www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lisa Stebic - Plainfield, ILL Missing 4/30/07
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gozgals

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 1:30 pm    Post subject: Lisa Stebic - Plainfield, ILL Missing 4/30/07 Reply with quote

I just heard this on Fox News this morning. It appears she was going through an amicable divorce with her husband and there weren't any Problems related to the proceedings.

Lisa Stebic
Missing since April 30, 2007

Description:

5' 2" tall,
120 pounds, with brown hair and hazel eyes.
She has two visible tattoos, a small rose on her ankle
and a large butterfly on her lower back.

Gozgals
gozgals

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 1:35 pm    Post subject: Lisa's Website Reply with quote

http://www.findlisastebic.com/

(Some Information from the website)

She is Missing &
We Need YOUR Help
to find her!
PLEASE call the Plainfield
Police Department at
815-267-7217
with ANY information
- anonymous or not -
It could save her life!

Lisa Stebic has been missing since Monday, April 30th. She was
last seen at her home at around 6 pm. Her car is still in her
garage and she has her cell phone and wallet with her.
According to police her cell phone has not been used since
Monday. Lisa would never leave her children.

Gozgals
gozgals

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 1:44 pm    Post subject: from fox news Reply with quote

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,270106,00.html

Illinois Police Search for Missing Mom; Husband Thinks Someone Picked Her Up for Exercise Class
Saturday, May 05, 2007
FOXNews.com/Courtesy of the Plainfield, Ill, Police Department

Lisa Stebic, who was last seen around 6 p.m. April 30, at her home.
PLAINFIELD, Ill. — Police in Plainfield, Ill., are investigating the disappearance of a mother who has been missing since Monday.

Authorities said that so far there are no signs of foul play.

Lisa Stebic, 37, of Plainfield — an upscale community 20 miles west of Chicago — was last seen early Monday evening.

Her husband, 41-year-old Craig Stebic, said he was working in the backyard and their young children were out when his wife disappeared, according to The Chicago Tribune.

"I can't see her leaving her kids," Craig Stebic told the Tribune. "She's a good mother. She'd do anything for her kids."

Lisa Stebic worked out at the Plainfield North High School track every night, according to the newspaper. Her husband believes someone picked her up. She took only her purse and cell phone; her cell phone and credit cards haven't been used since Monday.

"The last time Lisa was seen was around 6 p.m. Monday," Plainfield Deputy Police Chief Mark Eiting told FOXNews.com on Friday. "We're still interviewing people who were friends and acquaintances."

Eiting said the children, who are 10 and 12 years old, were home when Lisa returned from work that day, but were not there when she vanished. He also said that no suspicious cars or people were seen near the Stebic home around the time of Lisa's disappearance.

"We're asking the community for their help," Eiting said.

Authorities hope that someone will see Lisa's picture and call police, said Eiting, "or if Lisa sees somebody has been looking for her, she will contact family or friends or the police department."

Click here to read the entire Chicago Tribune report

Investigators were aware of an Internet posting she made on April 11 looking for "female friends only" to join her in exercise, he said. She listed her "goals" as "increase cardio, tone up, simply get out more, meet new people, just have fun."

"I am a parent and would like to include my children in my health activities," she wrote in the posting, in which she said she was "looking for partners to get out and enjoy nature."

Eiting told FOXNews.com that Craig Stebic voluntarily handed over the family computer to police. Authorities still have it in their possession.

"We're actively looking at all leads," Eiting said when asked if police are still searching the computer for any clues.

Craig Stebic said he filed for divorce after 14 years of marriage in January when his wife declared in October that she "didn't want to be married to me anymore," the Tribune reported. Since then, he said, they've lived separate lives in the same house and have not spoken more than five words to each other in five months.

Police were called to the Stebic house once in December during a domestic dispute, according to the Tribune.

Eiting told the paper that it was a "nonviolent domestic trouble call, so it was a verbal altercation between Lisa and her husband. No arrests, no battery."

Eiting confirmed to FOXNews.com that the Stebics were going through a divorce and said Craig Stebic was fully cooperating with the investigation.

In 1995, Craig Stebic was charged with two felony counts of unlawful use of a weapon after police stopped his vehicle about 1,000 feet south of two Lincolnshire schools at 9 in the morning, according to the Tribune.

Police found a 10-gauge double-barrel shotgun, a .44 magnum semi-automatic pistol, a Ruger Mini-14 assault rifle and an AK-47 semi-automatic assault rifle in his 1998 Toyota pickup.

He was also charged with four misdemeanor counts of unlawful use of a weapon, operating an unsafe motor vehicle and driving while his license was revoked, according to the Tribune.

Comments: I already don't like the husband for this. His gun hx, plus his one verbal domestic abuse charge. He also has a rather extensive assault charge hx. This certainly doesn't sound like a friendly divorce as I heard in the media, "no words spoken between them!"

She did not just disappear during her exercise routine. Sounds like Chandra's case or the Hacking case.....

Gozgals
rd

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, not another one. This is similar to recent Tara Grant case where husband says someone picked her up. She was found in garage dismembered.

Also, current Theresa Parker case ex says he thinks she went off with someone else, but not while he was there.

My thoughts are there should be cell phone and/or email communications with someone who would be picking her up. I think that will tell a lot about that potential. It will take a bit of time to get those records but I'm sure they started on that immediately.

Also will be important to hear if Lisa said anything to her children about who she might be working out with. Lots more info needed on this, in my opinion.

Thanks for the heads up, goz.

rd
gozgals

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your welcome Rd-- we will have to keep digging for more information on this sad case. There are a few links on the website to read too. I think Greta discussed this case tonight but I missed the program. I will look for transcripts in the next few days.

Gozgals
gozgals

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 9:13 pm    Post subject: update Reply with quote

Note, also I heard on the news the hubby refused a poly now. Figures! What does he have to hide? I knew he looked good for this disappearance, sorry I always am jaded. One gets that way after you see this happen time after time.

http://cbs2chicago.com/westsuburbanbureau/local_story_127191716.html

May 7, 2007 10:02 pm US/Central

Search For Missing Plainfield Woman Goes National

(CBS) PLAINFIELD, Ill. For seven days family and friends have turned up no signs of Lisa Stebic and Monday night her cousin and the Plainfield police chief took their search to a national level.

Appearing on Fox News Channel they expressed their concern for the missing mother of two. A $20,000 reward was also announced and the chief expressed his displeasure in Stebic's husband's unwillingness to take a polygraph test.

Apparently Craig Stebic agreed to take that polygraph test on Tuesday, but the chief told Fox News Channel that Monday night he received a call indicating Craig Stebic would not take the polygraph.

Lisa Stebic and her husband lived in the same house, but he says they hadn't spoken in months. The couple has two elementary-school-aged children, and they were in the process of getting divorced.

Lisa was last seen by her husband a week ago Monday evening. He says she left their Plainfield home around 6 o'clock. The next day police got a call from her friends that she had not shown up for work.

Since then family and friends have been looking for the 37-year-old woman.

Lisa Stebic worked at a local elementary school and as CBS 2 West Suburban Bureau Chief Mike Puccinelli reports, her co-workers were speaking out Monday.

A police officer went to Lincoln Elementary school in Plainfield to talk with her colleagues at the school's lunch program.

Betty Stubner wanted to say a few words about a boss she'd come to love.

“She was a good person… she used to call me her second mother,” Stubner said.

It is with heavy hearts that they now clean up the kitchen that Stebic used to run.

“It's depressing. It's hard. It’s very hard,” Stubner said. “You come here and you're waiting for her to come in with her big water container and her smile.”

Sunday more than 100 volunteers fanned out to search and pass out flyers near Stebic’s home, again with no success.

Police spent the day interviewing relatives, friends and acquaintances and reviewing information gathered from Stebic’s computer.

Deputy Chief Mark Eiting of the Plainfield Police Department said Craig Stebic is not a suspect or a person of interest at this point.

Tuesday the Plainfield police are expected to announce that $20,000 reward locally in the hopes that someone with information will come forward.
rd

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another silent ex. We can't help but be jaded after seeing so many.

rd
gozgals

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 2:45 pm    Post subject: Lisa feared her husband, Interesting Reply with quote

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/napervillesun/news/374981,6_1_NA08_MISSING_S1.article

<snip>
'She feared her husband'
Missing woman in midst of divorce; husband is not a suspect - at this time

May 8, 2007
By Paige Winfield Staff Writer
A darker picture emerged Monday in the case of a missing Plainfield woman in the midst of a divorce.

Several friends of Lisa Stebic say she was frightened by her husband, Craig, and was attending counseling at the Guardian Angel Home of Joliet - an agency that provides services to battered women.

A volunteer holds a flier with a picture of Lisa Stebic, the Plainfield woman missing since April 30.

"I don't know how many times I heard her say she feared her husband," said Amer Zegar, who, along with his wife, hosted Lisa and her two children at his home several times since January.

Craig Stebic says the last time he saw his wife was around 6 p.m. April 30 when she left the house with her purse and cell phone. It was not unusual for Lisa to spend her evenings working out at Plainfield North High School.

After she didn't return that night, a neighbor reported her missing the next morning.

Lisa worked at Lincoln Elementary School in Plainfield. Craig Stebic works as a mechanic. He has not been to work since Lisa was reported missing.

"I don't know where or what or who she's with - I don't know what to think," Craig Stebic said.

Lisa, 37, was in the thick of a troubled relationship with Craig Stebic, who had filed for divorce in January. Friends say she would sleep on the living room sofa, where she kept a purse with her personal belongings constantly by her side.

She found ways to leave the house whenever her husband was home, and on four occasions took her 10-year-old son and 12-year-old daughter on visits to the Zegars' home.

There, Lisa met a 45-year-old friend of the Zegars, with whom she went on a few dates while still living with Craig Stebic, Zegar said.

Zegar and others who know Lisa say she was suffering verbal abuse from her husband, but would never have willingly left her home and her children for a long period of time.

"She didn't want to leave her house and her kids," Zegar said.
<snip>

comments:
Now the truth comes out. Her friends knew she wanted to escape her husband, she going to counseling for battered woman, and she feared for her life. We now can see Craig in a different light and I'm concentrating on him as the prime suspect even though the police are not calling him that. It is also possible she would risk running away from him, but I don't think she would leave everything behind, esp. her kids. This is not a popular or probable theory. No wonder why she never spoke with him. We could only imagine what really went on behind those closed doors.

Gozgals

Last edited by gozgals on Thu May 10, 2007 1:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
gozgals

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 2:54 pm    Post subject: HUSBAND IS COOPERATING with Police Reply with quote

I guess this is the other side of the story, Craig Stebics side where he answers back to the questions surrounding what has been stated about him. He also states he is willing to take a polygraph, BUT on the advice of his ATTY. he will not!!! ( of course he won't) There seems to be conflicting reports on what is being said in the media. Craig has not been named as a suspect as of yet, or a person of interest.

gozgals

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/heraldnews/news/376748,4_1_JO09_MISSING_S1.article

<snip>
THE SEARCH FOR STEBIC
POLICE SAY MISSING PLAINFIELD WOMAN'S HUSBAND IS COOPERATING IN ...

May 9, 2007
By JANET LUNDQUIST Staff Writer

PLAINFIELD -- Craig Stebic, whose wife Lisa Stebic has made national headlines since she was reported missing May 1, said he is doing everything he can to cooperate with police investigating her disappearance.

No one has seen Lisa, described as 5-foot-2 and 125 pounds, since she left her house with her purse and cell phone about 6 p.m. April 30.

Craig Stebic walks through his Plainfield home Monday, holding pictures of his wife, Lisa, (left) who has been missing for more than a week.

Her car is still at home. There has been no activity on her cell phone or credit cards since April 30. Police said Tuesday there is still no sign of foul play, no suspects in her disappearance and no leads on her whereabouts.

The couple are divorcing and have rarely spoken in the last six months, Stebic said. Lisa often went out at night but always returned by 10 or 11 p.m.

Television news vans were parked along the street Tuesday afternoon outside Stebic's home on Red Star Drive.

Inside, Craig Stebic, a pipefitter who has not been to work since his wife's disappearance, had a pile of media business cards lined up on his desk, along with a missing person flier with Lisa's picture on it. He didn't answer knocks on the door or telephone calls.

Stebic contradicted recent reports that he refused to cooperate with police. He said he was prepared to take a polygraph test Tuesday morning but that his attorney, who has been serving as his divorce attorney, advised him not to take it.

"I wanted to," he said. "It's not that I don't want to take one. He's telling me not to take one."

Stebic said he continues to cooperate with the investigation, letting officers into his house, answering questions and handing over the family computer to police.

Police Chief Don Bennett confirmed investigators asked Stebic to take the polygraph test and that he declined, but said Stebic has been working with police.

Stebic disagreed with reports that his wife was afraid of him, that he was verbally abusive, and that she had received counseling at a shelter for battered women.

"Why would she still be living here?" he said. "If she was so afraid, why would she leave her kids here?"
<snip>
rd

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He disagrees she was receiving counseling at a battered women's shelter???

He might as well not take a lie detector test.

rd
gozgals

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 1:42 pm    Post subject: Latest News Reply with quote

Friends: Missing Woman's Marriage Was Troubled
One Friend Says Lisa Stebic's Husband Threatened Her Several Times

(CBS) PLAINFIELD, Ill. Friends and neighbors are painting a troubled picture of the broken marriage of Lisa Stebic, who has been missing from her Plainfield home for nine days now.

As CBS 2's Kristyn Hartman reports, friends of Lisa Stebic say her husband threatened her.

Craig Stebic took their two children to a candlelight vigil for their missing mother on Wednesday night.

Lisa Stebic has been missing for nine days, and she left her car behind in the garage with no trace of cell phone or credit card activity since, police said.

She has not been located despite a $20,000 reward, national interest in her case and more than 34,000 hits on the website findlisastebic.com.

Lisa Stebic's cousin said they are trying to keep hope alive as he spoke with CBS 2 about Craig Stebic.

"I think the commitment is there, from what I've seen of Craig – and I spent a good amount of time with him today – he's very troubled by this. He's very broken up," said Mark Greenberg.

But several friends who spoke to CBS 2 news partner the Naperville Sun painted a picture of an extremely troubled marriage.

They say Lisa told them Craig threatened on several occasions that he would kill her and nobody would find her.

"I've heard her say, 'If anything ever happened to me, look towards Craig,'" said Amer Zegar, who, along with his wife, hosted Lisa and her two children at his home several times since January. "I don't want to blame someone who's innocent. (But) we're scared, we really are."

Family members have said the allegations surprised them and that Craig would never hurt his wife.

But Zegar said that, during her visits, Lisa spoke of receiving verbal abuse from her husband and expressed fear of him and his threats.

"(Craig) always said, 'You'll never get nothing, you'll disappear,'" he said.
Zegar and his wife, who declined to be named, said Lisa had been receiving counseling from the Guardian Angel Home in Joliet - a nonprofit organization that provides services for victims of domestic violence and rape.

While not confirming that Lisa is a client of the home, Chief Executive Officer Shelia Schmitz said the organization has been cooperating with the Plainfield Police in their investigation.

"I know her family has come here, and police have come here," Schmitz said.

Craig disagreed with reports that his wife was afraid of him and that she had received counseling at the shelter, speaking Tuesday with the Naperville Sun's partner the Joliet Herald News.

"Why would she still be living here?" he said. "If she was so afraid, why would she leave her kids here?"

Serious Conflicts In Marriage
The couple's 14-year marriage was coming to a rocky end after Craig filed for divorce in January, citing irreconcilable differences. Craig's father, Joe Stebic, who lives in Highland Park, said their strained relationship was obvious during his Christmas visit with Craig, Lisa and their two children: Lexi, 12, and Zac, 10.

"Lisa wouldn't even talk," Joe said. "She'd just come in, look at me and walk away. I thought there was something going on there."

At least by the middle of last year, the couple was experiencing serious conflicts. Friends say Lisa would sleep on the living room sofa, where she kept a purse with her personal belongings constantly by her side.

But Joe puts no fault on his son, whom he describes as "very sociable."

"He's just a happy guy; he gets along with everyone," he said. "That's all there is to it."

He thinks Craig's denials of verbally abusing and threatening Lisa are true.

"Of course, I believe him; he's my son. Wouldn't you believe your own son?" Joe said.

Loyal Father
The weekend before Lisa disappeared, Joe spent three days with Craig and the children at a cabin he has long rented, six miles away from the small town of Alpha, Mich. They laid tile and installed a new bathroom toilet in the Upper Peninsula home, and returned Sunday afternoon.

In Iron County Michigan, Craig's cousin confirmed that sheriff's department investigators on Friday searched the cabin. Plainfield police said they didn't find anything.

An avid hunter in his spare time, Craig is employed as a pipe fitter for Dial Corporation in Montgomery. He grew up in Highland Park, attended Lake County College and then spent a year at Hobart Institute of Welding Technology in Troy, Ohio.

Family First
He and other relatives say there's no way the loyal father could ever bring harm to his wife.
Michelle Stebic, married to Curt Stebic, Craig's first cousin, lives in Crystal Falls, Mich. - only miles away from Joe's cabin. While Lisa and Craig might not have been "lovey dovey," she said the couple seemed to be doing OK.

"I don't see any of the Stebics as being violent," she said. "They all yell, they get loud, and they let you know what they think, but that's it."

The last time Michelle saw Lisa was a few years ago. Michelle said the two women had a good time talking and catching up. Michelle said Lisa would never walk away from her children.

"That's what's got us worried," Michelle said. "Those kids were her life. She was a good mother, and Craig did admire Lisa for that. Many times he said 'I'm glad she's here' to take care of it."

Now, Craig Stebic has filed for sole custody of the two children, even while his estranged wife remains missing.
CBS 2 Legal Analyst Irv Miller said Craig Stebic had made some errors in judgment.

"His first big mistake was to refuse a polygraph," Miller said. "His second is trying to take kids away from mother even though she's not around."

On Wednesday, neither Craig Stebic nor his attorney wanted to discuss his sole custody motion directly.

"The focus does not need to be on him," said Dion Davi, Craig's attorney. "We need to use every [bit] of man power we have in finding Lisa."

Quote:
CBS 2 Legal Analyst Irv Miller said Craig Stebic had made some errors in judgment.

"His first big mistake was to refuse a polygraph," Miller said. "His second is trying to take kids away from mother even though she's not around."

http://cbs2chicago.com/westsuburbanbureau/local_story_130073345.html

So very true, along with the statements Lisa's friends have made. I don't take any of the statements to heart that Craig's dad states in his defense as he is family and probably will stand by his side no matter how this disappearance turns out.

I think filing for custody so early is a big mistake and may provide a clue on how this guy ticks. Why file for custody when we do not know the outcome of the case yet? She has not been gone that long. Sounds fishy to me.

Also, I do not like the fact Lisa felt the need to get counseling at an abuse center. This sheds light on how much was wrong in this home and why I am looking at Craig as the top suspect.

Let us hope Lisa is found soon.

Gozgals

Quote:
"(Craig) always said, 'You'll never get nothing, you'll disappear,'" he said.

Hum!!! And so she has...
gozgals

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 3:23 am    Post subject: From Nancy Grace Reply with quote

Moved

Rd: I can't believe this--

I heard on Nancy Grace tonight that Craig had to file for temporary custody as he said (GET THIS) that if Lisa is alive she might sneak back into the house and steal the kids!!

Also: if he is cooperating with LE how come he won't let them interview the children? He won't because he gave them money to buy candy after they saw their mom and when they returned She Was Gone. This could be part of the Timeline...

I mean there is something really wrong with this picture and this guy. He had to have taken part in her disappearance. He has a few screws missing.

The segment was rather short as they were concentrating on a long story that just came in tonight on a case of neglect.

Gozgals
rd

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given the little time he had, I suspect he would have put Lisa's body in a large dumpster close to the school track where she worked out.

He also may have just hidden her body in whatever storage place they may have at the house, backyard, garage, whatever, as Tara Grant's ex did, and then moved her to a dumpster after the kids went to bed.

I think he would have wanted any discovery of her body to be linked to an attack while jogging, as was claimed in Chandra's case.

rd

click to read the online true crime mystery novel Murder on a Horse Trail: The Disappearance of Chandra Levy

www.justiceforchandra.com home page
gozgals

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update from the Herald News

May 12

<Snip>

DIVERS TAKING UP STEBIC SEARCH
LAW ENFORCEMENT IS BROADENING THE SEARCH FOR A PLAINFIELD MOM MISSING SINCE APRIL 30

May 12, 2007
By JANET LUNDQUIST Staff Writer
PLAINFIELD -- Police and fire personnel from nine area agencies dove into the retention ponds near Lisa Stebic's house Friday, but found nothing related to her disappearance.

Lisa Stebic, 37, was reported missing May 1. Her car is still at home, and police say there has been no activity on her cell phone or credit cards since April 30, when she was last seen about 6 p.m.

Divers from Plainfield and Little Rock Township walk through a pond Friday near Lisa Stebic's Plainfield home looking for clues to her disappearance. Nine area fire departments provided divers to aid in the search at various locations in Plainfield.

About 9 a.m. Friday, police and fire vans, as well as media crews, descended upon the quiet subdivision. A helicopter hovered overhead.

Some living near the ponds watched the divers from their driveways and sidewalks.

Community remains involved
Everyone had an opinion on the case, but no one wanted their name in print.
"My wife says that she's alive," one man said. "I really believe ... she would never leave her children."

Two other residents said they don't mind the police and reporters frequenting the neighborhood.

"We want them to stay until they find her," a woman said.

"If nothing ever happens, at least the kids will know that people cared enough to look for their mom," said another.

A memorial created Wednesday night by those at a vigil in a park near the ponds was still up Friday. One nearby resident said someone lights the luminary candles each night.

The memorial includes a poster decorated by children and staff from Lincoln Elementary School, where Lisa Stebic works in the food service program.

Plainfield School District spokesman Tom Hernandez said social workers and counselors have been available for students at Lincoln this week. Staff at Walkers Grove Elementary and Heritage Grove Middle schools, which the Stebics' children attend, were told to provide age-appropriate guidance and answers to any questions from children or parents.

"The focus at both schools has been to maintain a sense of normality as much as possible for all of our kids, including Lisa's children," Hernandez said.

Broaden the search
Police said Friday they will refocus and broaden the search for Lisa Stebic, pending the outcome of a massive local search planned today.
Police Chief Don Bennett said the case is still a missing person investigation, with no suspects and no new information in her disappearance.

Police have conducted "basic" searches of the Stebics' house and Lisa Stebic's car, he said. Nothing significant was found on her computer, which was turned over to police by Lisa's husband Craig.

Plainfield Emergency Management Agency personnel and volunteers are searching local ponds, bike paths, parks and natural areas today for any sign of the missing mother.

After today's search, investigators plan to meet with members of the FBI, which has opened an active case on Lisa Stebic's disappearance, and the fire department to determine which angles need further investigation, Bennett said.

Fire departments from Lockport, Joliet, Naperville, Lisle-Woodridge, Coal City, Sandwich, Somonauk, and Little Rock Fox joined police from Naperville and Plainfield fire in the dive search Friday.
<Snip>

Also, I heard on Fox News they found a body on one of the searches. They at first thought it was Lisa but it turned out to be an elderly man who killed himself. Note that nothing has been found on the computer.

Gozgals
rd

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is an extremely informative post on courttv.com from a friend of Lisa's. Link was posted on websleuths.com.

Note what Lisa's friends had to do to get the attention of the police. Again, just as with Chandra, police get told by the ex a bunch of lies and she might as well have not even disappeared, as far as the police are concerned.

Note also where the children were sent to buy candy, and how obvious it is that the ex knew the mother would never know.

rd

http://boards.courttv.com/showthread.php?postid=9797365#post9797365 (fair use)

HelpFindLisa wrote:
Hi all, I am new here. Found link from findlisastebic.com

I was reading a lot of the posts here from before and saw there were a lot of questions. I am not sure if they were answered or not, because I didn't have time to read all of them, but thought I would share what I know (and experienced first hand). Sorry so long, but trying to share as much info as I can with you javascript:smilie('')
smile

Last time that we know someone actually saw Lisa was when she left work on Monday, April 30th. There are reports the children saw her at home, but as far as I know, that has not been confirmed.

Lisa was a supervisor and worked for Sodexho, the company that provides the school lunches. She was at the school to make sure everything was fine w/ the lunch program. She was not just a lunch room lady.

Lisa was know to exercise at Plainfield North High School, but is has been reported that she never was there Monday. Plus, the distance is far enough away to warrant driving, not walking.

The family was involved in car pooling, Lisa normally would do it, but on Tuesday morning, Craig was ready to do it and did drive them to school.

Craig called Lisa's friends and work on Tuesday morning (between 9am and 10am), to see if she was w/ the friends, or at work, because "she didn't come home last night" and she was not picking up her cell phone, even when the kids called from their cell phones to her. However, he was not concerned and made some not so nice remarks about Lisa and what she was "doing" all night. According to him, he proceeded to go to work.

A neighbor/friend/co-worker DID call the police. After Craig had made his "calls" to a few people, one of which was a neighbor and a friend (who also was a co-worker at night w/ Lisa when she worked at night as a custodian for the schools), that person went to their house. All the shades were shut (Lisa always had them wide open), so she could not see in the house. She rang the bell and knocked, but their dog didn't even bark (very unusual for their dog). This person did not believe that the dog was even home. (Later that day, Craig said the dog had been home all day.....hmmmm, but no barking dog that always barks...)

This person tried calling Lisa's cell phone repeatedly and only got vm. She also called Lisa's "day job" at the school and they said that she had not showed up, that she was always on time- and would call in even if she was only going to be 5 minutes late. They also said hubby had called to see if she was there.

It was at this time that this person went to her "day" job and I was there. She came in crying because hubby had called and said Lisa didn't come home last night. I don't want to use her specific words...but she believed Craig was responsible....and it was not going to be a good outcome.

At this time it was when I found out that she had seen the children coming back home from JEWEL! (not Walgreens). They had Jewel bags in their hands. The whole thing was extremely not right! Lisa would NEVER let the children go to Jewel- it is about 2 miles one way, crossing over Rte 30 (which she would not let them do...but why they could go to Walgreen sometimes, because it wasn't over Rte 30) AND freight train railroad tracks. My understanding is that normally the kids didn't get too much candy. Plus, to top it off....hubby would never give the kids money. He is extremely cheap! So cheap, that he cuts his own hair!

We (co-workers's) encouraged her to call police and she did. That is when the police were notified. The police were reminded of the recent time they were called for a domestic dispute and told that Lisa had told numerous people, that if anything ever happened to her, to call the police because he did something to her.

The police said they would look into it and call the hubby to see what he had to say. That is when he allegedly came home from work. He did have the police over to his home that evening, they did take her computer, but I don't believe it was a thorough search of the home. That evening is when the police spoke w/ the two children. The police also interviewed neighbors and friends that night.

Craig said he was in the backyard doing "weeding" work. He had said that someone had picked her up. Then later when asked about it, he did NOT see anyone actually pick her up or her actually leave. He just believed that she had left and had been picked up by a car (that no one saw). It amazes me how he will admit that they barely spoke...only spoke through the children, but yet he "knew/knows" that she was going to work out and that she left at 6:30pm, then later it was 6:15ish, then 6:00ish. So basically he was in the backyard and believes she disappeared between 6-6:30pm, while the kids were getting candy from a store 2 miles away.

Did the kids actually see their mom that day after school? Or did daddy say she was in the shower, or laying down, etc?

Fast forward: Wednesday morning, nothing in the paper, nothing on the news....nothing anywhere to alert the public that someone VANISHED from her home.

Lisa's co-workers, friends and neighbors had all tried calling her and leaving message after message to call them...to call anybody! NO WORD on anything!

At this point the police were not even really calling it a missing person yet...don't know the time frame for a missing person....but to me and her closest friends and co-workers, she was missing.

My other co-workers and I agreed that it was time to try to get the media involved. That the word needed to get out that a wonderful, caring mother of 2 children vanished from her home 2 nights ago w/out a trace!

I spent most of the day (yeah, so much for getting much work done) e-mailing every news station, their anchors, the newspapers, etc. that I could possible think of.

It worked! I got several emails asking questions and wanting interviews and statements. By that afternoon, all of the local TV stations were at the Plainfield Police Dept wanting a statement and photo's of Lisa. The word was out and Lisa's picture was on all news prodcasts by Wed night!

A few side notes: Lisa reported to several people that he had threatened to kill her....that if anything ever happened to her, to go to the police asap and tell them what she said. He also told her that she would never get any money from him, alimony or child support! And that she'd just disappear.

Lisa was afraid of Craig, she just was in a bad abusive situation and was doing her best to get out of it. If any of you come from an abusive relationship, then you will understand how hard it is to get the self-esteem and courage to know you are right and then once you do, to get out....safely. These are the type's of things that you will tell a friend, neighbor or co-worker, but not necessarily tell family. It is very degrading and humiliating and the victim's don't want their families to know how "awful" they are, or try to protect the family from worrying about them. They will be ok and no one needs to know. It is very common and normal for victims to not share w/ family members. (I know from personal experience) Lisa was getting support and assistance from a local shelter.

Craig was extremely controlling. He would only give her an allowance. He has taken her car keys and hid them, so that she couldn't even drive to work. He has taken her house keys and locked her out of the house. I believe one time she even had to sleep in her car because he wouldn't let her in (she had a garage door opener or keypad code,).

Everyone asks about if her house keys are missing.....are they? If so, wonder if Craig's changed the locks, because wouldn't want Lisa or her "person of interest" to be able to get into the house?????? Also, did he change the garage code and frequency for the remotes....wouldn't want anyone to get into the house...????

This is way too long to begin with, but really wanted to share some of what I know with all of you.

I pray for Lisa's safe return.....but know in my heart that her spirit is no longer here on earth. I just hope we find her body, so that the family (children) can at least have closure and know where she is.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: