www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Theresa Parker, LaFayette,GA- Missing 3/21/07
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rd

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just tell the truth. It's not too much to ask.

It really isn't. But Parker's interview is a perfect illustration of why silent ex's stay silent, or wish they had. They can't tell the truth.

Sherry, yes indeed we are on the same page. That is incredible that you have spent time in the national forest that I suspect should be searched for Theresa, a forest close to her new apartment between there and her home with the ex she was moving out of.

Your description reminds me very much of the search for Chandra, of the Rock Creek national park a few miles from her apartment, and even less from Condit's, and of the cave country of Luray, Va.

Another similarity is the role cell phone technology played in Chandra's disappearance and now Theresa's six years later. I will be posting more on that.

The timeline is very shaky. It is in fact why Parker says he will not go there. We can rest assured if he ever does it will be yet a new version of lies.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WTVC ABC News Channel 9 of Chatanooga is reporting that blood was found in the latch of the back hatch of Theresa's vehicle, a Toyoya Forerunner.

They searched the Parker's home again, this time focusing on the garage by putting black plastic up to block light as they look for evidence of blood.

Here is their report:

from www.newschannel9.com (fair use)

http://www.newschannel9.com/articles/parker_12590___article.html/search_theresa.html

GBI and FBI Surprise Parker With Another Search
WTVC ABC News
May 25, 2007

Several GBI and FBI agents surprised Sam Parker this morning with another search of his home.

Parker is the estranged husband of missing Walker County, Georgia dispatcher Theresa Parker, unseen NOW for more than two months.

Agents removed several bags of items, swept the living room and focused on the garage.

The FBI's Evidence Response Team draped black plastic over the garage to block out all light.

They searched for any traces of blood.

Our investigation showed back in late March, they found blood in Theresa Parker's Toyota Forerunner.

An agent's testimony for the March search warrant reads quote "There were drops of blood found where the latch of the back hatch of the forerunner meets the body, down in the dip or well that is in the body where the hatch latches.

In his first public comments, Parker told an Atlanta television station he did NOT kill Theresa.

A neighbor told us she didn't believe him because of lack of emotion and effort in the search.

Virginia Cordell said, "I have never saw him shed a tear. My son rode horses until he had sores on his legs, hunting (for Theresa Parker)."

Parker, fired from the LaFayette police department for having explosives in his locker, says his life has been ruined.

He has not been charged with anything.

But the G-B-I has focused on him more than any other person.

© 2007 Freedom Communications
gozgals

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just one comment on what Sam stated, It pisses me off he says "His life has been ruined!" I have to disagree Sam. It is your wives life that has been ruined and family to be blunt. I feel you are responsible. All evidence leads to you. Keep it simple....

There is no reason at all for these ex's to speak. They just dig themselves into the Peterson hole and can't get out. Why bother if they are not going to get charged?

Gozgals
rd

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They speak when they are in trouble, when whatever they tried to make themselves look like they're not involved in the woman's disappearance isn't working.

It's an act of desperation, and it shows. That's why they are silent until desperate.

rd
Sherry

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They also speak to talk themselves into believing themselves, and if they believe it then so should everyone else.

This past weekend my husband and I were in the Talledega National Forest (we love to camp and we love the great outdoors) and we were talking about this case and the other missing people out there.....it's incredible the amount of people that could be in those woods and the general public would NEVER know about it. We found some woods that looked as if they had never been found by anyone before....

There is too much opportunity to dispose of things and people....unfortunately the killers are becoming too good at what they do.....I personally feel that there are too many shows out there to show how to commit a crime and get away with it....

This coming from someone who learns from those shows, and the police departments I have gotten to know suggest watching them, such as Forensic files and Cold Case Files (CSI is just silly ;^) )......

Anyway, I was out of pocket the entire weekend, so I haven't been able to follow up on anything new, but it sounds to me like they are getting closer to finding clues, but I honestly wonder if they will find her.....

On a side note, 9 times out of ten it is the spouse who causes harm (or someone that person is close to or in a relationship with) but there is ALWAYS that one who has nothing to do with the dissapearance. Our little Run Away Bride (crazy woman that she was) scared the bajeebers out of her fiancee, he was truly worried sick about the woman, so I'm always very skeptical to point fingers so quickly.

I feel, however, the Mr. Parker knows what happened to his wife. Did he kill her? No. Did he have her killed? Yes. This is what I believe.....
Sherry

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An update on this case:

http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_108184.asp

Looks like the PD is not ready to shake this yet. Also, there's no word yet (that we've been told) about the blood found in the lock of the hatch.....
rd

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Chatanoogan is reporting that Walker County Sheriff Steve Wilson is leading a search of timber company property south of Lafayette, which is between the Parker's home and Sam Parker's family home, where he was staying while they were separated.

They said that was where the last signal from the cell phone came from.

That's interesting that they can pinpoint an area now, when in the beginning they said the cell phone carrier couldn't pinpoint the signal within 40 square miles.

OnTheOtherHand on Websleuths.com posted some excerpts from articles citing GPS references. Is this something they came to find out about from the cell phone carrier later, and that GPS locations were transmitted from the cell phone? I will have to check into GPS signal transmission from the GPS enabled cell phones.

Or they knew it all along. I hope so, and they were sandbagging. Good call.

rd
gozgals

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My guess Rd is they knew it all along, they had too, and they are just releasing the information to the public. Can't see how they wouldn't know.

Gozgals
Sherry

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. The GBI and the local offices there are holding information, but they have to be very selective on what they share. This is a relatively small community and as you can imagine rumors fly quickly. All it takes is one slip about what MIGHT be found or what MIGHT be out there and that's all she wrote.

The search on Saturday brought up zip.

Oh, and I've been reading here, and I know they searched houses and such, but I can't recall, have they searched SP's parents home?
rd

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Responding to an informative email concerning Theresa's cell phone and GPS location and my earlier stated intent to post more on it:

I unfortunately was never able to follow up and do the GPS cell phone research, having been occupied by the Jennifer Kesse case since I wrote that (see Jennifer Kesse, 24, missing from Orlando).

I wasn't sure about frequency of GPS transmission (which he wrote is about every 5 minutes), and wasn't sure about likelihood of having GPS enabled on her cell phone.

However, two points on GPS. One is that I upgraded a Sprint cell phone to a Blackberry three months ago and in looking at the phones "GPS-enabled" was listed in big letters as a feature. Some were not GPS enabled, even PDA level cell phones.

Secondly, I have never seen anything about GPS on my T-Mobile Razr cell phone. I researched this thoroughly just now and the T-Mobile Razr V3 does not have GPS. The Razr V3c (e.g. Alltel, Verizon) does.

It appears that whether Theresa had a GPS location transmission would be very much dependent on the carrier and phone model she had. In general, the GPS is being said to be with CDMA radio signalling, while T-Mobile's is quad band GSM which is universal, or at least international.

Since Lafayette's primary phone carrier is Alltel, there's a good chance that Theresa had a cell phone such as a Razr V3c with GPS, which is entirely independent of the initial cell phone tower location situation originally referred to by the sheriff.

But was the cell phone on the entire time showing her location every 5 minutes, or turned on all of a sudden several miles south of her home to provide a clearly all too convenient "last location"?

If it was on the whole time, it would be clear where she was and when.

If it was turned on in the middle of the night in a forest, it is not clear at all.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Walker County Messenger is reporting that the sheriff will hold a news conference this afternoon on status of Theresa's disappearance.

Also, friends have created a web site for Theresa. It is www.findtheresaparker.com

rd

click to read story
http://news.mywebpal.com/news_tool_v2.cfm?pnpID=730&NewsID=815079&CategoryID=3511&show=localnews&om=0
Sheriff plans news conference today in missing dispatcher case
Walker County Messenger - LaFayette,GA
rd

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chicoliving on websleuths.com has posted that the GBI is asking for help in the investigation of Theresa's disappearance.

They are asking property owners in Walker, Catoosa, and Chattooga counties to inspect any natural or manmade earth openings on their property for the following items last seen with Theresa:

* Black Nextel flip phone
* Large dark color shoulder bag, maroon or dark brown
* Clothing, yellow blouse with mid length sleeves and
* white trim, blue jeans and brown leather sandals Overnight bag

click to read the rest from Walker County Messenger
http://news.mywebpal.com/news_tool_v2.cfm?show=localnews&pnpID=730&NewsID=816661&CategoryID=3511&on=1

This is a good move by investigators, should have come much sooner, but glad they did.

This is the first I've seen of what kind of cell phone Theresa had that was being looked for.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OnTheOtherHand on websleuths.com wrote:
rd-

There is still something about that “last phone call” that has me curious.
I was not clear as to whether it was a tower ping, a sat ping, a call received or a call placed.

I went back to the Walker County Messenger and came up with these two important details. These articles were from March 29th and 31st. At that time, no foul play was being discussed.

The first quote as follows:

“The reason we chose this area is because this is south of the Parker home and because the last cell phone call received was from the cell tower in this area, Sheriff Wilson said. Sheriff Wilson said the cell phone transmission was made sometime after midnight on Thursday, March 22, but he declined to give any further details.”

“The last phone call received” would make me think someone called her.
“The cell phone transmission was made” makes me think she called someone.

Then in the next article the GBI investigator offered this:

“Investigators said they used a global positioning satellite to locate Parker’s cell phone and know the last number dialed, but have not released that information.”

Keeping that in mind, it has also been concluded by many that only the 911 calls from a cell phone are presently designed to enable the GPS location feature.

Therefore, if:
* A 911 call enables the GPS locator feature, and other calls do not
and if-
*Investigators used GPS to locate Parkers cell phone
and if-
*Investigators refered to the "last number dialed" (as in outbound)
and if-
*Wilson refered to "the last phone call received" and in the same breath refered to it as "the cell phone transmission was made" (Wilson has never liked talking about this particular call. Nancy Grace knows that too)
Then-
I can only confer, per the reports, that TP called 911. Was the call ignored? Was the call somehow misshandled? Is this why LE seems to be so touchy with info having to do with that call? Did SP get a 2 day head start by design, accident or luck?

Because, It was 2 days later when TP's mom called the Sheriff to report her missing. 911 hangups are routinely investigated.

See what Im saying? Otoh

TT

I do see what you're saying, TT. Previously I had posted that for example my Motorola Razr on T-Mobile doesn't have GPS, but that the Razr on Alltel which covers Lafayette does. And since the sheriff was saying they had GPS info as to last location, I thought that explained it.

And then you bring up that many have concluded that only 911 would transmit the GPS info. That I had to look into.

What I found is incredibly complicated.

It is made even more difficult when we take into account that anything said by law enforcement may be deliberately or unintentionally misleading, and that is just with the little information that is released.

But let's narrow the issues down a little.

The statement from the sheriff on Nancy Grace reporting that the carrier could only narrow down a call in that area to 40 square miles I took as the carrier not storing the call tower used in transmissions in that area.

Another statement also referred to the last call received sometime after midnight in that area. And so initial searches were to cover those 40 square miles.

Then later the sheriff referred to a location identified with GPS information which was searched, and finally investigators release the info that the cell phone is a Nextel.

There are two aspects of this that need to be known to understand - one is Assisted GPS used by Nextel and the other is GPS privacy settings on the cell phone.

The way that Assisted GPS location identification works is that the cell tower sends some tower GPS location info to the cell phone at the start of a call, the cell phone takes a reading (or uses last good reading if necessary) using that info, and sends the info back to tower and on through the network where it is stored with call information.

The significance of this is that the GPS info from the tower with a call is required for the cell phone to get a reading of its location, but even then it doesn't compute it, it just sends the reading back based on the GPS privacy setting the user has set on their cell phone.

If the privacy setting is E911 only, then the cell phone GPS reading is only sent on 911 calls. if the privacy setting is Enable location, then the GPS reading is sent on all calls.

My interpretation is that the carrier gave the sheriff the initial information that it does not store cell tower id info in that area not only for pings but even for calls.

But based on type of phone and privacy setting, they found that an unanswered call was made to Theresa's cell phone after midnight which prompted Theresa's cell phone to return a GPS reading.

However, if her cell phone privacy setting was E911 only, then a 911 call would have had to have been made to get that GPS reading.

My guess is that given Theresa's job and her fear for her safety, she would had her privacy setting set to transmit location on all calls.

Anything else would be even more difficult to explain.

rd
laskipper

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting topic-

It would be a crime and a shame if TP had called 911 and there was no response.

On the subject, do you suppose that Sam and Theresa had the "family plan" where the 2 phones are tied to each other?

IOW- both phones were on the same wave length, so to speak?

I'm totally lost about this sort of technology- but find it facinating.

ls
rd

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure that if she were she took him off the plan. She was moving to an apartment in Rossville to the north and didn't even want him to know where she lived.

Rightfully, she feared for her safety from this small town cop, as did his previous wife.

And we see Jessie Davis (see North Canton, OH nine months pregnant mom disappears) didn't have the warning to fear for her life from a small town cop, and likely Tara Grinstead (see 30 year old Georgia teacher Tara Grinstead missing) and Jennifer Kesse (see Jennifer Kesse, 24, missing from Orlando) as well.

rd
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 7 of 10

Jump to: