www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

North Canton, OH nine months pregnant mom disappears
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gozgals

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:02 am    Post subject: DP case Reply with quote

Does anyone know if they are going to give Bobby Cutts Jr the DP or is he going to slide on that? I know he is charged with two counts of murder.

I think this is most definitely a DP case. I know it would take years to execute but I would like to see it on the table.

Goz
gozgals

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:17 pm    Post subject: Bobby Cutts Indicted Reply with quote

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20404042/from/RS.3/

Also, I think they said he would be tried for the Death Penalty but I'm not certain. I sure hope so..
Goz.

<snip>
Boyfriend indicted in pregnant woman's death

Updated: 10:52 a.m. CT Aug 23, 2007
CANTON, Ohio - A grand jury indicted a former police officer on murder charges Thursday in the death of his pregnant girlfriend, whose 2-year-old son was left alone in an apartment to tell police: “Mommy was crying ... Mommy’s in rug.”

Bobby Cutts Jr. could receive the death penalty if convicted in the June death of Jessie Davis and her unborn child.

The murder indictments allege that Cutts killed Davis, terminated her pregnancy, and caused the death of a viable unborn child, “baby Chloe.” Cutts, 30, also faces two counts of gross abuse of a corpse and one count each of aggravated burglary and endangering children.

His attorney, Myron Watson, said he would comment after he had a chance to review the indictment.

Myisha Ferrell, a high school classmate of Cutts, was indicted on charges of obstructing justice and complicity in helping dispose of Davis’ body.

Father of unborn baby?
The indictments alleges that Cutts killed Davis at her home on June 14, and that his actions put their son, 2-year-old Blake Davis, in danger. Davis’ family says Cutts was also the father of the baby girl due July 3.
<snip>
gozgals

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another link on Cutts

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,294247,00.html
laskipper

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good evening all,

I don't know if it's posted here, but it was on the news the other day that Countrywide is giving Jessie's mother a house! There was a fund raising event- athletes (known) gave various items to be auctioned off to raise money for the little boy. The Mom- Patty Porter, evidently dreamed of owning a house and now she'll have a home for Blake. Two people blessed!

I'm so happy for the little family. No one will take away the pain of loss for them, but it will help to have a place of their own.

http://online.wsj.com/public/article/PR-CO-20070721-900125-GDPm9z6zix3oHqBErvW2JhiWm9E_20070721.html?mod=wsjcrmain

http://tinyurl.com/2nnmtj

Countrywide Donating House to Blake, Grandma and Crowded Family - - Local Homebuilders Volunteer to Provide Free Renovations - - Announcement Made at Festival Raising $20,000 for Blake's Bright Tomorrow -

ls
gozgals

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:10 am    Post subject: Bobby Cuts Waives Right to Speedy Trial Reply with quote

Bobby Cutts Jr. waived his right to a speedy trial this week. I feel he must know he risks the DP and it is safer to put off going to court as long as possible. This could also prove to be an error on his part as they could gather more evidence against him.

http://www.newsnet5.com/news/13991878/detail.html

<snip>
Suspect Wears Bulletproof Vest To Court

POSTED: 9:47 am EDT August 28, 2007
UPDATED: 2:09 pm EDT August 28, 2007

CANTON, Ohio -- A police officer accused of killing his pregnant girlfriend waived his right to a speedy trial Tuesday.

Canton Patrolman Bobby Cutts Jr., 30, could receive the death penalty if convicted of aggravated murder in the death of Jessie Davis and her unborn daughter.

Cutts' trial was to begin Sept. 18.

Now, pretrial meetings will begin on Sept. 7 and the prosecutors office believes this actual trial will not begin until next year.

Stark County Common Pleas Judge Charles E. Brown Jr. did not set a new trial date, said Marc Warner, court administrator.

Cutts appeared in court shackled and wearing a bulletproof vest. This was his third appearance in court since being arrested.
<snip>
gozgals

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:18 pm    Post subject: update on trial Reply with quote

<snip>
Prosecutors Accuse Former Cop of Strangling Pregnant Girlfriend Jessie Davis
Monday, February 04, 2008

CANTON, Ohio — Prosecutors on Monday accused a former police officer of strangling a woman who was pregnant with his child, dumping her body, then lying to investigators as thousands searched for her body last summer in a case that received national attention.

Bobby Cutts Jr. was feeling the pressure of his crumbling marriage, financial debt and supporting several children, Stark County assistant prosecutor Chryssa Hartnett said in her opening statement at Cutts' trial.

"We are here because of physical pressure — the physical pressure he exerted around the neck of Jessie Davis for the several minutes it took for him to snuff the life out of her and her unborn child," she said.

Cutts' attorney, Fernando Mack, told the jury they wouldn't like the fact that Cutts knew where the body was and left his 2 1/2-year-old son Blake alone for 26 hours, referring to charges of gross abuse of a corpse and child endangering.

But he said that prosecutors did not have the evidence that he killed Davis and only hoped to enrage them enough to convict him of a murder charge.

"They hope that you'll lose your way," Mack said.

Cutts, 30, a former Canton patrolman, has pleaded not guilty to aggravated murder, aggravated burglary and other charges in the death of Davis and her female fetus. He faces the death penalty if convicted.
<snip>

The trial is expected to last at least two weeks. An all-white jury will consider the case against Cutts, who is black, and his attorneys have objected to the panel's lack of racial diversity.

click link for rest of story
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,328086,00.html

I hope Bobby gets the DP if it is on the table.
gozgals

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:59 am    Post subject: Cutts Cries on Stand Reply with quote

Is anyone really buying this crying act from this brutal pig? I know I am not. And the line about the bleach is just pure bull, we know he was just trying to cover evidence not wake her up. Cutts was/is just a player and now he is getting justice for his crimes.

<snip>
Ex-Cop Gives Tearful Testimony in Murder Trial of Pregnant Girlfriend Jessie Davis
Monday, February 11, 2008

CANTON, Ohio — A former police officer accused of murdering his pregnant girlfriend told jurors on Monday between sobs that he realized she was dead when he couldn't find her pulse after she suffered a blow to her throat.

"I didn't mean to hurt her," Bobby Cutts Jr. said on the witness stand about Jessie Davis, who was nine months pregnant with his child when she died last June.

Cutts, 30, testified that during an argument at her home, he pulled his arm away and threw his elbow back, landing on her throat. Davis fell down, Cutts said.

Cutts was at Davis' home to pick up their 2-year-old son and was rushing her so he could leave. Davis grabbed him and told him he couldn't leave, which is when he said he pulled his arm away and struck her.

After several attempts to revive Davis with CPR, Cutts said he went to their 2-year-old child's room to get bleach to try to bring her to because he thought she was just knocked out.

"I got the bleach and took it back to the room and tried to put it under her nose," Cutts said, adding that it didn't work.

"She wasn't responding, I tapped her and she was dead," Cutts said.

He then decided to leave the home and take Davis with him. Cutts said he loaded her body in a comforter into the bed of his truck and called Myisha Ferrell, a friend, for help.

"I decided to leave, I didn't know what to think," Cutts said. "How in the hell am I going to explain this?" Cutts said.

Cutts, continuing to cry on the stand with tissues in his hands, said he was thinking at the time "this is not real, this is not real, it could not be happening. This is a bad dream."
<snip>

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,330289,00.html
Click link for rest of story
maresy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanted to jump through the tv and rip his tongue out and beat him with it. What theatrics! He wasn't that upset when he was pretending to look for her knowing all along he left her in the woods to rot.

If anyone deserves the death penalty, it's this animal.

I loved that prosecutor. He did a great job in questioning. I also like the idea of the jurying having the opportunity to ask questions. From the questions they asked, I believe he's going down.
gozgals

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree Marsey. I couldn't have said it better. He is a pig. I hope he does get the DP. He is acting like he is so remorseful, yet we know he was a big player with all his women and just wanted to get rid of her and the baby.

I'm with you----- Hoping he goes down!!

Have a good day

Goz
rd

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another conviction for missing women. Justice has prevailed for Jessie Marie Davis.

Lots of silent ex's, some of them cops, to go.

rd

from www.washingtonpost.com (fair use)

Ohio Ex-Cop Convicted in Lover's Death
By THOMAS J. SHEERAN
The Associated Press
Friday, February 15, 2008

CANTON, Ohio -- A former police officer who tearfully told jurors he accidentally killed his pregnant lover was convicted Friday of murdering her and their unborn child.

Bobby Cutts Jr. could face the death penalty. He had claimed he accidentally killed Jessie Davis by putting an elbow to her throat, then panicked.

(snip)

Prosecutors told the jury that Cutts killed Davis, 26, last June at her Lake Township home to get out of child support payments for a fourth child.

(snip)

For more than a week, Cutts, then an officer on the Canton police force, denied knowledge of her whereabouts as thousands searched in the area. He finally led authorities to the body, wrapped in a comforter and dumped in a park about 20 miles from her home.

Cutts was convicted of aggravated murder in the death of the nearly full-term female fetus, which carries the possible death penalty. The jury found him not guilty of aggravated murder in Davis' death, a count that includes intent to kill with prior calculation. But they convicted him of a lesser charge of murder in her death.

Cutts also was convicted of abuse of a corpse, burglary and child endangering.

(snip)

The prosecution's key witness, Cutts' longtime friend Myisha Ferrell, testified that Cutts picked her up in his truck the morning of June 14 with Davis' body in the back and held up his right arm to demonstrate how he killed her.

click to read story
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/02/15/AR2008021501241.html?hpid=moreheadlines

Copyright 1996-2008 The Washington Post Company
maresy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank God that jury saw through his b.s.
gozgals

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:57 am    Post subject: Cutt's begs for life Reply with quote

Bobby is begging for life in prison for the killing of his ex and child but why does he deserve this? I'm sure she begged for her life and the baby was fighting for life inside. Sorry to hear that he is crying today but it is a bit too late for this animal. Cutts was/is another smirky character like Drew Peterson and now he expects forgiveness for what he did. If they afford him the DP, so be it. The tears just seem to come at the end for many of these killers and many times only just to spare their lives.

Cutts claims to take responsibilty now too! Always at the end when they see what is coming their way.....Life in prison or death.

<snip>
Ex-police officer appeals to jury for life
Ohio man faces death after conviction in death of girlfriend, unborn child

updated 5:09 p.m. CT, Mon., Feb. 25, 2008
CANTON, Ohio - A former police officer sobbed and apologized for killing his pregnant lover and their unborn child as he appealed Monday to the jury that convicted him to spare his life.

“I accept responsibility,” Bobby Cutts Jr., 30, said from the witness stand. Cutts was convicted Feb. 15 of aggravated murder in the death of the nearly full-term fetus and of murder in the death of Jessie Davis, 26.

He could receive death, life in prison without parole or life with parole after 20, 25 or 30 years. If the jury recommends death, the judge can reduce it to life, something that has happened just seven times in Ohio in 27 years.
<snip>

Click link for rest of story
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23341425/

<snip>
For more than a week, Cutts denied knowledge of her whereabouts as thousands searched in the area. He finally led authorities to the body, wrapped in a comforter. Cutts has resigned from his job.
<snip>
gozgals

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutts did not get the DP - jury recommends he is sentenced to life.

Also, read about Jessie's mom forgiving Bobby at the link below. She is one great woman to forgive Cutts.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,333153,00.html

Jessie Davis' Mom Says She Forgives Bobby Cutts Jr. for Killing Daughter After Life Sentence Recommended
Wednesday, February 27, 2008

<snip>
jury on Wednesday recommended that the former Canton police officer be sentenced to life in prison with a chance of parole for killing 26-year-old Davis and their unborn baby.

Cutts, 30, would be eligible for parole after 57 years under the jurors' recommendation for an aggravated murder charge in the death of the fetus. Stark County Common Pleas Judge Charles Brown Jr. was hearing statements from each side and planned to issue his sentence afterward.
<snip>
gozgals

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read some article today that Bobby was appealing his conviction based on the fact that there is not enough evidence.

All I can say is, "GOOD LUCK you animal!" No chance he will win an appeal.

Goz
rd

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just in case we weren't sure if he had a conscience, no doubts left now.

rd
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: