www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Stepha Henry, 22, from NY, missing on Ft. Lauderdale visit
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rd

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:35 am    Post subject: Stepha Henry, 22, from NY, missing on Ft. Lauderdale visit Reply with quote

Stepha's disappearance bears resemblance to the Natalee Holloway and Julie Popovich (see Missing Columbus Woman Did Not Go Willingly) disappearances.

What is even more heartbreaking is that Stepha had just graduated in Criminal Justice and was entering law school. She knew the importance of fighting crime and watched Court TV regularly.

If she had not disappeared, Stepha would be following this case with the same passion. I hope she is found safe and sound soon, but I'm sure Stepha was a realist from studying her chosen profession. The odds are not good for that to happen.

rd

click to read the online true crime mystery novel Murder on a Horse Trail: The Disappearance of Chandra Levy

www.justiceforchandra.com home page

from www.miamiherald.com (fair use)
http://www.miamiherald.com/460/story/131357.html

Missing grad's mom seeks answers
The family of a woman who disappeared from a Fort Lauderdale nightclub pleaded for the public to come forward with leads.
BY YAMICHE ALCINDOR
yalcindor@MiamiHerald.com
June 7, 2007

(snip)

Stepha Henry, 22, was last seen partying at Peppers Cafe, located on 3828 N. University Dr. in Fort Lauderdale, at 1 a.m. May 29.

Steve and Sylvia Henry flew down this week from their home in New York to help search for their child.

''I'm going to stay in Florida until I find my daughter,'' Sylvia Henry said Wednesday, speaking at Miami-Dade police headquarters.

As Miami-Dade homicide detectives joined the search, police said they would work around the clock to find her.

Henry, a recent graduate of John Jay College of Criminal Justice, flew down from New York for Memorial Day weekend to celebrate her sister's 16th birthday. The Henry sisters had been staying with their aunt and cousin in Miami Gardens for the weekend and planned to fly home May 29.

The night before she disappeared, Henry told her family she was getting a ride to Peppers from a friend. Her sister stayed home.

A videotape taken by a promotional group at Peppers shows Henry at the club.

But she never made it home.

Calls placed to Henry's cell phone went straight to her voice mail. The petite woman was last seen wearing a black dress with a white tank top underneath and brown heels. She was carrying a brown clutch purse. Henry, who has long bronze hair, is 5'2'' and 110 pounds.

''It's been very hard. She is not the kind of girl to run off. If anyone has seen her, I am asking that you please come forward,'' Henry's mother said Wednesday.

Miami-Dade Detective Roy Rutland said police are looking for information regarding the driver of a dark-colored four-door Acura Integra, who picked Henry up at her aunt's house.

click to read rest
http://www.miamiherald.com/460/story/131357.html

Anyone with information can call Miami-Dade Det. Brigette Robert at 305-418-7200 or Miami-Dade Crime Stoppers at 305-471-8477.

Miami Herald staff writer David Ovalle contributed to this report.

Copyright 2007 Miami Herald Media Co.
rd

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A family acquaintance says he borrowed the car he picked Stepha up with, and police say it cannot be found.

Neither can Stepha.

rd

from www.cnn.com (fair use)
http://edition.cnn.com/2007/US/06/15/florida.missing.woman/

Car sought for clues to woman's Florida disappearance
CNN
June 15, 2007

MIAMI, Florida (CNN) -- Police in South Florida are searching hundreds of canals and a huge area of wetlands for a car that could provide vital clues in the case of a young woman who vanished three weeks ago.

Stepha Henry, 22, disappeared after going to a party at a nightclub in Sunrise, Florida.

Police said they have no suspects. Frustrated by the lack of progress, Henry's parents -- Steve and Sylvia -- have moved to Florida temporarily from New York to try to draw more public attention to her disappearance.

Henry and her teenage sister were visiting an aunt in South Florida over Memorial Day weekend. On the evening Henry disappeared they had been to a barbecue with friends.

Her aunt said the young woman left her apartment about 1 a.m. on May 29 to go to a club called Peppers Cafe. The aunt said she saw her get into a car driven by a family acquaintance.

There is video of Henry at the club, where a promotional video was being taped that night.

The man who took her to the club said that he left alone and that Henry was still there with people he did not know. Someone -- maybe Henry -- checked her cell phone around 4 a.m., police say.

That is where the mystery of the car comes in.

Searching for dark Acura

Police say the family acquaintance, whose name has not been released, told them he had borrowed the vehicle -- a dark late-model Acura Integra -- but it cannot be found. Police have no details about the tag or year it was made.

One of the pilots involved in the aerial search for the car said it's a frustrating task.

Miami-Dade Police Lt. Cliff Nelson told CNN that "there are pockets of wild areas ... If someone were to get into the middle of them, no one might find anything in there for months."

Miami-Dade Police Commander Linda O'Brien indicated there are few leads.

"It is totally uncharacteristic from what we've learned about Stepha Henry for her to go missing like this," she said.

Henry's parents said their daughter probably is being held against her will, because she'd never disappear on her own. They've continued to call her cell phone hoping for a response.

All they hear is: "Sorry, that mailbox is full. Please call again later."

Her father, Steve Henry, said, "Right now I don't even want to think the worst. All I want to know and all I'm praying for is that my daughter is still alive."

Stepha Henry's family said vital time was lost after her disappearance.

Her aunt, Carletha Clarke, told the Trinidad Guardian newspaper that police did not contact her until June 6, more than a week after the disappearance.

"I'm very disappointed, because being so long, anything could have happened."

Henry is an honors graduate in criminal justice and was planning to go to law school next year.

Her parents said she has always been fascinated by crime.

"Every night she looks at Court TV and she always likes to look at forensic cases," said her father.

If someone is holding her, he has this appeal: "Please let my daughter go, because we need her at home."

© 2007 Cable News Network.
rd

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This info says she was seen getting into a car outside the club, no details noticed about it.

The guy who brought her there says he left earlier without her, but nothing about that being confirmed. And how can anyone tolerate that's it's "unclear" where the car is that she was in?

But no public display of intoleration. Maybe it's clearer to the police.

rd

from 7online.com (fair use)
http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=local&id=5390027

Foul play likely in missing NYC girl's case
7 Eyewitness News
Miami - WABC, June 12, 2007

(snip)

Police say 22-year-old Stepha Henry was last seen getting into a car outside of a club over the Memorial Day weekend....

The investigation now involves dozens of officers from Miami-Dade County and areas north. Detectives from the aviation and homicide units are canvassing a several hundred square mile splice of South Florida.

"This is any parent's nightmare," Miami-Dade Police Commander Linda O'Brien.

Commander O'Brian says because of the circumstances surrounding Stepha's disappearance, foul play is likely.

"We have a tremendous amount of water in southern Florida so we're checking the canals and lakes and those sorts of things," she said.

The John Jay College graduate was last seen leaving her aunt's home with a male friend around one in the morning on May 29th. They came to a club in Ft. Lauderdale. An image was captured of Stepha inside.

She did check her cell phone voice mail around four that same morning. Her male friend told police he left the club early without Stepha.

As for the four-door dark colored Acura Integra they came to the club in, Commander O'Brien says "Their origination of the car they came in was unclear to us. The gentleman who picked her up, who is an acquaintance of hers, tells us that the car was borrowed, so we are still trying to get information on that."

click to read rest
http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=local&id=5390027

Copyright 2007 WABC-TV
gozgals

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wishing the best for Stepha and her family. I watched the family on a show the other night and they about broke my heart RD. I don't think this girl would ever vanish on her own. She had a bright future and keep in touch with her family daily.

Strange the car can't be found....And neither can she. It does resemble Natalee's case. The poor young lady also studied crime. It just tears one up inside. I hope they look at her friend much more closely. He has the answers to this mystery I'm sure.

Goz
rd

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, goz. For starters, where's the car?

rd
laskipper

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where is the car is a good question.

It isn't clear if the friend picked her up or someone else-

One article states that they haven't questioned the man yet-

Another states she left with a "family acquaintance" who was questioned?

Quote:
Her aunt said the young woman left her apartment about 1 a.m. on May 29 to go to a club called Peppers Cafe. The aunt said she saw her get into a car driven by a family acquaintance.

From another source:

Quote:
''No one at Peppers knows anything,'' said Emily Chin, whose family owns
Peppers Cafe. ''I just hope that her mother finds her.'' Chin added that
Peppers employees didn't know Henry was missing until they saw her story in the news.

Uh, they didn't talk to anyone at the bar ?

A vigil was held at Henry's college campus in New York Wednesday, the school
said in a news release.

Miami-Dade Detective Roy Rutland said police are looking for information
regarding the driver of a dark-colored four-door Acura Integra, who picked Henry up at her aunt's house.

http://tinyurl.com/ypqwl9

Also- the thread below takes you to a link for Peppers- the bar she visited.
http://tinyurl.com/2xo7e3
gozgals

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:14 am    Post subject: Greta's transcript Reply with quote

from www.foxnews.com (fair use)
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,282976,00.html

Aspiring Lawyer Stepha Henry Went Missing in Miami; Her Parents Ask for Help Finding Their Daughter
Friday, June 15, 2007

This is a rush transcript from "On the Record ," June 14, 2007. This copy may not be in its final form and may be updated.

GRETA VAN SUSTEREN, HOST: Tonight, the hunt for missing honor student Stepha Henry continues. As you might imagine, Stepha's parents are frantic to find their 22-year-old recent college graduate daughter. We've been following this one closely.

Here's what we know. Just after graduating college in May, Stepha went to Florida for an annual Memorial Day trip. She traveled there with her 16-year-old sister, and she was staying with an aunt. On the last night of her visit, she went to Peppers nightclub in Fort Lauderdale, and then Stepha vanished.

Stepha Henry's parents are in Miami tonight. Sylvia and Steve Henry join us. Welcome to both of you. And first of all, let me go to you, Sylvia. Let me just say right from the get-go, is there anything we can do to help except publicize the search for your daughter, which we're trying to do?

SYLVIA HENRY, MISSING WOMAN'S MOTHER: I just want to thank you, yes, for doing all the media coverage, and please continue to do the media coverage for me. And I think that this will do a lot to help me find my daughter in Miami.

VAN SUSTEREN: Steve is there any update in the hunt for or search for your daughter?

STEVE HENRY, MISSING WOMAN'S FATHER: Not at this time. There's no updates.

VAN SUSTEREN: What is it that you know, Steve? I mean, we understand that she got picked up about 1 a.m. and going off to go to a club, and that was the last she was seen, or at least by a family member.

STEVE HENRY: Yes, that was the last time we heard of her.

VAN SUSTEREN: Now, when was graduation? When did she graduate from college?

STEVE HENRY: Last year, June.

VAN SUSTEREN: And what were her plans?

STEVE HENRY: Her plan was to be a lawyer.

VAN SUSTEREN: Sylvia, she went to the club with someone who's been described as an acquaintance. Have you had a chance to talk to that person?

SYLVIA HENRY: No, I haven't been able to speak to the person because I don't know the person that she went there with. She obviously knew the person, but I don't.

VAN SUSTEREN: Sylvia, are the police helping you, giving you all the information you need? Because sometimes the police need to hold back some information. But are you satisfied they're doing what they can?

SYLVIA HENRY: Yes, the police are doing a great job. They have a lot of people out there working around the clock. A team of detectives is working. And every day, they call me and let me know that they are diligently working out there and their prayers are with me, and they're supporting me all the way until I find my daughter.

VAN SUSTEREN: Steve, I read that the acquaintance that she went to the club with left the club ahead of her, left before she left. Is that what you've been told?

STEVE HENRY: Yes, that's what I was told by the police.

VAN SUSTEREN: Have the police told you why he would have driven your daughter to the club and then left early, left her behind?

STEVE HENRY: No, they didn't give me any explanation about that.

VAN SUSTEREN: But did he say how he thought she was going to get home?

STEVE HENRY: No.

VAN SUSTEREN: Didn't mention anything?

STEVE HENRY: No, they never mentioned anything.

VAN SUSTEREN: Sylvia, what do you think has happened?

SYLVIA HENRY: I think that she's being held against her will somewhere out there. And I pray God that someone have mercy on her and let her go, because she's a bright girl. She's very intelligent. She has all of her plans and career goals set, and she's about to accomplish them.

VAN SUSTEREN: And we certainly hope that publicizing -- we've been running this story for several nights, putting her picture up. If anyone knows anything -- take a good look at this young woman. If you know anything, call the police right away. Sylvia and Steve, thank you and good luck.

SYLVIA HENRY: Thank you very much.

STEVE HENRY: Thank you very much.

click to read
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,282976,00.html

© 2007 FOX News Network
rd

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like the police and Stepha's mom are making some headway finding Stepha.

They know she got into that dark Accura to leave, they saw who she left with, they can't find the car, and they have an uncooperative individual booked on yet other charges.

Leaving with two other girls shouldn't have been dangerous. Have they found the girls? Who's the uncooperative witness?

rd

from wnbc.com (fair use)
http://www.wnbc.com/news/13533601/detail.html

Mother Of Missing Brooklyn Girl Stumbles Upon New Leads
WNBC
June 19, 2007

NEW YORK -- The mother of a missing girl from Brooklyn who disappeared while on spring break in Florida has stumbled upon her own leads.

Soon after Stepha Henry went missing, Sylvia Henry traveled to the Fort Lauderdale Club where her daughter was last seen.

Henry was there to put up posters asking for information about the 22-year-old John Jay graduate, who has been missing for three weeks.

Minutes after Sylvia Henry arrived at the club, she ran into a witness who was at the club the night Stepha disappeared.

The witness said he told police he saw Stepha Henry leave and that she was not alone.

Newschannel 4 has agreed not to identify the witness who shared his information with Henry.

"It was three kids with dreds, two females and herself that got into the car and they took off and left," the witness said.

He said the group got into a dark Acura that police are still trying to find.

A friend drove Stepha Henry to the club the night of May 29 in that vehicle but left without the car or Stepha, according to NewsChannel 4.

The witness said he remembers her clearly and saw her after surveillance video was taken that night at the club.

"There were a couple of guys talking to her, but she ignored them and walked away, so she was probably with her friends," he said.

Miami-Dade police said they have someone described as an uncooperative witness in custody on unrelated charges, according to NewsChannel 4 sources.

click to read rest
http://www.wnbc.com/news/13533601/detail.html

© 2007 by WNBC.com
gozgals

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:07 am    Post subject: Mom Walks The Streets, Searching For Stepha Reply with quote

I saw Stepha's Mom on TV the other night discussing how she is conducting her own investigation (as stated to above) looking for her daughter. The father still thinks she is being held against her will. Let is hope this is how it turns out so she is still with us.

One thing that was mentioned was Stepha's mother was given false information which sent her on a wild goose chase and hindered the investigation. I really hope this nice young woman is found alive. So tired of all the deaths. If the car is to be located, I am sure we will get some clues. It's a shame people have to give false information when there is a crime that is committed and interfere in an ongoing investigation.

I admire the Mom for her tenacity and willingness to pursue this on her own. Let us hope she uncovers a clue that can help LE.

Goz

Link related to Stepha's mothers search, and I do admire her for this.

http://cbs4.com/topstories/local_story_174001017.html

Jun 23, 2007 12:09 am US/Eastern

Mom Walks The Streets, Searching For Stepha

Natalia Zea
Reporting

(CBS4) FT. LAUDERDALE The streets hold no answers for Sylvia Henry, but she walks them anyway, hoping for a clue into the disappearance of her daughter Stepha. She hands out flyers to anyone who will take them, hoping someone knows why her daughter disappeared during Hip-Hop weekend.

"I'm hoping to reach out to the community this way so that everybody will tell somebody else and the word will spread faster," Henry told CBS4's Natalia Zea. "Instead of staying home in the house and hoping somebody will call to say they saw her."

Henry has vowed to stay in South Florida, handing out flyers, until her daughter returns home, is found, or police know what happened to her.

Henry believes someone out there knows, and she just needs to connect with that person.

"People are looking at the picture, some say I think I saw her yesterday and some say oh what a pretty girl. People are just trying to help," Henry said.

Henry was visiting South Florida with a friend, spending time with relatives and taking advantage of the activities surrounding Hip-Hop weekend. She and an acquaintance visited Peppers club in Ft. Lauderdale, and while she was seen inside the club, she dropped out of sight afterward.

The grad student hasn't contacted her family, and police don't know where she is. Her story has been featured on the news a number of times, and Friday, her family increased a reward by $5 thousand, but police admit tips have been sparse.

"Obviously this girl couldn't have just vanished into thin air," said Miami-Dade police detective Roy Rutland. "We continue to follow all the leads as we have, unfortunately we have not received as many tips as we'd like, so we hope the increase in the reward will help."

Sylvia refuses to give up hope. She believes someone will help.

"Anyone there who has a daughter or a sister think of all the emotional stress and the sadness I'm going through, and all the grief my family and I are going through right now," she said. "Please try to help us by calling."

Anyone with information on Stepha Henry can contact Miami-Dade Crime Stoppers at (305) 471-TIPS
rd

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This explains about the guy and the car. He left without the car he drove there with Stepha.

She was said to be seen leaving later with some other girls. The car still hasn't been found, and neither has Stepha.

Have the girls she left with been identified? I would think it would have been reported if they had. Is it mistaken identity that a club employee thought he saw her leave with other girls?

Lots of loose ends and questions that require obvious answers left unanswered. Handing out fliers isn't the answer, in my opinion.

rd

from nbc6.net (fair use)
http://www.nbc6.net/news/13600555/detail.html

Family's Desperate Search Continues
NBC6
June 30, 2007

SUNRISE, Fla. -- A family's desperate search for a missing daughter and sister continued Saturday, with volunteers passing out flyers in the hunt for Stepha Henry.

It's been a little over a month since the 22-year-old New York student vanished from a nightclub in Sunrise. On Saturday night, her story will be featured on the popular television show, "America's Most Wanted."

Henry was visiting family in South Florida when she vanished May 29. She was last seen at the Peppers Cafe in Sunrise.

Investigators said a male friend who was driving a dark-colored four-door Acura Integra picked Henry up from her aunt's apartment in North Miami and took her to the club. But investigators said that the friend left Peppers without the car and without Henry.

On Saturday night, Henry's family is planning a fundraiser in Miami to add to the reward for information in her disappearance. Right now, the family is offering a $5,000 for information that will help them find Henry.

The fundraiser begins at 10 p.m. at the Symphonix Panyard at 2734 NW 183rd St.

click to read rest
http://www.nbc6.net/news/13600555/detail.html

Anyone with information about Henry is asked to call Miami-Dade Crime Stoppers at (305) 471-TIPS.

Copyright 2007 by NBC6.net
gozgals

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rd - It doesn't seem like they have answered any of the questions in this case and I'm wondering why? Too much left unsaid. Is it they have no information, LE doesn't won't to share it or they are not putting enough time into this poor girl's case? There just seems to be nothing to go on, and nobody they have interviewed. It is just not right!!

1. Did she leave with other girls and who are they?
2. Where is this missing car and who owns it?

It would seem this would be easy to track down (at least the owner). I just think there is not enough attention being given to Stepha's disappearance. I wish we could do more.

Goz
laskipper

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree, there are too many loose ends. Goz

It pays to jot down license plate numbers. I got in the habit due to a "situation" next door to me. Been doing it for 6 years now. Have quite a collection!

Too bad the Aunt, or someone else in the house, didn't get a better look at the car and the driver.

I have to say, the Mom is doing a great job. Prayers for her to continue her efforts, and that her daughter is found safe and sound.

ls
gozgals

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:36 am    Post subject: Equusearch Reply with quote

Source: Scared Monkeys

I read on Scared Monkeys that Tim Miller and TexasEquusearch were in Florida searching for Stepha. This has not gotten much media exposure and is also not posted on the Texas Equusearch Website.

Let's hope they discover some information. There does not seem to be enough coverage of Stepha's case in the media much anymore. I find that rather sad.

Goz
gozgals

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:16 pm    Post subject: Search continues- Reply with quote

from browardtimes.com (fair use)
http://www.browardtimes.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=223&Itemid=45

Search for missing young woman continues
BY TRACY-ANN TAYLOR
It was Shola Henry’s sixteenth birthday.
July 9, 2007

As a birthday present, her sister, Stepha Henry, took her from their Brooklyn, N.Y. home to Florida to celebrate. But those plans were soon thwarted.

During the Memorial Day weekend, an acquaintance picked up Stepha Henry and took her to Peppers Café in Sunrise. Video footage shows Henry alone at the nightclub. She has not been seen or heard from since.

Miami-Dade police continue to investigate her disappearance. Homicide detectives have taken the lead in the case, police said.
Investigators say they are working hard on the case, but they had no new leads or updates as of press time. The reward for any information leading to Henry’s whereabouts has been increased to $5,000. The Henrys are contributing $4,000 of the reward money, and CrimeStoppers is putting in $1,000.

“We are still working every and all leads and we are hoping for more from the public. We need the public’s assistance” Miami-Dade Police spokesman Roy Rutland said.

The Henrys have also hired a high-profile search and rescue team, Texas EquuSearch, to help find Stepha. The nonprofit organization conducts searches by foot, water (diving and boats), air (using helicopters and planes), and dog teams (air scent and corpse.)

EquuSearch director Tim Miller said the group was involved in the recovery of pregnant murder victim Jessie Davis’ body in Ohio. The company also helped in the search for murder victim Kelsey Smith, and for Natalee Holloway, a partying teen who is still listed as missing in Aruba.

“The Henrys contacted us in Texas and we wanted to get involved with the search,” he said. “We've brought sonar equipment to search underwater.”

Neither Miller nor the Henrys would say where the company will be searching underwater.

The news media, initially slow to pick up the story, have turned it into national news. America’s Most Wanted recently featured a segment on the story, and posted it on their website.

Last weekend, on June 30, about 50 friends and supporters handed out fliers bearing two photos of the 22-year-old woman, who disappeared on May 29.

Led by Henry’s mother, Sylvia Henry, the group knocked on car windows and passed out the fliers to motorists at University Drive and Oakland Park Boulevard in Sunrise, near the night club where she was last seen on videotape.

The group was there to raise the public’s awareness of Henry's disappearance, and to ask anyone with information to contact the police.

“We're here to support the family and to let them know that our prayers are with them and to find Stepha and bring closure to the entire issue,” said Trinidad and Tobago's Consul General Gerard Greene.

Friends, family and well wishers also gathered outside Peppers Café at 3828 N. University Dr. to lend their support.

(snip)

Born in Trinidad on Sept. 22, 1984, Stepha Henry and her family migrated to the United States when she was six years old and settled in East Brooklyn. They, like many other immigrants, came to America seeking better socioeconomic conditions.

As a teenager, Henry was sociable and talkative. She was adamant about being heard and getting her point across. As she grew older, she blossomed into a beautiful and smart young lady, family members said.

She attended Metropolitan Corporate Academy, where she excelled in her studies. According to her aunt, Daffodil Samuel, Henry entered and won an essay contest from the New York Lottery in high school, earning her a $4,000 scholarship.

“One teacher told me that she was always ready with the answer whenever she asked a question,” said her mother, Sylvia Henry.

Stepha Henry continued to progress academically, and graduated last year with honors from John Jay College of Criminal Justice in New York. She planned to become an attorney focusing on either criminal law or immigration law.

She wanted to help the innocent, especially black males who are constantly being arrested. She dreamed of starting a family after finishing her education.

“She has this drive. [She is] a go-getter. She has so much ambition and intention. She always wanted to strive above everything. She wanted to be an immigration lawyer to help people who want to migrate,” her aunt said.

Stepha and Shola Henry arrived on their summer vacation May 24. They went to the beach. Stepha Henry had visited Florida before and knew the area. The two sisters stayed at the house of their aunt, Carletha Clarke, in North Miami.

An avid reggae music fan, Henry loved to party and went to see a reggae show at Bicentennial Park in Miami on May 27.

“Stepha is intelligent, honest, kind, responsible, and she is independent. She likes to have fun. She like all types of music-reggae, hip hop,” her mom said.

The night before her disappearance, Henry told family members she was getting a ride to the night club from someone in a black Acura.

A videotape from Peppers shows her at the nightclub. It is unclear where she went afterward.

On the videotape, Henry is seen wearing a black sleeveless dress over a white top. Her petite frame stands at 5’2” and weighs 110 pounds. At the time, her hair had red extensions. According to her mother, she has a scar from a burn on one of her calves.

Henry’s mother has told the media that the young woman would not just go away without telling anyone where she was. She said she believes something bad may have happened to her, according to news reports.

Sylvia Henry said that even though she has achieved most of her own goals and had almost realized the American dream, she will regret coming to America if she does not find her daughter.

She took an indefinite leave of absence from her banking job and won’t return to New York until her daughter is found. She said the search for her daughter is frustrating because the police have no new leads. That’s why she wanted to come out on the streets to appeal to the public.

Stepha Henry’s father Steve, meanwhile, was in Brooklyn. He held a candlelight vigil there on June 30 for his daughter, while friends and family continued to pray.

click to read rest
http://www.browardtimes.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=223&Itemid=45

Comments: let's hope they get as much help as they need and continue searching for Stepha. More media coverage for this young lady.

Goz
gozgals

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 4:37 pm    Post subject: reward increase Reply with quote

Sorry to note that there has been no news on missing Stepha. I am having a hard time even finding any new links on the case. Let us hope they get a lead soon.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/broward/sfl-0809missingwoman,0,1894092.story

Reward in disappearance of N.Y. woman increased to $15,000
By Sofia Santana | South Florida Sun-Sentinel
5:53 PM EDT, August 9, 2007

The potential reward for information that leads to an arrest in the disappearance of Stepha Henry, 22, who has been missing since May, has increased to $15,000, authorities announced this afternoon.

Henry's family, Miami-Dade County Commissioner Barbara Jordan, Esserman Nissan in Miami and the National Congress of Black Women donated a total of $14,000, to add to the original $1,000 reward Crime Stoppers offered.

Miami-Dade police suspect foul play but have been unable to identify a suspect or find any trace of Henry, who was visiting from Brooklyn, New York, and was reported missing May 29 by relatives in North Miami-Dade. She was last seen at Pepper's Cafe in Sunrise.

Anyone with information is asked to call Miami-Dade Crime Stoppers at 305-471-TIPS.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: