www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Arrest Made in JonBenet Ramsey Murder Case
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rd

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Websleuths is conducting a public poll on WHO KILLED JONBENET RAMSEY?

From their email:

Please click on the link below for the poll.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=118

Please vote on ALL the questions. The results will be published around the anniversary of JonBenet’s death.
benn

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know what I am doing here, but I can read the messages again now and I guess this will turn into a posted message.

Anyway maybe it is time anyway for me to begin to distance myself from here. I have written one email, which I have to proofread, and will send that off to far away places. Nothing secret in it but for privacy reasons for all people involved the message is addressed only to a few receipients who might be interested. None of the recipients is from this board.

I have not given up either on ihe idea of writing a letter to Attorney General Elect Jerry Brown. He might be the right man in the right place at the right time to finally get some truth out about the Chandra Levy cold case.

But I clicked with my Trackball Mouse and here I am, posting this message.

benn
Kortnie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:28 pm    Post subject: Above message from Benn Reply with quote

What?
gozgals

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:42 pm    Post subject: Benn- Pig Wrestling Reply with quote

Benn:

Don't make me take my gloves off ok?

It is not time for you to distance yourself from here because, I for one--------------> will miss you, and you do great work.

Also, I have read some of your wonderful letters.

Gloves are on. Now I'm off to pig wrestle Benn. I still got a few of RD's posts to answer on missing women but I have to wait till later. Had a day at the dentist but have nice teeth. (SEE me smiling at you) Wink..

always, your friend
Goz

"Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every
opportunity.
- Colossians 4:5
laskipper

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Benn,

I truly hope that you don't leave. I know you were probably wounded by the response to a recent post you made--but dont' let that drive you away.

Basically, what was said was that now that we are public- as opposed to before when the materials and ideas were being assembled- we have to be careful as to what we post-

I get the feeling that there are those reading this board that could make life miserable for us - just like Mr Dunne.

I'm quite certain there are people reading this forum that would like nothing more than to shut this board down.

Don't take it personally? It's more of a protection thing- for you as well.

Love ya!

ls

PS As for myself, I find it hard to rustle up interest in the crime these days. Unless something breaks- news, that is, there is not much to do other than re-hash. You are the only one that is active on the case.

The Lone Ranger!
rd

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of the posts are on other missing women. We had this out of the blue crazy second lawsuit against Dunne from Condit, other than that I didn't expect that we'd have any more posts on Chandra's case.

But the principle keeps getting proved over and over, everytime an inconvenient woman disappears.

rd
laskipper

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree, rd! What a shame it is too.

There, but by the Grace of God, go any one of us (woman, that is).

ls
Kortnie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rd, I did get notified by WebSleuths and took the poll. By far, the Ramseys, in particular Patsy, are considered to be the perps. Lots of criticism on the Ramsey discussion threads of the recent "48 Hours" fiasco of one-sidedness and purposeful factual omissions. Yay! Lots of agreement that the R's wrote the ransom note. And so much more quite heartening opinions!

Wouldn't it be loverly if JR would get arrested before he too, kicks?
gozgals

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:33 am    Post subject: Websleuths and JB Reply with quote

Quote:
And so much more quite heartening opinions!

WS's will always be the best board for an active discussion of the JB case. They are very in tune with all the day to day activities that happen in this case. Most members feel that the Ramsey's are the killers of little Jon Benet so one will always find participation/discussion/opinions on this case taking place on this board and other boards that Trish is involved in. It's great to be openly speaking if you feel strongly on pursuing the Ramsey's case.

Good day Kortnie.

Goz
gozgals

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:40 am    Post subject: Why do People Make False Confessions (JK Example) Reply with quote

Note: *sorry for the clicks, don't know how to stop them

<snip>
Why Do Innocent People Make False Confessions?
From Charles Montaldo,
Your Guide to Crime / Punishment.

Many Psychological Factors Come Into Play

Why would someone who is innocent confess to a crime? Research tells us that there is no simple answer, because many different psychological factors can lead someone to make a false confession.

Types of False Confessions
According to Saul M. Kassin, a professor of Psychology at Williams College and one of the leading researchers into the phenomenon of false confessions, there are three basic types of false confessions:

Voluntary false confessions

Compliant false confessions

Internalized false confessions
While voluntary false confessions are given with no outside influences, the other two types are usually coerced by external pressure.

Voluntary False Confessions
Most voluntary false confessions are the result of the person wanting to become famous. The classic example of this type of false confession is the Lindbergh kidnapping case. More than 200 people came forward to confess that they had kidnapped the baby of the famous aviator Charles Lindbergh.

Scientists say these kinds of false confessions are prompted by a pathological desire for notoriety, meaning they are the result of some mentally disturbed condition. <snip>

Hit link for rest of article

http://crime.about.com/od/issues/a/false.htm?nl=1
Kortnie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good day to you too, goz!

False Confession - that's JMKarr. He is so disturbed he wishes he was the killer of that little girl. After he had sex with her, of course. Someone should put that sick, oh-so-sick, nutjob out of his misery.
benn

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The classic example of this type of false confession is the Lindbergh kidnapping case. More than 200 people came forward to confess that they had kidnapped the baby of the famous aviator Charles Lindbergh.

The Lindbergh kidnapping led to several kidnapping laws around the country. In those days kidnapping was treated fast and severely. I can remember one case that took about three years from the crime to the execution.

Of course there is room for error in making fast decisions, but the 20 years of appealing by the convicted murderer does not seem to serve the public good. I would like to see statistics on kidnappings back in the 1930s and kidnappings now. Of course in today's world there is more opportunity for the murderer to escape, but we do have more weapons of defense also, dna, etc.

The death sentence is not really a death sentence, we all die anyway. The death sentence should be intended to shorten a murderer's life just as he shortened his victim's life.

benn
jane

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, kidnapping did used to be treated very seriously, as did rape (which is a form of kidnapping, when you think about it).
benn

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wrote a letter to Jerry Brown once, probably the only one I ever wrote to him, when he was Governor of California. I wrote to him about the death sentence, which he was against and I was for. He replied to my letter, and good politicians always reply to letters.

I may be writing to him soon again, about missing persons and the Chandra case. I think that we have to be using more tactics than we are using here. Personal letters to certain elected officials might help. I do not think personal letters to people in government is going to cause harm to anyone who is missing, or who will become missing in the near future.

Of course if one lives in Canada and writes to the U.S. I do not know what the reaction would be. I guess you could write that you are afraid to travel to the U.S. because of all of the missing person cases.

Then again if one lives in Canada he/she might write to the weatherman to see if the weatherman can not tilt the earth's axis a little bit, giving Canada a warmer climate.

benn
gozgals

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's unusal but I realize we don't hear about kidnapping that often in the news anymore. Wonder why that is? I think we hear much more about "missing people" which in a sense is "kidnapping" and the terms are just interchanged! Ransom just is not involved in most cases, just ransom of a life that is ready to be taken.

Years ago it use to be called Kidnapping such as in the Lindbergh baby.

Quote:
The death sentence is not really a death sentence, we all die anyway. The death sentence should be intended to shorten a murderer's life just as he shortened his victim's life.

I so agree with you Benn. By time a person is put to death after all appeals are exhausted, it could be like 20 years later. They could be on deathbed by that time. Victims deserve much more. Justice is not served this way when death is not swift for the perpetrator. People tend to forget how heinous the crime was when it was committed. Rape is a form of kidnapping and one that never leaves the victim.

Goz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: