www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Debbie Hawk Missing- 46, Fresno, CA
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rd

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like Debbie Hawk's friends would like to start searching local rivers for her, I presume mostly close to bridges.

rd

from www.abc30.com (fair use)

Debbie Hawk's Friends Hopeful

10/31/2006 - Hanford police told Action News today that they could get more evidence back from crime labs within the next few days. Once the District Attorney looks over the evidence, police say Dave Hawk could face murder charges.

Meantime, Debbie's friends have pulled together once again to look for answers in Debbie's disappearance.

(snip)

Mike Ray and others close to the mother of three are hopeful that with the new $80,000 reward someone will come forward with new information about what happened to her.

Though they see police naming her ex-husband a prime suspect as progress, they say it's been hard for the Hawk children.

Mike Ray said, "A lot of general people as well feel for the children that have been caught in the middle of this. On one hand it is their father that has been named the main suspect and that's tragic in its own sense."

Hanford police say they've been meeting with the District Attorney's office every day.

(snip)

In the meantime, Debbie Hawk's friends say this weekend, they will begin painting at least ten 12 by 8-foot billboards to place on major highways outside of Hanford and may even search local rivers themselves in a few weeks.

(snip)

Copyright KFSN-TV, www.abc30.com, and myabc30.com.
gozgals

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:35 pm    Post subject: Comments Reply with quote

I wish they would arrest Hawk soon! They have enough circumstantial evidence on him now I'm sure.

The rivers would be a good idea to start searching. These guys tend to always toss the bodies in the rivers and oceans. I guess it is the best choice, as they are praying they won't float up anywhere.

* I'm hoping we find Nina and Debbie soon in one of these areas.

Prayers for Debbie. We been watching this case for a few months now.

Goz
rd

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope this is Debbie, so justice can be pursued for her.

rd

from www.abc30.com (fair use)

http://abclocal.go.com/kfsn/story?section=local&id=4794502

Police Find Body in South Valley

11/25/06 - A disturbing discovery in the South Valley has police thinking about a mother missing for the last five months.
Visalia police found a badly decomposed body along Mill Creek Saturday morning. A passerby discovered the body near Akers Avenue in Visalia.

The area was blocked for much of Saturday afternoon, as police searched for clues. Investigators say the body was in a shallow grave and had been there for some time.

Police are not saying the body found has any relation to missing Hanford mother Debbie Hawk. But Hawk's friends say they're hopeful there's a connection. They also plan to put up some new billboards about Hawk's disappearance sometime next week.

An autopsy by the Tulare County Coroner's office is scheduled for Monday.

Copyright KFSN-TV, www.abc30.com, and myabc30.com.
gozgals

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RD:

Let us hope this is Debbie as you stated! Her family needs to know what happened to her after this length of time, and also if Dave killed her so an arrest can be made.

Prayers for Debbie and her family.

http://abclocal.go.com/kfsn/story?section=local&id=4794502
gozgals

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:49 pm    Post subject: Friends Have Hope in Case of Missing Hanford Mother Reply with quote

Friends Have Hope in Case of Missing Hanford Mother

11/26/06 - <snip>
Friends say they have new hope missing mother Debbie Hawk has been found. Their hopes were revived Saturday, when a passerby discovered a woman's body in an open grave in Visalia.

Debbie Hawk's friends say they've been through this before, the last time a woman's body was discovered in the Valley.
They say it's a tremendously difficult experience but they hope this time the discovery will bring them the answer they want.

Eliza Carlson says she speaks for other friends of Hawk who are looking for the sad story of their friend to come to an end.

"I think for all of us, we're just hoping that it is her," Carlson said. "So, we can put some closure to at least finding her. And now it's up to the police, to at least put their closure to it."

The body was discovered Saturday afternoon by a passerby in this shallow grave near the Mill Creek Canal in Visalia. Investigators say the body was in an advanced stage of decomposition and that it had been in the grave for a long time.

Detectives will pick up work on the case again on Monday morning, when the body of the woman will undergo an autopsy. Investigators will try to figure out who the woman is and how she died.

http://abclocal.go.com/kfsn/story?section=local&id=4796947

Comments: I guess they think this may be Debbie due to the decomposition and length of time the body has been in the grave. I can only assume this is the reason for LE to center in on Debbie. I'm looking forward to LE arresting Dave. (JMO!) I'm anxiously waiting for the ID.

Goz
rd

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, a shallow grave near a road, goz. Will probably be within ex's timeline for him to have driven there and buried her in a shallow grave.

We'll see what the autopsy results are. Hopefully not another missing woman who was left in a shallow grave by some ex who found her inconvenient.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, it's not Debbie Hawk. Another mystery?

rd

from www.cbs47.tv (fair use)

http://www.cbs47.tv/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=B4F87737-17F5-4EDF-80C0-8A589DD2839F

Body found not that of Debbie Hawk
November 27, 2006
CBS 47

According to police, the woman's body found in a shallow grave in Visalia does not appear to be missing mother Debbie Hawk.

A neighbor found the body near Millcreek and Akers on Saturday. Visalia police say the victim appears to be between 5'0" and 5'2" tall. She was wearing a diamond ring on her left ring finger.

An autopsy and comparison of dental records show the victim is not Hawk, and a forensic dentist is expected to confirm those findings on Tuesday. DNA samples were taken to determine the woman's race.

(snip)

Anyone with information about the body found in Visalia is urged to call Detective Curtis Brown at (559) 713-4725.
gozgals

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:44 am    Post subject: Misc. comments Reply with quote

Unfortunately, Debbie Hawk still remains missing and Dave Hawk is still the prime suspect in her disappearance.

Now we have another woman who is yet to be identified!

So sad. Maybe they will identify the other woman soon and she will be buried properly.

Goz
rd

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They identified the woman's body found in Visalia along Mill Creek. It's 31 year old Sonia Hughes, missing two months.

The autopsy determined it was a homicide.

So another murder investigation of a missing woman.

rd

http://www.visaliatimesdelta.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061201/NEWS01/612010320
gozgals

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:54 pm    Post subject: Comments Reply with quote

I'm glad the body has been identified but I'm so sorry there has been another murder of a woman. I hope justice will be served in this case soon.

Where is Debbie?

In my opinion, Dave went to great lengths to dispose of the body.

I am praying that Debbie will turn up soon.

Gozgals
rd

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was a brief news article that the sheriff expects to arrest Debbie's ex Dave Hawk for her murder.

When there is an arrest, we'll probably get some details to post here.

Still no sign of Debbie Hawk, or Nina Reiser, or Tara Grinstead, or any of the other missing women that had become inconvenient women to some ex.

rd
gozgals

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RD:

Thanks for informing me that Dave will be arrested for Debbie's murder. It looks like we have another homicide without a body. This seems to be a new trend but with the soon to be released information I'm sure we will get the evidence they have against Dave. I have been waiting for his arrest for quite sometime.

This is great news since I'm positive he is the prime suspect, or rather the only suspect. Maybe he will make a deal and tell where the body is located. I seriously doubt it though.

RD
Quote:
Still no sign of Debbie Hawk, or Nina Reiser, or Tara Grinstead, or any of the other missing women that had become inconvenient women to some ex.

I am terribly sad as I read this statement as it is so true. I think often too about Amanda Jones who went missing after telling her ex-boyfriend about their baby and setting up a time to meet. We have too many missing women yet to be found on our board, and ex's that seem to dispose of them like they are trash. I pray they are found or recovered soon and the ex's get harsh sentences once they are all arrested and convicted!

Gozgals
gozgals

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 12:53 pm    Post subject: From Dateline Reply with quote

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18561784

A missing mom and traces of blood
Three children came home one day to an empty house with traces of blood. All they knew was their mother, Debbie Hawk, was missing

By Rob Stafford
Correspondent
NBC News
Updated: 8:34 p.m. CT May 8, 2007
This report aired Tuesday, May 8 on Dateline NBC.

HANFORD, CALIF. - If there’s a color that makes them think of Debbie Hawk, her friends say, it’s purple.

Taryn: She was very regal and to us. She definitely fits the bill as the princess.

Eliza: She should have been a Kennedy (laughter)

But Debbie became a household name in a different way: from the missing posters hanging in her small town. Since June 13, 2006, the day 46-year-old Debbie Hawk disappeared, purple ribbons have served as reminders of a dear friend, and the hope she’ll be found.

Debbie Hawk was born in Pittsburgh and spent her teenage years in California’s Bay Area. In 1988 a job selling mattresses brought her to Hanford, California, outside Fresno. Friends there set her up on a blind date with a man named David Hawk.

Rob Stafford, Dateline correspondent: What’s your first impression of Debbie?

Dave Hawk, ex-husband: Firecracker. She was short and attractive. And a lot of fun. And pretty good sense of humor. You know, you’d say something and man, she’d pop back with something that you didn’t quite expect.

Dave was drawn to Debbie’s quick wit and vivacious energy. They married a year after their first date and settled in the farmlands of the Central Valley, where Dave comes from a family of almond growers. Debbie’s dream was to be a mom. And she got her wish — three children, a boy and two girls.

There were plenty of happy times, like family Christmas celebrations.

Dave Hawk: Little kids were wrapping and boxes and family all around, those are the images that I remember.

The children had a good life and their futures seemed well-provided for with trust funds set up by Dave’s parents. But after nearly nine years together, like so many marriages, this one fell apart.

Dave Hawk: We might have been a little bit more different than we were willing to admit early on.

The couple separated in 1998 when their son was 7 years old, their daughters 6 and 2. The divorce was finalized in 2000.

Dave Hawk: Since 1998 we’ve gone our own ways. With the exception of what involves our children. And she has her life. And I have my life.

After the divorce, Debbie worked as a pharmaceutical representative; Dave for his family’s almond farm. And the children split their time between their parents.

It wasn’t easy, but they made it work until one evening in June 2006, when the Hawks’ lives changed forever.

The children had been with Dave all weekend, and Debbie was supposed to pick them up Tuesday evening, June 13th. When she didn’t show, Dave dropped the children off at her house and drove away.

When they walked inside the children found a frightening scene—pools of blood and disorder. And Debbie was nowhere to be found.

The girls ran to a neighbor, and Debbie’s son called 911 from her house. At 2 a.m., Dave was called down to the Hanford police station.

Dave Hawk: They said that Debbie did not come home. And they have a missing person. Do I know where she might be? Or do I know of anything that might have happened to her?

Stafford: You hear Debbie is missing. What goes through your mind at that point?

Dave Hawk: Well, that’s unusual. Because she’s never gone missing before. And I’ve never been in a police station answering those kind of questions before. So I’m a little apprehensive.

Debbie’s friend Teresa Voyles feared the worst.

Teresa Voyles, friend: I knew something horrible must have happened because there’s no way she would not pick up her kids.

Two days after her disappearance, police discovered Debbie’s van 40 miles away, in southwest Fresno. There was blood inside, and the license plates had been replaced with stolen ones.

Investigator Darren Mattison: I believe someone went into her house specifically to hurt her.

Hanford police investigator Daren Matteson believes Debbie was surprised by her attacker in the house — incapacitated — and taken away in her van.

Mattison: Her van was transported to a place where it would either not be recognized or possibly be stolen.

Weeks passed and there was still no word from Debbie. Her friends handed out fliers with her picture and purple ribbons. Police and community volunteers combed through miles of fields and rivers for any sign of Debbie.

The case was reclassified from "missing person" to "homicide investigation."

Stafford: Do you believe there’s any chance she’s alive?

Mattison: No.

What had happened to Debbie Hawk? And who was responsible? Police weren’t sure. But they did have a “person of interest”—Debbie’s ex-husband, Dave Hawk. And some new, disturbing, information was coming out about his relationship with Debbie.

CONTINUED: Suspicion on the ex-husband?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 | 2 | Next >
gozgals

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 12:57 pm    Post subject: Page 2 Reply with quote

A missing mom and traces of blood

Kim Aguirre, Debbie's attorney: The issues that she was dealing with were custody and support.

Kim Aguirre is Debbie’s attorney, and it turns out, when Debbie disappeared, the exes were battling in the courts. Child support payments were one issue. Dave was supposed to be paying $553 a month for the three children and wanted to pay less, claiming he only made $6,000 a year. That’s well below the poverty level, and Aguirre found it hard to believe.

Aguirre: He lived in what I understood to be a very nice home. He drove a late model Suburban. At least, that’s what I saw when I saw him drive up to court. And it’s just, that’s hard to do on $6,000 a year.

Dave says he accurately reported his income, and supplemented it with savings and gifts from his parents

Debbie was also asking for more time with the children.

Aguirre: His response was to ask for half custody. The percentages were something like 65 with Debbie and 35 with Dave. And he wanted to make it an even 50-50.

And then there were the children’s trust funds. Debbie accused her ex-husband of stealing money from the trust funds over several years.

Stafford: How much money are we talking about?

Darren Mattison, investigator: A significant amount.

Stafford: Ten thousand, 100,000?

Mattison: More than $100,000. It appears that his living expenses were coming out of the children’s trust account.

Could the ongoing custody dispute and accusations of misusing the children’s trust funds make Dave Hawk so angry that he wanted to kill his ex-wife?

Stafford: Debbie’s been accusing you of misusing the funds that are set aside for the children.

Dave Hawk: She claimed that, yes. Well, if you look a little further those trust funds are in my name. And if I want to go in and sell Exxon stock and buy Microsoft stock, I can do that.

Stafford: You can do it. The question is have you been reinvesting the money? Or have you been spending the money on personal things for yourself and not the kids.

Dave Hawk: No, I— can do that. And as far as the way the Hawks live their lives, that’s private.

Stafford: I would assume as the ex-husband you weren’t happy about the fact that Debbie’s accusing you of misusing the trust funds for the kids.

Dave Hawk: Right. Well, she’s—

Stafford: Make you angry, I would assume.

Dave Hawk: Yeah. She’s trying to paint me in a bad light so that she could win more custody of our children.

Stafford: And I would think that that’s an escalating, angering situation between the two of you.

Dave Hawk: Not on my part.
Did it ever get physical? Well, in 1998, Debbie did get a temporary restraining order against Dave.

Stafford: Debbie accused you of grabbing her throat. And starting to choke her.

Dave Hawk: That’s what she claims.

Stafford: Did that happen?

Dave Hawk: No. It didn’t happen.

And yet another strange twist: On May 18, 2006, a day before he was supposed to be in court dealing with the Hawks’ custody issues, Debbie’s attorney was shot in the neck right outside his office.

Aguirre: Opened my car door and heard this tremendous explosion, felt it in the back of the head like I got hit with a baseball bat,

A few days later, Aguirre says he got an interesting call from Debbie Hawk.

Aguirre: She called to express a concern that maybe it was her ex-husband.

Dave says he had nothing to do with the shooting.

Stafford: Where were you when Debbie’s attorney was shot?

Dave Hawk: I was at work.

The shooting remains under investigation by the Fresno police.

In the months following Debbie’s disappearance, police came down hard on Dave Hawk, searching his home at least four times and taking away items like computers and Dave’s shoes. Police even cuffed him outside his house in full view of local television cameras. They also seized evidence, including computers, from the church where Dave sometimes worked. Dave describes it as a witch hunt.

Dave Hawk: They need to find somebody and paint him bad and hammer him.

Stafford: And you’re saying you are that somebody?

Dave Hawk: Well, I’m the ex-husband. I’m the first guy on the list.

He claims law enforcement is so determined to find him responsible, that an FBI agent threatened to make up evidence against him. He wrote down what he says the agent told him.

He wrote that the agent said ‘I dont need a body or evidence. I can manufacture that. All I need is motive. And with an ex-husband that’s easy.”

Police investigator Matteson says Dave Hawk was never threatened as he claims.

Mattison: I’m not gonna get into what Mr. Hawk believes. However, I can tell you that the FBI was professional, and did not say the things that Mr. Hawk believes he said.

Stafford: Did you have anything to do with Debbie’s disappearance?

Dave Hawk: No.

Stafford: Did you kill your ex-wife?

Dave Hawk: No.

Stafford: Are you worried in the back of their minds, your kids say, "Maybe dad did have something to do with this."

Dave Hawk: My kids aren’t going to think that because they don’t think that.

Dave maintains he has an alibi for the time Debbie disappeared.

Dave Hawk: I was either here with my children, or I was at work.

Stafford: You could have hired someone.

Dave Hawk: Could have hired—oh, like a hit man?

Stafford: Yeah.

Dave Hawk: Yeah. I don’t know any. I don’t even know where to buy marijuana. I’m pretty vanilla when you start looking at me.

Plain as vanilla? Hanford police aren’t buying it.

Stafford: Does Dave Hawk’s alibi check out?

Mattison: I don’t know if you can call it an alibi. He was at home.

Matteson says there’s no way to verify that Dave Hawk didn’t leave the house while his children were sleeping or slip away from work.

In late October, police named Dave Hawk the prime suspect in the disappearance of his ex wife.

Stafford: Almost every road that you’ve explored, you’re saying leads back to Dave Hawk?

Mattison: Yes.

Police say there’s a chance more than one person was involved in Debbie’s disappearance. As for what happens next - police say they are still waiting for that computer evidence to be analyzed.

Stafford: Without Debbie’s body, do you have a case?

Mattison: Yes. That’s not an issue, according to the district attorney’s office.

Stafford: You’ll prosecute this case if you find the evidence you think you need.

Mattison: Yes.

Debbie and Dave’s son is now in foster care. Their daughters are still living with their dad. As Debbie’s friends wait for answers... it is those children they worry about the most.

Taryn: Those kids need their mom. No 16-year-old, no 14-year-old, no 11-year-old should have to ever deal with or go through something awful like this.

If you have information on Debbie Hawk, contact the Hanford Police Department at (559)585-2540. You can also visit the Web site http://www.debbiehawk.com/
rd

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They found remains in a pond basin northwest of Fowler in Fresno county. Not much information yet, but they are checking on whether it's Debbie Hawk.

rd

from www.fresnobee.com (fair use)
http://www.fresnobee.com/263/story/52470.html
June 8, 2007

Skeletal remains found in ponding basin near Fowler

The skeletal remains of an unidentified person were found Thursday morning in a ponding basin south of Lincoln Avenue, a few miles northwest of the city of Fowler, Fresno County sheriff's Sgt. Arley Terrence said.

Terrence, a homicide detective, said the remains were found shortly after 11 a.m. by a mosquito abatement worker.

The body appears to have been at the location for "an extended period of time" and likely more than months, he said.

Pending an examination by the Fresno County Coroner's Office, the case is being investigated as a questionable death, Terrence said.

The ponding basin, which contained little water, is west of Peach Avenue and is surrounded by vineyards and heavily wooded areas.

The basin is used by an irrigation district for runoff irrigation water, Terrence said.

Fresno County sheriff's officials said they did not know whether the body could be connected to the case of missing Hanford woman Debbie Hawk, whose body has yet to be found. Sheriff's deputy Chris Curtice, a department spokesman, said he didn't know whether Hanford officials had inquired about the case.

© Copyright 2007 The Fresno Bee
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: