www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Theresa Parker, LaFayette,GA- Missing 3/21/07
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rd

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a need to start searching outward from the missing woman's home, but there is even more need to search outlying areas. Improbable to impossible to do? Possibly, but that's what the ex counts on.

What makes the situation worse with Theresa is that she was likely moved again Thursday after 3 pm. I never would expect the ex to leave her off the road between her house and his parent's house where he was staying. He might as well have left a confession note with her. It just isn't going to happen.

On the other hand, there was the GPS reading from her cell phone. It was there, it isn't now.

That was a good enough place for a silent ex to leave her in the wee hours of Wednesday night, but the next day he raced to the house after fishing to "discover" she was gone. The missing cell phone and overnight bag said she was gone, even though her car was there.

So what does he do at 3 pm on Thursday? Call anyone about her being missing? No. How about going to move her to some location that points to some other guy, not him.

As I've posted before, she likely is up north where if she is found he can point to the "other guy" as the culprit.

There is a large national forest to drive through just before Rossville, and at least one big lake outside of Lafayette on the way there.

I would not limit where she could be based on the hours of Wednesday night before his morning fishing trip. I think the GPS said what he did then.

I think the question is, what did he Thursday afternoon when he got back from fishing?

rd
rd

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lake and park are just suggestions. It's a matter of checking the bridges over the lake, it looked like a couple on the map. If the water is shallow, then that wouldn't be likely, but as far as national parks being busy, Chandra wasn't found in Rock Creek Park in DC for a year. How long would it have taken to find Jessie Davis in a section of Cayahoga Park that had its own name? Not anytime soon.

There's a limit to how much risk an ex can take in making his significant other disappear. It won't be close, but it probably will be within half a tank of gas so as not to have to stop and leave an eyewitness and a transaction.

There's the risk of being spotted by someone you know on the way. My thought was that he used her SUV for a number of reasons, as long as he was not personally recognized doing so.

He may have not known where she moved. but he probably knew the general area, and my thoughts are that he will want her associated with her new life and new home if she is ever found, in other words somewhere between her home and her new apartment, not somewhere between her home and his parent's house where he was staying.

Does it have to be right off the main highway there? No, and I'm glad that the police are looking elsewhere, because that's probably where they'll find Theresa, as we hope they do.

rd
Sherry

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something to think about here....her hours at the call center were "morning shift" so this means overnight. There is a possibility (ever so slight - but I found out recently that I know one of the girls who works there and worked under TP) that they recognized the number and could have not called it back when she hung up.

Also, not all calls are called back when it comes to these call centers. Some cell phones are not set up to allow calls back, which is infuriating when kids are calling and playing on the phones. When you can't call them back to scream at them and tell them this isn't a game.

Caller ID allows people to see the calls being sent into the call centers as well.
rd

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right, Sherry, Theresa did work that shift, and her co-workers may well have been able to identify her number had a 911 call come from her phone that night. (Wouldn't the 911 center have the name option going as well, so the name of the caller would show up as well as number?)

But why her co-workers would hesitate to answer the phone if the call was from her is not fathomable to me. And if it really did happen that way, there is no coverup big enough. The angst from her co-workers could not be covered up no matter who demanded it.

No, this is a situation where a scenario is fabricated to explain a misunderstanding. If the only way a GPS signal can be transmitted is a 911 call, then of course a 911 call must have been made to explain the sheriff's statement of the location of the last search.

But that's not the only way a GPS signal is sent, if the privacy setting is set to transmit on all calls, which includes received calls, even unanswered calls.

rd
Sherry

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you misunderstood what I was saying.....

They might have recognized her phone and if she hung up instead of calling her back they might have thought she dialed that number by mistake.

I need to get ahold of my contact there.......not sure what she can tell me, but it's worth the risk to ask.... ;^)
gozgals

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:55 am    Post subject: Website Reply with quote

Web Site Launched to Help Find Missing Georgia 911 Operator
Friday, June 29, 2007

By Liza Porteus

<snip>
Theresa Parker
Authorities in Walker County, Ga., are hoping a new Web site will bring in fresh clues leading to the whereabouts of 911 operator Theresa Parker, who has been missing since March 21.

The site, www.findtheresaparker.com, includes pictures of the 41-year-old, who lived in LaFayette, Ga., as well as pictures of her car, which was found by authorities soon after her disappearance. Police hope that by showing photos of her 1999 Toyota 4-Runner SUV, it may jog someone’s memory if they saw it somewhere in Walker County, Ga., or the Fort Oglethorpe, Ga., area on or about March 21-24.

Theresa Parker's sister, Christina Hall, recently bumped into a man at a store who suggested her family get a Web site for the missing woman. Hall didn't know anything about it, so the man got in touch with Rick Igou, a Web site operator in Chattanooga, Tenn., who later launched the site for the family and is hosting the site on his server.

"He knew that I was interested in the case to start with," Igou of told FOXNews.com on Friday. "I have just had a strange feeling from the beginning that she’s alive and there’s more to it than what people think. So for that reason I’ve just been following it kind of close and I talk about it on my Web site a lot."
<snip>

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,287370,00.html?sPage=fnc.national/crime

Comments: Maybe this website will generate more leads. Currently the link is not working on my end but posted it anyway in case it works for anyone here or starts to operate in a few days.

Goz

www.findtheresaparker.com
rd

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The http://www.findtheresaparker.com site has been up and running since it was announced at the news conference.

I hope it helps.

rd
Sherry

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's strange that Rick is hosting it....he's got a forum there in Chattanooga and it's not really the nicest of folks that frequent there....

Crud....I'm a little too connected to this one now.....

(sigh)
rd

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This shakes everything up. Is that Theresa's lawyer's intent? If not, what was Parker's lawyer's intent?

The WTVC9 investigative team reporting this is entirely nameless. Is that what it takes to get into print this critical information which Theresa's lawyer and law office personnel knew all along and no one else knew? Except the investigators, I assume.

Now everything has to be reevaluated. Is Theresa's lawyer shaking things up? Was Slack making everything up for Parker? Was Parker out on a boat that morning, but not with Slack?

I personally find it impossible to even fathom the purpose of a make believe alibi for the time that includes being in the missing woman's lawyer's office.

Yet Slack said they were fishing until they had lunch at 2:30, and Parker said later he was back at Theresa's home at about 3 pm. If it's not true, it's the same story.

And yet we hear nothing from either Melton or Slack on this. I sense serious psych warfare being waged.

rd

from www.newschannel9.com (fair use)
http://www.newschannel9.com/articles/parker_13599___article.html/sam_day.html

Gap Discovered In Sam Parker's Timeline
WTVC9 News
July 5, 2007

(snip)

The day after Theresa Parker's sister last saw her Sam Parker told investigators he went fishing with his divorce attorney, Bill Slack. Officers tell us that trip lasted from approximately 7:30 in the morning until about 2:30 in the afternoon.

But we discovered Sam Parker was in this downtown office on that day.

Theresa Parker's divorce attorney, Mary Jane Melton, confirms she and two employees saw him on that day from 11:30 until noon. Melton says he came to check on the status of the divorce and pick up his copy.

click to read rest
http://www.newschannel9.com/articles/parker_13599___article.html/sam_day.html

© 2007 Freedom Communications
gozgals

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:48 am    Post subject: ?'s Reply with quote

A few thoughts/?'s

Why would his lawyer lie for him? This is insane.

Second, I'm not sure if I remember correctly (we are doing many cases here at once) but didn't he still have time to commit this murder even if he was not fishing? I thought there was a gap in time that alloted for the murder. Please clear this fact up for me since your on top of the case.

Just wondering if it matters in that regard (even though he is guilty in my book) except of course to the snake lawyer who is providing a fake alibi! We already know Parker is a liar...

Goz
rd

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll post a timeline of events. One is definitely needed at this point.

rd
Sherry

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting....

Yes, he had time from 10 at night (when she dissapeared from the parking lot at her new apartment) to 7:30 the next morning when he went fishing with his buddy....

Now.....

1. Why didn't the divorce lawyer come forward a long time ago
2. Why would the lawyer who went fishing with him say he went fishing if he knew he didn't
3. I think someone might have their days a little skewed.....

Interesting...wonder if they're going to start looking into the lake that SP and the lawyer went "fishing".......
gozgals

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:00 pm    Post subject: timeline Reply with quote

Thanks RD and Sherry. I knew I remembered he had a window of opportunity anyway. It appears Parker (even fishing or not) could do away with Theresa.

As I suggested and you both did- it makes no sense for the lawyer to state this, that he went fishing with him or to agree with what Parker said. The truth has finally come out or did they know of it all along and kept it underwraps and not released this information to the public? I'm just wondering.

A timeline reposted would certainly help as this section is a bit long.

Have a great weekend all

Goz
rd

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theresa Parker Disappearance Timeline

Sam and Theresa Parker separate in weeks before she disappears, and Sam Parker moves out of their home to stay at the home of his recently deceased father. Theresa agrees to sell Sam her interest in their home and land. [4]

Wednesday, March 21
Theresa clocks out at work Wednesday morning at 6 am, telling colleagues she plans to go to her new residence in Fort Oglethorpe. [1]

Bill Slack calls Parker Wednesday afternoon about going fishing next day. [2]

Parker goes to see Theresa at their home about 7:30 pm Wednesday evening. She tells her sister he was uncharacteristically nice in helping her with the move by getting her boxes. Theresa senses some motive for this, perhaps trying to find out where her new apartment is. Parker is not on duty Wednesday night. [2]

Theresa visits her sister Christina and Christina's two sons in Fort Oglethorpe, leaving about 9:30 pm to 10 pm to go to her new apartment and clean to prepare for moving. She said she would be there till after midnight, go back to Lafayette to get some sleep, then get up and start packing and moving on Thursday. [2]

Theresa talks to her sister Hilda about 10 pm Wednesday evening in her last phone call. (March 30 Walker County Messenger reports it as 10:30 pm) [4]

A Fort Oglethorpe neighbor of Theresa's new apartment sees her outside talking on her cell phone at 10:15 pm. (this is likely to be the last call to her sister Hilda) [2]

Christina gets a call at her house at 10:44 pm with Theresa's Lafayette home phone caller id. [2]

Thursday, March 22
According to the sheriff, the last cell phone transmission was made sometime after midnight from a cell tower south of the home in Lafayette. [3]

Theresa's cell phone "went off soon after she was last seen Wednesday night by her younger sister." [5]

Parker says he went to the Lafayette house Thursday morning at 6 am to get the motor for his fishing boat. He said door was shut and he assumed she was asleep and didn't disturb her. [2]

Christina makes call to Walker County sheriff's office asking for courtesy check on Theresa's home. Deputy went by the home around 6 am and found Sam Parker's truck in driveway, but Theresa's car was not there. An hour or two later the deputy went back by the house and found Theresa's car in the driveway but Sam's truck was gone. [11]

Parker picks up Bill Slack Thursday morning about 7:30 am with a small boat in the back of his truck ready to go fishing. [2]

Parker and Slack head to Chatooga County, stopping on the way to buy bait. [2]

Theresa'a divorce attorney and two employees say that Sam Parker was in their office from about 11:30 am to noon to check on the status of the divorce and to pick up his copy. [14] (there was no mention of this from Parker or Slack)

Parker goes fishing with Slack Thursday afternoon, fishing until about 2:30 pm (Fox News erroneously quoted this report to say they were fishing on Wednesday same time as Theresa went missing). [2]

Parker and Slack go to lunch at Armstrong's Barbecue in Summerville. [2]

Parker says he returned to the Lafayette house around 3 pm and Theresa was gone, but her vehicle was still there. [2]

Friday, March 23
Christina gets worried Friday morning about not hearing from Theresa and calls her cell phone and leaves a message. [2]

Theresa is expected at Bank of Lafayette to meet with Sam and banker to close deal on selling her interest in their property, but doesn't show up. [1]

Christina calls Parker on Friday evening about last time he saw Theresa. He tells of his trips to the house Thursday morning and afternoon. When asked, he denies he placed the 10:44 pm Wednesday evening call to Christina from the house. [2]

Saturday, March 24
Theresa's mother reports her missing to Walker County Sheriff's office Saturday morning after family has not heard from her since around 10 pm Wednesday, March 21. [1]

Theresa's vehicle is found parked at her home. [1]

Theresa's mother asks Sam why he didn't report her missing after 24 hours, to which he responds that he didn't think much of it because Theresa often went on little trips. Her mother told him he should have thought it was strange, given she was in the middle of packing and moving.Theresa had reserved moving truck for today. [1]

Parker initially indicates Theresa's purse and overnight bag are missing from her house. [4]

Friday, March 30
A search of Theresa's home found drops of blood in the body well for the latch of the back hatch of Theresa'a Toyota Forerunner. [12]

Parker checks into a psychiatric rehabilation facility. [6]

Saturday, March 31
35 square mile area south of Lafayette searched by volunteers. [5]

According to the sheriff, the reason this area was chosen for the search was that the last cell phone call received was from the cell phone tower in this area. [3]

Monday, April 2
Theresa's family says they have been told that Parker has been named a person of interest. The Georgia Bureau of Investigation responds to queries that they never use the term person of interest or names suspects until an arrest warrant has been issued. [7]

Tuesday, April 3
Walker County Sheriff's office arrests a Lafayette police officer for making false statements to investigators in the Theresa Parker disappearance. Reported not to be Sam Parker, but was the next in line supervisor to Sam. Later reported to be Ben Chaffin. [8]

Walker County sheriff says Parker has not taken lie detector test. [9]

Saturday, April 14
A search of Parker's police locker had turned up C-4 explosive, and Parker was fired. Parker threatened to kill himself at his home, a neighbor called 911, and law enforcement responded and defused the situation. [10]

Saturday, June 2
Walker County sheriff leading search of timber company property south of Lafayette where a GPS reading indicated last location of her cell phone. [13]

[1] March 28 Walker County Messenger
[2] March 30 Walker County Messenger
[3] March 31 Walker County Messenger
[4] March 31 Fox News
[5] March 31 Chatanoogan
[6] April 2 wrcbtv.com
[7] April 2 Fox News
[8] April 3 Fox News
[9] April 3 Walker County Messenger
[10] April 14 Walker County Messenger
[11] websleuths.com nrthgamom's post of excerpts from Christina calling in to radio show
[12] May 25 newschannel9.com
[13] June 2 Chatanoogan
[14] July 5 newschannel9.com

rd
rd

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The exercise made it clear to me that the phone call seen by the neighbor was to her sister, whereas I was thinking it was from someone that the police would not identify, namely Parker.

In fact, I posted that her sister saying the neighbor saw Theresa on the phone would be talking about her own phone conversation, which I found very odd.

However, this phone call was to Hilda, and it was Christina talking about the neighbor seeing the call. She had just left Christina's before making the call to Hilda. I would say it was on the way in, not on the way out, or even temporarily out, as in bad reception. She left Christina's as late as 10 pm.

I would also say that I now have no reason to think that she left the apartment earlier than planned. She was going to stay until after midnight, then return home. There is nothing to indicate that didn't happen.

I can only think that Christina is the one that made the unanswered call after midnight, given what Theresa had told her about staying until after midnight, and not getting an answer, called the sheriff's office and asked for a courtesy check on Theresa's home.

That would be the last call that the police are not identifying, if I recall correctly that that was reported. If it is, I missed it in my postings and left it out of the timeline.

rd
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10

Jump to: