www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jennifer Kesse POI photo analysis links
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 23, 24, 25  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances
View previous topic :: View next topic  
maresy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rd,

There was an OPD office int he Publix parking lot and as I passed him I took note of his belt on the left side. Really, the only thing I can tell you is that to the very left of his gun were keys and then to the left of that was what I assume is a collapsible baton. In it's collapsed state, it looked like a microphone with a round ball on the top.

Here's a picture of a similar one. It was about 7" in its collapsed state:

http://www.officerstore.com/store/category.cfm/cid_2054_triple_k/
rd

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, that's the most common style of collapsible baton I found in searches, but our suspect's baton doesn't taper at the top like that.

I have found another common style of baton case that does look like this, but I haven't found any cases with what appears to me as some sort of pole clip or whatever one calls the thing on back of a vacuum cleaner where you snap a hose extension up against it to hold it on the back of the vacuum cleaner.

Also, as I saw in latest holster I posted, the smooth surface for example in the middle of the top square of the holster connector may be what gives the appearance of what I described as a hollow cube at the top of the holster connector in the blowup. I see that it may very well be just a smooth surface as in the picture that gives that different look in the center.

If true, the round object 3/4 of the way down on the back of the baton case may not be hollow like a clip but instead have smooth interior surfaces like that square on the top of the holster connector, which would make the round object something different if it's solid than a clip.

Flashlights possibly could have something like that as an on-off switch but all flashlights I looked at change curvature and are not a smooth cylindar like this is.

It's precisely in the common spot for a baton, that being back right side of duty belt.

Which brings up another point I have only mentioned in the blowups page, that of a taser holster being worn on the weak side, opposite the holster for a pistol being worn on the strong side, that is, the right side for a right handed officer.

I know that law enforcement in Orange County are equipped with Tasers, but I don't know for sure that they also carry a pistol, which would be a holster on each side, pistol on their strong side, taser on their weak side.

That is how it's described in searches I've done, but I haven't seen enough of Orange County law enforcement to know usual duty belt setup.

And of course, as I've pointed out all along, I am not able to determine any regular Orange County law enforcement that wear this style of bike patrol uniform.

I did see this uniform described as official regulation military bike patrol uniform, and the shoulder patch has the curvature of a traditional sheriff's badge which the DoD uses.

This may be surplus military or law enforcement worn by an imposter, and he could be carrying taser on strong side as only weapon, lots of unknowns, but if we can udentify holster and baton/flashlight object in plain view, we have a solid start to knowing.

rd
maresy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The picture of the baton I posted is similar, but the top if it was not tapered. It was more of a ball shape.
rd

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I didn't realize that that is baton expanded when I said it tapered at top. I clicked on details:

http://www.officerstore.com/store/product.cfm/pid_4389_triple_k_shift_gear_expandable_baton_w_case/

The bottom image is what we would see hanging on the duty belt I think, with that belt loop. It seems possible to see a solid cylindar at certain angles, I'm not sure. But it's way different than what I was commenting on, that being an expanded baton.

The closed baton in the carrying case that would be hanging from the duty belt is a lot closer. But in our image there is no inward curvature, and there is some kind of curved shaped object about 3/4 down. At that enlargement scale, it's not all that big but bigger than a push button.

rd
maresy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rd,

Here's a picture of an Orlando police officer that was taken this morning at a robbery in Metrowest. Are you able to blow up the picture to identify what he's carrying on his duty belt?

http://www.wftv.com/slideshow/news/14057301/detail.html
maresy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a video with OPD officers. I don't know if you're able to freeze it and enlarge it.

http://www.wftv.com/news/14058172/detail.html
maresy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now here's a slide show that has pictures of Orange County police officers as well as Fl State police.
maresy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, forgot to paste it. Here it is:

http://www.wftv.com/slideshow/news/14047877/detail.html
Sparta

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

those are some great pics/vids. I can see the taser on one of those guys. It kinda looks like a gun when it's in the holster.

http://www.local6.com/news/7858521/detail.html#

there are a lot of good videos detailing the area on that link. unfortunately the "dogs seacrh" one does not work.

However if you take a look at the "Psychics Call" video, at about 15/16 seconds, you can see the bloodhound leading the cops. Now I was able to identify the area where Bo the Blodhound turned into the complex. It's consistent with where the broken fence was (the dog would have to double back and get into the complex unlike the suspect who could just jump it). Remember it's been reported that the suspect "bypassed" the main entrance which also leads me to believe the suspect went basically right in front (from Conroy) of JK's place near the building to the lower right of the big lake. This would be the quickest way to get to her place. If one were to climb over the fence right here, you'd just have to walk straight up along the lake to JK's building. It's also been widely reported that the bloodhound picked up the scent right where he picked it up on the other side of the fence and continued on. There's been conflicting reports on where the dog stopped. Some say it was her front door and some say the stairs leading to her condo.

However maresy brings up a valid point in that it's not really a fence but an iron gate and it would be difficult to break it just by someone climbing over. But it's still a little odd and especially since (based on what I've concluded from the videos and police comments) the dog followed the scent to about the location of the broken fence and then went back to the closest entrance into the Mosaic and picked up the scent again. Also it's definitely worth noting that if one was walking along Conroy the quickest way to get to JK's place on foot would be where the broken fence was.

But then as maresy and others have pointed out, the back had no security and JK's condo building was towards the back. That would undoubtedly be a better way to get back to Mosaic or her place or whatever if that's what the suspect did. It would be quicker and less chance of being seen but for one possible exception. There was a lot of construction going on back behind her condo right? Then the construction workers would've seen this guy walking back there which would be unusual so it wouldn't have been as secluded as you'd think despite there being no fence, no cameras, no security whatsoever. Then again you have to consider the crime may have taken place very early in the morning before the construction showed up for work.
Sparta

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.wftv.com/news/6630167/detail.html

here's where they mentioned the cops were looking at security cameras from businesses in the area hoping to see if JK's car was seen being driven. In fact it said they were looking to see when exactly the car passed through John Young Parkway. Seems like they already knew it had passed through there.
rd

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maresy wrote:
rd,

Here's a picture of an Orlando police officer that was taken this morning at a robbery in Metrowest. Are you able to blow up the picture to identify what he's carrying on his duty belt?

http://www.wftv.com/slideshow/news/14057301/detail.html

hi maresy, thanks for the links to examine. In this slideshow, I think I only saw one duty belt on the officer slightly leaning over a car. I saw no holster or baton on right side and just a cuff case or something on the back.

I did see a good shot of the OPD shoulder patch again though. That patch is not the shoulder patch of our suspect. But studying any duty belts of that area is definitely helpful.

The video of the DUI arrest had much more, although I couldn't make out much. I am not seeing the taser on all these officers that Orange County deputies are equipped with. I haven't see much about Orlando police being equipped with them if they are.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maresy wrote:
Sorry, forgot to paste it. Here it is:

http://www.wftv.com/slideshow/news/14047877/detail.html

wow, that's a helpful set of pictures. I looked them over carefully.

Note that all of the duty belt equipment in these pictures are clip on at the duty belt level. Both the holster and baton are higher than the duty belt when they are clip on equipment.

The suspect's holster and baton are drop down from the duty belt, I believe. For example, that ring in the baton case image I talked about above would hang from the duty belt by the ring, and the baton doesn't rise above the duty belt, it hangs from it.

Clip on holsters are too high to have leg straps, and this suspect's holster has leg straps, it appears to me. The holster images I have posted are in the thigh holster category.

I will say the holster appears very high on the suspect from a distance, and I am trying to figure out if the sideways V strap is on the duty belt while possibly the strap below it that goes all the way around is a leg strap. I'm not sure yet, I was hoping to find a model closer than the Don Hume thigh holster I posted.

thanks!
rd
maresy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sparta,

This part of the article is what really makes me think they have video:

"Detectives think Jennifer herself, or someone else, was traveling on South John Young Parkway, between Texas and Americana and Conroy Road by the Mall of Millenia, during that time frame."

What would lead detectives to think that? Also, I had heard that the reason the Kesse's stood near the CVS on the corner of John Young every morning was because that's where her car was seen travelling. Which would make sense. Otherwise, you would think that they would stand on the corner of Americana and Texas where the car was found or closer to Mosaic where she lived.

I, myself, heard from Joyce at one of the searches that the poi drove her car around the morning that Jenn disappeared. She didn't state why she knew this.

There were conficting reports on the dog. I remember an interview with Drew where he stated that the dog was a non-issue because they weren't convinced he was tracking correctly.

"VAN SUSTEREN: That one we can remember. Drew, when we were down there, we saw where your daughter's car was parked, about a mile-and-a-half from the complex. The dogs tracked a scent from the car back toward the complex. Have they been able to even determine that that was your daughter's scent, or do they think that it was possibly just the one who might have kidnapped her, took her?

DREW KESSE: I don't think they've decided what scent really was, to be honest with you, Greta. And you know, as it goes on, that scent has become distant, actually. I don't know if it held much in any fact, to be quite honest with you."

In the articles below, it lead me to believe that the dog walked past the entrance to Mosaic along the fence that separates Mosaic from the SPCA complex and then into the woods behind Mosaic where the construction was taking place. Although most of the trees were cleared, there were still some trees left at that time.

Police Sweep Woods For Woman After Scent Picked Up
Reward In Case Reaches $115,000

POSTED: 9:43 am EST January 30, 2006
UPDATED: 5:21 pm EST January 30, 2006

Police officers in Orlando, Fla., continued a search of a heavily wooded area Monday near the location where 24-year-old Jennifer Kesse's abandoned car was discovered last week after a scent was picked up in the area, according to a Local 6 News report.

Kesse, who works for Westgate Resorts in the Orlando suburb of Ocoee, Fla., is considered a missing and endangered adult after she mysteriously vanished last week.

"One of the two strongest clues that the Orlando Police Department is sharing with the media is the scent that was picked up in the woods," Local 6 News reporter Samantha Knapp said.
-more-

http://www.local6.com/news/6587477/detail.html

OrlandoCrimeBlog

The mystery of her disappearance deepened within an hour of the car's recovery at 8:10 a.m. not far from Kesse residence. Orange County sheriff's bloodhound Bo took a sniff of the driver's seat and pulled handler Sgt. Jeff Brown at a loping pace for a mile.

The scent led straight to the front door of Kesse's home in Mosaic at Millenia, an upscale, gated and fenced condominium complex with 24-hour security on Americana Boulevard.

The trail bypassed the complex's only entrance and led to a stretch of fence separating the public sidewalk from its private grounds. Once the 6-year-old bloodhound entered the grounds, the dog picked up the scent inside the fence and went directly to a staircase leading to Kesse's second-floor condominium.
rd

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, they sounded like they felt they had seen Jennifer's car on John Young Parkway on the 7-11 video, didn't they?

That is an interesting comment about the dog scenting that Drew makes.

rd
maresy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rd,

I'm glad you found the pics to be helpful, although no answers yet. Ugh!
Anyway, I'll continue to look for better shots. I might try Osceola County since that's where she worked. I'm also wondering about security at Westgate Resorts. Hmmmm....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 2 of 25

Jump to: