www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Theresa Parker, LaFayette,GA- Missing 3/21/07
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gozgals

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 1:25 am    Post subject: Tip Line for Theresa Reply with quote

http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_106491.asp

<snip>
Tip Line Created In Missing Walker County Woman Case

posted April 30, 2007

Walker County Sheriff Steve Wilson announced Monday that he has implemented a telephone tip line in the Theresa Parker missing person investigation.

Sheriff Wilson encourages anyone who may have information about the missing 911 operator to call the tip line at 706-639-CALL (2255).

Ms. Parker, a 911 operator, has been missing since March 21.

Floyd County District Attorney Leigh Patterson is now handling the case after Buzz Franklin of the Lookout Mountain Judicial Circuit recused himself.

Mr. Franklin said he has long been acquainted with former LaFayette Police Department Sgt. Sam Parker, who has been listed as a "person of interest" in the case.

Sam Parker has not made a statement, but his sister said he denies any involvement in the disappearance.
<snip>

Comments: Sam has made no statements. Hum, how strange in a case like this one for the "person of interest" not to be talking!!! It's nice to see many have recused themselves off the case because they are closely involved with Sam or know him.

Gozgals
rd

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

from websleuths.com

OnTHEotherHAND writes:

It seems futile to try and figure this puzzle out with such little info.

Why is LE so stingy with information on a case such as this one? I do not understand why the investigation relies so heavily on keeping secrets and the hush-hush closed door attitude. What happened is done. There is no way to go back and change it. So why not make the public privy to acurate, up to date information? LE keeps asking for help. Yet, they play this childish guessing game with what they know. It seems like a “help line” would be better served if the helpers knew more accurately how to help. Does someone really think the “killer” could continue to keep his cover by knowing what LE had discovered?

Someone said something about tainting a potential juror… Keep the investigation under wraps so as to not screw up a trial. What?

I seriously doubt a juror of sound mind and body would be blinded from the truth for having known more information before a trial. Actually, I think that having a potential juror left in the dark for weeks or months prior to ever being selected to decide on a case like this one is worse than having that person informed as the facts unfold.

Obviously I don’t know a thing about prosecuting criminals. Could someone shed some light on me? Why all the secrecy?

Good questions, Otoh. The info I mentioned came from interviews of Theresa's mother and the lawyer fishing friend. It's not that the answers aren't known, newspaper articles just don't go into that kind of detail. I thought locals would know more details of the interviews than were printed from talk with those who knew the family or the fishing buddy.

It's just a matter of reasoanableness. Why would the fishing buddy say they finished fishing and went to a barbeque restaraunt at 2:30 and the ex tell his mother-in-law he was back at the house at 3pm?

The fishing buddy had nothing to hide and was basically defending the ex. How far is the fishing, the restaraunt, and his house from Theresa'a house? All close by, or is it totally unreasonable to think that they could go to lunch at 2:30 after a day of fishing and yet the ex is telling his mother-in-law and presumably the police early on that he was back at the house a half hour later and Theresa was gone?

I'm thinking the details of what Theresa mother and the fishing buddy told the press weren't secrets and were told to others, and that the family would know whether the ex worked Thursday night or not, and that many would know when Ben was working. Secret details only the police know I wasn't hunting for. :)

rd
rd

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

from websleuths.com

OnTHEotherHAND wrote:

rd-

I realize you were not trying to spread any LE secrets. I just want to know why LE is so secretive in the first place. The tactic of going underground is not, in my opinion, a very productive one. The result is rumor, damaging misinformation, frustration and general chaos among those hungry for answers, who would like to help.

I ate lunch yesterday at the BBQ restaurant in question. I left the parking lot, traveled north and was back home in 12 minutes. I live 3 minutes from Cordell Road. I could have left the BBQ restaurant and traveled south, placing me at the fishing hole in 15 minutes.

So, the timetable is quite reasonable.

Local information is very odd. Even the “informed” sources seem to be confussed. I have spoken personally with 7 or 8 people in the last two days that usually know exactly whats going on in town.
The subject of SP BC and TP is whispered about as if it were some kind of poison,taboo tale from the crypt….

My opinion is that LE is bluffing their hand. I think they are drawing dead on the river and they are hoping someone will fold before they have to show their cards… By shutting up, they essentially moved all in. Poor strategy if you ask me. But, what do I know?

Thanks for the info on the locations and distances, otoh. That does sound reasonable.

If anyone hears of whether Sam was working Thursday night, or Ben on Wednesday and Thursday nights, that would be very helpful.

During Chandra's disappearance I railed against the DC police and FBI actions and non-actions, but I don't see anything obvious here that the Walker County LE could be doing different. But I'm not close to it, either.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's some info on the record of her last cell phone location. South of the home "sometime after midnight", deliberately vague.

What we normally see is the perp taking the battery out of the cell phone while driving the body away to hide it. This would indicate he was headed south with Theresa, and not that long after when would have arrived home from her new apartment to begin moving in the morning.

So the police were searching a large wooded area in the southerly direction from home. Nothing was found. Purse, cell phone, and keys are missing.

One has to assume that the ex knows all this about cell phone location and may have driven south before turning it off as a diversion in that direction.

The ex was at the home at 7:30pm to see her before she left, trying to find out where she was moving. Her sister got a phone call from the house at 10:44 pm with seemingly insufficient time for Theresa to get there from her new apartment, where she was seen outside on a cell phone call at 10:15pm. The police say they know who this last call was with.

The ex said he was there at 6am to pick up a motor for his fishing boat. So if he was there all night and took a journey with Theresa after midnight it couldn't have been all that far to be back for his fishing alibi.

rd

More than 200 volunteers turn out for search
Dawn Treglown
Walker County Messenger
03/31/07

“The reason we chose this area is because this is south of the Parker home and because the last cell phone call received was from the cell tower in this area, Sheriff Wilson said. Sheriff Wilson said the cell phone transmission was made sometime after midnight on Thursday, March 22, but he declined to give any further details.

Parker’s sister, Hilda Wilson, said, “She left my sister’s house about 9:30 or 10 p.m. Wednesday night.”

end quote
rd

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

from websleuths.com

Ok, I found part 1 of this thread on websleuths http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48058 and started reading. Chicoliving posted quote that Ben was also off Wednesday night:

LaFayette Police Officer Arrested In Theresa Parker Case
~snip~

LaFayette Police Chief Tommy Freeman said Chaffin and Ms. Parker's estranged husband, both worked the evening shift.

But he said they were both off duty the night she disappeared - Wednesday night, March 21.

Officials declined to say what kind of false statement Chaffin gave.

~snip~

end quote

I wonder if either one was scheduled to work Thursday night, although probably a moot point.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

from a post on websleuths.com, responding to a comment questioning rewards:

Rewards are primarily for publicity purposes to keep a story alive, if not the person who has disappeared. Without an announcement of another reward donation, there would be no news to report in these cases, save the occasional anniversary story.

Rewards also are based on appealing to bad people who associate with other bad people who commit crimes. Bad people talk to each other, and it's the hope of police that a bad person will hear talk and try to collect on it.

Of course bad people don't really have to actually hear something to try to collect. That's what makes them bad.

None of this applies to typical silent ex when a woman disappears. They are rarely experienced bad people and typically don't have associates involved in their deed, nor feel a compulsion to talk about it, such as some bad people may do to brag about their misdeeds.

I suppose there must be the occasional person who suffers from a pang of conscience and feels compelled to confess to someone, but haven't seen that with silent ex's.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

from websleuths.com

OnTHEotherHAND wrote:
The “silent X” profile is rather interesting.

rd writes:
None of this applies to typical silent ex when a woman disappears. They are rarely experienced bad people and typically don't have associates involved in their deed, nor feel a compulsion to talk about it, such as some bad people may do to brag about their misdeeds.

I suppose there must be the occasional person who suffers from a pang of conscience and feels compelled to confess to someone, but haven't seen that with silent ex's.

I quickly searched for anything on the “silent x” or “silent ex” and did not find much. Could it be that “silent x” is an rd original?

rd-- From your archived posts I have compiled a partial list of traits common to the “silent x” personality. See if I have it correct and add to or edit as you deem accurate.

Silent X

* Typically don’t involve other people in their deed. Act alone.
* Seldom compelled to discuss their actions.
* Seemingly bear no guilt or remorse for their deed.
* Refuse to take lie detector test.
* Ability to remain silent for years on end without breaking down
* History of domestic abuse both verbal and physical
* Often a control freak. Calm and collected exterior with a violent rage inside.
* ….

Rd- I invite you to continue the list of commonalities and if applicable, address the following circumstances:

* children/no children
* average age of silent x?
* occupations?
* repeat offenders?
* conviction rate
* do they eventually relocate geographically or not?
* is pleasure derived from foiling authority’s i.e. Munchausen syndrome?
* are the suicide threats ever carried out or is that behavior motivated by another need for attention?
* supposing the silent x averted the criminal courts- do they ever face charges in the civil arena? i.e. oj simpson

Finally, slightly off subject but a short answer will suffice…. In your humble opinion- Who killed jb Ramsey?

otoh
rd

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

from websleuths.com

angelmom wrote:
This is really on point, and it applies to a lot of cases I can think of.

Another thing that applies to the silent x - not only does he not cave under pressure, but it seems as though other people do not either.

Maybe I'm not following the same lines as you, so you might have to steer me back on track, but if I am, I am surprised in all of these cases that people didn't come out of the woodwork to tell old horror stories about the guy. Not even exaggerated ones for media attention.

So, not only does the silent x have the ability to withstand a great deal of stress from LE, he inspires some sort of loyalty or there is some other reason why we are not seeing women from his past telling about their close calls with him. We are only hearing rumors of those things. Why is that?

This also happened with Scott Peterson, Michael Peterson, OJ...just the ones off the top of my head.
rd

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

angelmom, I'll just respond real quick to you before tackling otoh's questions. There are women from the past who are afraid and speak up about it, at least to those close to them and law enforcement.

There are posts at websleuths that Sam Parker's prior wife has done that. When Chandra disappeared, a number of women from Condit's past went to LE out of fear for their lives.

It's not that common because there's not that much opportunity to have a number of women from the ex's past who are afraid. Maybe the occasional ex-wife as in Theresa's case.

More to the point is the history of the women with the ex prior to disappearing.

The family standing by these guys in some ways has to make you think it is exactly that pathetic enabling that produces such selfish, conscienceless men that we see in silent ex's.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

from websleuths.com

Silent ex may well be an rd original. Goodness knows I never knew of such a thing before getting involved in trying to figure out clues from Chandra's PC, then seeing another Modesto women disappear and the web community pointing out the uncanny resemblances between Scott Peterson and Gary Condit. And after enough women disappear you just realize there is a silent ex behind one missing women after another.

There's no average age to them. They aren't very young, there's usually a financial incentive for the woman to disappear mixed with control issues. Children, or in Laci's case, an unborn child, sometimes contribute to the financial incentive in the form of child support requirements.

There are so many of these cases where the missing woman hasn't been found that I hesitate to generalize about prosecution, criminal or civil. But I would say in general where a missing woman has been able to be found the murderer, often the ex, is able to be prosecuted successfully.

Like ages, other aspects of the silent ex's run the gamut of occupation, income, background, etc. I don't think there's a profile except that what one might expect in a profile, a particulary abusive man without any Boy Scout awards and such hasn't been the profile of any of these men.

I don't have an exact count of missing woman cases in the last six years which have been profiled on crime boards but it's depressingly too frequent. Sometimes it slows down and I think maybe a few of these women will be found and some cases can wrap up and we can stop sending out search parties for yet another victim, and then yet another woman disappears.

About the only thing they have in common is a silent ex. I don't think the ex gets any pleasure in this, but has definitely justified to themself. I have mentioned BTK Strangler a couple of times in comparison, and I would say that kind of able to operate as a totally respectable human being despite what they have done. However being silent except when they think they can control the dialogue is an important part of carrying it off.

Threatening suicide is generally not part of it. I think when they feel they are losing control of the dialogue, perhaps have caught in a lie they're not able to lie out of, is a way to escape the rationality of it.

Besides Parker, I can only recall Lori Hacking's husband doing something similar in checking himself into a ward. Too much pressure from not only police but an unpathetic, unenabling family applying too much pressure for answers than he could deal with.

If only all the silent ex's had families like that.

rd

Off off topic P.S. I haven't spent the years analyzing the details of JonBenet's murder as others have, but I've followed enough of their sleuthing to believe that the ransom note was written by Patsy after the death as a coverup. I think any conclusion drawn from that is close enough.
rd

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

from websleuths.com

Early on the smell of decomposition could have been detected from quite a distance, and from everything I've read the local Georgia investigators have tried very hard to detect it.

As time goes by it must be much less detectable, but if we are to believe a certain unnamed Rock Creek Park visitor who says he was looking for turtles, his dog came up the side of a hill from a road and found Chandra Levy's skull under a pile of leaves and brush.

I can tell you from experience that that required climbing down into and back up out of a fifteen foot deep gully in the process, so it took some perseverance to get there.

I doubt Theresa was placed relatively in the open in such an inaccessible place as that, because it would require the killer and possible accomplice to access the inaccessible, with a body, in the middle of the night.

But the dump the body not far off a road has been attempted to be eliminated, and the potential for being dropped down some hole and covered up or weighted down in water are great.

It is a very sad situation. Chandra's body, while inaccessible from below, was some distance down a tree covered hillside from a park hiking trail, paved road, and picnic area. And yet she was not found for a year, despite the many dog walkers who came before the turtle hunter.

So close, yet so far.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

from a post at websleuths.com asking about the use of dogs in searching for Theresa:

The news articles have cited that multiple teams with dogs searched a large area south of Theresa's home where her cell phone signals were last picked up, after midnight on Wednesday.

Posters and articles have also said there were dogs with the divers searching ponds. They would be looking for a hit on any of the ponds as well as diving into some even without a hit. That's in addition to draining a nearby one.

This was one of their own, a 911 dispatcher. I'm sure they pulled out all the stops for her from the get go. Same with Tara Grinstead in Ocilla. And Tara hasn't been found either.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

from a post at websleuths:

In a way I think you can say that the investigators have a massive amount of information to search through, and in another, you can say they have nothing, she may as well have vanished in thin air. I think it's the latter.

There are two tracks on this, one the intrigue and one following the logic of what little is known. The intrigue has been pretty eventful. Lots about judges, and what actually happened with drinking buddy Ben that night is wholly intriguing in itself. Whether any of that intrigue ever sheds any light on Theresa's disappearance I suppose we'll see someday in a confession from the witness stand or something. It's hard for me to believe there's anything to any of it or else there'd be lots of investigators being just as intrigued.

The other track doesn't have much in it. I would say my one observation is that I don't believe in the cell phone signal going south of Theresa's house business. Yes, it did, but I don't believe it's an indication of where her body is.

To believe that, one has to believe that the killer took Theresa some distance with her cell phone on, and the nature of the cell phone coverage is that location is anywhere within 40 miles, and at some point on this drive, decides to turn off Theresa's call phone. While he's driving? When he gets to the location to hide her body? Sometime later after he's dumped the body to make it look like she travelled further?

Whatever the answer, I do not believe for a minute that the cell phone signal headed south is any indication whatsoever of Theresa's location. I think it is only an indication of what the killer wants police to think concerning Theresa's location, and in that, what we must think about that.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I was just going through Theresa's thread when you posted, goz. I was looking for behavior from the ex that would tip off that he planned to make sure that Theresa didn't successfully move out and sell the house to him on Friday.

Taking it from the perspective that he didn't have anything to do with Theresa's disappearance, he would have been buying her share out for the house on Friday and moving back in when she moved out on Saturday.

Anything that indicated he knew that wouldn't happen?

Was the financing for the sale at the bank on Friday ready? Or had he not bothered taking actions needed for it to go through?

He was at her house Wednesday evening, from what I understand from info in a news report, after burning some leaves and debris in the yard at his father's house according to a neigbor.

Theresa told her sister that he offered to get her some boxes for the move, which totally surprised her. She said it wasn't like him.

I am thinking that burning the leaves and then going to see her just before she disappeared with a totally out of character excuse was for a reason. What reason? I don't know, but I suspect it was to have an excuse for any evidence that may have been found.

No evidence was found, and no excuse needed, but I also think that a phone call made from Theresa's house to her sister three hours later was to establish an intruder at her home, thus no surprise that she disappeared.

That the family immediately suspected him of making the call and no mention of an intruder from the police I think didn't go to plan.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Concerning the phone call, I am thinking a couple of things.

One, although I rarely use it, many phones have a redial button, often well marked, although if it isn't it might point to someone who knows the phone well, like maybe it's his own.

I suspect that the person who called at 10:44 pm only hit the redial button, and on purpose. I think that it would be an attempt to show an intruder there who "accidentally" hit the redial button, giving his presence away via caller id.

I am assuming that whether Theresa's sister had noticed or not, that the call, at least this call, the last call from Theresa's house, would be available to investigators, and thus shows suspicious activity in her house at a critical moment, that being just about when she would be returning home from working on her new apartment.

Given it was at that time, there is also the possibility that it was intended to look like Theresa came in the door and was accosted by an intruder, where she was only able to make it to the phone, knock off the receiver, and perhaps redial was supposed to be an accident. She certainly would have dialed 911 if she could dial.

This is also all within context of a very important call, that being the person Theresa was talking to on her cellphone at 10:15 pm, where she was seen by a neighbor talking on her cellphone outside of her new apartment. It is the 10:15 pm to 10:44 pm time frame for which is about the time frame to drive home.

Investigators have stated they know who she was talking to on that last call, but haven't stated who.

It is my assumption that it was the ex. I suspect that he called from his cellphone for some reason as a setup, and indicated to Theresa something which would have placed him well away from her house. It's my feeling that he expected her to call her sister with some info that when that call came from Theresa's house, the ex would not have been suspected of being there.

Theresa left, presumably straight for home, but did not call her sister after that.

I feel the call was made from her house to simulate an attack that hadn't taken place yet, but would shortly.

rd
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10

Jump to: