www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Late Photos of Chandra in the Company of Friends
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rainbow

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:25 am    Post subject: Late Photos of Chandra in the Company of Friends Reply with quote

The Chandra "Da Vinci Code"

Have there been discussions or analyses of photographs that might have been taken, when Chandra was out in public and/or incognito w/friends, shortly before her disappearance?

Wouldn't those hold important clues?
rd

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome, Rainbow. Well, all of Chandra's friends had stayed in California when they all returned in December to take semester finals. Only Chandra came back to Washington to continue her internship and pursue a career there.

Only friends Chandra saw after that were her co-worker Sven and Condit. And incognito was the byword with Condit, to be sure.

rd
jane

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

James ('fallout') pored over lots of photos of intern functions that he found on the internet - he didn't see any of Chandra - probably in part because she was waiting around for 'her man', which seems to be how she spent quite a lot of her time, unfortunately. I think you're right - such pictures, if we could find them, could yield some clues...
rd

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She spent most of that time on the internet, but no indication from her visited list on the day she disappeared of sites where people post. That would be insightful were that the case.

We do have emails she sent in her last days. I examine them closely in Murder on a Horse Trail. To me they are more telling than a photo.

rd
Rainbow

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:50 pm    Post subject: Last Photos of Chandra with Friends Reply with quote

Chandra's "Da Vinci Code"

Thank you rd for your "email analysis" reference. I would like to review that again, so I'll need to reread the pertinent chapter of your book. I am certain those emails are very telling evidence in this case.

As in the book and film versions of "The Da Vinci Code", by Dan Brown, (and art interpretation, in general), visual details are often crucial components in relaying messages, understanding political ideas, social conventions, etc. Since these are important elements in solving this mystery, it would be helpful to obtain access to as many "photographs portraying Chandra with friends" as possible.

Then, careful notations should be made of the identities of the individuals who are portrayed, e.g. identifying markings like birthmarks or "tatoos", facial hair and features, hair- color and styles, makeup, styles, fabrics, colors and labels of garments worn, pieces of jewelry, as well as background details, e.g. street-names, buildings, businesses, furniture, in addition to time and social context. This should assist us in visualizing what, where, when, how and why this terrible tragedy occurred.
Rainbow

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:50 pm    Post subject: Photographs Reply with quote

After the "disappearance" became public, there was a media-wide investigation. There were numerous "Chandra Sightings". If more photos were published, some of the "sightings" could be verified or discounted.
rd

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know that there are any pictures to publish or where they would come from or how someone would know they have a picture with Chandra in it, assuming anyone does.

rd
Rainbow

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 2:16 pm    Post subject: Photos Reply with quote

A great number of people travel to DC on vaction or business. Someone may have taken a snapshot of her without even knowing it. He/she may have even forgotten to develop the film!
Rainbow

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 2:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Jane's reply Reply with quote

Jane mentioned that fallout spent a lengthy amount of time poring over photos of interns which were posted on the internet, which had been taken at "official Washington gatherings", I believe. What about photos which were taken at "casual gatherings"? May be some of Chandra's former associates have photos which haven't been made available to police or the media.
Rainbow

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 2:22 pm    Post subject: Rd's Reply Reply with quote

Re: How would anyone even know if a photograph was "Chandra"?

Rd posted an excerpt from an interview with Mrs. Levy in an article from the April 5, 2006 edition of the "Washington Times" in one of the threads on this website. The article (and further posting) makes reference to some identifying characteristics of "Chandra's", e.g. a rose tatoo and ear-piercings. Is there any more information available on the tatoo design or the type of earings she customarily wore? How about brands of shoes and clothing? What kind of makeup did she use? What hairdresser did she go to and what hair products did she use? Did she go to a manicurist? What nailproducts did she use? Did she wear contact lenses and/or glasses?
rd

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My understanding from news articles is that Chandra kept it pretty simple. However, any info from someone who dealt with Chandra in DC could possibly shed light on an heretofore unknown connection.

Your questions remind me of several others I asked in Murder on a Horse Trail, equally unanswered publically. I would certainly hope that investigators have the answers. Depending on the answers, lots of other aspects of her disappearance are answered or new questions raised. Any resulting change in status quo should be welcome in a real investigation. That of course remains questionable.

From chapter Investigation:

One reason for having identification Tuesday afternoon would have been to cash her $54 birthday gift check from her godparents two weeks earlier. It was not found in her apartment, but her ATM card was, so she couldn't have been depositing it using an ATM machine. It's possible she had the check and was going to deposit it with a teller but never got the chance.

It was Tuesday and she would need to deposit it for it to clear when she would presumedly close her bank account Friday or Saturday before leaving. She had had the check for two weeks and it would have provided some spending money on a train trip home. Others have said they think it just got eaten up in a washer, forgotten tucked away in a magazine that she threw away, or otherwise lost.

She probably put it in her purse at her godmother's. Why would she take it out to be able to lose it? Given that the godparents live in the area, she could have intended to cash the check at a branch of their bank. Was there a branch of their bank in the DuPont Circle area?

Did she have a bank account while she was in DC? When was her last deposit? Had she closed her bank account or talked to them about closing it? Was her ATM card from that bank or was she using a nationwide ATM network to withdraw money and writing checks from a bank back home?

She had only been told her internship had ended a week before. Had she received her last paycheck from the Bureau of Prisons? If not, when was it sent out? Was she waiting on it?

Was she still receiving mail at the Newport? Had she filed a mail forwarding form at the Post Office with an effective date?

None of these questions have been addressed publically by the police or the Levys. The answers should be made available to the Levys if not the public.

rd
Rainbow

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:35 pm    Post subject: More Questions Reply with quote

When Chandra was found near the horsetrail in Rock Creek Park, news articles stated that lipstick, a contact lense and a cassette (cd?) recorder were found close by. Was the lipstick the brand that Chandra wore and was there a pocket in her (leggings?) for the lipstick? Was the contact lense hers? Was there a cassette or cd found in the recorder and what artist recorded it? Was there any trace-evidence of drugs in her hair (in case she had been drugged)?
fallout

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Rainbow,

In addition to checking the Washingtonian magazine for any society photos that might include Chandra in the background I tried a few other approaches.

On May 1, 2001 there was a picnic in Rock Creek Park not far from the Klingle Mansion. It was held by a group including the Green Party of Maryland. I spoke with some people in charge of that picnic on the phone and posted a request for photos on their internet site thinking Chandra may have popped up in a crowd scene. Nothing came of that but I understand your interest in getting a picture.

I was in search of any picture which might show Chandra with someone else on that day. Of course, if she IS in a photo with someone else then that means the person who was with her is either dead or possibly involved in her murder.

Washington is a big tourist city and, as you said, the possibility exists that someone might have accidently taken her picture. If it shows her with Sven Jones or Gary Condit or Michael Dayton (or Darryl Condit) then we would have much more then forensics could tell us.

Glad to hear of your interest.

James
Rainbow

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:42 pm    Post subject: Websites Reply with quote

One of the websites Chandra purportedly visited prior to her disappearance was "Gofrance.com". Just wondering if anyone has read anything about a trip to France she may have planned or she may have been "invited" to go on?
rd

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DePaulo said this on Larry King Live:

DEPAULO: Yeah, and she loved Paris. She loved Paris. She had been to Paris before. She knew Paris.

and I wrote this on the subject of her computer visiting GoFrance the day she disappeared:

An in depth analysis of Chandra's emotional changes her last weekend shows that the only day that Chandra was distraught was Saturday, April 28, three days before she disappeared. Based on feedback from the landlord, Linda Zamsky, and the gym manager, she was upbeat and full of enthusiasm. There is no record of emotional distress after Saturday, and a case cannot be made for her being distraught after that.

She makes it clear that she expects the FBI to take a few months to process her application and that she's not sure what she's going to do for the summer. This goes hand in hand with her visit to the GoFrance site as well.

My understanding is that Chandra had been on a trip to Paris before at some point, it has been said with her grandmother. I had never read of it myself but have seen the references to it.

If a person
a) tells their landlord their main problem is what to do for the summer, and
b) has visited France before, and
c) looks up a site for traveling to France
then I would see that as an activity consistent with the person's expected behavior.

Obviously anyone attempting to emulate a person's behavior would attempt to duplicate expected behavior, so anything Chandra is expected to do one could say it was emulated as well, I suppose.

So for example, we could assume that someone knows of Chandra's visit to France, so the person brings up a travel page for France. The goal? What is sometimes hypothesized is an attempt by this person (or CIA team, etc.) to throw doubt on Chandra's whereabouts as she may be off traipsing through Europe, this despite her passport being back home in California.

But contrast that with bringing up Rock Creek Park as well, where she was found. The point? Nothing coherent. She had a summer to kill but she got killed instead.

More realistically, she visited these sites herself. The GoFrance site I understand to be a travel site for France. If someone else is providing tickets, I wouldn't expect a person to care about checking into prices and arrangements that a travel site offers. Of course, once one seriously considers that Condit told her he was going to make a trip to Paris with her, any number of rationalizations could be made as to why she would look at a travel site for France.

There is no rational reason Condit would offer anything to Chandra concerning a trip to France. She didn't even have a ticket home to California, for some reason. If there was anything that Condit would offer her, it would be a ticket home as likely was going to be the case until a few weeks earlier when she had asked about Jennifer Thomas. Whether that could possibly construe "big news" to tell her aunt is in the realm of critical analysis of expected behavior.

What do we know concerning what she had told Linda Zamsky and even a friend or two previously concerning getting a ticket to fly home? Quite a bit. She thought enough about it to tell them, we know what she said and how she said it. Could one describe it as big news, either the first or especially the second time around? I don't think so, but that's an area that others can add more insight into based on their experience and knowledge.

rd
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: