www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lisa Stebic - Plainfield, ILL Missing 4/30/07
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gozgals

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:38 am    Post subject: Craig's encounter with LE years ago Reply with quote

Last night on Fox's The Line Up, it was discussed how Craig and his dad had an encounter with a Police officer approximately 12 years ago over a poaching incident. The Police officer never forgot both the men, especially Craig. He stated he had to pull his weapon.

Below is a link regarding this interesting article on the incident about Craig, who I am sure made his wife disappear, and an enlighening quote from the article.

Quote:
In his more than 25-year law enforcement career, Michigan Conservation Officer Mike Holmes says October 8, 1995, stands out.

“I think every police officer has individuals that they make contact with in their career that basically makes the hair stand up on the back of your neck, and whether it's the look or the cold stare or whatever that's what I had for Craig,” Holmes said.

http://cbs2chicago.com/local/local_story_152205923.html

If this police officer has never forgotten Craig, it makes one wonder what he is really capable of. Read the link all. I hope this case does not die out. I'm happy to see there was a little bit of coverage. I have also read that psychics are getting involved in Lisa's case.

Hoping we hear some new information on Lisa soon and of an upcoming arrest. It is possible that his dad may have helped him dispose of the body now that I read this article. One never knows since we have witnessed before how families help and stand by their children. A body being recovered or a break in the case would be a relief for Lisa's family at this point in time.

Gozgals
Sherry

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, what's sad is that people fall in love with people like this guy....someone who LE says "this guy makes the hair on the back of my head stand up...."

She loved him, trusted him, and others see nothing but pure evil, she saw a future loving person......

Love is a dangerous thing sometimes.....
rd

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just how dangerous, Lisa found out.

They know he hid her body. They just haven't found her yet.

rd

from cbs2chicago.com (fair use)
http://cbs2chicago.com/westsuburbanbureau/local_story_159190722.html

Source: Cadaver Dogs Hit on Article in Stebic Home
Police Won't Elaborate on What Flesh-Smelling Dogs Found
Mike Puccinelli Reporting
CBS 2
June 8, 2007

(CBS) There was more dramatic new information Friday evening in the Lisa Stebic case.

A source close to the investigation has confirmed cadaver dogs were used inside the Stebic home, and that one of the dogs hit on an unspecified “article.”

CBS 2’s West Suburban Bureau Chief Mike Puccinelli reports that, working with news partner The Naperville Sun, CBS 2 has learned that on two earlier occasions Craig Stebic willingly allowed his home to be searched.

In one of the searches investigators brought in dogs trained to detect the smell of decaying human flesh.

“We did have cadaver dogs in the residence, and that’s all I can say,” Plainfield Police Chief Donald Bennett said.

The information developed by CBS 2 involved the home’s laundry room. But Bennett would not elaborate on what, if anything, the dogs found.

Bennett did say that after more than five weeks of searching unsuccessfully for the missing mother of two, they are now expanding their search area.

“I can’t really share where we’re looking at, but we’re just looking at additional information that’s come across our desk,” he said. “We’re talking outside the village of Plainfield.”

click to read rest
http://cbs2chicago.com/westsuburbanbureau/local_story_159190722.html

You can read more about the developments in Sunday’s Naperville Sun.

© MMVII, CBS Broadcasting Inc.
rd

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting development in Lisa's disappearance, reported by cbs2chicago.com. Her friends hired a psychic, who told them she had a very strong premonition of where to find Lisa.

"Go to Silver Springs State Park in Yorkville, look on the southeast side of the Fox River, go in about 50 to 100 feet and we should find her or some piece or part of her."

What are the odds they would find three bones?

Unknown at this time if Lisa's, or even human, but a friend said he was stunned at finding bones.

Asked what he thought when he found the bones, Zegar said, "My stomach dropped."

Psychic Leads Friends Of Lisa Stebic To Bones
No Word Yet If Bones Are Human Remains
cbs2chicago.com
Mike Puccinelli Reporting
June 12, 2007

click to read story
http://cbs2chicago.com/westsuburbanbureau/local_story_163200032.html

© MMVII, CBS Broadcasting Inc.
gozgals

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew they were working with a psychic but this is just absolutely incredible. I just hope they found Lisa and the family can find peace. I'd like to see Craig arrested. Looking forward to the results.

Just amazing.

Goz
rd

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NBC in Chicago is reporting preliminary results are that they are large animal bones.

Investigators have closed off that part of the park and are searching the area for Lisa.

In the earlier CBS story it was reported that the Stebics visited this park occasionally so there was familiarity with it. It would seem to be the type of place that the ex would hide Lisa's body but I think he would have placed her in a dumpster somewhere around the school where he said she probably went with someone.

I think he would have tried to pass off her death to this unknown stranger he made up.

rd
gozgals

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:22 am    Post subject: Police Analyze New DNA Found in Home Reply with quote

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,285473,00.html?sPage=fnc.national/crime

I don't know if this link has been posted or discussed. See story below or click link for rest of story.

<snip>
Police Analyze New DNA Found in Home of Missing Illinois Mom Lisa Stebic
Thursday, June 21, 2007

Lisa Stebic
Authorities are awaiting more DNA results from materials seized from the home of missing Illinois mom Lisa Stebic.

A source close to the investigation told FOX News that one round of testing has been completed, but the lab needed additional samples. Plainfield, Ill., police expect to have the results of that testing soon.

Stebic, 38, was last seen the evening of April 30. Her husband, Craig, told police he was in the backyard -- and the couple’s two children were not at the house -- when he thought someone picked his wife up for an exercise class. Her cell phone and credit cards have not been used since. Lisa and Craig Stebic were living in the same house but were in the midst of a divorce and rarely spoke.

Police have not yet named either a suspect or a person of interest in the case.

The source close to the investigation told FOX News that authorities intend to search a particular area of a local state park frequented by Craig Stebic, who often fishes there. It’s this park that was searched by co-workers of Lisa Stebic’s after a psychic told them they may find something there. But only animal bones were found.

<snip>
rd

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Police are asking for volunteers for July 7 to search a large state park about 20 miles from Plainfield where Lisa disappeared.

This is a good move. Quite frankly, you have to do this early and often when a woman disappears. Hoping to smoke out the ex with DNA searches and getting a confession and revealing where he hid her body isn't going to cut it.

rd

from chicagotribune.com (fair use)
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-070628stebicjun28,1,7264170.story?coll=chi-news-hed

Volunteers sought in new search for missing mom
Tribune staff report
June 28, 2007

Plainfield police are seeking volunteers to comb through the high weeds and dense woods of a state park near Yorkville on July 7 as part of the investigation into the disappearance of Lisa Stebic.

Stebic, a 37-year-old mother of two, was last seen by her husband, Craig, at their Plainfield home April 30.

Authorities want to search Silver Springs State Park, a nearly 1,400-acre area about 20 miles west of Plainfield.

The search was announced more than a week in advance to allow volunteers to prepare themselves for the rugged terrain.

Volunteers are asked to meet at the Kendall County Fairgrounds' main entrance off Highpoint Road at 9 a.m. for registration and a safety briefing.

click to read article
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-070628stebicjun28,1,7264170.story?coll=chi-news-hed

Copyright © 2007, Chicago Tribune
rd

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chicago Sun-Times is reporting that Craig Stebic was named a person of interest in Lisa's disappearance.

They always hold off on doing that as it affects questioning, but he wasn't talking to them anyway.

rd

Police: Craig Stebic now focus of investigation
Chicago Sun-Times
July 12, 2007

http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/466138,stebic071207.article
gozgals

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we all have known all along that Craig was a POI but I'm so happy it has been broadcast and he has been named as of now. Maybe there will be an arrest soon.

Goz
rd

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Police are looking into using the powers of the grand jury to be able to ask Lisa's children what they saw before she disappeared because her ex refuses to let the police talk to them.

That is perhaps the saddest commentary on that sorry excuse for a human being there could be.

rd

from www.wbbm780.com (fair use)
http://www.wbbm780.com/pages/888881.php?contentType=4&contentId=866953

Stebic Children To Go Before Grand Jury?
August 31, 2007

(WBBM) - Police looking into the disappearance of a Plainfield woman may be moving toward bringing her children before an investigative panel.

Lisa Stebic disappeared four months ago, on April 30.

Now, Plainfield police apparently are discussing with the State's Attorney's office whether they'll have to move to bring Lisa's children before a grand jury.

Lisa's husband, Craig, has refused to talk to police or let the children be questioned, he says, on advice from his attorney.

Melanie Greenburg, Lisa's cousin, says the children were two of the last people to see their mother the day she disappeared, and they may have seen something they don't even realize might help in the investigation.

On the Net: www.findlisastebic.com

Copyright 2007 by WBBM
gozgals

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:16 pm    Post subject: Prosecutors Consider Subpoenas for Children Reply with quote

More on the link you posted above RD from today's news.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,295713,00.html

<snip>
Prosecutors Consider Subpoenas for Children of Missing Chicago Mom Lisa Stebic
Tuesday, September 04, 2007

CHICAGO — Prosecutors could subpoena missing suburban Chicago mom Lisa Stebic's two young children to help provide information about her disappearance nearly four months ago, according to a report.

Stebic's daughter, 11, and son, 12, were the last to see her alive on April 30, along with her husband, Craig Stebic.

“Obviously, it would be in the best interest of the children to not have to go before a grand jury and possibly be traumatized in such a big, scary environment in a courtroom like that but we understand that police have to do what they have to do," said Melanie Greenburg, Lisa's cousin.

Click here for a video report on MyFoxChicago.com.

Police plan to meet with prosecutors this week to decide what to do next. They recently discussed using a neutral child advocate to interview the children instead of having them testify before a grand jury, but Craig Stebic and his lawyer declined.

Craig Stebic said he was working in the backyard of the family's Plainfield, Ill., home, and the children were out, when Lisa Stebic disappeared. Police named Craig Stebic a person of interest in the disappearance of his wife in July.

Former Florida prosecutor Ken Padowitz said while it is unusual to subpoena children, investigators need all information available to get to the bottom of the case.

“Clearly, every rock should be turned over and examined and looked at to help solve this case. And if that means that the children need to be subpoenaed, then absolutely the subpoenas should be issued and investigators should question those children,” Padowitz said.

Meanwhile, Lisa's family is considering putting up billboards in Wisconsin to seek information about her disappearance, which offers a $64,000 reward.
<snip>
gozgals

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:35 pm    Post subject: Transcript from Nancy Grace on Lisa 9/3 Reply with quote

Scroll down second story

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0709/03/ng.01.html
rd

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shades of Gary Condit and brother Darrell. This brings a whole new element of how and when Lisa was moved, or moved again, just as I believe happened with Chandra.

rd

from www.suntimes.com (fair use)
http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/567274,stebic092007.article

Craig Stebic's brother arrested
Chcago Sun-Times
September 20, 2007

While Craig Stebic remains a person of interest in the disappearance of his wife, his older brother has been arrested on several outstanding warrants from Lake County.

Scott Stebic, 44, of the 13000 block of Red Star Drive in Plainfield, was arrested Thursday morning on four outstanding warrants, according to a release from Plainfield police.

The charges on the warrants from Lake County include failure to appear for a DUI, possession of a firearm with expired identification card and failure to attend a court-mandated drug and alcohol awareness class, Plainfield Police Chief Donald Bennett said Thursday.

The fourth warrant, issued by Highland Park police, was for a trespassing charge, the release said.

Bennett said police were aware of the warrants against Scott Stebic and made the arrest when they learned he was staying at the home of his brother, Craig Stebic, 41.

Craig Stebic is still considered a person of interest in the disappearance of his wife, Lisa Stebic, who was last seen at their Plainfield home on April 30, and has been the subject of intense search efforts in the months since.

Scott Stebic was being held in the Will County Adult Detention Facility in Joliet on Thursday afternoon, pending transfer to the Lake County Jail in Waukegan.

click to read story
http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/567274,stebic092007.article

© Copyright 2007 Sun-Times News Group
gozgals

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree Rd on the Condit post.

The Stebic brothers seem like a bunch of losers.

Wish we would get some answers on where Lisa is and they would arrest Craig. That would make me happy.

This guy just vibes me the wrong way. Want to see him put away for a long time. I know in my heart, as many do, he is guilty and good for Lisa's disappearance.

Goz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: