www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jane: have you heard anything? Homolka has hubby/baby rumor

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gozgals

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:19 pm    Post subject: Jane: have you heard anything? Homolka has hubby/baby rumor Reply with quote

Jane, have you heard anything about this? I was just wondering if it was true? I use to belong to a website that had updates on Karla before my computer crashed and have read as much as I could get my hands on regarding her/Paul's case. I will have to find the site again.

I hope she did not have a child. I never thought Karla should have been released after the bogus plea deal. She caused so much harm to society and killed her sister with Paul. She deserves no forgiveness, and no chances from society. She should be behind bars (IMO)
I have been trying to get hold of the DVD- (Karla) for quite a while but I think it is still ban in the USA, as it may be in Canada. After reading one of the books on the case, I have no pity at all for her. She is an animal just like many of the other murderers we have discussed.

It is truly amazing the ability her parents have for forgiveness...

(see link below)

Gozgals

Homolka may have had a baby

Thu, February 8, 2007

By ALAN CAIRNS, SUN MEDIA

TORONTO -- Karla Homolka helped take three children's lives. Now she may have created one.

Details are sketchy, but it appears the freed schoolgirl killer may have secretly had a baby.

Rampant rumours, tips and a string of circumstances suggest Homolka is now married and, in the past few days, gave birth to a bouncing baby boy in a Montreal hospital.

If all of this is true, it appears that the fantasy she held for all of her 12 years in prison is now complete. Now 36, Homolka will have a new hubby and a new baby to go with the puppy she picked up within weeks of her July 2005 prison release.

The happy family has been created within 1 1/2 years of her release. But that should come as no surprise. She has planned it all along. In a 1998 prison evaluation, Homolka mapped out her criteria for the man who would succeed her first husband, infamous serial killer, sadist and rapist Paul Bernardo.

"She wishes to meet a man who believes in the moral values of marriage, who is educated, loyal, who wants children," wrote Dr. Jeanne Rouleau. A man, Homolka told Rouleau, "who loves his mother, who shows a respectful attitude towards women, who does not have a history of family abuse, no criminal background and, finally, who is loved by her family, who loves pets, and, if possible, who is attractive."

Critics say if Homolka has a baby, it too is a victim. There is no clear indication who the father may be. There are suggestions, however, he is not the imprisoned killer Homolka fell head-over-heels with while she was in prison. At one point, Homolka professed her love for the killer and talked about marrying him and moving to France upon his release.

The baby's health, weight and name are also shrouded in mystery. And it is not apparent if Quebec children's aid authorities have any interest in the newlyweds and their offspring.

Homolka's plan to blend almost unnoticed into Quebec society has clearly succeeded. She speaks almost fluent French, carefully hides her identity and goes under the name of Leanne Teale, taking her middle name from birth and the last name she adopted with Bernardo -- a name he took from a fictional serial killer in the movie Criminal Law.

If Homolka was in fact wed in Montreal, the marriage was a lot more low-key and discreet than the lavish ceremony she shared with Bernardo. On June 29, 1991, Homolka and Bernardo sipped champagne from crystal glasses as they were driven through the historic streets of Niagara-on-the-Lake in a horse-drawn carriage. Their wedding guests later dined on pheasant. And then the couple jetted off on a Hawaiian honeymoon.

As we know now, however, the couple's secrets were a lot darker than what happened in bed on their wedding night. A year and a half before the wedding, Homolka's youngest sister, Tammy, 15, died in her parents' home when she choked on her own vomit as Bernardo and Homolka drugged her unconscious and jointly raped her.

On the day the pair were married, concrete blocks containing the dismembered body parts of missing 14-year-old Burlington schoolgirl Leslie Mahaffy were pulled out of Gibson Lake, near St. Catharines. Leslie, it would later turn out, was the sick couple's second victim.

Homolka would later reveal that it was on their wedding night that Bernardo confessed he was the infamous Scarborough Rapist, a sexual predator who terrorized Toronto's east end in the 1980s and boasted up to 40 victims.

In April 1992, the pair snatched Kristen French, 15, as she walked home from school in St. Catharines. For days, the twisted couple kept Kristen as a sex slave, and then -- like Leslie -- she was killed.

Two other teenage girls -- friends of Tammy -- were dragged into the couple's dark web. One of the teens stopped breathing as the couple videotaped their rape of her after they drugged her unconscious.

Most Canadians believe Homolka got away with murder for her part in Bernardo's murders. But Homolka swapped a guilty plea to two counts of manslaughter in the Mahaffy and French deaths and her testimony against Bernardo in exchange for 12 years in prison.

Homolka claims to have been a battered woman. She asserts Bernardo strangled Mahaffy and French. Bernardo maintained Homolka killed the girls. It is has been conceded by Ontario prosecutors that Homolka would likely have been convicted of first-degree murder had Bernardo's secret videotapes been found in a meticulous search of the couple's Port Dalhousie home in 1993.

Homolka's love of babies and children is well established. Prison evaluations -- in addition to her own letters to friends and a lesbian lover -- reveal she loved her childhood, surrounded herself with childish items and icons and, in many ways, remains a child.

Her cell walls were adorned with cartoon character posters. Letter paper was festooned with sticky stamps of hearts, snowmen, teddy bears, and dogs and cats. She even had Mickey Mouse bedsheets.

And now, apparently, she's a mom. According to what Homolka told police, the only time she and Bernardo ever discussed children was when Bernardo told her that if she ever had daughters, he would turn them into his sex slaves. If she ever became pregnant with a boy, she related, he would have her abort the fetus.

Homolka's apparent motherhood is even more outrageous, considering that a Quebec judge initially ordered her to stay away from children after her July 2005 release from Joliette prison. That condition, however, and several more, were overturned upon appeal last summer. Homolka is now free to go and do what she wants.

"I am looking so forward to getting out of here and rebuilding my life," she wrote to friends in 1993. "I can't wait to see what the future holds for me -- a new job, a new husband (a loving one this time!) children . . . ."

In a 2001 psychiatric evaluation, Homolka said she had "changed in big ways" in prison. "She appreciated that intimate relationships might be risky for her," but that "whatever relationships I get into, I know I'll never re-offend again."

"I will never put myself in a position like that again. I've lost my whole life," she said. She hoped that living in Quebec would allow her to live in near anonymity.

Since her release, Homolka has relied upon her parents, Karel and Dorothy Homolka, the Elizabeth Fry Society of Montreal and her lawyer Sylvie Bordelais for support.

Quote:
"She wishes to meet a man who believes in the moral values of marriage, who is educated, loyal, who wants children," wrote Dr. Jeanne Rouleau.

Spare me!!!

http://lfpress.ca/newsstand/News/National/2007/02/08/3558265-sun.html
gozgals

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:14 am    Post subject: More on Homolka Reply with quote

All my leads (articles) suggest the rumor to be true at the current time.

Snip>
Report Says Karla Homolka Did Have A Baby
Friday February 9, 2007
Did she or didn't she?

The woman who won't go away is back again, amid new contentions that Karla Homolka has had a baby.

The rumour about the motherhood of Canada's most notorious female killer first surfaced on Wednesday. But a family member insisted to CityNews that it simply wasn't true.

Now Sun Media is reporting that Homolka, using the name Leanne Teale, did in fact produce a seven-pound baby boy at a Montreal hospital last Saturday.
Snip>

http://karla-homolka-news.newslib.com/story/4715-3068942/

another link:
http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/news/story.html?id=93606277-4c79-4722-94ce-aa4cb766c611
jane

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Goz - I missed all the news about Holmolka and her new son until you mentioned it just now. Apparently it's true - she used a psuedonym at the hospital but allegedly a nurse recognized her and refused to be involved with her treatment. I shudder to think of Karla as a mother. What a nightmare.

http://www.canada.com/topics/news/story.html?id=e2e18bf5-d703-4124-bf7b-c82f1d085b90&p=1
gozgals

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I shudder along with you too Jane, and the nurse who refused care. After you read about Karla and all the horrid acts she performed, one would not want to provide medical care to her. I could not seperate myself, but that's just me I guess.

Have a great day.

Goz
gozgals

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:22 am    Post subject: The DVD "Karla" Reply with quote

I will leave the opinions and reviews to anyone who views the movie. I found after studying the case, the movie was on target and stayed pretty much to the facts after reading books on the story. I have also studied other material on this case.

Be aware it is an adult movie. Very disturbing, but not as graphic as the books. Karla is betrayed as having no remorse, (IMO) which I always felt she did not, nor does Paul. They are both animals. At many times one can tell she could have turned Paul in and stopped the reign of terror. One is sure after the movie, and I am, that Karla did murder her sister and may have murdered one of the girls that was kidnapped.

Gozgals

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A Deeply Disturbing True Story...

Starring: Laura Prepon, Misha Collins

Written By: Michael D. Sellers, Manette Beth Rosen, Joel Bender

Directed By: Joel Bender

Winter -1990. The most notorious serial killers in the history of Canada begin their psychological dance with death and depravity as an entire country is held captive in fear. In stunningly acclaimed performances, Laura Prepon ("That 70's Show" , "Come Early Morning") and Misha Collins (TV's "24") breathe perverse life into their real life counterparts of Paul Bernardo and Karla Homolka, dubbed by an anxious press, the "Ken and Barbie Killers". As the gruesome events unfold, and lovely young girls disappear, the utter lack of remorse from Paul coupled with his quirky charisma paint a delusional world of normalcy for Karla. Police frantically search for and eventually put an end to the couple's horrific killing spree, and their trial captivates the entire nation setting off waves of controversy surrounding the brutal killings. In the end, this gripping, tension-packed film will haunt you forever, to ponder the psyches of two individuals in a tragically demented relationship & because it's true.

http://www.karlathemovie.net/about/index.html
jane

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Goz. I don't think I saw the whole movie about Karla - I think I saw a piece that touched on the crimes and the movie, just before it was aired. A sickening case, to be sure. Karla should not be out of jail, but she is. Here is an excerpt and link to a current article about her:
Quote:
Sun Media is reporting that Karla Homolka is staying put in Montreal with her new husband and newborn boy.

The 34-year-old convicted schoolgirl killer was spotted outside a private medical clinic in Montreal a few weeks after she gave birth in February, said a story published Thursday.

http://thechronicleherald.ca/Canada/613556.html
gozgals

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jane:

I am very curious what kind of man would marry a woman like Karla? During her prison stay, she became deeply involved with a man who murdered his girlfriend. That would be her style. I wonder if she told her husband all about her, or if left out details of her past when they became involved with a relationship.

I know when she first left Paul, she had a relationship with a man, (a normal guy) once he knew who she was, it was doomed.

I doubt the press, or many of those that follow Karla's whereabouts will leave her in peace. After all, Justice was not served. It still blows my mind her parents stand beside her.

You should rent the DVD Jane. The end gives a few true facts on the two killers.
(Karla, a must see)

Have a good day
Gozgals
gozgals

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:19 am    Post subject: Karla Leaves Canada Reply with quote

I am a tad bit late reporting this fact. Trying to get complete verification on if it is true. Most articles I have pulled up are stating it is fact. Canada is now safe. I believe Karla always will be one sick woman who should not be walking the streets of any country.

I read one of her victims parents are elated that Karla is gone. God Bless them and all the families.

http://www.canada.com/topics/news/national/story.html?id=2a8b0256-b090-40e7-be6e-aa839bccb0fb&k=2217

<snip>
Karla Homolka has left Canada for the Caribbean: report
Published: Friday, December 14, 2007
Karla Homolka, one of Canada's most notorious criminals, has pulled up stakes for the Caribbean, according to French-language television network TVA.

Homolka, 36, had served her full 12-year manslaughter sentence for having participated in the rape and murder of two Ontario teenagers with her then-husband, Paul Bernardo, and had hoped to be left in peace. She wanted to stay in Quebec after leaving prison north of Montreal in July 2005, TVA reports.

But in the two years since she left prison, a hardware store owner who had offered her a job turned against her, taking photos of her which he then gave to the media. She fled to Montreal, where reporters from an English network later found her.

For a while after that Homolka, who now goes by the name Leanne Teale, faded from the spotlight - she met a man with whom she had a baby boy last February. Even that happy event was met with controversy when it was reported that nurses at a Montreal hospital had refused to care for Homolka before she gave birth.

While Homolka has largely managed to fly under the radar, and little is known about her life outside prison, she continues to surface periodically in the media - for example, when a Quebec court turned down her request to legally change her name in 2006.

After moving three times since 2005, Homolka was reportedly tired of hiding. Several weeks ago, TVA reported, she decided to move to the Caribbean with her partner and child. TVA said she will try to obtain citizenship in her new country of residence, which wasn't specified except that it was in the Antilles.
<snip>
jane

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder whether Karla Homolka could be tried on one of the other counts of murder? It seems to me that there were more than two victims. It was a big mistake for the prosecution to give her a deal (videotaped evidence discovered later made it clear that her role in the rapings, torturings and murderings was much more extensive than initially thought).

Yes, it is hard to understand how the parents could stand with her. Being the parents of one of the victims as well as one of the murderers has to be a difficult situation. What a nightmare of a situation. I suppose they blame Paul - that would be easier for them than contemplating what went wrong with Karla.
gozgals

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They must blame Paul or they are in total denial (her parents). I never could understand the situation or they are just the most forgiving people that have ever walked the earth. I could not forgive, myself.

I will never think she was treated fairly after all the research I have done. I don't they they will be able to charge her elsewhere nor can the gov't. take her to court again.

Goz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: