www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Another cop's wife disappears- Stacy Ann Peterson of Chicago
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rainbow

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:42 pm    Post subject: The Power of the Tongue Reply with quote

My sentiments, exactly, Goz.
gozgals

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:14 am    Post subject: Drew's Law and update Reply with quote

A Judge is asking prospective jurors to fill out questionnaires in Peterson's case, even though there has been no trial date set.

Source: Court TV

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/local&id=6964825

Also - read about "Drew's Law" which it is now being termed which is the hearsay law.
Rainbow

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:15 pm    Post subject: More to the Story Reply with quote

Hi Goz!
I hope that they find Stacy soon.
gozgals

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI Rainbow.

I wish they would find Stacy too but I think Drew buried the body deep. I think he really knew what he was doing this time after killing his 2nd wife.

Take care
Goz

Let us hope they give him the stiffest sentence possible and that Stacy shows up soon.
gozgals

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:12 am    Post subject: New Search for Stacy Reply with quote

Hopefully these searches will have some results. Let us pray.

Fair Use
By Michelle Gallardo
Channel 7
New Search Effort for Stacy

Snip

August 21, 2009 (BOLINGBROOK, Ill.) (WLS) -- Dozens of volunteers gathered Friday morning to launch a new search for missing mother Stacy Peterson. They searched a federally protected wetlands area in Bolingbrook.
They were acting on a tip that Stacy's husband Drew Peterson was seen in that area. They apparently received that tip some time ago but were just able to act on it now.

Snip

See VIDEO TOO

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/local&id=6976059

Click to read story
gozgals

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:06 am    Post subject: This tops them all, Drew update Reply with quote

Drew Peterson Wants to Sell His House to Fox News
He’s not gunning for a typical buyer

I can't believe this guy. He is a nutjob and I hope he does hard time when he is sentenced. What a joke..

Had to report this tidbit as it just shows us more of what this man is like and more to dislike about him.

Source: Chicago News

Note: Link not working

Snip
But he’s not gunning for a typical buyer. Drew’s lawyer, Walter Maksym, wants to sell the home to a news organization as a base camp for covering the trial.

"It would be a perfect place for someone like Geraldo Rivera. Don't you think?" Maksym told the Sun-Times.

The lawyer said selling the home to a place like Fox News could spare Illinois taxpayers from subsidizing the Peterson trial.
Snip

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local-beat/...s-69749682.html
Rainbow

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:32 pm    Post subject: Pull the Rug Out from Under their Feet? Reply with quote

Delusions of grandeur! What about his poor children? Is he trying to cover up evidence?
gozgals

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like they may get Drew after all.

Fair Use
Victim Speaks 'From the Grave' in Peterson Case
Tuesday, January 19, 2010
Associated Press at Fox News

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,583329,00.html?test=latestnews

Snip
JOLIET, Ill. — Former police officer Drew Peterson threw his wife to the floor one night, grabbed her throat and told her he "could kill her there and then," a one-time co-worker of the wife testified Tuesday at a hearing to determine what evidence can be admitted in Peterson's murder trial.

Kathleen Savio, Drew Peterson's third wife, who mysteriously drowned in a bathtub six years ago, essentially is testifying from the grave during the hearing. Witnesses are expected to tell a judge how Savio discussed and wrote about her fears that Peterson, a former Bolingbrook police sergeant, would kill her.
gozgals

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:25 am    Post subject: (Drews hearing) neighbor takes stand Reply with quote

Update

Fair Use
Peterson neighbor takes stand in hearsay hearing
Monday, February 01, 2010

Snip

Days before she was found dead in a dry bathtub, Kathleen Savio allegedly told her next door neighbors that she was afraid that her estranged husband, Drew Peterson, would kill her. Mary Pontarelli testified that after Peterson moved out of the Bolingbrook home he shared with Savio, Savio told Pontarelli, Peterson would "kill her one day and make it look like an accident." Her son Nick, who was 14 at the time, testified that Savio made a similar statement to him.

Snip

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/local&id=7250491

See video too
gozgals

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peterson lets go of his lead attorney and hires some atty. known as the "Shark" who defends the top mafia bullies to defend him in his upcoming trial in 2 months. I say sadly this is a good move for the slimebag. Joel was a wimp of an atty. and this mafia atty. can probably help Drew more than hurt him. He is still going down though.

Keeping our eyes out for Drew as the date comes closer so we can watch him burn.

Goz
gozgals

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Working on a lead, the Police searched Saturday, June 5 for Stacey once again in a rural area of Ill. No statement has been released on any evidence being found. LE states that they follow up on all leads.

Goz

Source: AP, Milwaukee Journal Sunday June 6
gozgals

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:47 am    Post subject: Drew-- update Reply with quote

Drew's appeal could take up to two years, his attys. are fighting for his release. A no go so far...(GOOD).

Fair Use
The Fox Valley Villagers Sun
Drew's lawyers push for release
July 15, 2010

By JOE HOSEY jhosey@stmedianetwork.com

More at link.

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/foxvalleysun/news/2499232,4_1_JO15_PETERSON_S1-100715.article

Snip

Drew Peterson's attorneys are taking another stab at springing the accused wife-killer from the county jail.

"There's no legitimate reason for keeping Drew in" custody, said Joel Brodsky, one of the six attorneys defending Peterson against charges he murdered his third wife, Kathleen Savio.

Brodsky said he overnighted a motion requesting Peterson's release to the Third District Appellate Court in Ottawa on Wednesday. The motion accuses State's Attorney James Glasgow of filing last minute appeals to drag the case out long enough that it ends up in front of a new judge. The judge now assigned to the case, Stephen White, is expected to retire in October.

The motion also claims Peterson is not a flight risk or a danger to the public.

Snip

Snip

Joseph "Shark" Lopez, another of the Peterson's attorneys, said the appeal process could last as long as two years. With Peterson unable to post his $20 million bond and sitting in jail for more than 14 months already, Brodsky accused Glasgow of keeping his client locked up for no other reason than to mete out punishment to a man who should be presumed innocent.

"I think they want to punish him," Brodsky said. "If we really believe in the presumption of innocence, Drew should be let go."

Glasgow's spokesman, Charles B. Pelkie, disputed Brodsky's version of why prosecutors want to keep Peterson behind bars.

"Certainly not," Pelkie said, adding, "We presented information and compelling reasons for the bond remaining the same during the pendency of this appeal."

Snip
rd

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I read of the link, goz, Peterson's lawyers are appealing what will be allowed to be presented in the trial, which pushes the trial back at least two years. And of course there may well be additional appeals.

I don't think his brother-in-law would survive if they let Peterson out. As far as I can tell, Peterson planned to make his brother-in-law look like a suicide too after he unknowingly helped move Stacy in the blue drum.

I don't understand why an appeal would take two years. I think that's a little hyperbole from the lawyer assuming that they would take every disagreement they have about evidence to the Supreme Court.

Not saying they wouldn't do it, but delaying a trial as long as you can and then saying the person being tried should be let free because the trial is delayed doesn't fly with much of anyone but a defense lawyer and their clients.

Here's hoping we find Stacy and make it a moot point.

rd
gozgals

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rd- I think we will see Drew's brother in law disappear once/ if he is out.

I doubt, sadly, we will find Stacy.

Drew's attys. will keep on appealing yet try to get him out. What a sad case he is and I hope they keep him in the big house.

Goz
gozgals

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:06 am    Post subject: Hearsay Evidence Out in Drew's Case Reply with quote

What a damn shame! I hope someday we recover Stacy's body and Drew can be charged.

Fair Use
Hearsay Evidence Out in Drew Peterson Case
By Charles Montaldo,
About.com Guide
July 27, 2011

Snip

An Illinois appeals court has weakened the state's case against a former policeman accused of killing his wife by ruling that hearsay evidence pointing to his guilt will not be heard by the jury. Drew Peterson is charged with the murder of his third wife and suspected in the disappearance of his fourth.
Peterson, a former Bolingbrook police sergeant, has been held on $20 million bond since his arrest in May 2009.

Snip

Link
http://crime.about.com/b/2011/07/27/hearsay-evidence-out-in-drew-peterson-case.htm?nl=1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 13 of 14

Jump to: