www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Latasha Norman, 20, missing from Jackson State University

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rd

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:01 am    Post subject: Latasha Norman, 20, missing from Jackson State University Reply with quote

Latasha has an ex who assaulted her last month, had her car vandalized and her father encouraging her to report it to police, and now she disappears.

The Jackson police are talking to her ex and current boyfriend. I hope we are spared from the ex saying she took her bikini and passport and called him to say she was running away with someone. (see Another cop's wife disappears- Stacy Ann Peterson of Chicago)

Control freak ex's are starting to get to be more than a pain in the ass now. We have to put into place a system integrated with 911 that lets any woman who feels threatened, or feels she will be threatened when trying to break away, have a cell phone whose signals are forwarded by phone companies to monitoring centers that record their whereabouts.

And just as importantly, record where and when the signals stop.

We also should provide to any woman being threatened by a man, such as going through divorce or estrangements, especially women in close living quarters with the man, with a panic button transmitter to wear which would transmit location and also make a 911 voice call.

We have to protect women from disappearing at the hands of control freak ex's, otherwise known as silent ex's after the woman disappears.

rd

click to read the online true crime mystery novel Murder on a Horse Trail: The Disappearance of Chandra Levy

www.justiceforchandra.com home page

from www.washingtonpost.com (fair use)
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/11/21/AR2007112102116.html?hpid=sec-education

FBI Looking at Case of Missing Student
By SHELIA BYRD
The Associated Press
November 21, 2007

JACKSON, Miss. -- Those who know Latasha Norman describe her as a serious, smart student who was seen around Jackson State University with pad and pencil, covering stories for the campus newspaper.

They say it's out of her character to disappear without a word to her family and friends. She was last seen at the end of an afternoon class Nov. 13.

(snip)

In recent weeks, Norman had been the target of attacks. Someone slashed her car tires and removed the vehicle's license plate. Her father instructed her to file reports with the campus police, and she did.

Last week, an ex-boyfriend of Norman's was charged with hitting her last month. He has withdrawn as a student from Jackson State, university officials said Wednesday.

Police say they have no suspects. Among those they have questioned are her current boyfriend and the ex-boyfriend.

(snip)

The 20-year-old who grew up in the heart of the impoverished Mississippi Delta is working her way through school and has a job at a Jackson craft shop.

Bolden said she didn't receive a scholarship to college, but has a 3.5 grade point average at Jackson State.

Norman, a junior majoring in accounting, was assigned to the campus newspaper, The Blue and White Flash, as part of her work study, said Glenda Glover, dean of JSU's College of Business.

"Each time I saw her, she always had a stack of books," Glover said. "She's quiet. She didn't hang out."

Bolden said that during high school, Norman was involved in activities like band and the church choir.

But he added, "She really was a private type person, and she didn't associate with too many people. She wasn't like most young ladies that had a bunch of friend girls."

Andrell Harris, Jackson State's student body president, said he and Norman had been friends for about two years.

"We saw her on the yard a lot because (as a reporter) she was always in the public eye," Harris said. She said people could make Norman laugh "if you had a personality."

"I just hate for her family to go through a holiday season without her being there," she said.

click to read story
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/11/21/AR2007112102116.html?hpid=sec-education

@Copyright 1996-2007 The Washington Post Company
gozgals

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RD:

This has become the norm, the silent ex and the missing women as of late. I'm so tired of reading about it and wish there was a way to control this syndrome. It is a crisis situation.

Just to add to this I found out a young gal I know was being abused by a boyfriend. Maybe they think it is normal for this to happen in our culture now. I talked with the young lady and she is no longer in the relationship. Maybe they believe this is the way people act via the TV and other sources. We have to teach our young women to run quickly at any sign of control or violence or they will fall into this trap of always finding a controlling man. This is a terrible journey to start out one's life.

The ideas you have suggested are good ones and I think the shelters use to, and still do give women in these type of situations phones.

My heart goes out to this lovely woman and I hope she is found soon.

It is just so very sad.

Goz
rd

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just reported by WLBT-TV in Jackson, Mississippi, body of Latasha Norman found. The silent ex has been arrested.

May Latasha rest in peace.

rd

from www.wlbt.com (fair use)
Missing JSU Student's Body Found
WLBT 3 News
Jackson, MS
November 29, 2007

Jackson Police have discovered the body of missing Jackson State Student Latasha Norman.

Her body was found Thursday in the area of Brown Street near Tougaloo in Jackson. The coroner arrived on scene shortly after Jackson police. Forensic evidence, as well as evidence at the scene, helped confirm the body's identity.

Norman's former boyfriend, Stanley Cole, is in JPD custody, charged with her murder. He was questioned by police much of the afternoon. Cole appeared in court this morning in Pearl. He was arrested earlier this month for assaulting Latasha.

click to read story
http://www.wlbt.com/Global/story.asp?S=7428649&nav=menu119_3
© Copyright 2001 - 2007 WorldNow and WLBT

from www.kltv.com (fair use)
Police find missing JSU student's body, charge ex-boyfriend with murder
KLTV News
Tyler Texas
November 29, 2007

(snip)

The body of the Jackson State University accounting major was discovered today off a sparsely populated road next to some old tires and empty beer bottles. It's not clear how long she had been there.

(snip)

click to read story
http://www.kltv.com/Global/story.asp?S=7430122
Copyright 2007 The Associated Press
gozgals

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So sorry to hear about Latasha Rd. I'm so very sad and my thoughts go out to her family. The only thing I can add is at least the ex directed LE to the body so she can be properly buried and her family now knows what happened to Latasha.

May she rest in peace.

Let us stop this cycle all. We must save our women.

Goz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: