www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Debbie Hawk Missing- 46, Fresno, CA
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gozgals

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:22 am    Post subject: Debbie Hawk Missing- 46, Fresno, CA Reply with quote

Information

Debbie Hawk

Missing: between 6/12/06 to 6/13/06

Eyes: Blue Hair: Red

5' 1" tall, 128 pounds

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://abclocal.go.com/kfsn/story?section=local&id=4274069

Missing Hanford Woman's Van Found in FresnoJune 15, 2006 - Police say the van belonging to a missing South Valley woman has been found in Fresno. Debbie Hawk of Hanford disappeared sometime between Monday and Tuesday evening.

It turns out Debbie Hawk's lawyer is Kim Aguirre. He's the attorney shot outside his office last month.
Aguirre has now recovered and tells Action News that Hawk's bitter child custody dispute with her ex- husband was set to go to court the day after Aguirre was shot. The shooter has never been caught.

Then just this week, Hawk's home in Hanford was ransacked and her van was gone.

But Thursday, authorities found her van in southwest Fresno, near Jensen and Highway 41.

Police say the doors were unlocked, the were windows rolled down and in the back seat, another clue as to what may have happened to the missing woman.

Juanita Lopez says she first saw the minivan while hanging clothes in her backyard two days ago.

"The window was open and looked like they just threw it there. It wasn't parked right to me and I said it looks suspicious, I better call police," recalled Lopez.

Lopez soon realized the car looked exactly like the one police say belonged to a missing woman from Hanford.

Police say Debbie Hawk was last seen leaving her home on Monday night. And they say she spoke to a relative later that night.

One day later, her three children came home and discovered their house a mess and blood inside.

It was the same type of evidence officers found in Hawk's minivan.

"There is a blood apparently in the backseat area, not a great amount," said Hanford Police Captain David Scott.

Police believe the car has been in the neighborhood for at least two days. They say Hawk's keys were still inside.

Her glove box was empty and the doors were left unlocked.

They say someone had also gone through the effort to replace Hawk's back license plate with a stolen one.

"It would lead me to believe that they'd maybe intended to keep it longer than they did. Maybe by the time, seeing the attention it was getting in the press, they decided to go ahead and abandon it at that time," said Scott.

Police are still considering Hawk a missing person. For now, they're hoping she will be found alive.

Hanford police say evidence collected off Hawk's car may shed some light as to what happened to her.

Hawk's close friends tell Action News that she had recently gone through messy divorce. They say she is not on good terms with her ex-husband.

Right now, police say he is not considered a suspect.

Debbie Hawk is 5' 1" tall, 128 pounds with red hair and blue eyes.

If you have any information, call the Hanford Police Department.

GG)

Last edited by gozgals on Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
gozgals

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:28 am    Post subject: links Reply with quote

http://abclocal.go.com/kfsn/story?section=local&id=4278563

Search Continues for Missing Hanford WomanJune 16, 2006 - There's now a $10,000 reward for information in the case of Debbie Hawk, and today, dozens of friends and family members will be out in Hanford giving out flyers with pictures of the missing mother.

Debbie Hawk disappeared from her Hanford home sometime between Monday and Tuesday evening.
Fresno police are also interested in her husband, Dave Hawk, but for another case.

Fresno sources tell Action News that Debbie Hawk's ex-husband is a person of interest in the attack on Fresno lawyer Kim Aguirre.

Aguirre represented Debbie Hawk in a messy divorce settlement with her husband in 2000.

Two weeks ago, Aguirre was shot outside his Fresno office, just one day before the couple were scheduled for a custody hearing.

Hanford police say they are aware of the connection and say someone close to Debbie Hawk called Fresno police shortly after Aguirre was shot, suggesting they should investigate Dave Hawk.

Hanford police are now considering Hawk's ex-husband a person of interest in her disappearance as well.

"He's a person of interest for us also, and just like everybody that had contact with her within the last few hours of her coming up missing, they are also persons of interest," said Lieutenant Greg Freiner, from the Hanford Police Department.

Hawk went missing earlier this week when her three children came home and discovered blood inside her Hanford house.

On Thursday, police found more blood in Hawk's minivan. It was abandoned in southwest Fresno.

Hanford police say so far, all those who spoke to Hawk on the day she disappeared have been helpful in the investigation, including her ex-husband.

"He's been cooperative. He came in and talked to us, the children are with him at this time as far as I know and we've been continuing to have contact with the family," said Freiner.

On Friday, friends and relatives spent the day posting flyers throughout Hanford. They are planning to put more up over the weekend and they still have hope Hawk will turn up alive.

"We just don't know. You never think it could happen to you and now that it has, we just don't know what to do. There's a lot of land out there to cover ... she could be anywhere," said friend Marcus Weston.

Hanford police again do not have any suspects in the case.

Divorce records show Debbie Hawk had an on-again, off-again boyfriend. In one instance, Dave Hawk complained to the court his children were afraid to be alone in the house with that boyfriend and that he gave his children "the creeps."
gozgals

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:32 am    Post subject: Police waiting on test results Reply with quote

http://abclocal.go.com/kfsn/story?section=local&id=4286953

Waiting for Test Results in Missing Woman CaseJune 19, 2006 - Authorities are waiting for key test results as they continue to search for a missing South Valley mother. A $10,000 reward is being offered in the search for Debbie Hawk.

The mother of three has been missing for almost a week.
Hanford police are testing everything from fingerprints to fibers found in Debbie Hawk's home and car. They are expecting those test results any day now.

They believe whatever they find will give them a good idea of who Hawk was with the night she disappeared.

Photos of Debbie Hawk can be seen all over Hanford these days and everyone is speculating about what happened to the mother of three.

"I don't know any of the situation, but usually it ends up like the Peterson case in Modesto," said Hanford resident Rinda Enders.

Hanford police say their list of leads is getting larger. They now know Hawk was last seen Monday and family members spoke to her as late as 10:15pm that night.

Police are now waiting for the Department of Justice to trace blood stains found in Hawk's house and van, which was found abandoned in southwest Fresno last week.

"Hopefully the evidence will speak for itself ... and it'll give us some information as to who Debbie Hawk was with on the day that she was missing," said Lieutenant Darrell Smith, from the Hanford Police Department.

Police are still considering Hawk's ex-husband a person of interest.

Action News was unable to reach Dave Hawk at his Lemoore home on Monday.

Last week, sources confirmed to Action News that Hawk is also a person of interest in the shooting of Debbie's Hawk's divorce attorney, Kim Aguirre, two weeks ago.

Hanford police are now investigating that shooting as well, but they say in the missing woman case, anyone could be a suspect.

"We're talking to everybody that's associated to Debbie Hawk, including co-workers, friends, family members and yes, her ex-husband was spoken to and he's been very cooperative," said Smith.

Family friends tell Action News that Hawk's three children are right now staying with her ex-husband in Lemoore. They acknowledge that Hawk and her ex-husband did have a very tumultuous relationship.

They says they are all praying that he did not have anything to do with her disappearance.
gozgals

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:35 am    Post subject: Organization joins in search for missing woman Reply with quote

http://abclocal.go.com/kfsn/story?section=local&id=4301803

Organization Joins Search for Missing Hanford MotherJune 23, 2006 - It's been 11 days since Hanford mother Debbie Hawk disappeared, and on Friday, her close friends made a rare public plea, asking for any help to find her.

"All we want is her home. Her children need her home; we need her home. Next week is her birthday; we want her home for her birthday," said friend Eliza Carlson.
That help is now coming in the form of more money.

On Friday, Kim Petersen of the Carol Sund-Carrington Foundation traveled to Hanford to announce a $5,000 donation to help find Hawk, bringing the total reward to $15,000.

The organization, which was formed after the 1999 Yosemite murders, has aided hundreds of families in their search for loved ones, including Laci Peterson.

But Kim Petersen says this case hits close to home. "My father received a call from a friend of his who is in his Kiwanis club, and he was in tears and he said 'a very close friend of my wife's is missing in Hanford, can you help?'" she said.

Hawk vanished last week after her three children came home and found blood in her Hanford house. A few days later, her van was located in Southwest Fresno, also with blood inside.

Police say they are searching for Hawk in both locations but still need help.

"People that live around where Debbie lives, if you have information regarding last Monday night, last Tuesday, we want to hear about it, especially if you have not talked to an officer yet," said Investigator Darren Matteson.

And although police say Hawk's ex-husband and others are persons of interest in her disappearance, on Friday, her friends would not comment on the subject.

"We're not going to assume judgment on anybody. That's kind of left to the police department. All's we want to do is make sure she gets home for her kids," said friend Taryn Maltes.

Anyone with information about the case is urged to call the investigation tip line at 559-381-9853.
gozgals

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:41 am    Post subject: Injured Lawyer talks about client Reply with quote

http://www.cbs47.tv/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=48EFC778-0AC8-48C0-8E27-8505E995F493

Injured lawyer talks about missing client
Posted: 6/21/2006 1:23:20 PM

Video

Last month, Fresno lawyer Kim Aguirre was shot outside his law office. The shooter is still on the loose. Now, one of Aguirre's clients, Debbie Hawk, has disappeared from her Hanford home. Police are working to see if the two cases are related.

Aguirre spoke to CBS 47 Tuesday and said he still fears for his life.

Aguirre tells CBS 47, “Nobody’s been caught.” “So there’s somebody out there that would like me to be dead. That’s scary,” he added.

Aguirre hesitated to say there’s a connection between his case and Hawk’s disappearance.

He said Hawk called him after he was shot and asked whether he thought her ex-husband could have been to blame.

But he said Hawk was one of about ten clients who had the same question.

Hanford police say the father of Hawk’s children is not a named suspect in her disappearance. Hawk and her ex-husband divorced in 2001.
gozgals

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be adding some comments and further links on this story over the next few days. I just wanted to get it started as I have been watching and saving links for the last week.

Tonight the story was featured on Greta yet I missed it. If I am able to catch the rerun, I will write up the story or over time, get the transcripts.

My thoughts are with Debbie and her family.

Goz
gozgals

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:26 pm    Post subject: Greta's Show 6/ 26 Reply with quote

I taped the late edition of Greta and caught the segment on
Debbie Hawk which was rather short.

According to Greta, 46 year old Debbie was discovered missing by her
children who came over to her house after being at their father's house.

- they found blood in the home
- her van was missing (which has since been found, in Fresno, 40
miles from the home)
- the x-husband has been a person of interest since the start (BUT- not a suspect)
- there has been a full search of the x's home and the police did not say what they found.

This news has all been already publicized before.

GG)
gozgals

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:29 pm    Post subject: Home of ex-husband searched Reply with quote

http://abclocal.go.com/kfsn/story?section=local&id=4303985

Home Searched in Missing Woman InvestigationJune 24, 2006 - South Valley police and sheriffs deputies spent seven hours investigating the home of a missing mother's ex-husband Saturday.

Debbie Hawk has been missing for 13 days now, but investigators hadn't turned up any new evidence in about a week.
Throughout the day, several law enforcement officers were seen going in and out of Dave Hawk's home as well as using a search dog and ATVs. They have been looking for any sign of his ex-wife, Debbie Hawk, since June 13th.

While police conduct their investigation, her friends are continuing their own effort to find her.

Hanford police pulled up to Dave Hawk's home Saturday morning, bringing with them ATVs and a search dog. They declined to say why they were there or say what they were looking for, but Hawk has been called a person of interest in the disappearance of his ex-wife.

The 46-year-old mother of three vanished nearly two weeks ago, when her three children came home and found blood in her Hanford house. A few days later, her van was located in Southwest Fresno, also with blood inside.

While police spent their day at her ex-husband's home, Hawk's friends spent the morning passing out flyers, still hopeful she'll be found alive.

"My gut feeling? I don't have one. You can't. You have to have hope and faith and just keep doing whatever you can do to help her come back," said friend Eliza Carlson.

Carlson said she doesn't want to think Dave Hawk had anything to do with his ex-wife's disappearance, but she was surprised to hear police were at his home Saturday.

"My prayers are with Debbie's kids and you know, it's just ... you don't know. We'll let the police decide that," said Carlson.

Dave Hawk is the father of Debbie Hawk's three children. They are staying with him as the search continues.

Friday, the reward for information in the case was raised to $15,000.

Anyone with information about the whereabouts of Debbie Hawk is asked to call the tip line at 559-381-9853.
gozgals

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:40 pm    Post subject: Con't. searching homes Reply with quote

http://abclocal.go.com/kfsn/story?section=local&id=4308294

Police Search Homes in Missing Woman InvestigationJune 26, 2006 - There is new information about why police searched the Lemoore home of a man whose ex-wife is missing. 46-year-old Debbie Hawk hasn't been seen for two weeks.

Early Saturday morning, police spent hours going through her ex-husband's home.
Hanford police will not say what they found in Dave Hawk's home over the weekend, but they say it wasn't the first time his house had been search.

Hanford police say after seven hours of searching, they collected bags of evidence from Dave Hawk's Lemoore home.

Officers served a warrant on Saturday to search his 60-acre ranch.

"At approximately 7:00am, we served a search warrant at the residence of Dave Hawk. We were looking for any information that may lead us to the whereabouts of Debbie Hawk," said Lieutenant Darrell Smith, from the Hanford Police Department.

Hanford police say Hawk and others are persons of interest in the disappearance of his ex-wife.

Debbie Hawk vanished from her Hanford home two weeks ago. Police say when Hawk never showed up to pick up her three children, they came home and discovered their mother missing and blood inside.

A few days later, Hawk's minivan was found in southwest Fresno, also with blood in the backseat.

Police say Hawk's children are now staying with their father.

On Saturday, the 15, 14 and 10-year-olds were taken away as officers searched the house.

Police say they've searched less than a half a dozen other homes in the investigation. They say it was the second time they had searched Dave Hawk's house.

They say Hawk first gave officers permission to search his place without a warrant the night Debbie Hawk was reported missing. Police would not say what led to the second search of Hawk's home.

Action News could not reach Dave Hawk for comment, but police say he continues to be very cooperative in the investigation into Hawk's disappearance.
rd

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's cooperative because there's nothing at his house.

rd
gozgals

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:08 pm    Post subject: Comments Reply with quote

Rd: I know you well enough but I'm pretty sure you are being sarcastic but please correct me if I'm wrong? You are correct though, he may be cooperating due to the fact he has no evidence on his property.

The facts point toward the ex-husband even though the police are screaming, "Many persons of interest!" I'm still waiting for what the search has yielded. After all, this guy follows the pattern of many of our ex-husbands and boyfriends who kill their spouses or lovers that we see on the board.

The police had 60 acres to search of his property...A lot of evidence to collect it seems. Also, this guy could have, (if he is guilty) unfortunately, harmed his wife elsewhere. The blood was found in her home. The van was 40 miles away.

Stated also is the wife's so called "creepy boyfriend" and we know that he must also be a POI. I guess it is open at this point. And, wouldn't the ex-hubbie be a POI in the shooting of the attorney and they were set for a nasty custody battle?

I hope there is a happy ending to this case, but going by the facts it seems to follow the course of those we have witnessed before.

Good day, and hopes for the family
Goz
rd

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, no sarcasm here, goz. Why would this guy bring his wife to his property to hide her body? So, sure, search away, nothing here, he says.

Granted, the police are looking for other things, clues where he may have put her, hopefully something he may have overlooked. But there's no way he brought her back to his property.

rd
gozgals

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand now. At least we are on the same track, maybe that is where I lost some of the translation. Let us hope they find what they are looking for on the property so this is one case that doesn't become cold like so many of the other ones.

Still my main suspect.

Good evening.

Goz
gozgals

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 11:01 am    Post subject: X- Accused of stealing Children's Trust Fund Reply with quote

http://abclocal.go.com/kfsn/story?section=local&id=4316551

Husband Accused of Stealing from Children's Trust Fund

June 28, 2006 -
Police say it's part of their investigation into a missing South Valley mother. Now, we're learning more about the Debbie Hawk's relationship with her ex-husband.

Debbie Hawk disappeared more than two weeks ago. Police say her ex-husband, Dave Hawk, is not a suspect, but is considered a person of interest in the case, along with several other people.
Court records show Debbie Hawk was scheduled to go to court next month in Kings County for a custody hearing.

She was also about to publicly blame her ex-husband from taking money from their children's trust funds.

Police say it's just one of the many things they're looking into regarding her dissapearance.

In court records obtained by Action News, Debbie Hawk claims her ex-husband, Dave Hawk, was stealing from their childrens' trust funds.

In 2004, she said the accounts had over $51,000 in them. A year later, the funds dropped to $23,000. And in 2006, she claimed there's now just over $11,000 in them.

To this day, Dave Hawk has refused to provide those financial records to the court.

Police are now trying to access them to see if Debbie Hawk's allegations are true.

In a press conference Tuesday, police confirmed the trust fund is just one of many issues they are looking into regarding Debbie Hawk's dissapearance.

Police say blood found in Debbie Hawk's Hanford home and abandoned van show the 46-year-old mother of three was taken against her will.

On Saturday, police spent seven hours searching Dave Hawk's Lemoore home, but they say at this time he is not a suspect.

Investigators say allegations of him stealing money from his children's trust funds is concerning. They say if Hawk took the money, they do not know what he did with it.

Bank accounts show he had little or no income over the last four years.

Action News was not able to reach Mr. Hawk for comment. Police say so far, he has been very cooperative in the investigation.

In the meantime, the search continues for Debbie Hawk.

----------------------------

- Comment: Well, I think this article sheds much more light onto the x-husband!! Certainly stands out to me as a suspect. Wonder what he has been living off of for four years while out of work, possibly the Trust Fund Money? I'm sure his lawyer will be making his statements soon.

GG)
rd

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not possibly, assuredly. And as she's about to go public with it, she disappears. Sounds familiar.

rd

click to read the online true crime mystery novel Murder on a Horse Trail: The Disappearance of Chandra Levy

www.justiceforchandra.com home page
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: