www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Theresa Parker, LaFayette,GA- Missing 3/21/07
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gozgals

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 1:53 am    Post subject: Theresa Parker, LaFayette,GA- Missing 3/21/07 Reply with quote

Theresa Parker

Description, Information:

Missing: 3/21/07

LaFayette , GA

Race White

Age Now 41

Height 5'07"

Weight 125 lbs.

Hair (Color, Description, Facial Hair) Brown

Eyes (Color and Correction) Brown

Georgia police have expanded their search from Theresa Parker, a 9-1-1 dispatcher who has been missing since March 21st.
gozgals

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 2:02 am    Post subject: Most Recent Article Reply with quote

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,263037,00.html

Sister of Missing Georgia 911 Dispatcher Says She Suspects Her Sister's Estranged Husband
Saturday, March 31, 2007

AP/GBI/Walker Co. Sheriff's Office

Theresa Parker
LaFAYETTE, Ga. — The sister of a Georgia 911 dispatcher who has been missing for ten days said Saturday that she believes her sister's estranged husband is involved in the disappearance.

Christina Hill told FOX News she had a gut feeling something bad happened to her sister, 41-year-old Teresa Parker.

Teresa was in the midst of a divorce from her husband, Sam Parker, when she disappeared over a week ago.

"I can honestly say that I do believe he's involved. That’s what I feel, that’s what I know in my heart," Hill said.

“I know of an incident last year where she was really scared, she was really afraid. And she looked me in the eyes and told me that she was afraid that she was going to die,” she added.

Police say they have not classified Parker, a sergeant with the LaFayette, Ga., police department, as a suspect.

However, FOX News learned late Saturday that the Georgia Bureau of Investigation obtained a search warrant for Parker's home based upon information gathered over the past week. There was no word if the search had been carried out yet.

Sister's Suspicions 911 Operator's Disappearance Parker's home has been search twice before under his consent and with him present.

Teresa's other sister, Hilda Wilson, told FOX News she hasn't heard a word from her sister's husband since the search began, but refused to comment on whether she suspected him.

"We're still hopeful that we're going to be able to being her home safe and sound. If not we just want to bring her home," Wilson said.

Investigators are continuing a widespread search for Teresa Saturday that includes 168 volunteers, a dive team and 5 dog teams. The search will continue until nightfall, and begin again on Sunday morning, rain or shine.

The patrol car of Sam Parker was routinely turned over to the Walker County Sheriff's Department, then to the Georgia Bureau of Investigations, to be examined, FOXNews.com confirmed.

"The car was brought in yesterday and the chief of police turned that vehicle over to us to examine, the GBI to examine, to look at more for investigative purposes, whether to rule in or rule out the fact that that car could've been used. We're not saying that car was used," Walker County Sheriff Steve said Friday.

The car was being released back to the Lafayette police on Friday.

Police say the more time that passes since Teresa has been seen, the less likely she will be found alive.

"Certainly you have to look at that and believe that at this stage of the investigation," Wilson said. "At some point, obviously, we will maybe change the focus of this investigation probably from a missing person to possibly a death investigation of some sort if the evidence leads us this way."

There is no evidence pointing to another man in Parker's life, Wilson said, and there has been no use of her credit or debit cards since she disappeared. Her husband indicated her purse and an overnight bag were missing from the house she was living in, but besides that, the residence was immaculate.

Records show at least three domestic violence reports between Parker and her husband since 2002, according to local news reports.

Sam Parker had moved out of the home he and his wife once shared, and Teresa was in the midst of moving to a neighboring town when she disappeared. Sam has not been named a suspect and has been interviewed several times by investigators.

"He's been cooperative so far, so far has answered our questions," Wilson told FOXNews.com earlier this week. "At this point I would not classify him as a suspect, he's certainly been cooperative but on the flip side, we have not eliminated anyone as a suspect, either."

Sam Parker was fishing with LaFayette attorney Bill Slack the same time on Wednesday when Theresa's family last saw her, reported The Walker County Messenger. Slack had represented Theresa and others in her family in the past. He said Sam was acting completely normal, and seemed relieved that the divorce was going through.

Click here to read the Walker County Messenger

The death of both of Sam's parents within the last year left him with no financial worries. The terms of divorce had been established, the property had been divided and the papers were reportedly ready to be filed any day, Slack told the newspaper.

"It was done," Slack said. "There was no more fussing or anything. It was all done. That part of his life was over."

Slack said he knew the couple had their problems, but didn't suspect violence was ever an issue. He also said Sam has willingly complied with the investigation into his wife's disappearance, and that his house, car, father's house and wife's car have all been searched. He even turned over his bank and phone records and had his clothes and body tested for fluids.

"I'd like to think they've exhausted any probability that Sam was involved because there seems to be nothing to point to him physically, motive-wise, opportunity. Nothing," Slack told the newspaper. "If Sam had anything to do with her disappearance it would be an absolute shock to me."

He added: "They've done everything you can think of and there is nothing to tie him to her (disappearance). He doesn't know where she is and he certainly didn't harm her. He had no reason to harm her."

Relatives of Teresa Parker's contacted the Walker County sheriff's office on Saturday. She was last heard from about 10 p.m. Wednesday when she talked on the phone with her sister, Wilson said. It was Parker's habit to talk to her mother or other relatives at least once a day.

"Obviously this is totally uncharacteristic for her. ... She's always been a very punctual type person who is very dedicated to her job, her family," Wilson told FOXNews.com.

No one at the 911 dispatch center noticed her absence, Wilson said, because she was scheduled to be off work. But she failed to show up Monday for her 7 p.m. shift.

"We knew then, we're just very, very concerned at this point because this is just not typical for her," Wilson said.

The case was turned over to the Georgia Bureau of Investigation because of the close ties between Parker and the local authorities, Wilson said. She has been a 911 operator for about 15 years, and worked as a police emergency dispatcher before that.

Wilson, who knows her personally, described her as a "very knowledgeable, very thorough employee, a very likeable person."

Note: More data to follow- (of course it is looking like the husband- again!)
rd

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of similarity to Tara Grinstead's disappearance. It'd be interesting to get any more details of that day if there are any. For example, was she seen at all? Did she have plans? She was said to be moving to a nearby town, was she planning on being over there that day?

While the ex may have been fishing with his lawyer and relieved the divorce was going through, did his lawyer tell him something that made him want to go see her to confront her?

This just seems to me that she disappeared later rather than earlier.

rd

click to read the online true crime mystery novel Murder on a Horse Trail: The Disappearance of Chandra Levy

www.justiceforchandra.com home page
gozgals

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 2:24 pm    Post subject: other articles Reply with quote

Officers Make New Search Of Sgt. Sam Parker Home
Hundreds Involved In Saturday Search For Theresa Parker
posted March 31, 2007

Investigators executed a third search warrant on Saturday at the home of LaFayette Police Sgt. Sam Parker as the search continued for his missing estranged wife.

The first two searches were by consent of Sgt. Parker, but officers went through the courts to obtain this warrant.

Walker County Sheriff Steve Wilson said, "At about 5 p.m. Saturday, the Georgia Bureau of Investigation served a search warrant at 985 Cordell Avenue, LaFayette, at the marital residence of Sam and Theresa Parker.

"The basis for the search warrant was the development of leads and information obtained during the past seven days in the Theresa Parker missing person investigation.

"Also, a 35-square-mile area was searched today utilizing 228 volunteers. No sufficient leads or evidence was obtained during the search."

Divers also spent several hours checking out a pond that is directly across the road from the Parker home.

The searchers, including many volunteers, fanned out over a wide area south of LaFayette, but there was no sign of the missing 911 dispatcher for Walker County.

The 41-year-old woman, who was in the process of moving out after filing for divorce, has now been gone for 10 days.

The search also continues for her cell phone, which went off soon after she was last seen Wednesday night of last week by her younger sister.

Sgt. Parker has been taking a few days vacation off from his police job, but is due back at work on Monday.

http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_104652.asp
gozgals

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 2:29 pm    Post subject: AMW Case file to date Reply with quote

http://www.amw.com/missing_persons/case.cfm?id=44242

Search Expands For Missing 9-1-1 Dispatcher
Georgia police have expanded their search from Theresa Parker, a 9-1-1 dispatcher who has been missing since March 21st. Professional and volunteer search and rescue teams plan to cover a 30- to 40-square mile area. A patrol car driven by the victim's husband has also been turned over to the Walker County Sheriff's Department to be examined more thoroughly.

Some Serious Questions

Police say Parker is known as a reliable veteran dispatcher.

View LargerTheresa Parker is not the type of person who misses work. So when she didn't show up for her shift as a 911 dispatcher on Sunday, March 25, her friends and family knew something was wrong.

Now the police officers who normally rely on Theresa's help as a veteran dispatcher are the ones trying to help her.

Police say Theresa's family worried when they didn't hear from her for several days. Theresa normally keeps in touch with her family, and the last person she talked to was her sister on Wednesday, March 21.

Investigators say Theresa and her husband, Samuel Parker, a LaFayette Police Officer, were in the process of separating. Around the time she disappeared, Samuel was staying with relatives while Theresa was staying in the home they had shared together. Police found her car at the home, but no sign of Theresa. There were no obvious signs of foul play at the home. Cops say Samuel Parker has been cooperative and isn't considered a suspect, although they have not ruled out any suspects as well.

A ground search conducted on March 27 and an aerial search on March 28 turned up nothing. Investigators have little to go on. All they know is that it is extremely unlike Theresa to just disappear without telling anyone, and they fear the worst.
gozgals

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 2:32 pm    Post subject: comments Reply with quote

RD, I see the similarity to Tara Grinstead's disappearance. I will see if I can gather some older information on the case that may shed some light on any questions we may have on the day of her disappearance.

At the present time, the husband appears to be the prime suspect which is usually the case when a divorce is pending and the husband is not happy.

Let us hope she is found soon.

Gozgals
rd

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The search also continues for her cell phone, which went off soon after she was last seen Wednesday night of last week by her younger sister.

Thanks for the additional info, goz. As I suspected, she disappeared as Tara did, during the night, long after her ex was fishing with his lawyer that day. I would say he went to confront her that night after his talk with the lawyer.

Sam Parker was fishing with LaFayette attorney Bill Slack the same time on Wednesday when Theresa's family last saw her, reported The Walker County Messenger. Slack had represented Theresa and others in her family in the past.

This is completely bogus. He was not fishing with a lawyer late that night when Theresa's sister last saw her, and even if he was, he would have just gone over to her house like I suspect Tara Grinstead's ex did when he left running around with a local cop late at night.

The critical question is, does the ex have an alibi for that night? He was staying with his relatives. When did he come home, and what is his known whereabouts that night and into the next day, not earlier in the day Wednesday long before Tara was last seen.

Her husband indicated her purse and an overnight bag were missing from the house she was living in, but besides that, the residence was immaculate.

I see the ex is helpfully pointing out that she must have gone somewhere, an overnight bag is gone.

With the house being immaculate, I get a feeling he may have even packed some toiletries in a bag to appear as if she did leave. Yet, just as with Tara Grinstead, her car is still at home.

So as with Tara Grant, the ex to be provides an implication that the missing woman has vamoosed with someone unknown, but run off nonetheless.

Tara Grant was found dismembered in the garage. I'm afraid Theresa will suffer the fate of the other Georgia missing woman with a small town cop ex. There were several days before she was reported missing. They'll be lucky if they ever find her, same as with Tara.

rd
gozgals

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:21 pm    Post subject: Greta Reply with quote

RD

Quote:
Sam Parker was fishing with LaFayette attorney Bill Slack the same time on Wednesday when Theresa's family last saw her, reported The Walker County Messenger. Slack had represented Theresa and others in her family in the past.

This is completely bogus. He was not fishing with a lawyer late that night when Theresa's sister last saw her, and even if he was, he would have just gone over to her house like I suspect Tara Grinstead's ex did when he left running around with a local cop late at night.

I have not heard his true alibi to date! Would like to know what it is. The husband made sure he took everything and left the car behind. Must have been to hard to get rid of it and the body at the same time. You can tell I feel he is guilty. I hope she turns up soon.

---------------------------------

The case was discussed in brief tonight on Greta. Nothing new to add except he is now considered " A Person of Interest" and we all know what that means.

Gozgals

Links to follow
gozgals

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:28 pm    Post subject: Parker at hospital Reply with quote

http://www.wrcbtv.com/news/index.cfm?sid=7321

Mon., Apr. 2nd

We have team coverage of a story that continues to make national headlines. The 24-hour news networks stayed on top of this story all weekend long as did Channel-3.

Today, Sam Parker was supposed to return to work at the LaFayette Police Department. He did not.

With dozens even hundreds taking part in the search for Theresa Parker. It leaves some asking where's Sam Parker, her soon to be ex-husband.

Sam Parker was expected to be back on duty at the Lafayette Police Department where he's a 20 year veteran officer, but his sister called instead.

Lafayette Public Safety Director Tommy Freeman says, " She was speaking for Sam. She wanted to know if they could get more leave time to deal with problems he's facing and I granted that."

Hilda Wilson, Theresa Parker's sister says, "It concerns me because earlier I said I hoped he'd be out here searching with us. I am concerned."

Channel Three Eyewitness News has learned Parker was in a hospital. possibly a psychiatric or rehabilitation facility late last week. We do not know if he's still there. Officially his director says he knows where Parker is, but he will not share that with us.

Comments: Guess Parker is hiding out in the hospital instead of facing his problems at the current time. Wonder why????? Are these problems related to his past domestic violence situations, abuse of drugs, etc or deep pychiatric ones? I think he is just guilty and taking the first step on planning a defense or buying time.

Gozgals
gozgals

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:37 pm    Post subject: From Fox Reply with quote

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,263367,00.html

Missing 911 Operator's Family Eyes Husband in Her Disappearance
Monday, April 02, 2007

Theresa Parker
LaFAYETTE, Ga. — Family members of missing 911 operator Theresa Parker say they believe her husband may have something to do with her disappearance.

Parker's brother-in-law, Jonathan Wilson, told FOX News he had a feeling from the beginning — when Theresa went missing 12 days ago — that Samuel Parker may have had a hand in her disappearance.

The couple was in the midst of getting a divorce when Theresa disappeared 12 days ago.

Wilson said the Georgia Bureau of Investigation — which is heading up the investigation into Theresa's disappearance — took a DNA sample from Theresa's mother, Claire, who lives in LaFayette. Wilson said the sample was taken shortly after the Friday prayer vigil for Theresa, held downtown on the Walker County courthouse steps. Wilson believes the sample may be needed to help rule out DNA samples from evidence investigators have collected. So far, Wilson said, he doesn't know of any other DNA taken in the case.

Wilson said now that the GBI has named Sam a "person of interest," the family has the"green light" to go ahead and voice their concern about him.

Based upon conversations and actions from investigators, Jonathan also thinks the GBI is treating its investigation as foul play and narrowing down their focus to Sam.

The GBI obtained a search warrant for Sam Parker's home over the weekend. The LaFayette house had been searched two times before under consent; Parker was present during both searches. GBI obtained the search warrant based on leads in the investigation gained over the weekend. The warrant was executed around 5 p.m. Saturday.

Wilson said GBI was using the term "person of interest" for Sam Parker because the search warrant was executed on his home and thus, is one of their areas of concentration. A GBI spokesman told FOX News on Friday, however, that the agency never uses the term "person of interest" or names "suspects" until an arrest warrant has been issued.

"Sam has cooperated with the GBI each time the GBI has asked him to come in for the missing persons," Walker County Sheriff Steve Wilson told FOX News on Monday.

Asked if authorities were close to arresting someone in connection with Theresa's disappearance: "We are proceeding very cautiously with the investigation. We want to be sure we do everything that is right. I certainly don't want to put a timetable out there."

He added: "I don't foresee an arrest will be coming today, or tomorrow … we're going to go as the evidence leads us."

Christina Hill, Theresa Parker's sister, also told FOX News she had similar concerns about Sam Parker.

"I can honestly say that I do believe he's involved. That’s what I feel, that’s what I know in my heart," Hill said. “I know of an incident last year where she was really scared, she was really afraid. And she looked me in the eyes and told me that she was afraid that she was going to die."

Police say they have not classified Parker, a sergeant with the LaFayette, Ga., police department, as a suspect. His patrol car was routinely turned over to the Walker County Sheriff's Department, then to the Georgia Bureau of Investigations, to be examined. It was later returned back to the LaFayette police.

Theresa's other sister, Hilda Wilson, told FOX News she hasn't heard a word from her sister's husband since the search began, but refused to comment on whether she suspected him.

"We're still hopeful that we're going to be able to being her home safe and sound. If not we just want to bring her home," Wilson said.

Investigators continued a widespread search for Theresa Saturday that included more than 200 volunteers, a dive team and five dog teams.

There is no evidence pointing to another man in Parker's life, Wilson said, and there has been no use of her credit or debit cards since she disappeared. Her husband indicated her purse and an overnight bag were missing from the house she was living in, but besides that, the residence was immaculate.

Records show at least three domestic violence reports between Parker and her husband since 2002, according to local news reports. In one report, Theresa said she called police when she thought her husband was going to commit suicide while they were on vacation in Florida.

Sam Parker had moved out of the home he and his wife once shared, and Theresa was in the midst of moving to a neighboring town when she disappeared.

Relatives of Theresa Parker's contacted the Walker County sheriff's office on Saturday after she hadn't been heard from since around 10 p.m. March 21, when she got off the phone with her sister. It was Parker's habit to talk to her mother or other relatives at least once a day.

FOX News' Joe Hirsch contributed to this report.

Quote:
Based upon conversations and actions from investigators, Jonathan also thinks the GBI is treating its investigation as foul play and narrowing down their focus to Sam.
gozgals

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:07 pm    Post subject: Arrest Made in Connection to Case of Missing 911 Reply with quote

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,263642,00.html

Arrest Made in Connection to Case of Missing 911 Operator in Georgia
Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Theresa Parker
LaFAYETTE, Ga. — Walker County officials on Tuesday announced an arrest made in connection to the case of missing 911 operator Theresa Parker.

A LaFayette police officer was arrested and charged with making false statements to police in regards to the case, Walker County Sheriff Steve Wilson announced. The officer arrested is not Sam Parker, Theresa's husband, who is a sergeant on the same police force. The man arrested is the next-in-line supervisor on the same shift as Sam Parker.

The arrest was made around 9 p.m. Monday night.

"This is part of the missing persons case the GBI has been investigating over the past week," Wilson said.

"We have made an arrest pertaining to this case," added Jerry Scott, assistant special-agent-in-charge at the Georgia Bureau of Investigation, which is handling the case. "The investigation is continuing, we're making progress in the case and hopefully, we'll have a resolution … in the near future."

Scott said the Parker case is a "very high priority investigation," and added "any progress we make is significant, in a case of this nature."

LaFayette Director of Public Safety Tommy Freeman, who serves as Sam Parker's boss, said it was "very unfortunate" that one of his officers who has been on the force for more than 10 years was arrested. Not only has he been placed on suspension while the investigation continues, but he also faces an internal department investigation, Freeman said.

He doesn't know if they were friends outside of work. The arrested man is in a neighboring county jail "for his own safety and for the safety of our staff at the Walker County Sheriff's Office," Wilson said.

Parker has been missing since the night of March 21, when she last spoke to a relative on the phone. Some of her family members have said they suspected that her husband, Sam Parker, had something to do with her disappearance.

The two were in the midst of a divorce when Theresa disappeared.

"We're still holding out hope we will find her safe," Wilson said, "but we understand and we realistically know that with each day that goes by, our chances of finding her diminish greatly."

Jonathan Wilson, Theresa's brother-in-law, told FOX News earlier Tuesday that the news of the arrest was "a great development," he added, "it isn't what we thought."

He added: "We are very pleased. It's not what I hoped, but it's going to be big."

Authorities on Tuesday began draining a large pond in their search for Theresa Parker. The pond is near the home of Sam Parker. The FBI has been aiding the search.

"We felt like it was one we needed to search," Wilson the sheriff said Monday, adding that the pond will take a couple of days to drain.

Wilson and other family members had told FOX News that the GBI had named Sam a "person of interest," and that the family has the "green light" to go ahead and voice their concern about him.

Sam Parker's sister, Carolyn Wooten, gave a statement on Friday saying that he had "done nothing to harm" Theresa.

Sam Parker was expected to be back at work this week. But his boss, Freeman, said Parker has extended his leave until sometime next week.

The GBI executed a search warrant for Sam Parker's home on Saturday. It was the third search of the residence; Sam Parker had consented to the first two and was present.

"Sam has cooperated with the GBI each time the GBI has asked him to come in for the missing persons," Walker County Sheriff Steve Wilson told FOX News on Monday.

Asked if authorities were close to arresting someone in connection with Theresa's disappearance: "We are proceeding very cautiously with the investigation. We want to be sure we do everything that is right. I certainly don't want to put a timetable out there."

Christina Hill, Theresa Parker's sister, also told FOX News she had similar concerns about Sam Parker.

"I can honestly say that I do believe he's involved. That’s what I feel, that’s what I know in my heart," Hill said. “I know of an incident last year where she was really scared, she was really afraid. And she looked me in the eyes and told me that she was afraid that she was going to die."

Sam Parker had moved out of the home he and his wife once shared, and Theresa was in the midst of moving to a neighboring town when she disappeared.

FOX News' Sharon Fain and Joe Hirsch and FOXNews.com's Liza Porteus contributed to this report.

[quote]A LaFayette police officer was arrested and charged with making false statements to police in regards to the case, Walker County Sheriff Steve Wilson announced. The officer arrested is not Sam Parker, Theresa's husband, who is a sergeant on the same police force. The man arrested is the next-in-line supervisor on the same shift as Sam Parker. /quote]

Comments: I wonder if Sam and the officer were accomplices in this crime and Sam will be the next one arrested. Possibly, he may have or helped Sam dispose of the body.

Gozgals
rd

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also from the ex's sister:

Sam Parker’s sister holds news conference
Walker County Messenger
03/30/07

Coming in the midst of a tight-lipped investigation that includes the impoundment of Sgt. Parker’s patrol car on Thursday, Wooten revealed that the last time Sam saw Theresa was at 7:30 p.m. on Wednesday, March 21, at their trailer home on Cordell Rd. near LaFayette.

end quote

It is extremely unusual, isn't it? The police supervisor was trying to cover something up; himself, the ex, or both of them?

I don't know, but they know he's lying. From the sound of it, sounds to me like he was supplying an alibi for the ex and was found to be lying. That's my guess, goz.

I really doubt that the ex had an accomplice in this situation. But I do think he asked the supervisor to lie and vouch for his whereabouts because it "looked suspicious" if he didn't have an alibi. That's my guess of what he hit the supervisor, and let's face it, in a town that size, his buddy, up with to cover for his whereabouts.

We'll see. Thanks for the great coverage, goz.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This changes my opinion somewhat. The ex fished with the lawyer the next morning after Theresa's last phone call. The lawyer only called him the previous day to see if he wanted to go fishing the next day.

I do not think he could be involved if it's known that Theresa was missing before that. Spending the day with the lawyer fishing and talking and even talking about his divorce among other things is too hard to fake acting completely normal.

So Theresa's potential Thursday whereabouts are what is now critical. Was she missed sometime that day before the ex finished fishing and had lunch in mid afternoon? With both of them off work, he still could have gone to see her after fishing with the lawyer, but on Thursday, not Wednesday.

If a call from Theresa had been expected and not received, or for that matter completely out of character for Theresa to not turn her cell phone on sometime during the day, then indeed it would appear that Theresa disappeared and the ex knew nothing about it.

But Theresa worked night shift, from 7pm to 7am, and I suspect she wouldn't have wanted to go off schedule during her time off and throw her body clock off. If that's the case, she may very well have been asleep Thursday during day as she normally would and not out and about while the ex was fishing. He could have stopped by when she was waking up.

Here are the details from the hometown newspaper about the lawyer. I will see if she was missed by family or friends on Thursday while they were fishing.

rd

from www.walkermessenger.com (fair use)

Attorney talks about fishing trip with Sam Parker
Walker County Messenger
Eric Beavers
03/30/07

Two old friends with an open schedule went fishing on a Thursday afternoon, March 22. One caught a big bass and the other became a suspect -- in the public eye, at least -- as being responsible for a missing person.

Sam Parker, husband of missing 911 dispatcher Theresa Parker and a sargeant with the LaFayette Police Department, got a call from LaFayette attorney Bill Slack on the same Wednesday afternoon, March 21, when Theresa's family last saw her.

The Parkers are going through a divorce. Slack said he was not representing either of them in the divorce proceedings, but had represented Theresa and others in her family in the past.

Slack said he was supposed to be in court in Trenton that Thursday, but found out on the previous day that the hearing was cancelled, leaving him with a clear calendar.

“I thought, what am I going to do?” Slack said. “I've got a free day and the weather is good. I've got to go fishing.”

After calling two other friends who couldn't go fishing with him, he caught up with Sam.

Sam picked Slack up that morning, with a small boat in the back of his truck ready to fish – and apparently with no knowledge of the missing person story that was unfolding, the story of his wife.

“We stopped and bought bait, it was a perfectly normal little trip to Chattooga County,” Slack said. "He was just as normal as he can be."

Slack said they talked about judges, court cases, new LaFayette Public Safety Director Tommy Freeman during the course of the day. They also talked about Theresa and their imminent divorce.

"His feelings were hurt by some of her behavior, but he wasn't angry," Slack said. "He was happy that their relationship was over."

During the trip, Sam wasn't acting like someone who caused harm to anyone, Slack said.

"There was nothing to indicate he was upset, or excited or angry or anything," he said.

The attorney said Sam had no motive harm to his wife. The death of Sam’s mother a year ago and his father within the last month had left him with no financial worries. The terms of divorce had been established, the property had been divided and the papers were reportedly ready to be filed any day.

"It was done," he said. "There was no more fussing or anything. It was all done. That part of his life was over."

Slack said he knew the couple had their problems, but didn't suspect violence was ever an issue.

"In the past, they had separated many times, but they always seemed to come back together" he said. "They could fuss a lot, but they never crossed a line into harming one another."

Slack talked about what he knew of Sam's willingness to comply with the police investigation.

"It's natural that Sam would be suspected," Slack said. "He understands that. It's part of his job and he has certainly cooperated fully with the GBI. He's answered every question. They have searched his house, his car, his father's house, his wife's car. They have sprayed him with chemicals to look for blood or other fluids and so forth. Nothing.

"He's turned over his bank records," Slack said. "He's turned over his phone records. They've examined the property with infrared cameras. They've done everything you can think of and there is nothing to tie him to her (disappearance). He doesn't know where she is and he certainly didn't harm her. He had no reason to harm her."

In Slack’s eyes, Sam's demeanor, coupled with his compliance with authorities, have cleared him.

"I'd like to think they've exhausted any probability that Sam was involved because there seems to be nothing to point to him physically, motive-wise, opportunity -- nothing," Slack said. "If Sam had anything to do with her disappearance it would be an absolute shock to me."

Authorities and the public must also consider that she might have just ran off, or left and committed suicide, or someone else is involved, he said.

The two men fished until about 2:30 p.m., loaded up the truck and headed to Armstrong's Barbecue in Summerville for lunch before going home.

Oh, and before leaving the water, Slack let the fish go. "I turned her loose. She needs to go make babies," he said.

The Georgia Bureau of Investigation is leading the investigation. Anyone with information is asked to call (706) 624-1424, (706) 638-1913 or (706) 375-7810.
rd

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Authorities draining pond near Parker house
Walker County Messenger
Eric Beavers
04/02/07

(excerpt)

As of Monday morning no more field searches were planned for the day, he said. Morale in the department is still pretty good, but stressed.

“I think everybody here is OK,” Walker County Sheriff Steve Wilson said. “Some of the people that know Sam and are buddies with him are very sad about all the events going on. A lot of the night shift people who work closer with Theresa (who worked 7 p.m. to 7 a.m.) as a dispatcher are very down.

The Georgia Bureau of Investigation is leading the investigation. Anyone with information is asked to call (706) 624-1424, (706) 638-1913 or (706) 375-7810.
rd

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a lot of important detail from local reporting in the Walker County Messenger. Several points come across:

- The divorce was at a critical point. She was not just planning on moving out, but actually moving out. She was to meet her ex the next day (Friday) at the bank to transfer ownership of their home to him.

- She was to go to her new apartment in another town on Wednesday, but nothing said about the critical Thursday.

- She was reported missing on Saturday. Her mother who lives close by only knew she was missing on Friday night. Again, nothing about anyone missing her on that critical Thursday during the day.

- The ex is acting strange with the "she always goes off on little trips, no reason to report her missing", telling the police an overnight bag as well as her purse is missing, etc. Clearly he's trying to insinuate she's a runaway.

I think all my opinions are still on base, he still went to see her after fishing with the lawyer, but on Thursday, not Wednesday.

rd

Family, friends and co-workers hold hope for missing dispatcher
Walker County Messenger
Tim Carlfeldt
03/28/07

Theresa Parker was scheduled to move into this residence at 59 Flagstone Drive in Fort Oglethorpe. (Messenger photo/Terry Pennington)

The people of the rescue service community in Walker County are a tight-knit group, and since one of their own went missing last week, they’ve been hoping for good news.

Emergency dispatch supervisor Theresa Parker was last seen the evening of Wednesday, March 21. She has been employed at the Walker County 911 center since its inception more than 15 years ago.

“She’s an excellent employee. She’s never missed work without communicating in advance,” said her boss David Ashburn, Walker County coordinator.

It’s that dedication that has given rise to concerns over not hearing from Theresa in nearly a week.

“It’s very emotional for the rescuers because she is a colleague, and many of them are close friends of hers,” said Randy Camp, chief of Walker County Emergency Service.

Camp, whose daughter works as a 911 dispatcher under Parker, said she has earned a lot of respect through hard work and excellence in her job. “There are strong ties here — my daughter is pretty upset.”

According to to friends and family members, Theresa was in the final steps of a difficult divorce from her second husband Sam, a LaFayette police officer, and was in the process of moving out of their house on Cordell Road northeast of LaFayette.

According to relatives, Theresa clocked out from the Walker County 911 Emergency Center, where she is a supervisor, about 6 a.m. on Wednesday, March 21., and planned to go to her new residence in Fort Oglethorpe. She called her sister about 10:30 p.m. that day. She was reported missing Saturday morning. Her vehicle was found parked at the couple’s residence on Cordell Road in LaFayette.

Authorities say Sam, a sergeant with the LaFayette Police Department, went on a fishing trip on Thursday, March 22.

Records show officers responded to domestic disputes at Parker residence

Sam and Theresa Parker apparently had some problems, according to records obtained from the 911 center where she worked. The couple are undergoing a divorce. Officers went to the residence on two occasions responding to calls for domestic disputes — once in May 2002 and again in April 2004. There were two calls for assistance on May 4, 2004, one from Theresa and another from Sam 31 minutes later. The dispatch report states Sam wanted an officer to come to check the house. He told dispatchers that Theresa was telling her family “he tore up the house and struck her and advised it did not happen.”

“We hope that she’ll show up, that maybe she was too scared to say anything,” Camp said, adding that there’s a certainty among her friends that she may well have wanted to get away from her personal troubles for a few days.

But when days passed without her contacting her sister or mother, concern became more serious. “It’s one of those things where it doesn’t look good, but you keep hoping and praying for the best,” Camp said.

Theresa’s family is doing just that, having been told by Walker County Sheriff Steve Wilson that the efforts to find her are still being considered a search as opposed to a recovery.

“The sheriff, his deputies, the GBI — they’ve all been so good to us,” said her mother Claire Caruthers, who lives just up the road from where Theresa and Sam lived.

The couple bought and put a double-wide trailer on about an acre given to Theresa by Caruthers, who said that with the pending divorce Theresa had agreed to sell Sam her interest in the land and the trailer home.

“They were supposed to close the deal at the bank on Friday (March 23) but of course she wasn’t around,” Caruthers said.

According to her cousin Nancy Robinson, another situation that adds to the list of important things Theresa was scheduled to attend to last week was the delivery of a new washer and dryer at the apartment she was moving to in Fort Oglethorpe.

Family members have been cooperating with the sheriff and GBI search efforts, several going on horseback through area woodlands.

“She’s got to be somewhere,” said her cousin Eddie Cordell, who was preparing for another trip by horse on Wednesday afternoon.

Caruthers noted that Sam and Theresa both had told her that despite the divorce they were looking to remain friends.

But Sam has earned her suspicion because he hasn’t contributed to the search efforts. “He came by here Saturday evening before his work shift,” the mother said. “He came in crying and saying, ‘What happened? We were going to part as friends.’”

Caruthers said she asked Sam why he hadn’t reported Theresa missing after 24 hours, to which he responded that he didn’t think much of it because Theresa often liked to take off on little trips every once in a while.

“I said he should’ve thought it strange because she was in the middle of packing and moving,” she said, noting that Theresa had reserved a rental truck in Chickamauga for moving Saturday. “Now he hasn’t called anyone in her family to ask how they’re doing or if they need anything.”

Robinson also expressed disgust at what she perceived as Sam Parker’s lack of concern for his missing wife, saying, “Divorce or not, after 14 years he should be out looking for her.”

It’s been an emotional roller coaster for Caruthers, who filed the missing person report Saturday morning, having only learned of Theresa’s disappearance the night before.

“I cried all night because I didn’t know what to do,” she said, adding that Theresa stayed in contact with her on a daily basis. “She’s such a good person — she took care of the whole family.”

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to: