www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Missing: Tara Grant, Michigan- 2/9/07
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gozgals

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just heard the verdict and also read it too and I'm totally shocked and wigging out. How can this be? How can he only get 2nd degree murder for this horrid crime? This makes no sense to me. I hope that he receives life in prison once he is sentenced. Our justice system is getting worse by the year. I don't feel there was any justice for Tara with this verdict.

Happy Holidays

Goz

RD
Quote:
If dismembering a wife who's trying to leave a bad situation is 2nd degree murder, what's it take these days for a 1st degree murder?

I am starting to wonder what it does take to get a first degree sentence myself!
gozgals

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:51 am    Post subject: Sentenced Reply with quote

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/02/21/wife.dismembered.ap/index.html

<snip>
MOUNT CLEMENS, Michigan (AP) -- A man who killed and dismembered his wife was sentenced Thursday to serve at least 50 years behind bars by a judge who called his actions "demonic."

Stephen Grant choked his wife to death and cut up her corpse.

Stephen Grant choked his wife, Tara, to death, then cut up her corpse in a machine shop. After the killing, he tearfully told reporters he wasn't involved in her disappearance.

"Stephen Grant is evil personified," Prosecutor Eric Smith said.

Grant, on the advice of his lawyer, did not speak during the sentencing.

A jury found him guilty in December of second-degree murder. Prosecutors had sought a first-degree murder conviction, but the jury could not unanimously agree that Grant's actions were premeditated.

The defense was seeking a sentence of 15 to 25 years. But Macomb County Circuit Judge Diane Druzinski agreed with the prosecution recommendation of a sentence of 50 to 80 years for the killing.

The judge called Grant's actions "demonic, manipulative, barbaric and dishonest." Grant also received six to 10 years for mutilating the body, to run concurrently with the longer sentence.

Grant, 38, showed little emotion during the hearing, although he looked troubled as Alicia Standerfer, Tara Grant's sister, described how the couple's two young children are struggling with the loss of their mother at the hands of their father.

"He's so much of a coward, he doesn't even look me in the eye in the courtroom," Standerfer said afterward.
<snip>

They got him down when they called him "demonic and a coward!"

Once again, the children are left struggling with the loss of both a mother and a father.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: