www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Woman's body found in swamp off I-85 between Atlanta and SC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rd

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 7:36 am    Post subject: Woman's body found in swamp off I-85 between Atlanta and SC Reply with quote

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1485367&posted=1#post1485367

gagal of websleuths has posted this find of a woman's remains in a swamp off I-85 in Carnesville, NE of Atlanta.

http://www.independentmail.com/news/2007/may/14/womans-skeletal-remains-found-near-interstate-85/

I can't see anyone driving from Ocilla or Lafayette around Atlanta and on up close to SC to dump a body off I-85 in a swamp, but I can see somebody from Atlanta doing it. Leslie Adams from Lilburn, GA (SE Atlanta) is missing in a similar case.

I hope this helps solve some case if not Tara's or Theresa's.

rd

click to read the online true crime mystery novel Murder on a Horse Trail: The Disappearance of Chandra Levy

www.justiceforchandra.com home page
gozgals

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After reading all of the thread, I was thinking possibly Leslie Adams but I too agree they are sweating the x-boyfriend on her disappearance. He still could have hidden the body so it's possible, even though the body is not at least 3 years old. It appears bodies have been turning up too often as of late. Let us hope there is an identification soon on this one and someone will have a bit of closure on a family members disappearance.

Leslie and Tara both have to be found yesterday so justice can be served and the families can have some peace. Tara's case is one big mess and filled with too many hidden secrets, (MO). I think there is a cover-up going on in some aspects of this case due to the LE connection.

Gozgals
rd

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Athens Banner-Herald is reporting that help is needed in identifying the woman's body found in the swamp off I-85 just below South Carolina.

The Georgia Burea of Investigation says the woman was 30 to 50 years old and probably died within last three years.

Here are details that may help identify her:

http://www.onlineathens.com/stories/052207/news_20070522056.shtml

Police need help to ID remains found near Carnesville
By Lee Shearer
lee.shearer@onlineathens.com
May 22, 2007

(snip)

The clothing includes a pair of black Reebok Classic high-top tennis shoes, woman's size 81/2; a medium size, dark colored, long-sleeved Chesley brand sweater; a pair of size 10, dark-colored Courtenay brand Capri pants; and a pair of white athletic socks with gray toes delineated by a green stripe.

A breast implant also was found with the woman's remains.

(snip)

Anyone with information that could help identify the woman may call the Athens GBI office at (706) 542-7901 or the Franklin County Sheriff's Office at (706) 384-2525.

Published in the Athens Banner-Herald on 052207
rd

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Atlanta papers are reporting that the body may be of Leslie Adams, as we suspected. See Leslie M. Adams-Age 40-Missing- Georgia-10/21-05 for a background on Leslie's disappearance.

rd

from Gwinnett Daily Post (fair use)

Bones may be missing local woman
By Arielle Kass
Staff Writer
arielle.kass@gwinnettdailypost.com
Gwinnett Daily Post
May 23, 2007

LAWRENCEVILLE — The GBI said skeletal remains found in a northeast Georgia county may be those of Leslie Adams, a Lilburn woman missing since October 2005, according to an 11Alive news report.

Ken Dove, a dispatcher for the Franklin County Sheriff’s Office, said no one from the Georgia Bureau of Investigation would confirm who the bones belonged to, but that the body appeared to be that of a woman who had been in a swampy area near Carnesville for less than two years.

Cpl. Darren Moloney, a spokesman for the Gwinnett County Police Department, said it would take the GBI about two months to do tests that would identify the body.

“We don’t know who she is,” he said in an e-mail.

(snip)

Adams was reported missing Oct. 25, 2005, under suspicious circumstances, investigators said. She was 40 at the time and had last been seen Oct. 20 at an Atlanta night club, where she saw a concert.

At her apartment on Jodeco Circle near Lawrenceville Highway and Harbins Road, officers found a Winchester .45 shell casing and blood spatter at the foot of her bed.

The single mother of two teenagers was a hairstylist and had a temporary protective order to keep Billy Joe Cook, her estranged boyfriend, from contacting her.

Cook was held on two counts of aggravated stalking in March of last year after he allegedly called Adams several times on the night she vanished. Cook said in a probable cause hearing last year that he was trying to patch things up with Adams.

Cook was not considered a suspect in Adams’ disappearance, which is still considered a missing persons case.

©2001-2007 Triple Crown Media, Inc.
rd

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lee Shearer of the Athens Banner-Herald is reporting some of the reasons the Georgia Bureau of Investigation thinks the body may be that of Leslie Adams of the Atlanta suburb of Lilburn:

GBI has likely ID on skeletal remains
By Lee Shearer, Staff Writer
Athens Banner-Herald
May 24, 2007

Investigators trying to establish the identity of skeletal remains found in Franklin County believe they could belong to Leslie Adams, 40, a Gwinnett County hairdresser missing since 2005.

Conclusive evidence will come in DNA analysis, which could take months, said John Heinen, special agent in charge of the Athens field office of the Georgia Bureau of Investigation.

But "there are a lot of similarities," Heinen said.

Adams had breast implants, and a breast implant was found with the skeletal remains May 13 in a swamp created by beaver dams off Georgia Highway 320, near Carnesville about two miles west of Interstate 85.

And articles of clothing found with the remains were the right size for Adams, Heinen said.

click to read rest

http://www.onlineathens.com/stories/052407/news_20070524042.shtml
rd

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The clothes do not look familiar to Leslie's family, however, and the breast implant has no identification number to identify it. Police are seeking the doctor who did the breast augmentation to see if it is consistent with the work that was done.

rd

GBI Seeks Identity of Found Remains
Reported By: Kevin Rowson
Web Editor: Michael King
11Alive.com
May 23, 2007

(snip)

Lilburn police have taken a DNA swab from one of the family members that will be compared to DNA taken from the bones found in Franklin County....

"It's really tough for the family," said Lilburn Police Sgt. Tyler Thomas. "To say its tough for us to say whether or not this clothing means anything in particular, other than the fact that it is cool weather clothing, and the time that she went missing was late October of 2005."...

"Without the serial number, we don't have anything to go on, and we're hoping to locate the surgeon that performed the augmentation surgery on Ms. Adams, to see if it might be consistent with what he was using," said GBI spokesman John Bankhead....

11Alive's Kevin Rowson talked to Leslie's sister on the telephone. After seeing the description of the clothes, she said she does not believe they belong to her sister.

click to read rest

http://www.11alive.com/news/article_news.aspx?storyid=97494&provider=top
Sherry

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One learns something every day. I NEVER in a million years would have thought that breast implants had serial numbers.

Chalking that one down for information that might come in handy later.
Sherry

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, and the clothes were in horrible shape, too. I mean I was really surprised that they showed them on the news because they were horridly decomposed and dirty. I don't think they were recognizable to be honest....
gozgals

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aside from the clothes all, I think the fact Leslie had implants is very telling. I'm pretty sure at this time that it is her they have discovered. It may be sad, but this family needs to know the truth about their daughter and justice needs to be served.

Also, glad to know you learned something Shery about the implants having a number code. I was familiar with that information from some previous experience in another matter.

Gozgals
Sherry

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, a great deal of woman have breast implants here in Atlanta. ;^) Sad but true. The more I think about it the more it makes sense to want to keep tabs on those things.....

I hope this is her, however. We are in the hurry up and wait game now.
rd

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the wait is finally over, Sherry and gozgals. The remains have been identified by DNA match as that of Leslie Adams. See Leslie M. Adams-Age 40-Missing- Georgia-10/21-05.

May she rest in peace.

rd
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: