www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Arrest in JonBenet Ramsey Case

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gozgals

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:23 pm    Post subject: Arrest in JonBenet Ramsey Case Reply with quote

Breaking News....

More to come. Can't print any links at the moment.

I'm so happy. Justice may finally be served. I always knew they were innocent. Poor Patsy, so sad she is not alive to witness this day. Justice for JonBenet.

<SNIP>
WASHINGTON (AP) - A man arrested in Thailand is being held in connection with the slaying of JonBenet Ramsey, U.S. law enforcement officials said Wednesday.

Federal officials familiar with the case, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said the man was being held in Bangkok on unrelated sex charges.

<SNIP>
jane

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder why there was a ransom note?
rd

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't believe any of it. No way this guy did this in the basement with the family upstairs and then writes a ransom note using phrasing that Patsy (and her husband) used.

He allegedly gave details "that the general public didn't know". Spare me. He was hardly general public. He has been communicating over the internet for years to someone close to the case in Boulder. Hell, this may be just a way to get out of a Thailand jail back to the states. It can't be easy jail time there for "sex charges". I didn't know Thailand even had a sex crime.

rd

from www.foxnews.com (fair use)

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,208761,00.html

Suspect Arrested in JonBenet Ramsey Murder
AP
Wednesday, August 16, 2006

BOULDER, Colo. — A former schoolteacher was arrested in Thailand in the slaying of 6-year-old beauty queen JonBenet Ramsey — a surprise breakthrough in a lurid, decade-old murder mystery that had cast a cloud of suspicion over her own parents.

Federal officials, speaking on condition of anonymity, identified the suspect who was arrested Wednesday as John Mark Karr, a 42-year-old American, and one law enforcement official told The Associated Press that Boulder police had tracked him down online.

(snip)

Karr was a teacher who once lived in Conyers, Georgia, according to Wood. The attorney said the Ramseys gave police information about Karr before he was identified as a suspect.

Wood would not say how the Ramseys knew Karr. But JonBenet was born in Atlanta in 1990, and the Ramseys lived in the Atlanta suburb of Dunwoody for several years before moving to Colorado in 1991.

A source close to the investigation said Karr confessed to elements of the crime. Also, a law enforcement source, speaking on condition of anonymity, told the AP that Karr had been communicating periodically with somebody in Boulder who had been following the case and cooperating with law enforcement officials.

Boulder District Attorney Mary Lacy said the arrest followed several months of work, but she said no details would be released until Thursday.

Karr was being held in Bangkok on unrelated sex charges, authorities said. CBS television reported he will be brought back to the United States this weekend.

JonBenet was found beaten and strangled in the basement of the family's home in Boulder on Dec. 26, 1996. Patsy Ramsey reported finding a ransom note in the house demanding $118,000 for her daughter.

(snip)

Author Lawrence Schiller, who wrote the 1999 book, "Perfect Murder, Perfect Town" about the case, said Wednesday he understood the man had been on a list of sexual offenders who were suspects for a long time.

"There are a lot of facts about her actual death that the public does not know." Schiller said. "If he did confess to some facts of the murder, to reveal those facts of the case, that would finish the puzzle."

Among the facts he said were not generally known was the murder weapon and what the killer did with it.

(snip)

Copyright 2006 FOX News Network
gozgals

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RD: I need more facts.. I need a mouse too to copy in quotes, links, etc. Will get one this week that work.

Maybe he set the family up (?) and was in hiding in the house, and knocked out JB. As to the note, I have read another take on it too. He may have had some information as to JR Bonus pay, and phrasing that has been used by the family. I'm waiting to find out the GA connection to the family myself since I have not seen any news tonight as I had other obligations or I would have been glued to the TV. One has to figure this guy is another nut job too. (Think of the way these lunatics act, and the letters they have written)

I am reserving an opinion for now. If this case can be solved, as James stated, so can Chandra's.

I respect your opinions as always. More to come.

Goz
MrRich

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well so far he hasn't actually been charged in the Ramsey case from what I've heard. I'll wait to see if he is charged and brought to Colorado to face charges. If so I think we can safely assume that the police believe they have enough evidence to convict, which means there's more to this guy than a confession and "intimate details". It will also mean that there is DNA involved and that they can prove he was in Boulder the day of the murder.

-Rich
propria

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will also mean that there is DNA involved ...

there was dna, presumably semen, found in jon benet's panties ... once this guy is in boulder and a dna sample is obtained, this case will become a slam dunk either for or against his involvement in her death. until i hear reliable reports of a dna match, though, i'm not convinced he killed her, certainly not that he killed her alone. if nothing else, there are too many details in the ransom note for a stranger to have done this without the involvement of someone who had intimate knowledge of the ramsey family's personal business.

i'm also waiting to hear whether his handwriting matches that in the note ... again, it's not going to be all that hard to determine whether this guy was really involved in jon benet's murder. what is apt to be more interesting as this story develops will be the explanation of oddities like his presence in boulder when his family insists he was with them in alabama that christmas. i'm hearing reports that he has lived all over the world [but never in boulder] working as a teacher and child care provider, finally settling in thailand, and he seems to have extensive financial resources that are not yet understood, or at least not publicly explained.

his brother says he has spent several years researching a book he is writing on child predators and serial offenders, which i find creepy in the extreme ... for that matter, the guy even looks creepy, with a sort of smarmy, defiant expression on his face in all the news clips i've seen so far. i don't question for a moment that he is a likely child molester, and i think every child he has ever had contact with should be examined immediately for signs of being harmed by that contact ... however, i'm just not convinced that he really did kill jon benet, at least not by himself.

nanci
gozgals

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nanci: Now that I have seen the creep, I don't doubt either he has been involved with various other sex crimes but I'm not sure if he is seeking publicity in this crime. He was communicating via the internet with the researcher and was "IN LOVE" with JB. I think if anything, he may know who killed JB. We have to count on the DNA evidence and after the press conference, no information has been afforded to the public. I think it is to our advantage this lunatic has been taken off the streets though, at least for now.

It seems the media has gotten their hooks into this story again, maybe a tad bit too soon. Let us pray at least a lead will come from all this.
rd

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Researching a book on child predators? What, is it an autobiography?

Good grief, this perp is guilty of a lot, but not Jon Benet's murder. He best not be let out on the street again.

rd
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: