www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

North Canton, OH nine months pregnant mom disappears
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rd

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, they didn't want her for her baby.

What are the odds of this happening and it's not Jessie's baby?

rd

from www.msnbc.com (fair use)
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19317472/

Newborn found after pregnant woman vanishes
Girl turns up in basket on doorstep miles from where Davis disappeared
Associated Press
June 19, 2007

CANTON, Ohio - A newborn girl with her umbilical cord still attached was found in a basket on a doorstep 45 miles from where a pregnant woman vanished, authorities said Tuesday.

A DNA sample was taken from the infant Tuesday and was given to authorities investigating the disappearance.

Thomas Maurer, sheriff in neighboring Wayne County, said the baby was less than 24 hours old, and that officials are using "every caution we can" to eliminate the possibility that the baby is related to the missing woman, Jessie Davis.

Davis, 26, who is due July 3 with a baby she planned to name Chloe, has not been heard from since Wednesday evening when she spoke to her mother by phone.

A couple arriving home from dinner Monday night discovered the newborn on the porch of their rural home south of Wooster, Maurer said. The baby was dressed in a sleeper. The wicker basket contained a blanket and a bottle of formula, but there was no note, he said.

The baby was taken to Wooster Community Hospital, where DNA from the girl was taken using a mouth swab, said Maurer, who drove the sample to investigators in Stark County on Tuesday.

click to read rest
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19317472/

© 2007 The Associated Press
gozgals

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is really turning out to be a very sad case but at least the baby is safe, (assuming it is her baby) and again, what are the odds it is not?

But, reading more, the ex-BF seems to have a very complicated life so I think he should be investigated more even though you all make a good point that the ex-wife has a reason to want Ms. Davis to disappear. I just always have to look at the men involved and he seems to have too many problems and women around in his life. Granted, he really doesn't have a set motive and his ex-wife might. I do hope I am wrong in this case. I think time will tell us more and provide the much needed information. I'm rambling.........

Also, I do not feel she is alive at this point either and my prayers are with her.

Gozgals
Sherry

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think the baby is hers. According to the news the house that it showed up at was the School nurse and young girls had been known to do this before.....

It's a weird coincidence, and the police don't think it's hers either.

But they are being careful with it.

Jerry Springer material indeed! Oh what a tangled web we weave, no?
gozgals

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the update Sherry and Rd for all the links. I'm really shocked it is not the baby or at least you didn't think it was. This story gets more complicated as we find out more.

I will explain and give a few reasons why I may be stuck on the ex-boyfriend for this disappearance:

1) he has to pay a pretty penny in child support with all the children he has out there and on a Police Officer's salary this must not be easy

2) the different women he is involved with (the leaving and not leaving) much complications

3) The significant other is always the first suspect and this usually is who it turns out to have been in the disappearances we have discussed here.

4) Below is a quote from the article Rd had posted most recently.

Quote:
Incident with former girlfriend
In 1998, he was sentenced to three years probation for disorderly conduct after a former girlfriend accused him of breaking a door jamb and forcing his way into their home, causing her to fear for her safety, according to a police report from nearby Jackson Township.

About two years after his conviction in the disorderly conduct case, Cutts was hired by the Canton Police Department.

His personnel file also shows he won an appeal to overturn his firing in 2003 when authorities conducting a drug raid on his cousin's home found Cutts' handgun hidden under a mattress. Canton police officials accused Cutts of giving the gun to his cousin for protection and said Cutts was lying when he reported that the gun had been stolen.

A federal arbitrator ordered the city to reinstate the officer, saying Canton police had not proven the allegation.

So, he had a domestic abuse problem in the past with a girlfriend too and she was in fear of him which doesn't look good. He is also a liar which doesn't sit well with me. I just don't like him or his style.

Of course, I could be viewing this all wrong but just thought I might express why I was concentrating on him. And as you all stated, could be the ex-wife who certainly has a beef. We all could be shocked and find it to be random but that is highly unlikely.

I just am hoping that they find her soon and the unborn child.

Good day

Gozgals
Sherry

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are times when it's easier to just lay down and roll over when it comes to domestic things, ESPECIALLY when you want to be a police officer. Police don't hire domestic violence offenders. Period. He could have fought the charges and there is a possiblity that the woman was just out for blood and he decided to take the probation instead of conviction.

As far as the lying, we will never know.

It's easy to say he's guilty because of the other men out there who are guilty, but I am inclined to say that this just isn't the case. If he wanted her out of his life due to child support and such then he'd probably have gotten rid of her when she was first pregnant. He would know that this would make even more of a news story because of the "Lacy Likeness" and that's just not what I'm feeling here.

That and he's cooperating and he's been suspended from the police department. If he has something to do with it, he's being very smart about it - and that would be a first. He's gone to the searches and he's not spoken to the press.......to me that just means he's lying low because he knows that he's being scrutinized.
rd

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My take on the ex is that he is an ex ex, and now someone's else's ex. Child support for Jessie's baby was not an issue because Jessie and her children would be his primary family again.

His ex and their two children, at least one of them fathered by him, would be child support issues.

From my observations in life, kicking in the door is some kind of caveman thing of showing how he won't be shut out of her life, literally. And from what I've seen, it generally works.

Look how many women are trying to have this guy's babies.

Here's good insight into the ex ex.

rd

from wkyc.com (fair use)
http://www.wkyc.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=69955&provider=gnews

Father of missing mom's children speaks out
WKYC
June 20, 2007

CANTON -- The father of a missing northeast Ohio woman's son and unborn daughter says he had nothing to do with her disappearance.
Jessie Davis has been missing since last Wednesday. Her young son was found alone in her North Canton home.

Authorities plan to update the public on the case in a news conference scheduled at 3 P.M. Wednesday.

In the meantime, in an interview with The Canton Repository newspaper, Bobby Cutts Junior says he's not a suspect in Jessie Davis' disappearance, but that police also have not told him he's been cleared.

Cutts, a Canton police officer, says "the last five days have been a nightmare." He says he isn't sleeping much and has no appetite.

Cutts says he last spoke with Davis at eight o'clock last Wednesday night, about 90 minutes before she was last heard from in a telephone conversation with her mother.

The 26-year-old Davis is due to deliver a baby girl July Third.

The 30-year-old Cutts says he's separated from his wife Kelly, and that she knew he had a relationship with Davis.

click to read rest and listen to audio
http://www.wkyc.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=69955&provider=gnews
gozgals

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:24 pm    Post subject: from NG now Reply with quote

Jesse's Mother thinks the BF did it too and wants her daughter back. She says all the evidence points to him.

LE has now served a search warrant on his house again and are looking for the comforter and her cell phone. He is looking good for this now. It is a shame I think because it would probably mean he did get rid of her. NG said it probably means they found something in his car.

The lawyers on the show say he should shut-up and not talk to the media and lawyer up now.

This is all I have up till now.

Need to watch more.

Goz
rd

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, screw the lawyers giving that advice on Nancy's show. Bad advice.

There's actually no evidence or hint of evidence pointing to the bf as far as I know, despite what Jessie's mom says. I don't know what she's thinking of.

The police need to do exactly what they're doing.They need to move fast and thoroughly, and they seemed to have, although Jessie's dad says they waited too long to retrieve her cell phone records, which requires a subpeona.

If the bf refuses to take a lie detector test based on bozo lawyer's, then he deserves whatever happens to him after that for listening to them instead of doing what's right.

Fox has reported several noteworthy items.

The police have questioned the ex's ex at work, according to her mother.

The ex has made several comments. I'll highlight them below.

rd

from www.foxnews.com (fair use)
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,285213,00.html

Officials Search House of Missing Mom's Boyfriend
Fox News
June 20, 2007

CANTON — Authorities on Wednesday night swarmed the house of the boyfriend of Jessie Davis, the 9-months-pregnant Ohio mom who disappeared last week, according to The Repository.

FBI agents and sheriff's deputies were serving a search warrant on the home of Bobby Cutts Jr. and were looking for a quilt and Davis' cell phone, Cutts' mother told the Canton, Ohio newspaper.

The FBI has questioned Cutts — a 30-year-old Canton police officer — twice today, and read him his Miranda rights the second time, according to Renee Horne, his mother. She added that agents took two cell phones belonging to Cutts.

Cutts, the father of Davis' 2-year-old son Blake, and likely the father of her unborn daughter, said it's been a "nightmare" since Davis vanished last week and he had nothing to do with her disappearance.

But though he isn't a suspect in the Davis case, police haven't told him he's been cleared, either.

"I would be dumb and naive to think they weren't treating me as a suspect just [based] on the different things I've had to go through the last couple of days," Cutts told the paper. "Like they've said to the media, me nor my wife are suspects, but I don't feel like we've been treated as that's 100 percent true."...

"The last five days have been a nightmare. It won't end," Cutts, a Canton police officer, told The Repository. "Anybody who knows me knows I’m [normally] joking around and laughing. I try to have fun and make everyone else laugh. It’s just been hell.”

He said he has slept little — only about "30 seconds at a time," according to the newspaper — and has no appetite....

“Hopefully, she’ll be found alive,” Cutts told The Repository.

A local law enforcement source told FOX News that agents tested Kelly Cutts' car on Monday for blood and fluids and the tests came back negative.

Bobby Cutts also voluntarily brought his pick-up truck to a mutually agreed-upon location so that agents could do tests on that, the source told FOX. Those tests came back negative too....

Kelly Cutts' mother, Brenda Schaub, told FOX News that the FBI went to her daughter's place of work on Tuesday to interview her. Schaub said her daughter and Bobby Cutts were on good terms, Bobby was never violent with his wife and he was a loving father to their daughter.

Kelly, according to Schaub, was at her parents' house last Wednesday night and went to work on Thursday.

click to read rest
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,285213,00.html

FOX News' Jeff Goldblatt, Catherine Donaldson-Evans and The Associated Press contributed to this report.

© 2007 FOX News Network
gozgals

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't appear to me that they have any solid evidence against him at this time or they are just not releasing it to the public.

The EX's are a tad bit confusing at this point, if I must say so....Too many Ex's of Ex's to keep up with.

Let us hope we can get more information pretty soon on what is going on and the public can be made aware of what is happening.

Once they Lawyer up, there goes any access to information and they shut up. Bad advice for sure.

After the mother made that statement and the show continued, she didn't mention it again so maybe she spoke too quickly and changed her mind on her opinion on her thought of the ex-bf being the suspect. I think she is just very upset, fragile and confused, and rightly so. She stated later in the show that she would like people to be careful before they point the finger at the father of her grandchild.

I just hope this case gets solved quickly and we get news on Jessie and the baby. As you stated Rd, at least the Police are following through in a timely fashion on this case. I do think the ex-BF should take a PG test soon.

Goz
gozgals

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI rd, sherry, everyone,

Been reading all the links I can on this case, It really has me going and I still think the Ex-boyfriend is involved. I know everyone here is not in agreement with me but that is fine. I still have a gut instinct about him and that this will all point back to him. I do not know if he hired someone to do the deed of making Jessie disappear but I'm certain he is involved, alone or with another.

Also, it does come as a shock everyone is willing to have this dudes baby. What is it they see in him?

Greta has some pics posted on her line of the crime scene, well, Jessie's house, and there are a few good articles on a couple of different forums and other articles out there too.

have a good night all
Prayers for the family and Jessie

Goz
jane

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Goz and all. I agree - there must have been something magnetic about him to keep a mistress on the string so long as well as a wife, who apparently forgave him for the affair, probably thinking it was over until she found out a second 'love child' was on the way. So often these men seem to have two sides - one is irresistable and the other is scary.
Sherry

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as the records being subpeonad that is not always in the hands of the police department. There are times when they act fast but someone somewhere drops the ball and it looks like it's the police departments fault because they are the ones who take the heat.

Her mother is upset. Rightfully so. And people say things that make sense to them when they're upset, although they can be damaging and unfounded.

Cutts has been cooperative and willing to do what ever it takes. He's gotten positive feedback from his employer and all those who know him have given positive comments as well. If they find anything in his house I do not feel he's the one who put it there......

Infuriating that we won't know anything about the baby found until next week.....that's a few precious days we play the hurry up and wait game.

Oh, and one more thing: media should be shot when it comes to making allegations and people can voice their opinions but there are times when it hurts the innocent people out there......being a Military Wife I have a huge dislike for the media so you'll have to forgive me with the harshness for which I speak of them.......
rd

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to call it like you see it.

rd
Sherry

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rd wrote:
You have to call it like you see it.

rd

Sorry. A good friend of mine lost her brother a little over a year ago in the war........the media had a frenzy with it....and I've heard of other stories where the families find out before the Military lets them know through pictures and footage sent back.....

Just a bit jaded.
gozgals

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:08 pm    Post subject: Updates Reply with quote

It has been confirmed that the baby is not Jessie's. I just heard it on Fox's news.

Also, Jessie's Mom now considers the ex-boyfriend a suspect.

21 hours of his time is unaccounted for.

They are searching again today, yesterday they found nothing when searching which was cut short due to the rain. Texas Equusearch is conducting the search.

I do not have any of today's links but a few to post.

The ex-boyfriend is not being formally called a POI or the Prime suspect but all consider him to be.

Gozgals
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: