www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Was Anna Nicole Smith's Son Murdered?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rainbow

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Family and Foreign Politics Reply with quote

[quote="Rainbow"]I am attempting to include a link (or something similar) to one of the CBS online news articles which includes Anna Nicole's attorney, Howard K. Stern's ,remarks on Daniel's death investigation, as well as some of the Bahamanian officials' comments, as well. The comments from both parties could almost be taken as having been expressed to color viewers, listeners and readers opinions regarding the possible causes of Daniel's sudden death.[/www.showbuzz,cbsnews.com/stories/2006/09/18/peopquote]
Rainbow

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Family and Foreign Politics Reply with quote

I am attempting to include a link (or something similar) to one of the CBS online news articles which includes Anna Nicole's attorney, Howard K. Stern's, remarks on Daniel's death investigation, as well as some of the Bahamanian officials' statements, too. Each parties statement almost seems intentionally constructed to color readers' opinions, regarding the possible causes of Daniel's sudden death. What do you think? www.showbuzz,cbsnews.com/stories/2006/09/18/peop
gozgals

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:36 am    Post subject: AN's son had prior heart problems Reply with quote

http://xtramsn.co.nz/entertainment/0,,12254-6344875,00.html

Anna Nicole's Son Had A Heart Problem

24/09/2006
Splash
Anna Nicole Smith's son was in intensive care with a heart problem just two months before his death.

David Giancola, director of Smith's forthcoming movie Illegal Aliens, said Daniel Smith was hospitalised "multiple times" while doctors tried to work out what was wrong.

But the director said the medics had not yet found the cause of his problems and were in the process of doing so.

Anna Nicole, a former Playboy pin-up, gave birth to a baby girl on September 7 this year.

But just three days after the birth, Daniel suddenly died in the hospital room - the circumstances of his death still shrouded in mystery.

Giancola said the 20-year-old has been in intensive care just two months before his death.

"Daniel had a short stay in intensive care because of an increased heart rate," he told US TV shows The Insider and Entertainment Tonight.

"He was in intensive care for a short amount of time and there was some medication and he was better.

"He had a stomach ache the day before and then he traveled to the Bahamas."
He continued: "I don't know that the doctors in LA knew exactly what was wrong with Daniel, even while they were treating him.

"I don't think they had pinned down a cause for his health problems and I think they were in the process of that.

"But I know Daniel wanted to be with his mother - they were close.

"I know Daniel wanted to see his baby sister and I think that's why he got on the plane."

Giancola said he had not noticed any signs of illness in Daniel and said Anna Nicole was "devastated" by the speculation surrounding her son's death.

He also described the strong bond between the actress and her son - who was an associate producer on Illegal Aliens.

"When I would yell 'cut' she would look to Daniel for approval before she looked at me, the director," he said.

"That's how close they were."

Goz

Comments: I wonder if this will turn out to be the cause of death. I'm surprised the autopsy did not show this as of yet, or they are just not disclosing the information. Could have been the mixture of the drugs affecting the heart as some of stated, (legal or illegal drugs).
jane

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Goz. I know that the cause of tachycardia can be difficult to pin down. In an autopsy it might not even be possible. However, I suspect the cause of death would be congestive heart failure resulting from the tachycardia. (Speculation from someone with no formal medical training of any kind!)
gozgals

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree Jane that it could have been Congestive Heart Failure since the article is stating he had prior heart problems. My guess may also be he may have been undiagnosed with Mitra Valve Prolapse, (which normally does not cause problems for most people but a fast heart beat) but can lead to death in certain people.

Any heart problem may be the cause of the death at this juncture since they are holding back the results-- IMO. I wonder if they have the tox screen back yet and are just not letting the general public know?

Still a big mystery at the current time.

Good day Jane
peripeteia

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jane you are dead on the money, it is likely impossible to diagnose the type of tachycardia that he was having post mordem, as this is usually done in an eltrophoresis lab, and the tachycardia is usually induced by drugs, and they they see what type of medication will control the fast heart beat.

My guess is that he was likely on Betaloc, Metropolol and that because he had a stomach problem this was likely not being absorbed, or that he stopped taking it....

There are compelling side affects, nightmares, depression, impotency, and a general feeling of fatigue, it block the adrenalin affects on the heart.
If he had stopped taking the drug because he felt better, this is possible, and especially if he too was tired, this will bring on an attack of dysrhythmias.

As you said Jane, congestive heart faliure or an all out cardiac arrest/standstill is possible, and he could have had VT, and it is likely that the latter, as he'd had no opportunity to go for help, as usually you are unable to speak while having VT, not always but usually and death is a result in about 3-5 minutes. However, it is very easy to bring someone back from an event like this, as he was in a hospital, he should have been able to be rescusitated if had been picked up immediately. Unfortunately, luck was not with him, and indeed it is too bad that Doctors had not sent him for electrophoresis studies while he had been in intensive care, two months previous.

He might not have taken any illegal drugs, as stated previously, for a persons with a arrythmia problem, the combination of antidepressants and ambien could be enough to case his arrythmia to act up..

How sad for Nicole, it is truly a blessing that she has another child, as at least she has something to occupy her mind during this terrible time of grief.
Rainbow

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:46 am    Post subject: Anna's Constant-Companion, Attorney-Friend Reply with quote

Hi Everybody! Did you see Larry Birkhead on E-television recently? What did you think of him? I felt that he came across "sympathico".
Tomorrow night, Tuesday, September 26, Anna's attorney, Howard K. Stern, is going to be on "Larry King Live". I am very interested in hearing what he has to say regarding Daniel's death investigation.
Thank you all for your interesting and helpful postings on the possible causes of Daniel's death. Our analyses are giving us a chance to look at some of the possible "side-effects" anti-depressants and "other medications" combos might have. Remember the news story (on the Today show) about the nurse who was taking Ambien? She had major bouts of overeating in the middle of the night, but forgot all about it the next day! There's more to learn about the effects of these powerful drugs taken on their own, or in combination w/other meds.
jane

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hadn't heard of that, RB. Imagine gaining weight and not remembering overeating - you would think it was a side effect, I guess, in that situation.
gozgals

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rainbow and all:

I didn't read the E- article Rainbow but if I get a chance I will watch LK and see what Howard has to say. If not, I'll keep my eyes posted for links.

I'm not sure what I think of Larry B., but I heard he has to have Anna come back to the States if he indeed wants her to take a DNA test to prove it is his child. Possibly Howard's? He seems to have been with Anna through thick and thin? They have a rather chummy relationship.

The discussion of the effects of the heart, and antidepressants is a topical one and has proved to be on of great interest since antidepressants are widely used in our society. Sleeping Rx's are known to be taken by many too. A great many people have different effects from drugs/the interactions so I'm glad we moved to this topic. I enjoyed Peri's discussion of the heart as I learned much information on the cough syrups as I am not privy to using certain medications do to allergies and/effects on my heart from various ingredients even when taking injections for surgeries. Thank you.

Let us see where this mystery takes us.

Good day all, and thanks for the input.

Goz
Rainbow

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:19 pm    Post subject: Anna and Friends--Howard K. Stern Reply with quote

Thanks again, all, for your medical insights and postings on "Anna", her friends and family. I have had the impression that Anna's attorney, Howard, has been a solid influence on her life and career--a real backbone. I will be interested to see if that opinion gets strengthened or weakened, when I hear more from him directly. It will also be interesting to see why Linda Virgill, the Bahamanian coroner who performed Daniel's first autopsy, didn't name him as being the third person present when Daniel passed away.
Rainbow

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't had a chance to watch "Larry King Live", tonight, but I just read the on-line news that Howard K. Stern is claiming the paternity of Ana Nicole's new-born daughter, Dannie Lynn Hope! Wow! I wonder what Larry Birkhead has to say about that. . . He made the talk-show rounds during the last few days and has also staked a claim as the father of Anna Nicole's daughter. Hmmm. . .

Tie this revelation in with the fact that Howard K. Stern was the third person in the room during Daniel's passing, when Anna Nicole was said to have yelled "You caused this!", along with the fact of the coroner not making the information public. . .

Is this "Much ado about nothing"? or is there "Something rotten in the Island of the Bahamas"?
jane

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah - you have wonder whether so many men would be so anxious to claim paternity if they didn't see the newborn as a possible heir to the J. Howard Marshall II fortune.
gozgals

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:15 pm    Post subject: Breaking News Reply with quote

The only short breaking news I have heard to date:

As reported by Dr. Wecht-- a lethal drug combination of Zoloft, Lexapor and Methadone killed Anna's son Daniel. This was a a short spot I had heard, and also read on a forum.

Methadone is used to withdraw drug addicts but is also used as a pain medication for those with chronic pain symptoms/syndromes.

If I hear any further news, I will post. To date, I have not seen any TV coverage.

Goz
gozgals

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:55 am    Post subject: Drug Combo Killed Smith Son Reply with quote

Pathologist: Drug Combo Killed Smith Son
By MICHAEL MELIA

SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico (AP) - Anna Nicole Smith's 20-year-old son died from the accidental effect of methadone and two antidepressant drugs interacting in his system, according to a prominent American pathologist who conducted a private autopsy.

The low levels of the three drugs detected by toxicology tests indicated Daniel Smith died ``a tragic, accidental, drug-related death,'' Dr. Cyril Wecht told The Associated Press on Wednesday.

Smith died Sept. 10 at his mother's hospital bedside in the Bahamas, where the reality TV star and former Playboy playmate was recuperating from giving birth to a daughter three days earlier.

Wecht said Zoloft, Lexapro and methadone had a lethal ``cumulative effect on the central nervous system'' that ultimately stopped Smith's heart - a ``classical'' death resulting from a combination of drugs without an overdose of any one.

``Oh my, that's a really lethal combination right there,'' said Lisa Johnson, a pharmacist at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles. ``If that's what he was on, it could very well have caused this.''

``The methadone will slow you down, but the other ones make your system speed up, so it's an odd combination,'' she said in an interview.

Smith had reportedly been suffering depression related to a breakup with a girlfriend when he went to visit his mother and newborn half-sister in Nassau. Zoloft and Lexapro, which a U.S. doctor had prescribed, are antidepressants commonly used to treat anxiety and panic disorders.

Wecht said he did not know why Smith was taking methadone, a pain-reliever that is also used to ease heroin cravings for recovering addicts.

``It is used for people who have been on heroin or morphine,'' Wecht said from his home in the Pittsburgh area. ``I have made those inquiries. I can only say to you no one has suggested anything having to do with drug addiction in this boy.''

A lawyer for Anna Nicole Smith said she hired Wecht, a forensic pathologist who gained fame as a consultant on celebrity cases including Elvis Presley's death, to end speculation about her son's death.

He conducted the autopsy Sept. 17 at a downtown Nassau morgue, and signed a death certificate with the official pathologist that listed the cause as pending toxicology reports. He had previously ruled out the possibility of suicide or homicide.

Wecht said he would share his results Thursday with the examiner who conducted the official autopsy, but did not know whether they would issue a joint report on the cause.

In Nassau, Chief Magistrate Roger Gomez said he has not yet received official toxicology results, which will determine whether a jury inquest into the death is necessary. He declined to comment on Wecht's findings.

Smith's body on Wednesday remained at a Bahamas funeral home hired by the family.

Howard K. Stern, a lawyer for Anna Nicole Smith who was in the hospital room when Daniel died, told CNN's ``Larry King Live'' on Tuesday that he is the father of the 3-week-old baby girl, Dannie Lynn Hope.

But photographer Larry Birkhead, a former boyfriend of Anna Nicole Smith, told Us Weekly magazine that he's the father and is seeking a DNA test to prove it.

Stern said he plans to marry the 38-year-old celebrity ``at some point.''

``Right now we have to somehow get through what we're going through,'' said Stern, adding: ``And I'll tell you, our baby is the one ray of hope.''

Daniel Smith, who appeared several times on the E! reality series ``The Anna Nicole Show,'' was the son of Anna Nicole and Bill Smith, who married in 1985 and divorced two years later.

Anna Nicole married Texas oil tycoon J. Howard Marshall II in 1994, when she was 26 and he was 89. He died the following year and she has since been involved in legal disputes over the estate.

Associated Press writer Jessica Robertson in Nassau, Bahamas, contributed to this report.

09/28/06 09:51 © Copyright The Associated Press

Goz
Rainbow

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:01 pm    Post subject: Conflicts and Interests Reply with quote

Thank you, Jane, for posting the possible prime "homicide motive", if the cause of death in the Daniel Smith death investigation is declared to be "homicide". Everyone who would financially benefit from Daniel's death
would become a suspect. Those could be people we haven't even thought of or mentioned here--somehow looking to gain something from the Marshall fortune.
I would also like to thank Gozgals for including the "methadone-cocktail" article. I had a deadline at work and was unable to take time out to post. I did, however, take the time to ask a criminal justice expert (an expert on female serial killers and former prison psychologist) on the staff of the college I work at what her opinion was of Dr. Cyril Wecht. Her exact words were, "He walks on water, as far as I am concerned."
When asked about her opinion of Howard K. Stern, Anna Nicole's attorney (now "husband-under-God"), she was not as positive. She mentioned that there is a possible confilict-of-interest, when attorneys cross the "personal" line in their relationships with their clients. She said that they can even be disbarred in some states for this. Could this be a reason for the "marriage" push, besides the fact that H.K.S. does seem truly interested in the welfare of ANS and "their" baby and his evidently sincere despair over Daniel's death.
P.S. Howard is going to be on Larry King Live again tonight. Try to catch it, if you can!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: