other crimes.
gozgals

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jane says

Quote:
Hi everyone. I am wondering about the advisability of hiking alone - so many things could happen, the least likely of which would seem to be what actually happened in this case, meeting a brutal murderer.

Jane, I agree with you. I do not think it is safe anymore to be hiking alone or even with your dog. The world has really changed esp. after one witnesses the outcome of this sad case. It may be only me, but I could not risk hiking by myself. Others feel brave but after reading about all the crimes here on the board and having encountered some crime myself, many of the activities I would do before alone, I now would do as a couple or in a group. It is just to dangerous.

I remember jogging alone (years ago) in college but would never even do that. I may come off as a baby but feel differently about the evil that is out there in the world.

The elder couple also came in contact with this madman and were not able to defend themselves if he indeed did murder them (not proven yet but I'm pretty sure he did). I think after a certain age, one must limit certain activities too because they cannot fight off an attacker when they are out in the middle of nowhere.

good day
Goz
gozgals

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point maresy--- We can only hope he gets the Death Penalty for his other crimes and they are proved. I hope they hang him high. Creep.

Here is the link on what you were discussing on Meredith being alive for 3 days. How awful.

http://crime.about.com/b/2008/01/08/hiker-was-alive-3-days-before-beaten-to-death.htm?nl=1

<snip>
Charles' Crime / Punishment Blog
From Charles Montaldo,
Your Guide to Crime / Punishment.

Hiker Was Alive 3 Days Before Beaten to Death

Meredith Emerson was alive for three days after she disappeared from a Georgia hiking trail New Year's Day before she died from a blow to the head and was later decapitated. The man accused of her death led authorities to her body in exchange for not facing the death penalty.

Gary Michael Hilton was charged with murder Tuesday in connection with Emerson's death. In the affidavit for his murder warrant, authorities said Emerson did not die until Jan. 4 in Dawson Forest, three days after she disappeared from Vogel State Park.
<snip>
gozgals

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:43 am    Post subject: Hilton's missing van found Reply with quote

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/15086686/detail.html

Maybe now that Gary's other van has been found, we can dig up all the evidence on this evil monster and put him away for good or he can receive the DP in another state for a crime (or crimes) he committed.

<snip>
Hilton's Missing Van Found

POSTED: 4:00 pm EST January 18, 2008
UPDATED: 9:04 pm EST January 18, 2008

ATLANTA -- Police on Friday found a second white van belonging to murder suspect Gary Hilton that had been missing.

After seeing a television report on the van, agents received a tip from a man who had seen a flat-bed tow truck remove the vehicle from the area the van was last seen in White County.

Agents contacted the tow truck owner who told them he had taken the vehicle to a scrap metal yard in Habersham County.

Agents recovered the vehicle from the scrap metal yard and transported it to the GBI's Regional Investigative Office in Cleveland, Ga. where it will be processed for evidence next week. The van had been stripped and is in very bad condition, according to officials.

A hunter last came across the white Chevy Astro van on a rarely traveled road in the Chattahoochee National Forest in White County in December.
<snip>
maresy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sure hope they do a thorough search of the forest where the van was found.
gozgals

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:26 pm    Post subject: Hilton Pleads Guilty- update Reply with quote

Charles' Crime / Punishment Blog
From Charles Montaldo,
Your Guide to Crime / Punishment.

Gary Michael Hilton Pleads Guilty

In a stunning development in the case of a murdered and decapitated Georgia hiker, Gary Michael Hilton was indicted, pleaded guilty and sentenced to life in prison all within one court day. The 61-year old drifter would be eligible for parole in 30 years.
Hilton was indicted Thursday morning by a special grand jury. He was indicted He was indicted on murder charges for the bludgeoning death of Meredith Emerson on Jan. 4, three days after he abducted her from a hiking trail in north Georgia.

Thursday afternoon, Hilton entered a plea of guilty before Judge Bonnie Oliver, who said she accepted the plea deal proposed by prosecutors because Hilton "likely would have died in prison anyway before the state had a chance to execute him."

Court paper revealed the motive behind the abduction of Emerson, a University of Georgia graduate. Hilton's plan was to kidnap her in order to get access to her bank accounts. Emerson kept giving him fake PIN numbers.

Frustrated, he finally used a tired iron to be her to death. He decapitated her to make it difficult for police to identify the body, according to the GBI.

Authorities are beginning to question Hilton about his involvement in other abductions and murders in North Carolina and Florida.

http://crime.about.com/b/2008/02/01/gary-michael-hilton-pleads-guilty.htm?nl=1

This guy is an animal and I hope his time behind bars is hard time. He killed her over bank pin numbers, how very sad. My heart goes out to the family. These cases always get to me esp. what these people do to their victims. It is just horrible and unthinkable to me. "He beat her to death!" My God...

Goz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: