www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Noted coder Hans Reiser arrested for wife's disappearance
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rd

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

from slashdot

There is no clear motive for Hans to of killed his wife.

As with most cases where women disappear, money is the driving motive.

Nina was scheduling a bankruptcy for herself, and Hans was in even worse shape based on what he owed Nina from court judgements.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

from slashdot

Yes, but Hans didn't stand to be in any better shape if Nina was murdered.

He'd be $30,000 or so better off from what he owed her, plus collecting any life insurance on her since their divorce wasn't final, plus no more child support or alimony.

Many missing women disappear just before a divorce is final, or a child is born, or something else which the ex can relieve financial pain or gain substantially by making her disappear.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

from slashdot

Keep it WHERE? He was living out of his car.

Actually, he was living with his mother, which is where Nina brought the kids to him. He was even driving his mother's car after Nina disappeared until his mother put a lock on the steering wheel. Then Reiser went and retrieved his car from somewhere.

The "he was living in it" is just a defense for why his front passenger seat is missing after Nina disappeared.

rd
gozgals

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:57 am    Post subject: update on Han's case Reply with quote

from www.ktvu.com (fair use)

Reiser Admits To Attempting To Hide Car
March 20, 2008

OAKLAND, Calif. -- A judge issued a stern rebuke on Thursday to a software programmer accused of killing his wife, saying his demeanor on the witness stand, which has included rambling answers and objections to questions, was disrespectful to the court.

After a morning in which Hans Reiser insisted on giving complex responses to yes-or-no queries and complained about some of the things asked by the prosecutor, Alameda County Superior Court Judge Larry Goodman called attorneys into his chambers and then let the jury go to lunch early.

Outside the presence of the jury, the judge admonished the 44-year-old Reiser, who is charged with killing his estranged wife, Nina Reiser. She hasn't been seen since dropping the couple's two children off at Reiser's home in the Oakland hills on Sept. 3, 2006.

"Mr. Reiser, your attitude to the court is disrespectful," said Goodman. "Your attitude to this court is condescending. I will no longer tolerate it. You are not in a position to control this court."

<snip>

Prosecutor Paul Hora, in his third day of cross-examining Reiser, continued to question him closely about his behavior after Nina Reiser went missing. Among other things, Reiser discarded the passenger seat of his car, washed the floorboards and took two hard drives out of one of his computers.

Reiser says he gave the hard drives to his defense attorney and told the prosecutor Thursday he expects them to be produced soon.

"What good are they now after 17 months?" Hora said.

Reiser has testified that he threw away the passenger seat of his car to make it more comfortable to sleep in. He said he started sleeping in the car, rather than in his mother's house where he had been living, in hopes of strengthening her chances of being allowed to have the children, who had been taken into protective custody.

On Thursday, Hora turned to Reiser's search for a storage locker in September 2006 and especially why he looked at facilities in Manteca, about 60 miles east of Oakland.

<snip>

More at link
http://www.ktvu.com/news/15655110/detail.html
gozgals

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:51 am    Post subject: Update on Trial Reply with quote

I read that Hans trial is almost over. This next article is hard to stomach!! Amazing what will come out of Han's mouth.

(Fair Use)

Reiser says his son must have dreamed strange vision
Henry K. Lee, Chronicle Staff Writer
San Fransico Chronicle
SF Gate

Monday, April 7, 2008

SNIP
(04-07) 18:22 PDT OAKLAND -- Hans Reiser testified today that his young son was only dreaming when he reported seeing him carrying a bag down the stairs of his Oakland hills home that the boy said could have been his mother's body.

Reiser, in his 10th day on the stand in his murder trial in Alameda County Superior Court, said his son, then 6, must have dreamed the incident because the boy told authorities that he had been "shaking with fear" after seeing his father carrying something down the stairs about the time Reiser's estranged wife, Nina, disappeared.

SNIP

Just totally insane!!

SNIP
"(My son) would never be afraid of me carrying anything down the stairs," Reiser, 44, said under questioning by defense attorney William Du Bois. He said his son "loves me and he trusts me completely," and that at least before he lost custody of the boy and younger sister, "there's no way ... that he's afraid of me."

Jurors in the five-month-long trial have been shown a picture the boy drew showing his father carrying something in a ball. "Here is Nina," the boy wrote.

Whatever his son thought he saw, it had to be a dream "because I didn't kill Nina," Reiser said.

The boy has given conflicting accounts about what he saw Sept. 3, 2006, the day his mother dropped off him and his sister at Hans Reiser's home.
SNIP

NOTE: Link won't copy yet thought this was interesting enough to print.

Goz
rd

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It really is, goz! His six year old son Rory had to witness his mother being carried away in a bag, only he didn't know what was in that bag at the time, not until later when he realized he would never see her again.

Drawing that bag and saying "Here is Nina" says it all about that poor child losing his mother.

Yes, almost to the jury now. SF Chronicle reports that Judge Goodman said the jury might receive the case as early as April 17.

This is a difficult case for the jury, but they have all the testimony they need to bring justice to Rory's last memories of his mother Nina.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Testimony for Reiser's murder trial have ended and closing arguments are to begin.

Reiser continued carrying on as usual, apparently trying to convince at least one of the jurors that every weird thing he did after murdering Nina is because he's genetically weird, or insane.

The judge let him have it at the end:

"Mr. Reiser, I have about had it with you," Judge Larry Goodman told Hans Reiser outside the presence of jurors. "You are rude. You are arrogant. There's not enough words in the English language to describe the way you are."...

With the jury out of the room, Reiser began making a statement about things he thought the defense should have brought up and repeated his request for a different attorney...

The judge told Reiser he has "made a mockery of everything about this proceeding." He also warned him that, "If you continue to disrupt the courtroom, I will have you removed from this courtroom."

The session ended and Reiser, still talking, was led away by bailiffs.

click to read rest
Testimony ends in murder trial of software programmer Hans Reiser, whose wife is still missing
International Herald Tribune
April 15, 2008

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2008/04/15/america/NA-GEN-US-Missing-Russian-Woman.php
gozgals

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hans is a complete fruitcake RD and I'm glad the Judge called him out. He is batty.

Hang him high!!

I see some Phil Spector in Hans. They have some emotional weirdness in common.

Thanks for the updates on all.

Goz
gozgals

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:40 am    Post subject: Han's case in hands of juryy Reply with quote

(Fair Use)
Reiser Fate In Hands Of Jury

POSTED: 1:36 pm PDT April 22, 2008
UPDATED: 4:43 pm PDT April 22, 2008
Copyright 2008
by KTVU.com and Bay City News.

SNIP
OAKLAND, Calif. -- After months of testimony, including 10 days of Hans Reiser appearing in his own defense on the witness stand, one of the Bay Area's most-watched murder cases since the trial of Scott Peterson was handed off to jurors Tuesday.

Following a morning in which prosecutor Paul Hora attempted to punch holes in defense attorney William Du Bois' closing statements, Alameda Superior Court Judge Larry Goodman gave standard murder case instructions to the 12-member jury on their four choices of a verdict to the charges that Hans Reiser murdered his estranged wife, Nina, in September 2006.

The panel has the option of not guilty; first-degree murder carrying a 25-to-life sentence; second-degree murder which carries a 15-to-life term or voluntary manslaughter which carries a maximum 11-year term.

SNIP

http://www.ktvu.com/news/15959753/detail.html

SNIP
Nina's body has never been found, but Hora says that circumstantial evidence as well as blood and DNA evidence proves that Hans killed her.
SNIP

The clock is now ticking. In my opinion, I think our boy Hans will be charged with first-degree murder yet the jury may consider the fact there was not a body and go with second degree.

Let us hope they slam him hard.

Goz
gozgals

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:13 am    Post subject: Reiser Jury Deliberating; Readers Predicting 'Not Guilty' Reply with quote

(Fair Use)
Wired Blog Network
Reiser Jury Deliberating; Readers Predicting 'Not Guilty'
By David Kravets April 23, 2008 | 3:26:56 PMCategories

http://blog.wired.com/27bstroke6/2008/04/reiser-jury-del.html

Read their poll and weep!! I am....

SNIP
OAKLAND, California -- Jurors weighing Linux programmer Hans Reiser's murder case were deliberating for the first full day here Wednesday. Panelists have just broken for lunch and are headed for a nearby Mexican restaurant.

The seven-man, five-woman jury received the case at 2:30 p.m. Pacific time Tuesday and left the Alameda County courthouse about two hours later.
SNIP

SNIP

We also have a reader poll on the outcome, and a majority of you so far have picked "not guilty."

The 44-year-old defendant has pleaded not guilty and maintains his wife abandoned their kids and left the United States to her home country after he accused her of embezzling from Namesys.

Threat Level is providing gavel-to-gavel coverage.
gozgals

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:04 am    Post subject: Tick tock Reply with quote

The jurors left the courthouse Thursday and did not reach a verdict. They did not work on Friday and will return on Monday. Hoping again they convict Hans.

Goz
rd

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your hope and my hope and the hope of all of us who care about missing women came true, goz!

Hans Reiser Guilty of First Degree Murder
http://yro.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=08/04/28/2243232

This was so important for silent ex's not to be able to make a woman disappear and get away with murder.

Thank you, people of Oakland for not letting that happen, and for not forgetting Nina Reiser.

I'm sure her children, family, and dear friends haven't.

No body, no crime didn't work. Let that be something to remember for all silent ex's.

rd
gozgals

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Big Step for Those missing women killed by their EX's or Husbands.

Han's is now where he belongs.

Justice has won in the end.

May Nina rest in peace and I hope they find her someday.

Goz
gozgals

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:53 am    Post subject: 48 Hours Transcript on Hans Reply with quote

http://www.cbsnews.com/sections/48hours/main3410.shtml

I missed this episode and I'm sure it will be repeated but I put the link up in case anyone is interested in reading it.

Betrayal
A Computer Genius, His Russian Bride, The KGB And The Ultimate Betrayal
Page 1 of 7
June 3, 2008
rd

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, Alameda County prosecutor is quoted as saying they are in pre-sentencing discussions with Reiser to reduce the sentence to second degree murder if he discloses the location of Nina's body.

The fact that there are even discussions indicates he hid her body. Be hard to have any discussions if he didn't. Just tick them off just before sentencing. I don't think so.

He could get parole after 15 years if he cooperates and discloses her body and her remains don't show signs of first degree murder, such as bullet holes to the head.

My guess is he will show the police where Nina is to save his hide. Maybe he and Peterson and Parker and Tara Grinstead's ex can have a silent ex freedom party in about 15 years. That ought to be fun.

rd

Hans Reiser Offers To Lead Cops to Nina's Body
By David Kravets
June 06, 2008
Wired Blog Network

http://blog.wired.com/27bstroke6/2008/06/hans-reiser-off.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: