www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Theresa Parker, LaFayette,GA- Missing 3/21/07
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rd

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are the details of what is known about that critical time period on Thursday. I have to say that with these details, the guy must be a psychopath.

He is all over her house while she's trying to move out, and he wasn't even supposed to be there. You can tell this guy is a control freak. Reminds me of the way the BTK Strangler acted.

I thought it would be too difficult to act normally all day with a friend fishing after murdering a wife who was leaving him. And I do think she wasn't murdered yet, or that he wanted to. Maybe he locked her up and told her to rethink about leaving him and he'd be back. Maybe he just tried to scare her.

He was there Wednesday evening. He was still there at 10:44 and apparently trying to figure out where Theresa went, but denies he made a phone call from Theresa's house to her sister at that time. But someone did. Was that a plan to make it look like someone had broken into her house and was waiting for her? Besides him, of course.

He says he was there at 6am to get his fishing boat motor. Had he even left? Of course not. Theresa wouldn't even have got home till 11pm or so. I'm sure there was quite a confrontation. I just don't know if he tried to scare her by restraining her or actually murdered her and went off fishing as if nothing had happened.

And where was he Thursday afternoon after fishing? Again, I'd be surprised if he has an alibi. He took his fishing boat motor back to the house, and oh, she's gone, with her car still there, but he thinks nothing of it.

I think it was at that point when he took her from that house somewhere to make her disappear. I hope I'm wrong, but that's the way it ends in all these threads.

rd

from www.walkermessenger.com (fair use)

Theresa Parker’s family fearing the worst
Walker County Messenger
Tim Carlfeldt
03/30/07

With more than eight days passed since any word came from her, 911 dispatcher Theresa Parker’s family is growing more fearful that she has met with tragedy.

“Something bad has happened to her,” said her sister Christina Hall in recalling a long list of appointments and events Theresa has missed since last seen Wednesday, March 21.

“The hardest thing is not knowing,” said her brother-in-law Jonathan Wilson, who came up from Florida with his wife, Theresa’s sister Hilda, to hold vigil on Monday. “What we’re focusing on right now is bringing our sister home.”

The mystery is taking its toll on the family’s emotions.

“We’re worn out and broken,” Jonathan said. “We just want to find her, and once we have that we’ll want answers.”

Family last saw Theresa when she visited Christina and her twin 7-year-old sons in Fort Oglethorpe that Wednesday night. “She couldn’t have children of her own so she kind of bonded with them at birth, and has a super close relationship with them,” her sister said. “She is like their second mommy — they think she is ‘it.’”

Because of her pending divorce from husband Sam Parker, a LaFayette police sergeant, Theresa was preparing to move out of the couple’s home in LaFayette, and left her sister’s residence about 9:30 p.m. to go over to her new apartment nearby and clean.

“She said she would probably be there until after midnight, go back to the (couple’s) house in LaFayette to get some sleep, then get up and start packing and moving on Thursday,” her sister said.

According to Christina, Theresa and Sam agreed that Sam would stay at his father’s house in Summerville (his father died very recently).

But Christina believes Sam was at the house that Wednesday night, because at 10:44 p.m. her phone rang and the caller ID showed it was from the house in LaFayette.

“I knew it was not her because she was over at her apartment cleaning. A neighbor saw her outside about 10:15 p.m. talking on her cell phone,” Christina said.

If that is accurate, it would be unlikely that Theresa could have traveled in 29 minutes the distance of more than 24 miles between the new apartment at 59 Flagstone Drive in Fort Oglethorpe to the couple’s house on Cordell Road southeast of LaFayette.

Sam Parker was not on police duty that Wednesday night.

On Thursday Christina did not hear from Theresa, but says she didn’t think much of it because she knew Theresa was going to be busy moving and having things delivered to her new apartment.

But Christina says when she woke up Friday morning she had a strange feeling that something bad had happened. “I had no reason to think that, but the first thing that popped into my head was Theresa,” she said. “So I called and left a message on her cell phone saying for her to call me at work to let me know she was okay.”

Christina was at work all day with no word from her sister, and by Friday evening felt sure something was wrong. “I mean, if one of us was away and didn’t contact her she’d really give us what for, so I was worried.”

The couple was scheduled to meet at The Bank of LaFayette on Friday to finalize the splitting of the equity in their house for the divorce, according to Theresa’s mother Claire Caruthers.

At 8 p.m. Friday, Christina took the twins to a late ball practice. A few days prior Theresa had mentioned coming. “She loves my boys like her own and loved watching them play.”

They got home from the practice at about 9:30 p.m., and Christina called her niece in Florida, who is close with Theresa but who had also not heard from her. She then called her mother — same story. At this point, about 10:45 p.m., she thought to call Sam Parker, who was on duty but could be reached through the 911 dispatch.

“It took him about three minutes to call me back. He didn’t seem concerned. He was like, ‘Hey, what’s goin’ on?’ I asked him when was the last time he had seen Theresa, and he said he went to the house (on Cordell Road in LaFayette) on Thursday morning to get the motor for his fishing boat.”

This was about 6 a.m. and according to Christina, Sam said he went into the house where he saw Theresa’s bedroom door shut, so assuming she was asleep, he did not disturb her. He told Christina that when he returned around 3 p.m. Theresa was gone but her vehicle was still there.

“I asked if he had called my house Wednesday night at 10:44 and he said he did not,” she said, adding that he again denied making the call when she asked him on Saturday.

Theresa told her sister Wednesday night that Sam had been uncharacteristically nice in helping her with the move by getting her boxes. “That’s not like him at all,” Christina said. “It was kind of strange, and Theresa and I even discussed that. I know he could not stand the fact that she was moving out.”

Theresa and her family had been keeping the location of her new apartment secret from Sam, and Christina’s impression is that Sam was perhaps trying to get Theresa to let her guard down to tell him where the apartment is.

She says that Sam had accused her sister of having an extra-marital affair, and she adamantly denies the allegation. “My sister and I are best friends, and I pretty much know where she is all the time, and she simply did not have time for that. There is no truth to that at all. I think it’s just something Sam has dreamed up in his mind.”

The Georgia Bureau of Investigation is leading the investigation. Anyone with information is asked to call (706) 624-1424, (706) 638-1913 or (706) 375-7810.
rd

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and here's the acid test. Over and over, missing women and silent ex's.

rd

LaFayette police corporal arrested in connection with missing woman case
Walker County Messenger
Eric Beavers
04/03/07

(excerpt)

Polygraph, or “lie detector,” tests have been administered during the investigation but GBI representatives would not comment on the goals or results of the tests.

On CNN’s Nancy Grace show Friday night, Sheriff Wilson said Sam Parker has not taken a lie detector test.

The Georgia Bureau of Investigation is leading the investigation. Anyone with information is asked to call (706) 624-1424, (706) 638-1913 or (706) 375-7810.
peripeteia

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rd, I do not think that Sam would have any difficulty being as normal as the day is long, prior and after her murder. I think that a sociopath has no difficulty faking any situation that suits him. My guess is that the officer who was arrested owed Sam a favour.

I think the same for Tara...a similar situation occurred with her boyfriend who was driving around all night with a cop...

My guess has always been that Tara is in a grave with someone else, or she was creamated? Thus the reason why she can't be found, or she is buried on her ex's property or something like that....

My guess is that Sam got very creative as well..

What always surprizes me, is that those who commit such crimes against their wife are so daft as to think they will not get caught...
rd

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe that's part of being a sociopath, kate, I don't know. There are several cases on our board where they did get away with it so far. I hope this won't be another one.

rd
gozgals

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rd, thanks for posting all the additional articles. I agree with most of your theories to date. I think Sam is definitely a psychopath and a sociopath. He probably has no feeling at all and has no guilt.

Does anyone know, or did I skip it in my readings, did he take a polygraph test yet?

This case sadly will end like many of them on the board. I think if he hid the body, it may not be found at all.

Gozgals
rd

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a few posts up, goz, he is yet another silent ex.

rd

On CNN’s Nancy Grace show Friday night, Sheriff Wilson said Sam Parker has not taken a lie detector test.
gozgals

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They all appear to follow the same script, being silent ex's.

What a shame. Let us hope they find her soon.

Thanks for pointing the info. out, Must have scanned right over it.

Gozgals
gozgals

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:51 pm    Post subject: Chaffin waives right to first appearance hearing Reply with quote

Walker County Messenger
(*link wouldn't post)

Chaffin waives right to first appearance hearing

04/05/07
Eric Beavers

LaFayette Police Department Cpl. Harbin “Ben” Chaffin, charged with making false statements in the investigation of missing 911 dispatcher Theresa Parker, waived his right to a first appearance hearing Thursday.

Walker County Chief Magistrate Judge Jerry Day didn’t even put on his robe to make the announcement to the courtroom and said Chaffin’s bond was set at $5,000. Chaffin is represented by LaFayette attorney David Cunningham.

“The purpose of this hearing today, this first appearance hearing, was to advise the defendant of some rights that he has and to discuss the issue of bond,” Day said. “(Cunningh

Jerry Day, Walker County chief magistrate judge am) is going to make him aware of his rights. Mr. Cunningham and the district attorney’s office have agreed to a bond so those issues have all been taken care of.”

As of 1 p.m., Chaffin had not posted bond.

Comments: Wondering still what false statement Chaffin made? They probably can't release it as it is part of the investigation.

Gozgals
rd

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're not giving any hints on it, goz. It could be he's collateral damage in an intensive investigation, might have been as simple as giving some kind of by the books answer to a procedural question when in fact they hadn't done it.

Could be he covered for the ex in some manner but has now been determined to be a lie. Could be he is covering for himself also, or for the both of them.

But I think it's probably simpler and he got caught as collateral damage when a whole lot of procedural questions were asked and he swore that a procedure was followed when it wasn't.

He is released on $5,000 bond now. If he can shed some light on Theresa'a whereabouts I hope he will.

Also, Walker County Messenger reports that the ex was suspended from his job for violation of a personnel policy. That might be the policy that Ben is charged with lying about.

rd

* LaFayette police Sgt. Sam Parker suspended. (Published April 6, 2007)
http://news.mywebpal.com/news_tool_v2.cfm?show=localnews&pnpID=730&NewsID=796705&CategoryID=18845&on=1
rd

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We try to excerpt only new information in articles when we post them, but the Walker County Messenger reporting has been so fact filled that almost the entire article is new information.

Here's an important interview of Georgia Bureau of Investigations Director Vernon Keenan by Eric Beavers of the Walker County Messenger. In it Keenan talks about GBI investigations of missing women, including Sue Ann Ray and Tara Grinstead.

rd

GBI giving missing dispatcher case priority status
Eric Beavers
Walker County Messenger
04/07/07

http://news.mywebpal.com/news_tool_v2.cfm?show=localnews&pnpID=730&NewsID=796846&CategoryID=3511&on=1

The Georgia Bureau of Investigation has to prioritize missing person cases, and the search for missing 911 dispatcher Theresa Parker is at the top of the list, GBI Director Vernon Keenan said.

Keenan was in LaFayette on Friday to personally get a status report from his investigators working Parker’s missing person case and to ensure that Walker County Sheriff Steve Wilson is getting all the assistance he needs.

“These type of cases are a priority for the state of Georgia,” Keenan said. “There’s an entire apparatus that comes into play whenever there is a priority case like this, where evidence submitted to the crime lab gets priority handling, the analytical component of the intelligence unit comes into play and of course the regional office (in Calhoun) that forms the backbone of our investigative capabilities makes it a priority.”

The GBI recorded the number for a set period of time of women beginning with age 18 that were reported missing and then looked at how many of those cases have been resolved.

“We looked at all those reports and started work through our intelligence unit to deter-mine how many of those women are still missing and how many of them have been re-turned,” Keenan said. “Our purpose in that was to try to have the record accurately reflect missing women so law enforcement can stay concentrated on those that are currently still missing.”

“When a female is reported missing under suspicious circumstances it becomes a law enforcement priority as this case has,” he said.

Investigators have to use a sliding scale to prioritize open missing women cases, he said.

“It really prioritizes by the circumstances that they were reported missing,” Keenan said. “If a housewife is missing under suspicious circumstances, that immediately gets law enforcement’s attention. Some of these other people may be persons who have a history of running away, or have a history of mental illness or acute drug abuse.

“Yes, that merits law enforcement’s attention, but not the seriousness of a housewife missing,” he said. “They’re always serious, but some of these cases stand out as a problem.”

Parker has no record of running away, previous disappearances or drug use.

Keenan said there are several high profile cases around the state, both open and closed. Sueann Ray was reported missing last summer in Cherokee County and her vehicle was found abandoned in Wal-Mart parking lot. Law officials arrested her ex-husband for her murder after their recent divorce.

“That was an intense investigation, as is this one (for Parker), with a tremendous amount of resources applied to it with the local law enforcement and the GBI,” Keenan said, adding the Parker case was handled similarly “in the context that every lead is aggressively pursued as it develops.”

In Ocilla, single high school history teacher Tara Grinstead vanished in October 2005. She is still missing and authorities are still looking for her.

“I’m sorry to say these are not unusual cases in the state of Georgia or the United States,” Keenan said. “Some cases become high profile. Others do not.”

“These are important cases and we desperately want to bring resolution to what has happened,” he said.

Keenan, formerly special agent in charge at the regional Calhoun office, worked in northwest Georgia from 1973 to 1988 and is familiar with the area and local law enforcement agencies.

gozgals

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the great article Rd-- very informative, and all the recent updates.

Let us hope they find Theresa soon.

Gozgals

Quote:
“When a female is reported missing under suspicious circumstances it becomes a law enforcement priority as this case has,” he said.
gozgals

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:05 pm    Post subject: Parker Lawyers Up Reply with quote

Sam Parker has hired an attorney. He of course has been advised not to speak to authorities anymore without his lawyer present.

I was wondering what took him so long to lawyer up? I do not know who the attorney is that is representing Parker at the current time.

Gozgals
rd

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not that he was saying much of anything useful these day, goz. And as to legal advice, it doesn't take much to say "my lawyer advised me not to answer questions".

Just an excuse for what he was doing anyway.

I guess there's more than one lawyer looking closely at Scott Peterson's trial and how the jury reacted. This and Hans Reiser's trials will be quite similar, but Sam Parker's trial will be dicey if he managed to make Theresa disappear without leaving a trail of blood, as it appears.

But his proximity and actions around her disappearance compensate.

rd
gozgals

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rd, I know Parker wasn't saying much, I was just shocked this guy didn't lawyer up sooner, like the same day. Most of the guys on our board are quick to hire an atty. to do their talking (or none of their talking, for that matter!!)

Goz
PRESCUIT

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:02 pm    Post subject: THERESA PARKER STORY Reply with quote

YOU GUYS SHOULD READ THE BLOG AT WALKERMESSENGER.COM THESE PEOPLE ARE RIDICULOUS - I AM A SOUTHERNER - LAFAYETTE, GA TO BE EXACT AND THOSE POSTS ARE EMBARRASSING. I WANT THERESA TO BE FOUND AS MUCH AS ANYONE BUT WHAT'S GOING ON IN THAT BLOG IS MORE LIKE A SAGA THAN THE DISAPPEARANCE ITSELF.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 2 of 10

Jump to: