www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Debbie Hawk Missing- 46, Fresno, CA
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gozgals

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.cbs47.tv/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=022386FF-0BCF-4A0E-9CDF-4D64840D9481

Police believe missing woman was murdered
Posted: 7/11/2006 7:08:36 PM

Video

Police are now treating the disappearance of a Hanford woman as a murder investigation.

Debbie Hawk was reported missing on June 13th after her children discovered blood inside her ransacked home.

Hanford police say blood from the crime scene and Hawk’s vehicle (later found in Fresno) belongs to Debbie Hawk.

That evidence leads police to believe Hawk was murdered.

CBS 47 broke the news to Hawk’s ex-husband.

Dave Hawk tells CBS 47, “I’m confused. Why are they calling it a murder without a body?”

Hawk did not shy away when asked about his guilt or innocence.

He responded by saying, “That’s an inappropriate question. The purpose should be finding Debbie… not focus on who’s guilty or innocent.”

Hanford police are planning another search for Hawk’s body on Friday.

GG)

Comments: Mr. Hawk states the, " why are we calling it a murder without a body?" hum, Guess because we did not find the body yet and it seems to be a trend to not have a body sir...........

Just might be all the evidence is pointing in that direction too! How 'bout you take that Lie Detector now?
rd

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so well said, goz!

rd
gozgals

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:47 pm    Post subject: Missing Woman's Ex-Husband Detained by Police Reply with quote

http://abclocal.go.com/kfsn/story?section=local&id=4373603

Missing Woman's Ex-Husband Detained by Police

July 17, 2006 -

There are new developments in the case of missing Hanford mother Debbie Hawk, who has been missing for more than a month. Her ex-husband, Dave Hawk, was handcuffed and detained by authorities in Lemoore during a search this morning.

It came after Hanford police served a search warrant at the home of Dave Hawk's parents on Monday. Dave Hawk is the ex-husband of missing Hanford mother Debbie Hawk.
Stanley and Laura Hawk live next door to their son, Dave Hawk. Police arrived at their home around 9:00am and expected to search the home for a couple of hours.

Dave Hawk is considered a person of interest in the case and police have searched his home before, but this was the first time police have searched his parent's home.

Action News will have more details tonight on Action News Live at Five.

GG)
gozgals

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 6:03 pm    Post subject: Dave Hawk Complains About LE Reply with quote

This is from the "B" on the 15, *Note article above from today. I guess Dave can now give LE his POLYGRAPH since he seems to state he has not been able due to LE! Hope they found what they needed to keep him locked up.

http://www.fresnobee.com/local/sv/story/12456130p-13175579c.html

Searchers blanket park for clues to Hawk's whereabouts
By Tim Bragg / The Fresno Bee

(Updated Saturday, July 15, 2006, 4:43 AM)

HANFORD — Police officials conducted their second large-scale search of rural northern Kings County for clues of Debbie Hawk, the missing Hanford woman whose case recently was declared a homicide.

About 100 searchers gathered at Burris Park early Friday morning for the search, which officials hoped would lead to clues or the body of the 46-year-old Hawk.

The Hanford mother of three has been missing for more than a month, and detectives reclassified her case from a missing person to homicide earlier this week.

Also on Friday, Hawk's ex-husband expressed his frustration with police, saying that he has offered to take a lie-detector test, but that Hanford police have shunned his overtures.

Dave Hawk also told The Bee he has an alibi for the time when his ex-wife was thought to have been killed.

Police believe Debbie Hawk was forcibly taken from her north Hanford home in the late night hours of June 12 or early June 13.

Hawk's children returned to the home from a custodial visit with their father to find the residence in disarray with blood inside.

Two days later, police found her van abandoned in a southwest Fresno neighborhood with a stolen license plate tacked on the back.

Investigators said tests on blood from the home and the van proved it was Hawk's.

Although police have said Dave Hawk is one of a handful of persons of interest in the case, no one has been named a suspect.

Dave Hawk said Friday that he told investigators that he wants to take a polygraph test to help clear him from suspicion, but police have not taken him up on the offer.

Hawk said police have not answered phone calls he has placed.

He said he is disheartened that investigators are ignoring him but have shown up unannounced at the homes of his friends and acquaintances to question them.

"I have a feeling they are playing games," he said.

Hawk said he has been cooperative with police "at every single" point in the investigation and that he talks to police without a lawyer present. He said he can account for the days leading up to his children's discovery that their mother was missing.

Hawk said his children were with him the entire time, for his regular custody time with them. Most of that time was spent at his home in rural Kings County east of Lemoore, he said.

Debbie Hawk's ex-husband said police haven't returned numerous items they seized during a search warrant served at his home several weeks ago.

When told that police were conducting another big search Friday and that crime scene experts were again at Debbie Hawk's home Friday, Dave Hawk questioned why such searches hadn't been done earlier in the investigation.

Efforts to reach police about Hawk's comments late Friday were not successful.

Earlier, Hanford Police Chief Carlos Mestas said Friday's search was narrower in focus than the previous search organized from Hickey Park last week.

The search Friday was covering areas between Highway 99 and Highway 43, especially focusing on waterways.

Searchers on foot, horseback, all-terrain vehicles and watercraft were deployed in teams through the area. The crews didn't find anything significant as of Friday afternoon.

Mestas said the area for Friday's searched was determined partly because it was the next logical area to look, and partly because of tips the department received.

Some search teams were dispatched to areas previously searched to check on some tips centered there, Mestas said.

Most searchers were volunteers from Kings County and surrounding areas, including personnel from Lemoore Naval Air Station.

Mestas said Hanford officials have been hesitant to include large numbers of civilian volunteers in the search because of the need to preserve any evidence found.

But he said civilian volunteers are not being turned away.

"We want people to be very careful. We don't want to disturb any evidence," Mestas said.

Searchers were advised Friday to look for areas that could be a shallow grave and to look for women's clothing.

He said local farmers and farmworkers were being encouraged to report any signs of unusual activity.

Authorities were continuing to focus on possible routes that Hawk's van could have taken between Hanford and Fresno, based on damage to the vehicle's undercarriage.

Mestas said the Police Department still has a handful of persons of interest in the case, including Debbie Hawk's ex-husband.

But no one has been named a suspect in the case.

On Thursday, family and friends of Hawk handed out purple ribbons and announced the creation of a fund to assist in search efforts and to help set up a college fund for Hawk's three children.

Mestas said a third search could take place next week.

GG)
gozgals

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:27 am    Post subject: Dave feels "threatened!" Reply with quote

http://abclocal.go.com/kfsn/story?section=local&id=4380543

Missing Woman's Ex-Husband Says FBI Threatened Him

July 19, 2006 - The ex-husband of a missing Hanford woman claims the FBI tried to get him to confess to her killing.

Dave Hawk is the ex-husband of missing Hanford woman Debbie Hawk. He was briefly put in handcuffs when his home was searched this week.
The FBI went back to his home on Wednesday, asking for an interview. He refused, because he claims an FBI agent threatened him during a recent interview.

Hawk said the FBI agent said, "If you don't confess right now, I'm going to make sure you end up on death row."

Hawk also says the agent told him, "I don't need a body or evidence. All I need is a motive, and with an ex-husband, that's easy."

Police won't comment on the interrogation, but say they have several new leads in the case, although they won't say what those new leads are.

A third massive ground search has been pushed back to next week.

GG) Comment: I think that is very harsh what the FBI said to Mr. Hawk, yea sure. What a terrible threat!!!!!
gozgals

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:30 am    Post subject: Ground Search Delayed Reply with quote

http://abclocal.go.com/kfsn/story?section=local&id=4380544

Ground Search Delayed for Missing Woman

July 19, 2006 - There are new developments in the search for Debbie Hawk.

The Hanford Police Department is postponing the ground search they had planned for later this week.

Lt. Darrell Smith says the department is working on several new leads, but would say what those new leads were.

The ground search has been pushed back to next week.
gozgals

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:39 am    Post subject: Strained Relationship Between Dave Hawk and Police Reply with quote

http://abclocal.go.com/kfsn/story?section=local&id=4385919

Strained Relationship Between Dave Hawk and Police

July 20, 2006 - Police called him a person of interest, but said he was cooperating. Then, he was handcuffed. Now, Dave Hawk says authorities threatened him.

They're all developments in the investigation of Debbie Hawk's disappearance, where the Hanford mother has now been missing for five weeks.

It seems the relationship between Hanford police and Dave Hawk is becoming more strained and he continues to claim that police have threatened his life.

Police say his cooperation in the case of missing woman Debbie Hawk is slowly diminishing.

It was the image of Hanford police handcuffing Dave Hawk in front of his Lemoore home on Monday that has him so upset.

Police say they were detaining him while they searched his house, but he says they did it for the cameras.

Rocky Pipkin, from the Pipkin Detective Agency, says all the back and forth between police and Hawk is a good indication that they're relationship is strained, "This posturing in front of the media will have some effect on the surface, but like I mentioned, law enforcement is working overtime on this and when you bring in the FBI, IRS ... they're treating this as a very serious matter and they're going to get to the bottom of it."

Pipkin says investigators are trained to use different types of interrogation tactics, but something like that is rare.

"I have not experienced any interrogation where you know there have been threats, you know like in the movies with the bright lights and the rubber hoses and all that stuff," said Pipkin.

Hanford police will not comment on the interrogation. They say Hawk was invited to their police station that day to take a polygraph test, but he refused for the second time.

When Action News asked Dave Hawk on Thursday if he was interested in ever taking a polygraph, he replied, "I know I didn't do it. I don't need to take a polygraph test."

Pipkin says the test may be just what Hawk needs to get police off his back, "If he was fully cooperating with and throwing his hands up, so to speak, and saying I'll do a polygraph, whatever you want me to do. If he was concerned about the polygraph being accurate, he could consult with an attorney."

Friday, police will officially announce the reward money to find Debbie Hawk will be going up from $15,000 to $25,000.

The Hawk's are also planning to pass out more flyers in Hanford on Friday.

GG) Comments: Mr. Hawk could show some cooperation by taking the polygraph test and not being so worried about if IT IS ACCURATE! If he has nothing to hide----well, I guess it just wouldn't matter if he took the test..........A little scare showed his true colors, IMO.

Quote:
When Action News asked Dave Hawk on Thursday if he was interested in ever taking a polygraph, he replied, "I know I didn't do it. I don't need to take a polygraph test."
rd

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's not as slick as Condit or Peterson.

rd
gozgals

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are correct RD! It is hard to master that kind of slickness.......

Quote:
He's not as slick as Condit or Peterson.

rd

Hawk seems to be crumbling quick under the fire.

Next link

http://abclocal.go.com/kfsn/story?section=local&id=4389237

Ex-Husband of Missing Hanford Woman Speaks

July 21, 2006 -
The ex-husband of a missing South Valley mother has new criticism for Hanford police. He's talking about his strained relationship with police and why he doesn't believe his ex-wife, Debbie Hawk, will ever be found.

Hanford police say they are in the process of organizing an extensive search of a slough north of Lemoore. They say they've received several tips that Debbie Hawk may be found in that very dense terrain.
Dave Hawk told Action News on Friday that police will likely never find his ex-wife.

Standing outside his Lemoore home Friday, Dave Hawk once again denied having any involvement in the disappearance of his ex-wife, Debbie Hawk.

Police say he is still a person of interest in the case. On Thursday night, officers served a third search warrant at his house.

Dave Hawk says police walked away with his hairbrush and comb as he sat handcuffed for two hours, "They're a bunch of heavy handed goons and the things that they've done to me is bad enough, my children ... that's not forgivable."

For the past week, Hawk has been publicly expressing his anger over the Hanford Police Department. From calling them "the gestapo" to what he calls their "terrorist tactics," Hawk says police are ready to frame him for this crime.

Police say Hawk's cooperation in the case is slowly diminishing.

"The ex-husband's the first guy on the list, that's automatic. But I don't think they've bothered to look at anybody else on the list," said Hawk.

One thing Hawk will not talk about is the legal problems between him and Debbie. He says they had an amicable divorce five years ago.

Court records show both were currently battling over custody and financial issues over their three children.

"Those are private issues, and that's no one's business. It really is no one's business, so I'm not going to talk about them on air," said Hawk.

Dave Hawk says if police want to speak to him again, they will have to do it with a court order.

He says he is confident they will back to search his place again.

When asked if he though police would ever find his ex-wife, he replied, "Nope. They're inept, they've failed now. It's a witch-hunt. Part that bothers me is they don't know where to go, so they're going to pick at a guy and they're going to paint him bad, just to save their own jobs."

Hanford police say Dave Hawk is just one of a handful of persons of interest in this case. Police say they are right now focusing on several new developments.

In fact, they say an anonymous donor raised the reward money to find Debbie Hawk from $25,000 to $30,000.

Quote:
For the past week, Hawk has been publicly expressing his anger over the Hanford Police Department. From calling them "the gestapo" to what he calls their "terrorist tactics," Hawk says police are ready to frame him for this crime.

Comments: I'm sure instead of looking for Debbie, the Police are busy planting evidence, and setting Dave up to go down for the crime. Please..At this point, after three searches, LE must have more on Hawk and are just holding back on an arrest and still gathering evidence for their case. I could be wrong, but....
rd

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're waiting to find Debbie's body, which is a real problem. That's why these men make their ex's or want to be ex's disappear.

rd
gozgals

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 6:31 pm    Post subject: website for Debbie Hawk Reply with quote

http://debbiehawk.com/

NOTE from site:

We will be updating this site daily. We will post upcoming searches and places where volunteers can help pass out fliers.

GG)
gozgals

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:42 am    Post subject: Another POI in the case (along with Mr. Hawk) Reply with quote

http://abclocal.go.com/kfsn/story?section=local&id=4426413

Suspect in Officer Shooting Tied to Debbie Hawk Case

Auguet 2, 2006 - Fresno police are looking for the man that pulled the trigger in the attempted murder of a Fresno police officer. He is also a person of interest in a South Valley homicide investigation.

Doctors say Officer Brian Nieto has made progress but is still in critical condition after being shot several times. His condition is improving slightly, and stabilizing. Although he is heavily sedated, he can move body parts when asked.

"Today, a third surgery is being scheduled. We anticipate that surgery will be occurring late this afternoon or evening. And in talking with the medical personal, it is simply a precautionary surgery for the purpose of doing further exploration," said Fresno Police Chief Dyer on Wednesday.

In the meantime, the manhunt intensifies for the primary suspect. Joaquin Figueroa was considered a person of interest — now police are saying he shot Officer Nieto.

Figueroa is not only wanted in the shooting of Officer Nieto, but Hanford police say he is a person of interest in the disappearance of South Valley mother Debbie Hawk.

"I don't know how it could be connected with a shooting in Fresno," Hanford resident John Hemby said.

Hanford police confirm Figueroa was already a person of interest in the Hawk case, when Fresno police say he shot Officer Nieto on Monday.

Until now, Hawk's ex-husband, Dave Hawk, was the only person of interest Hanford police would identify by name.

When asked about Joaquin Figueroa, Hawk said, "I've never heard of that person's name. I don't know what direction the investigation is going."

Some of Debbie Hawk's friends call the latest twist bizarre.

One thing police are not saying, is just how Figueroa came to be a person of interest in the Hawk case. A Hanford police lieutenant said they don't want to jeopardize their investigation or the on going one in Fresno.

Since the shooting Monday night, Fresno police have caught up with many of Figueroa's friends, who are now in jail on various charges.

"These individuals that have been arrested are either gang members, individuals on parole, people of possession of guns, drugs, as well as stolen property," said Chief Dyer.

Fresno police are saturating the streets with officers. 200 Fresno officers are on the case 24 hours a day, along with the FBI, Fresno County Sheriff's Department, Clovis Police Department and several other agencies.

"We have information that leads us to believe that he is still within Fresno County. And we are focusing our investigation on those areas, however, we are not excluding the fact that he could have left Fresno," Chief Dyer said.

Figueroa is 5' 5" tall, 178 pounds, with brown eyes and is a Hispanic man. He has at least two tattoos, one is of a Raider's shield and the other says Figueroa. Police say he is considered armed and dangerous.

The police chief says tip are continuing to pour in from the public and the reward for his arrest has reached $50,000.

Comments: I wonder what the connection is?
rd

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, I think they don't want to be accused later of focusing exclusively on Hawk while murderers roam the streets.

I think by definition someone who is a murderer, only by the grace of God is this officer surviving the attempted murder, has to be a suspect in an ongoing murder investigation.

And I think that's the only connection.

rd
peripeteia

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my best guess or perhaps worse guess is that the suspect is a gun for hire, and that the person who did the hiring was her husband...

I'm guessing fingerprints were found in the vehicle of Hawk or some connection between the victim and the suspected perp were found and the police officer went to question this guy. Odd this perp did not make sure that the officer was dead, so as not to ID him, strange, well we are about to learn the details I'm sure
gozgals

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peri

I think Figueroa may have been a gun for hire too by Hawk or somehow involved with Hawk leading to the death of Debbie. Figueroa was gunned down by LE as of late, so unless one of his relations or gang members speaks, it may be hard to tie him to the crime.

I still feel strongly Hawk is the central, prime suspect and will eventually be caught. As to where her body is, I hope it does not turn out like many of our cases here and it is never discovered.

Goz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: