www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Perry and Janet March

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gozgals

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:09 pm    Post subject: Perry and Janet March Reply with quote

***From the past week on 48 hours***

If interested, more at link.

Endgame

Cold Case Cops Try To Solve A Nearly Decade-Old Mystery

Love, Lies, Murder?
Surprising Arrest In Disappearance Of Janet March

Cold Case White-Hot 9 Years Later
Former Lawyer Facing Charges In Murder Of Wife Missing Since 1996

(Page 1 of 7)Jan. 6, 2006

Perry and Janet March (CBS)

"His arrogance was like he was laughing at us."

Det. Pat Postiglione

(CBS) Janet March seemed to have it all – two beautiful children, a successful attorney husband, a dream house she designed herself and an aspiring art career. But appearances can be deceiving and on Aug. 29th, 1996, she was reported missing.

What would follow was an international investigation that would last almost ten years. As Bill Lagattuta reports, the case ended up with two members of a cold case squad who would try to uncover the mystery of what exactly happened to Janet March and who was involved in her disappearance.

After nearly nine years since the disappearance of Janet, her husband Perry March returned to Nashville, Tenn., to face murder charges. As he walked into the courthouse, there was no telling what was going through his mind.

con't at link
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/01/04/48hours/main2331908.shtml
jane

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow - it's almost like looking at a photo of Laci and Scott, isn't it? She looks so outgoing and engaging while he looks so quiet and detached.
jane

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AND he fled to Mexico, something Scott had apparently been about to do just prior to his arrest.
jane

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting story, Goz. Poor Janet, to have married into such an evil family. Not only did her husband kill her, but later plotted with his father and a convict he met in jail to murder his late wife's parents! How good that her husband and his father got caught and that the convict ratted them out so that the second and third murders never happened.
gozgals

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:56 am    Post subject: cut post but one comment Reply with quote

Jane: I believe of Perry March just what the detective said about him.

Quote:
"His arrogance was like he was laughing at us."

Det. Pat Postiglione

I believe Arthur March had just as much arrogance as his son.
At least Justice has been served and due to a snitch, two lives were spared.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jane, I will have to rewrite my post, I cut it by accident when I was typing, I hate when that happens....Opps. It had all I wanted to say too.

Gozgals
gozgals

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:36 pm    Post subject: comments Reply with quote

Perry March and his father, (who has since passed away) seem like such snakes. Perry does have much in common with Scott Peterson, yet all these types such as Dr. Corbin and the other men on this board. They were all cut from the same mold. Nothing tends to surprise me at all about these murders anymore, they are all so heinous, and the criminals all so cold.

Lucky there was a snitch in the prison so Janet could get justice and Perry could spend the rest of his life in jail. He seemed so smug as did his dad. I saw the 48 hours episode Jane, and Arthur March was so casual when describing how he hid the body again. It is hard to believe how the parents of these men just contribute to the crimes and never turn them in. I guess Arthur March had to give it up when it came down to him spending his life in jail, and cop a plea.

A very evil family.

My thoughts go out to Janet and her family. Thank God for the snitch or they would have been victims too.

Gozgals
jane

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you think about it, it is probably the same defect in the parents that shapes the child into a murderer that causes the parents to cover up the crime. Maybe it starts with parents not willing to confront the negative within themselves which makes them unable to teach their child to be responsible for his own thoughts and actions.
gozgals

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:22 pm    Post subject: March sues, says man killed Janet Reply with quote

Thursday, 02/22/07

March sues, says man killed Janet

By SHEILA BURKE
Staff Writer

Perry March, the former Nashville lawyer who was convicted of murdering his wife and plotting to kill her parents, has filed a lawsuit in Davidson County Circuit Court against the man he says is Janet March's real killer.

March, serving a 56-year sentence in a West Tennessee prison, sued Barry Armistead, an inmate in the Riverbend Maximum Security Institution.

In March's lawsuit, which was filed Tuesday, the former lawyer accused the inmate of having an affair with his wife, giving her drugs before she overdosed, and dumping her body. Janet March, an illustrator and artist, disappeared from her Forest Hills home. Her body was never found.

Perry March's late father, Arthur March, told a court that he dumped the woman's body in Kentucky.

Armistead, 47, is serving time on an aggravated assault charge.

Janet March "was in a relationship with defendant, and after she left her marital home on Aug. 15, 1996, she remained in the company of defendant until she passed away, sometime during the night … ," the suit alleges.

In the lawsuit, in which March represents himself, March asked that Armistead pay him and any other interested parties compensatory and punitive damages and all other economic and emotional damages associated with the wrongful death of his wife.

The suit is not the first time the inmate's name has come up with the March case.

On the beginning day of his murder trial in August, March's defense attorneys asked to interview the inmate because they believed he had written an anonymous letter confessing to the woman's murder.

Armistead was brought to court and denied writing the letter.

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070222/NEWS03/702220395

ref: Ct. TV

Comments: Mr. March is as crazy as a loon. Arthur testified he buried the body after he moved it for his son. Good luck Perry! I guess some murderers never give up on trying to beat the charges.

Gozgals
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: