www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Susan Fast, Bradenton, FL 6/29/07
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gozgals

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 7:19 pm    Post subject: Still searching and getting leads Reply with quote

http://www.bradenton.com/local/story/92335.html

The authorities are still searching for Susan and getting more leads yet she has not been found.

<snip>
Authorities say Fast was taken from her home against her will. There have been suspicions that her stepson, Thomas, who family members described as suffering from paranoid schizophrenia, may be connected to her disappearance.

Thomas Fast remains in custody on an unrelated charge of carrying a concealed weapon.

Detectives have talked to Thomas Fast about his stepmother's disappearance, about which he has said "some interesting things," Rampone said.
<snip>

Wonder what interesting information Thomas is relating!!! I hope they can find Susan soon, didn't think he was bright enough to bury her deep.

Goz
rd

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No way he buried her in the ground, as in digging a grave. It will be more like two recently discovered bodies; possibly Leslie Adams in a swamp off I-85 northeast of Atlanta, or a dismembered woman in her 30's found in trash bags on a dirt road sixteen miles west of Jennifer Kesse's Orlando home.

We'll be looking for news on the identity of that woman. Will this be a find for a reported missing person, or yet another missing woman victim?

rd

click to read the online true crime mystery novel Murder on a Horse Trail: The Disappearance of Chandra Levy

www.justiceforchandra.com home page
laskipper

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just read about that, rd:

http://tinyurl.com/2phr7c

Human remains found in Osceola belong to a woman

Willoughby Mariano and Walter Pacheco | Sentinel Staff Writer
7:11 PM EDT, July 6, 2007

Remains found along a dirt pathway north of Kissimmee are that of a middle-aged woman, an Osceola County sheriff's spokeswoman said Friday evening.

A father and son found the remains on a dirt trail at about 5:55 p.m. Thursday. They were heading to a pond at the end of the trail, which is adjacent to Boggy Creek Road and East Osceola Parkway, said spokeswoman Twis Lizasuain.

As they made their way toward the pond, they spotted a black garbage bag. They stopped and realized it might contain human remains. Other bags with remains were found nearby

The body had been dismembered, Lizasuain said.

An autopsy performed Friday determined the remains belong to a white woman between the ages of 30 and 40.

Investigators are not sure whether the woman was killed where her body was found or at another location, Lizasuain said.

The woman's identity remains a mystery, Lizasuain said, but at this point, investigators believe the body is not that of missing women in two high-profile cases: Jennifer Kesse of Orlando, who was reported missing January 2006; or Brandy Hall, a Malabar Fire Department volunteer whose bloodstained truck was found last August.

Investigators are contacting other area agencies and hope to use fingerprints, dental records and other evidence to identify her.

Because it was reported that Thomas Fast had plastic bags with him when he was arrested, it seems reasonable to assume that he put Susans' remains into bags and deposited the bags somewhere.

I have to wonder if he didn't have access to a means of cremating her, given his background ?

I also wonder what Tom has been saying that LE finds so interesting, Goz.

Guess we'll have to wait to find out.

ls
gozgals

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
No way he buried her in the ground, as in digging a grave.

I meant it as an expression too not as in burying her either...

I did not hear yet of the other women they found but we can only play the waiting game at this point.

My posts will be brief and I always hope the bodies won't be new missing woman cases.

Thanks for keeping me informed

Goz
rd

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brief, but oh so informative. :)

rd
Sherry

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What kills me on these is doesn't someone understand that bags will be found.....big black garbage bags in places they shouldn't be.....I just do not understand this.

If I'm going to kill someone and chop them up I'm going to distribute them in places where they will be small enough to not be recognizable. If I'm going to take the time to chop them, then I'm going to take the time to hide them!
rd

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, the dismemberment is not for hidiing, it's for undetected removal.

rd
Sherry

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know you're right......

But it never works.

I guess that's the difference between me and them.... (grin)
rd

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The woman's body has been identified. Not a pretty story.

rd

from orlandosentinel.com (fair use)
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/news_local_orlandocrime/

Body found near Osceola pond identified
posted by Willoughby Mariano on Jul 9, 2007

A body found along a dirt path in Osceola County has been identified as a Kissimmee woman, deputies said Monday.

Ragan Kendall, 48, was last seen June 17 when she was released from Osceola County Jail on her own recognizance on a misdemeanor count of possessing less than 20 grams of marijuana and a felony count of contempt of court. A man and his son driving to a nearby pond to fish found Kendall's body in plastic bags near Boggy Creek Road and Osceola Parkway. Investigators later disclosed that her body had been dismembered.

Kendall has a history of drug and prostitution arrests.

Detectives ask that anyone who has seen the victim during the past few weeks or has any other information call the sheriff's office at 407-348-2222 or Crimeline at 800-423-TIPS (8477). Crimeline is offering a $5,000 reward.

click to read rest
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/news_local_orlandocrime/
gozgals

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a pretty sight to stumble upon. Thank God she has been identified.

Goz
gozgals

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:33 pm    Post subject: Evidence found in stepson's truck Reply with quote

http://www.bradenton.com/local/story/95050.html

<snip>

Police found knife, zip ties in stepson's truck
By NATALIE NEYSA ALUND and REBECCA BLUE
Herald Staff Writers

MANATEE --As authorities continued to scour various woods and ponds throughout Manatee County for 60-year-old Susan Fast, details were released of what was found inside her stepson's truck shortly after her disappearance more than a week ago.

Handcuffs, a knife and zip ties were among the items found in the pickup of Thomas Fast, who detectives say is a suspect in the case.

Manatee County Sheriff's detectives continue to review evidence as part of the search for the East Manatee woman who has been missing since June 29. They hope to also complete their search efforts for Fast by week's end, Sgt. Pete Rampone said.

According to a search warrant affidavit filed at the Manatee County Courthouse, detectives also found a pawn shop receipt, deposit slips and a laundry bag with dirty clothes inside Thomas Fast's 2006 white Chevrolet pickup truck, found in a parking lot in the 7200 block of 55th Avenue in East Manatee the day after Susan Fast disappeared.
<snip>

See more at link on the evidence found. Not looking good for Thomas. Let's hope they find the body soon!

Goz
laskipper

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This man is described by family as a drifter and he has a 2006 pickup?

Drifting must be profitable these days.

He must have some sort of job- otherwise how would he get a loan? If he paid cash for the truck, where did he get the cash?

ls
rd

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the answer lies in that little town in NC you mentioned.

rd
gozgals

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:28 am    Post subject: comment/ AMW Feature Reply with quote

I think you are correct about NC, RD. May consider taking up the profession of drifter, seems to pay well. Good pt. LAS.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From AMW (Feature)

http://www.amw.com/features/feature_story_detail.cfm?id=2021

Fla. Woman Goes Missing; Cops Suspect Stepson
7/3/2007

They family of a missing Bradenton, Fla. woman is holding out hope that she'll come home safely, but their search has become more desperate since police named her stepson a "person of interest".
On Monday, July 2, detectives on all terrain vehicles canvassed the woods near Susan Fast's home and sifted through garbage dumpsters, but there is still no sign of the 60-year-old wife and mother. She has been missing since Friday.

-----------------------

I knew LE was looking at Thomas, the stepson but I did not know they were actually calling him a/the POI even though all roads point to him.
admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After all, he was robbing her.

Sounds like he felt entitled, among other things. We're not talking the noble hobo when we say drifter. Pay? Why whoever got robbed last is paying.

rd
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: