www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Book Release- On Dr. Barton Corbin by Ann Rule

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gozgals

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 6:17 am    Post subject: New Book Release- On Dr. Barton Corbin by Ann Rule Reply with quote

This should be a great read like most of A. Rules true crime books. We also discussed this case on our website while it was taking place.

Can't wait till it is released to read/review it. Just giving all a heads up.

Ann's newest hardcover book is Too Late to Say Goodbye, which will be published by Free Press/Simon&Schuster on June 5, 2007. This book is about the bizarre story of Dr. Barton Corbin, a Georgia dentist, and two women in his life--Dolly Hearn, a fellow dental student--and Jennifer Corbin, his wife. This promises to be one of the most remarkable and tangled stories Ann has ever told.

Source: Ann Rule's Homepage

http://www.annrules.com/

Gozgals
Sherry

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take a good close look into the man's eyes if there are any close ups.....

That should say it all.

I'm reading a book from her now regarding the Green River Killer......the thing that disturbs me is she brings up the Bundy case a lot. I know she knew him, but it's almost like she's reminding us and that's the reason she's able to publish. I'm enjoying the book and think it would sell on its own regardless, but hey, you don't have to mention Bundy that much! ;^)

Regardless, good stuff, and I'll look forward to reading about this one as well.
gozgals

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sherry, I have seen the dentists eyes. He is one scary son of a gun. His crime was pretty horrific and so is his past. I was cheering when he got his just due. What he did to his wife and to kill her in front of his child came as no shock to me. I followed him rather closely. I too lived in the Atlanta area for quite a long time.

In regard to Ann, I'm not at all surprised. When the book is released, I'll watch for the references. I read most of her books, she has not referred to Bundy too much, only a couple of times, ***Maybe it is her claim to somewhat fame. You never know with people. I have not read the Green River, what do you think of the book?

I read the original Green River book, I don't remember off hand who wrote it but I think if I remember correctly, it was written well. Talk about dead pan eyes, this guy took it too the limit......

Have a good day.

Gozgals
Sherry

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm enjoying the book completely. It has a lot of details about the victims of the killer, and that means a lot to me as victimology is key to finding the killer themsevles. These girls were so young.....

But I really like the book. All in all I'd recommend it. I think the name of it is A River Runs Red or something uber dramatic like that. ;^)
gozgals

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another point worth mentioning is the time period. Bundy and the Green River Killers (Gary Ridgway) bodies seem to coincide around the same time period could be why Ann may be mentioning the two. They also functioned in the same general area throughout their killing spree. I watched a crime show on this subject and there tended to be some confusion when the bodies were found as to what killer was responsible.

Thanks for the information on the book to date.

Gozgals
Sherry

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I thought that too at first, but she's blatently making it a "I knew Ted Bundy" thing...not "they're showing up at the same time" thing.

Either way, the book is well worth the read and most likely anything else she does will be the same.

I'm a junkie for books like that, though. I'm sure I'm not alone when I say that the most fascinating case is Jack the Ripper, which started it for me when I was a little girl. Since reading about that I've been hooked.

I love a good mystery, just sad that it's at the cost of human lives.
gozgals

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 9:32 am    Post subject: link of the Green River Killer Reply with quote

Since we are speaking of Gary, The Green River Killer, here is a link of interest from wikipedia for all that may want to read up on him that have not read any of the books.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Ridgway
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: