www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Phil Spector Guilty of killing Lana Clarkson (case file)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gozgals

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:37 pm    Post subject: from Dateline Series Reply with quote

Did Hollywood record producer Phil Spector shoot actress Lana Clarkson late at night in the hilltop mansion Spector called "The Castle"?

If anyone wants to read the transcript from the show Dateline (it is 6 pages long) please use the following link.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20749858/

***Note: I read that Phil will be retried in the next 6 months. YEA!
gozgals

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:38 pm    Post subject: Phil Spector Seeks New Attorney Reply with quote

From Charles Montaldo,
Your Guide to Crime / Punishment.
<snip>
Phil Spector Seeks New Attorney

Phil Spector, whose murder trial ended in a mistrial when the jury deadlocked 10-2, is seeking a new attorney for his retrial, which is scheduled to begin early next year. Spector fired some of his attorneys after the mistrial and others quit when the jury hung 10-2 in favor of conviction.
Veteran San Francisco attorney Doran Weinberg told the judge in the case that he and Spector were trying to establish a relationship of trust.

"Mr. Spector and I have been in contact and I think we are well on the way to resolving the issue of representation in retrial," Weinberg told Superior Court Judge Larry Paul Fidler. "There's an issue of establishing a relationship of trust based on the previous case."
<snip>

http://crime.about.com/b/2007/11/11/phil-spector-seeks-new-attorney.htm?nl=1

Maybe Phil will have better luck with a new atty. but I doubt it!
gozgals

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:41 am    Post subject: possible update on Phil Reply with quote

I was wondering when they were going to retry Phil. I looked up some information and found an old link from Dec. It stated at the time his new atty. (if he is still going to work with him) says they may go to trial in Sept. of 08.

This is one of the longest trials I have ever seen.

Let's us pray Phil gets his due this time around.

I will update any news as I receive it.

Goz
gozgals

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:53 pm    Post subject: Update on Spector Trial Reply with quote

http://www.mercurynews.com/news/ci_8730330

(Fair Use)
The Mercury News

SNIP

Spector's new defense team won't be ready for trial until fall
By LINDA DEUTSCH
AP Special Correspondent
Article Launched: 03/28/2008 11:13:40 AM PDT

LOS ANGELES—Phil Spector made a brief court appearance Friday in which his new lawyer said he could not be ready for the music producer's murder retrial until September at the earliest.

Meanwhile, the lawyer filed a writ with the California 2nd District Court of Appeal asking that a neutral judge be appointed to decide if Superior Court Judge Larry Paul Fidler should be disqualified from presiding over Spector's second trial because of alleged bias against the defendant.

Comments:
This trial has got to be the longest one in history. Let's get the show on the road and convict Spector. Also, read it may be delayed till next year. How unfair it is to Lana's family and friends. Justice moves so slow. I am wondering if Phil got to the last jury if that is possible with all the money is has.
gozgals

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:32 pm    Post subject: more on Spector Reply with quote

I thought this link just about sums up the man we know as Phil Spector, playing the blame everyone else game!

Good article.

http://insession.blogs.cnn.com/2008/03/30/commentary-tick-tock-mr-spector/

(Fair Use)

March 30, 2008
Commentary: Tick tock, Mr. Spector
Posted: 09:45 AM ET
Ashleigh Banfield, In Session anchor
CNN

SNIP

NEW YORK – So Phil Spector wants a new judge for his new trial, does he?

Ashleigh Banfield thinks Phil Spector should stop blaming others for his predicament.
The latest figure to be blamed for everything that’s wrong with Spector’s wilting life is the Honorable Judge Larry Paul Fidler, who patiently presided over his trial for five long months last year.

It seems Mr. Spector doesn’t think the good judge was good enough.

But Spector’s complaints don’t end there, nor do his efforts to dole out blame for his miserable lot and defame all those involved.

It wasn’t good enough that his first trial ended with a hung jury.

It wasn’t good enough that his own lawyers secured him that deadlock, because he’s gone ahead and replaced every single one of them.

**Hit link for rest of article

Comments
It appears Spector is a big BABY!! Hope they convict him when he goes to trial the next round. He deserves it. Still not sure exactly what happened in his house that night, if it was an accident but everyone knows Phil's reputation for pulling and waving guns around. He appears to love to hold people at gunpoint and Lana did not even know him.

Another lesson for people living during these times-- never go home with strangers, one never knows what will happen!!

SNIP
It wasn’t good enough that Spector besmirched Lana Clarkson’s memory while insisting during his defense that she simply shot herself in the mouth while waiting to leave his California mansion, purse slung over her shoulder.

Goz
gozgals

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 12:45 am    Post subject: New date set (finally) Reply with quote

I heard that Phil's new court date will begin Sept. 29.
Let us pray the jury gets it right this time around.

Goz...
gozgals

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:44 pm    Post subject: Phil is cheap azz Reply with quote

Spector ran up over a 100,000 dollar bill during his court case at a hotel that is now taking him to court.

Anybody think PHIL can afford to pay this bill? The man is loaded.

Just some side notes.

What a cheap azz.

Goz

Source: CNN Crime
gozgals

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:33 am    Post subject: Spector wants evidence out of trial Reply with quote

Of course Phil doesn't want any blood evidence spoken about at his next court trial. He could actually be CHARGED this time. Let us hope so.

(fair use)
Spector wants to exclude gory details at retrial
Associated Press
July 25, 2008

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/07/25/spector.trial.ap/index.html

LOS ANGELES, California (AP) -- Jurors in Phil Spector's upcoming murder retrial should be allowed to hear testimony about blood evidence and the autopsy of the actress he is accused of shooting, prosecutors argued in court documents.

Phil Spector is scheduled to go on trial again later this year in the 2003 slaying of an aspiring actress.

1 of 3 The Los Angeles County district attorney's office opposed a motion by Spector's lawyers to exclude testimony presented at the music producer's first trial by three forensics experts.

They include Dr. Louis Pena, who testified that he conducted an autopsy and concluded Lana Clarkson's death was a homicide.

Spector, famed for his "Wall of Sound" recording technique in the 1960s, is accused of shooting Clarkson at his Alhambra mansion on February 3, 2003.

The defense has claimed Clarkson shot herself, either accidentally or on purpose. A jury deadlocked last year and Spector is facing a retrial in September.

His attorneys have filed several motions to exclude evidence. They also filed a motion arguing that jurors in the retrial shouldn't be allowed to convict Spector on lesser offenses.

At the first trial, the judge refused to instruct jurors that they could find Spector guilty of voluntary or involuntary manslaughter. His attorneys argue that the judge's decision amounted to acquitting Spector on those charges and that the Constitutional ban on double jeopardy means he cannot face them again.

Click link for rest of article and information on case
gozgals

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:57 am    Post subject: Trial begins again Reply with quote

I guess we will see once again what a violent, women hating man this lunatic Phil is. He may be a wizard at what he does, but he still is crazy. Let us hope there will be justice for Lana the second time around.

(fair use)
Retired detective, old flame to testify in Spector retrial
Oct. 30, 2008
Associated Press at CNN

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/10/30/phil.spector.trial.ap/index.html

Snip
LOS ANGELES, California (AP) -- Phil Spector's new lawyer promises to unmask a prosecution witness as someone other than the man who took the stand in the eccentric music figure's first trial.

Phil Spector did not testify at the first trial. He is accused in the death of actress Lana Clarkson.

As the 68-year-old music producer's retrial enters its second day Thursday, lawyer Doron Weinberg says he will show that retired New York City police detective Vincent Tannazzo "is not who he says he is."

Spector's murder retrial reopened Wednesday with Weinberg casting the shooting of Lana Clarkson as a probable suicide and prosecutor Alan Jackson using previous testimony by Tannazzo to portray Spector as a violent man who hated women.

Snip

It's been a year since the jury in Spector's first trial deadlocked 10-2 with the majority favoring conviction on second-degree murder.

Click link for rest of story
gozgals

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:00 am    Post subject: Quote from above article Reply with quote

Pretty Nasty:

Quote:
Tannazzo, scheduled to be the prosecution's first witness Thursday, testified last year that Spector had been ejected from two Manhattan Christmas parties given in the early 1990s by comedian Joan Rivers after yelling obscenities against women and shouting, "'These (expletive for women). They all deserve a bullet in their heads."'

Weinberg called that claim "preposterous." He said the words were never spoken and that he would show that Tannazzo "is not who he says he is."
gozgals

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:53 pm    Post subject: Phil with his hair and bipolar illness Reply with quote

I found pics of celebrites with bipolar illness but I thought I would post it because I loved the pic of Spector and his look. Also, his comment on bipolar illness was worth reading.

(fair use)
Famous Faces of Bipolar Disorder
Fox News- Health
Dec. 1, 2008

http://www.foxnews.com/photoessay/0,4644,5581,00.html
click link

Snip
Quote:
"I have a bipolar personality. I'm my own worst enemy."

Snip
gozgals

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:48 pm    Post subject: Update Latest Reply with quote

This is the latest news if one of the longest cases we have!!

The prosecution has rested and the defense has begun its case.

Can't wait to see the outcome of his second trial.

Goz
Good weekend all.
gozgals

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:51 am    Post subject: Update Reply with quote

On Thursday, the second jury went to Spector's home to view the scene fo the crime. They got to see evidence the first jury never saw. Juror's saw the bloodstained chair that Lana died from a gunshot wound through her mouth.

This case is over 5 years old. Let us hope it is resolved soon and justice is served.

Goz
gozgals

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:41 am    Post subject: 8 pairs of shoes Reply with quote

Lana did not kill herself. It has come out in court that she bought
Eight pairs of shoes the day she died!!

Now what person goes shopping then kills themselves afterward?

Phil is guilty and I hope this jury will do the right thing this time.
Rainbow

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:58 pm    Post subject: "Happy Feet" Reply with quote

Good work, Goz! You "shoe-ur" are right! Shopping for 8 pairs of shoes shows evidence that she had a very positive and forward-looking state of mind!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: