www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lisa Stebic - Plainfield, ILL Missing 4/30/07
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rd

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

from websleuths concerning searching the ex's vehicles:

I doubt very seriously that there was any blood, and I'm sure he would have wrapped her body in something that doesn't leave a lot of trace fibers. They won't find forensics in his car, same as with Theresa and any other planned disappearance.

Of course with an abduction and assault as with Dru Sjodin, or an unplanned assault as with Nina Reiser, then forensics are found even though the killers tried to clean it.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

from websleuths.com

fran wrote, concerning searches of the ex's vehicles: ...dna from a tear in the console of a car, placing the victim there.

Fran, the problem with these ex's disappearances is that the missing woman's DNA will be expected to be everywhere they search.

Now blood is a different matter, although I've seen some pathetic posts (always from men) concerning Nina Reiser's blood said to be found in the ex's car and on a wall where they were arguing when she dropped off the kids for his night with them.

So even blood makes no difference to men like that and defense lawyers. Fortunately juries usually contain a better breed of people.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

from websleuths

fran wrote:
I guess my post was a little confusing. In that particular case, the victim didn't even know the perp and he said he didn't do the crime, yet they found the victim's dna and fingerprints in his car, well.........as well as HIS dna on the victim. I think I used a bad example.

No, it really isn't. That's the normal situation with most crimes, but with ex's no matter what DNA you find other than blood it's to be expected. Even in the trunk, it's like, ok, it's the family car, so what?

Blood you're not going to find in these planned ex disappearances. Same as with SP, just roll them up in something and dump them somewhere. No trail of blood or any other suspicious DNA.

Sure, you hope they find something, but the DNA thing with missing women and a sikent ex is a problem. It doesn't matter that you find it.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds to me like the ex didn't know Lisa sent that paperwork to her lawyer when he filed for sole custody, but that he felt it was imminent and had to make her disappear before she could do it.

By filing for sole custody so quickly it would appear he didn't know about the paperwork. He might have and not cared, but I just think he would have addressed the paperwork in some manner when filing, or not filed so quickly with the "she might come back and take them" routine, had he known.

I could be wrong, but that would explain the timing.

rd

HeraldNewsOnline.com

Lisa filed to evict husband
May 16, 2007
By JANET LUNDQUIST Staff Writer

The day she disappeared, Lisa Stebic mailed a petition to her attorney looking to temporarily evict her husband Craig, saying he was verbally abusive and that his “extreme behavior” directly affected the best interests of their children. That information was included in a petition filed today as a response to Craig Stebic’s motion for temporary custody of the couple’s two children.

The day she disappeared, Lisa Stebic mailed a petition to oust her husband from their home while their divorce was pending so she and her children could "live in peace."

Signed on the last page in neat cursive, Lisa Stebic's petition for temporary eviction of her spouse, Craig, states he was being "unnecessarily relentless, cruel, inconsiderate, domineering and verbally abusive." His behavior was "jeopardizing the mental well-being" of their children, she said.

She felt his verbal abuse was affecting her mental and physical well-being, according to her petition.

Craig Stebic's attorney, Dion Davi, said as far as he knew Craig did not know Lisa was mailing the petition.

(snip)

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/heraldnews/index.html
rd

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel that Lisa did not know in advance that her ex's project would be over May 1 and he could be home for a few weeks, and as soon as she found out worked up the filing. There was no way she could be safe at home with him there all the time. That I believe explains the timing of sending the paperwork to her lawyer the day she disappeared, April 30.

From all available information, the day was normal other than that. Lisa left work, dropped by a sub shop where she was a weekly regular to pick up a sandwich, and would normally from there pick up her son at 3:30 from the elementary school.

The ex arrived home as normal around 5:40. It appears to me that when Lisa did leave the house at 4:00 as reported by neighbors, it was with the kids after they got home from school to go to the counseling for them and herself, or to see friends with them, as has been reported.

When she went to the gym, she was said to be there from about 6 to closing at 8:30, about three or four nights a week. This would be waiting with the kids till the ex got home, then leaving for the gym.

On Monday, there is the issue of timing when the ex got home. He obviously sent the kids away to a store that Lisa would never have allowed to get them out of the way, but he would have to do this without Lisa knowing and before Lisa could leave. My guess is he went inside, checked that she was in her bedroom or something, then gathered the kids and sent them on their way.

I see no possibility of him being able to find out she sent the paperwork off that day after coming home from work. She would virtually have to announce it to him when he walked in the door. Even if they were barely speaking about domestic requirements, she wouldn't do that.

I also think that Monday, April 30, was in a way a last chance for him to do this while being in a somewhat normal situation. The next day would be the last day to go to work for awhile. Were she to disappear even one day later, he would be at home without even having the appearance of going to work.

That would be very suspicious for her to disappear with him being at home not working. So Monday evening was the last chance.

I'm sure he strangled her, wrapped her in something, and hid her, to take her later that night and dump her body. Then no doubt he was in the backyard when the children got home, and their mother would be gone as normal for the evening. There would be no alarm from them.

I do see the last day of the job he was on of May 1 as being the catalyst for both her filing for his eviction and his decision to end her life. If not directly knowing about her preparing paperwork to file, he probably sensed it coming. But I do think he thought he stopped her in time.

Reviewing the details of Lisa's disappearance sadly brings to mind Chandra Levy's disappearance. The dates of April 30, an evening at the gym, and disappearance on May 1 are sadly the same.

Only Chandra did make it to the gym, and Lisa didn't.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JBean is reporting on websleuths.com (fair use)

CBS) Plainfield, Ill. There's a new lead in the disappearance of Lisa Stebic; it comes as friends and families mark the missing woman's birthday.

CBS 2's Northwest Indiana Bureau Chief Pamela Jones reports on what detectives found in Plainfield.

The Naperville Sun is quoting an unnamed police source saying police found a tarp in Craig Stebic's truck which has tested positive for his wife Lisa Stebic's blood.

more:

The Naperville Sun is reporting that a tarp investigators confiscated from Stebic's home as evidence has tested positive for Lisa Stebic's blood and that evidence sparked a judge to approve a search warrant on the home executed Monday.

"It's extremely painful and difficult," said Mark Greenberg Lisa Stebic's cousin. We've been contacting and discussing what's been going on with police. We've asked them to tell as much as they can to us without jeopardizing the investigation. This is news to us."

http://cbs2chicago.com/local/local_story_139213821.html
rd

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wrong about not finding any blood on whatever Lisa was wrapped with. Having that in the house is very puzzling to me, but he must have not thought anything was on it.

This is great news for justice for Lisa, bad news for Lisa's loved ones.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

from websleuths.com

Liz wrote:
rd - That's an eerie coincidence about Chandra's and Lisa's date of disappearance matching.

It really is eerie, Liz. I didn't notice how eerie until I reviewed the info tonight and saw the gym manager say she didn't make it there that evening, April 30, and saw she was reported missing May 1.

Very eerie.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, since now whatever damage the leak could do has been done, in my opinion if blood DNA from Lisa had been found there would have been an instant arrest and charge, no two ways about it. I think was a calculated leak, not a blabbermouth technician, and the ex knew there wasn't any blood from Lisa on that tarp and wasn't worried enough to give a helpful reaction, again just my opinion.

I can't believe there was any blood to start with, but whatever Lisa was wrapped in she stayed wrapped in. The too cheap to throw the tarp wrapped around Lisa away I doubt very much.

They obviously don't have any DNA evidence like that, else they would have arrested and charged him. He didn't react helpfully for the investigation to a leak that he had, so investigators are sadly probably back to square one, trying to find Lisa's remains.

I agree with all who thought aspects of the cabin trip, hunting if recent as was said, and backyard "weeding" when she disappeared were calculated to make a forensic investigation very difficult by being able to explain away trace materials that might have been found.

I of course hope I'm wrong.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went and checked MapQuest distance from Plainfield MI to Alpha MI in the UP. 500 miles and 8 hours each way. He couldn't have done that after the kids went to bed. Did he have that kind of time later in the ensuing days to take Lisa's remains up there, and no one knowing it?

I don't understand the repeated searches of the cabin property area. Isn't it more likely she was put in a dumpster somewhere in the school area so that if found it could be argued by a defense lawyer she was attacked in that area?

rd
gozgals

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 12:44 am    Post subject: Husband denied custody Reply with quote

Lisa's husband was denied custody of the children. Happy to know the judge is not an idiot and is paying attention. Craig had some nerve to file for custody and to try to pull a move such as this one, claiming she will try to sneak back and take the kids.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,274637,00.html

snip>
Husband of Missing Illinois Mom Lisa Stebic Not Granted Sole Custody of Children
Tuesday, May 22, 2007

FOXNews.com/Courtesy of the Plainfield, Ill, Police Department

Lisa Stebic, who was last seen around 6 p.m. April 30, at her home.
JOLIET, Ill. — The husband of missing Illinois mom Lisa Stebic was denied sole custody of the couple's two children Tuesday.

Craig Stebic's lawyer, Dion Davi, filed the legal motion after Lisa disappeared, arguing that his client was afraid that if and when Lisa ever came back, she may take off again, this time, with the children — Alexis, 12, and Zachary, 10. In family court on Tuesday, Davi argued that while Lisa has been missing for three weeks, she has not assisted with any parenting responsibilities.
snip>
rd

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, we're breaking into new territory now with silent ex's. Not only is Lisa's ex silent, he refuses to allow the police to talk to her children, who are witnesses to her last moments before disappearing.

That alone should be grounds for throwing him in prison for the rest of his unnatural life.

rd

Craig Stebic Won't Let Police Talk To Kids
Court TV Anchor Says Foul Play Was Likely In Lisa Stebic's Disappearance
CBS2Chicago.com
May 24, 2007

(CBS/Naperville Sun) PLAINFIELD, Ill. Investigators in Plainfield say Craig Stebic will not let them talk to his children about their mother's disappearance, and that he is no longer speaking to authorities himself....

Craig Stebic is no longer talking to police on the advice of his attorney.

He has also refused to allow police to question 12-year-old Lexi and 10-year-old Zach since investigators initially interviewed them just after their mom was reported missing May 1.

Deputy Chief Mark Eiting said Craig, as the children's legal guardian, can prohibit police from interviewing them.
"He has the right as the parent to not let us talk to the children," Eiting said.

But the Plainfield police do feel that the kids could be instrumental in the search for Lisa.

"I feel confident that the 10- and 12-year-old children want us to find the whereabouts of their mom," Plainfield Police Commander Mike Altenhoff told CBS 2....

The neighbor said she and many of her neighbors are concerned about Lexi and Zach continuing to live with Craig.
"I'm really scared for those children and that's really what everyone says, too," she said. "Who knows if he's going to snap with those children in the house."

Lisa Stebic disappeared the same day she petitioned for Craig to be evicted from the home.

click to read rest

http://cbs2chicago.com/westsuburbanbureau/local_story_144075319.html
rd

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is an incredible story from Joe Hosey of the HeraldNewsOnline (part of the Sun-Times News Group). Only 14 years later there is an exact replay in Plainfield, with the ex's saying the same thing, and the same thing as for example Theresa Parker's ex.

Here's a big clue to silent ex's. When the woman has left you, and it's not hard to see why with these bozo's, it's no longer called an affair, it's called she moved on. You don't own her, and you don't have the right to make her disappear because she won't put up with your crap anymore.

Of course, if you cared about anything like that, you wouldn't be a silent ex with a woman who disappeared.

Note that this Plainfield missing woman was found only two blocks from her car in an empty overgrown lot, but it took four years to find her.

rd

from heraldnewsonline.com (fair use)

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/heraldnews/news/403333,4_1_JO27_STRAMA_S1.article

Village mystery revisited
PLAINFIELD CASE
May 27, 2007
By JOE HOSEY Staff Writer

Lisa Stebic, Plainfield mother of two, vanishes, and within weeks her husband complains the police are squeezing him for a confession.

If anybody can empathize with the husband of Lisa Stebic, it is the husband of Inge Strama, Plainfield mother of two.

Inge Strama disappeared in July 1993. While the police never came out and named her husband, Frank Strama, as a suspect in the case, he believed he was the focus of their scrutiny.

"Statistically, it is the husband that's involved a lot of the time," he said a year after his wife vanished. "I was a suspect, and I was interrogated several times."

Maybe he was interrogated, and maybe he was the target of the police investigation. But that's where it ended. Fourteen years later, Frank Strama is still a free man. He lives in the same Indian Boundary Road home as when his wife went missing, although he is alone now.

His two sons moved out, and his wife never came back; they found her decomposed remains in an overgrown, empty lot in southwest suburban Worth in August 1997.

The Cook County Medical Examiner's Office tentatively identified Inge Strama by an engraved wedding ring found at the scene. They later confirmed the bones recovered at the scene were indeed those of Inge Strama through dental records. But to this day, the cause of the vanished woman's death remains undetermined.

Met at his Indian Boundary Road home last week, Frank Strama said he had no interest in discussing the circumstances surrounding his wife's disappearance in 1993. That was not the case when she was still missing and he was claiming the police had him pegged as the man who made her that way.

"I hold her responsible for wrecking my life," he said of the woman he married in 1971 and divorced, alleging "mental cruelty," while she was missing, in 1995.

Frank Strama, now 68, claimed his missing wife had become embroiled in an extramarital affair with a coworker at Elkay Manufacturing in Oak Brook.

"I got pissed one day and threw my wedding ring away," he said in 1994.

"He stole my wife from me," Strama said of the other man. "I do suspect that was part of her problem."

If Inge Strama had run off with another man, the couple did not run far. And the end of the affair must have occurred in the weedy lot about two blocks from where Inge Strama's car was found parked at a strip mall a matter of hours after she was reported missing by her husband.

Police at the time said they did not share Strama's theory that his wife took off with another man. And if Inge Strama was carrying on an affair, she would have had to find time to fit it in with her full-time job, night school at Lewis University, and raising her two teenage sons.

The last day she was seen alive, Inge Strama was to have gone to her job in Oak Brook in the morning, served jury duty in Joliet that afternoon and attended classes at Lewis University in Romeoville at night. She apparently did not make it to any of her obligations.

A mysterious telephone call did come into the jury commission the morning of Inge Strama's disappearance. A woman speaking with a European accent, as Strama did, identified herself as the Plainfield woman. The caller claimed her mother had died in Germany and she would be unable to serve on the jury. Inge Strama was excused from duty.

Inge Strama's mother did, in fact, live in Germany but was still quite alive when her daughter disappeared. It is not known who made the call to the jury commission.

It took more than four years for Inge Strama to turn up, and even then, the law was not able to do much about it. The Worth Police Department, which took over the case from the Plainfield police after the remains were found in their jurisdiction, could not even determine whether Inge Strama was the victim of a homicide or a suicide.

Worth police Detective Lt. Martin Knolmayer did not respond to numerous requests in the last two weeks to elaborate on the investigation.

Plainfield Police Chief Don Bennett, who also was the chief when Inge Strama vanished in 1993, was willing to discuss the case. Unfortunately, the files, along with a great deal of the department's other paperwork, was destroyed in the Great Flood of 1996, he said.

Still, Bennett did see the parallels to the 27-day-old Stebic disappearance.

"It was a similar thing where he (Frank Strama) was the last person to see her," Bennett said.

Craig Stebic, husband of missing Lisa, says he last saw his wife April 30. Craig Stebic has not accused his wife of stepping out on the marriage, but the two are in the midst of a divorce. While the couple is estranged, they share the same residence on Red Star Drive.

Where Inge Strama left behind her purse and passport, Lisa Stebic supposedly took along her purse and cellular telephone. But even if she did, there has been no activity on her credit cards or her phone.

Stebic supposedly posted a letter to her attorney the day she disappeared to have her husband removed from their home. She reportedly alleged in the letter that Craig Stebic was "unnecessarily relentless, cruel, inconsiderate, domineering and verbally abusive."

Since then, police have served a search warrant at the Stebic home, Craig Stebic is no longer speaking with investigators and he will not let his children talk to them either.

In four more days, Lisa Stebic will be gone for the entire month of May. By the time Inge Strama was missing for a full month, a task force of four full-time investigators had been slashed to one man and the deluge of telephone tips flooding the police station dwindled to a trickle.

Eventually, the whereabouts of Inge Strama, once a public sensation, became a public afterthought.

As with Strama, the interest in the Lisa Stebic saga will wane with time. As will the hope of her return, and possibility that there will someday be answers to where she went.

In the words of former Worth Police Chief Frank Gilbert after Inge Strama was located in 1997: "It's not an easy thing, over four years. Pieces (are all we have) really. It's like a jigsaw puzzle."

One the police never could get put together.

Contact Joe Hosey at (815) 729-6054 or e-mail him at jhosey@scn1.com
gozgals

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ex's all seem to follow the same script when it comes to their wives going missing. It just seems to be the same story from them time and time again. All we are missing here is the father/mother standing by their sides, shouting from the rooftops about their sons innocence!

Very interesting article Rd, thanks. Of Course, she "RUINED HIS LIFE", that is just Chapter 2 of the saga of the ex.

Gozgals
rd

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A horrible news update of another woman found near Plainfield, believe it or not, at the entrance of a horse trail. Two horseback riders found her.

This is a grisly death. There is truly a monster running loose who did this.

rd

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/heraldnews/news/404473,4_1_JO28_BODY_S1.article
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: