www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Debbie Hawk Missing- 46, Fresno, CA
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gozgals

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:45 am    Post subject: Searching the Church Computers Reply with quote

http://abclocal.go.com/kfsn/story?section=local&id=4443687

Hawk Speaks Out Against Church Search

August 8, 2006 - Dave Hawk is speaking out about the latest in the search for his missing ex-wife Debbie Hawk.

He said the most recent search of a church, where he and Debbie were members, was a "publicity stunt".

"My family is sick and tired of the police's tactics. It's really a shame that they've now violated the sanctity of the church," Hawk said.

"There is nothing incriminating that they will find in the church."

Last week Hanford police and the Kings County District Attorney's office searched the Lemoore Presbyterian Church for clues into Hawk's Disappearance.

The church pastor said authorities copied information from the church's three computers.
rd

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shades of BTK.

rd
gozgals

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rd I was thinking the same thing when I read about searching the church computer about the BTK. Seems Hawk made a big fuss over this too.

See next link.
gozgals

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 2:46 pm    Post subject: Dental Records Pending on Body Found Reply with quote

Dental Comparison Planned in Debbie Hawk Case

August 14, 2006 - We are learning new information in the Debbie Hawk investigation.

Hanford police tell Action News they are working with the Fresno County Sheriff's Department to obtain dental records from the body found near Mendota last week.

Police say they will take those dental records, along with Debbie Hawk's, and submit them to a forensic dentist to see if there is a match.

The results are expected in a couple days.

Hawk has been missing for just over two months.

Comments: I hope they have found Debbie so this case can move forward and an arrest can be made. Her family needs to know what has happened to her and start the grieving process. Prayers for Debbie and family.

http://abclocal.go.com/kfsn/story?section=local&id=4461930
peripeteia

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gg: Sadly but true Figeruoa's death likely poses a problem in solving the death of Debbie. However, it is a good thing that the police already had a link somehow between Debbie and the deceased, how is anyone's guess.

The behavior of Debbie's husband and his reticence in cooperating with law enforcement, and his actual bashing of law enforcement is indeed suspect. His disapproval of the search of the church where he worshipped is very puzzling. You'd think that he would welcome any avenue to find out what became of the Mother of his children as they must be very distraught at their Mother's disappearance. I hope that the children are not living with their Father! If HE appears to be a prime suspect in Debbie's disappearance, if the children are with him, one questions the wisdom of such a move, and the safety of his children.

Since the police already suspected gang member Figeruoa we can only hope that there is some evidence linking the two. In the murder of
Thatcher by her husband in Saskatchewan, the police managed to convict her husband of the crime, even though no murder weapon was found nor the hit man identified, if indeed there was a hit man.... Colin Thatcher is doing 25 to life, and more than likely the latter, on a single piece of evidence, a receipt from gas purchased by him the day of murder, found outside his wife's house in the snow...Also testimony from his girlfriend. So perhaps there exists already an incriminating piece of evidence.... and it is not hopeful that if Figeruoa is the hit man that his family will cooperate unless they would agree to go in a witness protection programme as to roll over on a gang member would mean their lives would be in jeopardy....

If it is Debbie's body that has been found hopefully some evidence will be discovered linking the perp to her murder......such as ballistics or trace forensic evidence...we can only HOPE!!!!!
gozgals

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:41 pm    Post subject: Body Found not Debbie Reply with quote

Peri: I agree, Dave is not acting like a man interested in finding out who may have snatched his x-wife, (the mother of his children) or who may have killed her. Personally, I feel he is responsible, be it if he hired someone we have mentioned, or another. He may have killed her himself. Once the body is found, I'm sure we will know.

He probably knew he was going to get caught taking the children's trust fund, or lose custody of them in court. Easier for him not to pay child support. His attitude to toward LE is just completely, utterly out of control. I think as we have all stated here, Debbie was an inconvenient woman to him.

Till I can pick up a mouse tomorrow, I can only manage to copy/post the link on the body found. It has been determined it is not Debbie's body that was discovered.

http://abclocal.go.com/kfsn/story?section=local&id=4475745

Goz
peripeteia

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Body Found in Western Fresno CountyAugust 10, 2006 - A body is found in west Fresno County on Thursday, but the identity is still a mystery.

The Fresno County Sheriff's Department says the remains were in a gully off Whitesbridge Avenue, near Mendota.
It will take officials some time to identify the body, because of its condition.

Hanford investigators came to the scene to see if the body might be that of missing mother Debbie Hawk. But, they say the clothing on the body did not match Hawk's.

/quote

no word on the identy of the body of the woman found, which in 12 days, one would think that a dental ID of the woman might be discerned to be
that of Debbie Hawks by this time. The clothes the woman was wearing who was found is said not to match those that Debbie Hawks was wearing.

For all apperances of the discrepencies of the clothing, which of course we know could have been changed, plus the delay in the dental identidy strikes one that the body is not that of Debbie Hawks. This is just a calculated guess. If someone goes to the trouble to kill their wife or hire someone to do this, we are not likely to find a body by a railroad tracks. My guess if that the body would never be found, or will turn up floating in a bay, or lake, or buried in a grave yard on top of a freshly dug grave, or in a waste disposal site. One who truely wants to get rid of someone and has money or is ingenious enough, the body will not turn up, either at all or for some very long time. For example when a lake or river runs dry, and that could be in a hundred years. And if one is well connected enough, there is always someone at a cremitorium or whatever....

I think this person is not Debbie, sadly she is someone...there is no report of foul play as the body was very decomposed, but this poor soul belongs to someone. Hopefully this person will be identified and her/his body lad to rest....although it seems that the person was a female. Sadly enough those that are homeless or on the periphery of society who go missing we hardly hear a word unless of course until the body count in a particular area reach staggering proportions.

It is a sad reflection of our society how so many people especially women seem to turn up dead, in fields, in rivers, in oceans, on pig farms, in all sorts of henious places, and those who are missing are never found, is anyone LISTENING?!!!!!
gozgals

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:35 am    Post subject: Body confirmed not Debbie per d.records Reply with quote

August 18, 2006 - Hanford police tell Action News the body of a woman found in Mendota last week is not missing mother Debbie Hawk.

Hanford police on Friday wouldn't comment on any possible connection between Joaquin Figueroa and the homicide investigation into missing mother Debbie Hawk.
A forensic dentist confirmed the unidentified woman's teeth do not match Hawk's dental records.

Investigators say they have been conducting brand new interviews in the case.

Police searched an isolated section of the Kings River, near Laton, on Thursday.

Debbie Hawk was last seen June 12th in Hanford.

Peri:
Quote:
It is a sad reflection of our society how so many people especially women seem to turn up dead, in fields, in rivers, in oceans, on pig farms, in all sorts of henious places, and those who are missing are never found, is anyone LISTENING?!!!!!

I'm listening but it appears these people only count to a small segment of our population like us on the boards and some out there. Then when serial killers come to be, society is in an uproar, (Green River, the Pig Farm killer) over these women yet we have been given clues all along. Sad that so many people do not take the time out of their lives to care. They never think bad things can happen to good people Peri.

Thanks for caring and all else here that do. I pray Debbie will turn up and her hubby did not do away with the body.

GOZ
peripeteia

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GG there was ample information to point to the Picton Pig farm murderer, testimonies from witnesses and a woman was found naked, screaming and running from the farm, and yet no one took notice. One female RCMP officer had nailed this guy as a prime suspect when only a few women had been murdered but she was poo pooed!?

Had the RCMP followed investigative protocols many many lives would have been spared!!!!!
gozgals

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:55 pm    Post subject: Update Reply with quote

http://abclocal.go.com/kfsn/story?section=state&id=3420212

Figueroa No Longer Person of Interest in Hawk Case

August 28, 2006 - There are new developments in the Debbie Hawk homicide investigation. Investigators tell Action News that police officer shooting suspect Joaquin Figueroa is no longer a person of interest in the Hawk case.

Hanford police say they made the decision to eliminate Joaquin Figueroa as a person of interest after interviewing his friends and family members. Debbie Hawk's friends say they see these new developments as progress in the case.
Hanford Police Chief Carlos Mestas says his detectives couldn't link Joaquin Figueroa, or one of his associates, to Debbie Hawk's disappearance.

Chief Carlos Mestas stated, "We followed his lead and at this point we found that he probably was not involved."

Hawk's friends remain hopeful that this will bring detectives closer to finding the missing mother of three.

Eliza Carlson, Debbie's friend said, "This is just another stepping stone finding out that he's not involved."

Now that Joaquin Figueroa is out of the picture, Hanford police say that they have three persons of interest in the case. One of those is still Debbie's ex-husband, Dave Hawk, who could not be reached for comment.

Police say they recently re-interviewed Dave Hawk.

It has now been two months since Debbie Hawk has been missing.
peripeteia

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GG:

Thanks for posting the article, it seems that buddy must of had an alibi, and some of his friends by the sounds of things that have transpired. I'd love to be a fly on the wall in law enforcement's office, to discern how they made the possible connection with Debbie to make him suspect in her murder.

Will have to wait to see what unfold, discovering where Debbie has been buried or disposed of would help matters greatly....

Wondering if the Hawk's or their parents had a summer cottage or winter place that they frequented....people usually go to places they know well to get rid of a body...if I'm not mistaken Scott Peterson took Laci on their first date on a fishing trip in San Fran harbour, near Richmond Bay...and this is where he dumped her body over the side of his boat....

It would be helpful to know more about Dave Hawks past...this might give some lead as to where Debbie is...theorizing here of course that Dave is responsible for Debbie's disappearance, this bases entirely on his behavior and level of cooperation with the police.
gozgals

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 3:12 pm    Post subject: Comments Reply with quote

Peri States:

Quote:
GG there was ample information to point to the Picton Pig farm murderer, testimonies from witnesses and a woman was found naked, screaming and running from the farm, and yet no one took notice. One female RCMP officer had nailed this guy as a prime suspect when only a few women had been murdered but she was poo pooed!?

Had the RCMP followed investigative protocols many many lives would have been spared!!!!!

So true and sadly this reminds me of the J. Dahmer case when the Oriental teenager ran into the street drugged out. The Milwaukee LE, (racially motivated in my opinion) and plagued with problems for years, ignored his cries. They sent the boy back inside to Dahmer's house of death. If, if only they would have taken the time to hear his cries, and pay attention to their jobs, Dahmer would have been discovered and caught sooner.

Others in the tattered neighborhood heard the screams and saw the teens condition and had been phoning the police prior to this incident but to no avail. They were ignored. Black, Oriental, and Gay individuals and I guess Poor folks were not high on the list of those that were cared about in the city.

Goz.
gozgals

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:33 pm    Post subject: Update Reply with quote

Sadly, there has been no information on Debbie Hawk to post as of late.

Prayers for Debbie and her family.

Let us hope this does not become another of our cold cases. (Oct. 3,06)

Goz
rd

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know, maybe the recent publicity of Hans Reiser making his wife disappear made this just so much more obvious. Another inconvenient woman made to disappear.

rd

P.S. There will be other news articles on this, but they will probably be based on this one.

from KSEE24 News, Central Valley's News Station (fair use)

Dave Hawk named primary suspect in Debbie Hawk homicide case

Oct 30, 2006 - During a news conference Monday afternoon, Hanford authorities announced that Dave Hawk, ex-husband of missing Hanford mother Debbie Hawk, is now the primary suspect in the case.

Police also announced that the reward money for information leading to the arrest and conviction of individuals involved in the Hawk case, has been increased from $50,000 to $80,000.

"We are hopeful that the reward increase will bring people foreword with direct or indirect involvement or knowledge of this case," said Hanford Police Chief Carlos Mestas.

Hawk went missing on June 13th 2006. Police said she was taken from her home against her will. Her abandoned van was found in the Fresno area, stained with Hawk’s blood. In the weeks following, the case was later re-classified from a missing person's case to a homicide investigation.

Police said to date they have received hundreds of leads in the case. Hanford authorities, in conjunction with the FBI, the Kings County District Attorney's Office and the Kings County Sheriff's Department, said based on information gathered from various sources, they have classified Dave Hawk as the primary suspect in the case.

Chief Mestas added that Hawk is no longer cooperating with authorities and refuses to talk with detectives. Police said they are waiting on evidence from a Virginia crime lab in order to build a stronger case against Hawk.

In an interview with KSEE 24 News, Hawk said the investigation has turned into a witch-hunt and feels police have unfairly fixated on him.

"I think that they're very embarrassed with their lack of progress in this, and they should be... and I think that they are... this is a witch hunt now, not an investigation," Hawk said.

Dave Hawk has not been arrested, but has been detained on previous occasions.

Hawk's body has not been recovered, but police said they can build a case with circumstantial evidence.

Authorities are asking for anyone with any information in the Hawk case to please call Crime Stoppers @ 498-STOP.

© 2006 KSEE24-TV
gozgals

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amen! Maybe they will start arresting these guys now that they arrested Hans when they have some solid circumstantial evidence instead of waiting for the bodies to turn up. As far as I'm concerned, and many of us are, Dave is the man who did the deed.

I really feel for Debbie's family and her children since she has been missing for so long.

Thanks for filling me in RD.

So sad that Debbie has not been found yet.

Goz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: