www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

new chandra website
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blondie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:24 pm    Post subject: new chandra website Reply with quote

There is a new website for Chandra www.whokilledchandra.com

Also the Levys will be on MSNBC tonight with Rita Cosby - I think at 10:00pm est.
rd

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent. Thanks for the info, blondie. Putting up their website is good timing just before May 1. And hopefully we'll be able to get Rita's transcript of her interview with them.

rd
benn

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info blondie, and thanks for the password rd that got me back on here. I have cable tv now so maybe I will be able to watch some of what they put on about Chandra.

I have not looked at the new website yet.

benn
gozgals

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 3:26 pm    Post subject: From Rita's Website Reply with quote

Thanks for the information Blondie

RD-- Maybe you can get this link to work and post the picture. I found this on the search. My computer is not picking up the story or the video.

I will post what I'm getting and the link - you can see if you can follow through on the whole story/pic./video.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8828200/

Video: Chandra Levy murder mystery
April 27:
Sunday, April 30th marks the five year anniversary of Chandra Levy's disappearance. Her murder remains a mystery. • FULL STORY

Goz
fallout

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the transcript from the Rita Cosby interview;

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12531728/

COSBY: Well, this Sunday marks the five-year anniversary of Chandra Levy‘s disappearance. In 2001 the story of the missing Washington, D.C. intern captivated the nation for four months before the tragic events of September 11. Today, Chandra‘s murder still remains a mystery.

(BEGIN VIDEOTAPE)

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: We need to get my daughter home alive. Someone knows the truth.

COSBY (voice-over): Chandra Levy‘s disappearance dominated headlines and became known as one of the most notorious missing person cases ever.

Police say that Chandra Ann Levy was last seen on April 30.

Chandra Levy, a Washington intern has now been missing for 19 day.

Today marks four weeks since Chandra Levy, the young woman working as an intern in Washington, D.C., was last seen.

COSBY: The 24-year-old student from California had just finished an internship in Washington, D.C., when she mysteriously vanished on May 1, 2001.

The case became a national obsession, when rumors surfaced of an affair between Chandra and then California Congressman Gary Condit. Soon, their relationship took center stage. Chandra‘s parents, bombarded by the press and questions about their daughter‘s personal life, had only one message.

SUSAN LEVY, MOTHER OF CHANDRA LEVY: If anybody is out there hearing this that may have my daughter, open your heart and your mind and bring her home.

COSBY: While search efforts continued, investigators searched Condit‘s apartment and asked him to provide a DNA sample. His relationship with the intern made him the prime unofficial suspect.

Condit, a married man with children, admitted to having an affair with the intern, according to police sources, but he denied any involvement with her disappearance. The Levys didn‘t buy it.

S. LEVY: Mr. Condit has not been very truthful to me.

COSBY: More than a year after her disappearance, a sad discovery. A man walking his dog finds a human skull and bones in a heavily wooded section of a park near Chandra‘s apartment.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: The remains found earlier today are in fact Chandra Levy.

COSBY: Chandra‘s death was ruled a homicide. And now, almost five years to the day, no suspects have been named. The case of Chandra Levy still unsolved.

(END VIDEOTAPE)

COSBY: And we repeatedly reached out to former Congressman Gary Condit for comment, but he did not return our calls. He currently resides with his family in Arizona.

Now, we want to point out that, according to the public affairs officer, Condit was cleared by police years ago. But police also tell us that the investigation into Chandra‘s murder does still remain open.

And joining me now are Chandra‘s parents, Robert and Susan Levy.

We want to thank you, first of all, for being with us tonight.

You and I have talked over the years. And I continue to keep you both in our prayers.

How—how do you find the strength to keep going?

S. LEVY: It‘s very difficult, very, very hard.

COSBY: You know, Susan, as you look at it now, here it is five years later, how tough is it as time goes by?

S. LEVY: It never gets easy. When you don‘t have a child that you love very much is not there, it‘s never easy. You take one foot in front of the other, and you try to walk forward, looking for answers.

And may I tell you that we are, as of tonight, opening up a Web site. It‘s www.WhoKilledChandra.com. And it will be both in English and in—also in Spanish. And the purpose is to have people call in, anonymously, through their e-mails, and to be able to report anything that might help lead for a conviction and arrest of my daughter‘s killer.

COSBY: You know, Bob, as Susan was just saying, is that the hardest part for you? Here it is, five years later.

I remember the case so well, and—and, you know, we see these beautiful pictures of your daughter, too. Is that the hardest part, not having an answer as to who did this horrible act?

ROBERT LEVY, FATHER OF CHANDRA LEVY: Well, it‘s just hard in general. And, even if we found the person, it wouldn‘t bring her back. But at least justice would be done in this world.

COSBY: You know, we talked to Fran Iseman, the godmom. And I want to put up a quote.

She said: “I wish that the Levys can heal from this, that they can feel sunlight on their faces and have smiles on their faces again.” It‘s a beautiful quote. “I hope that Chandra will have justice some day.”

Bob, do you believe that this will be solved at some point, that you will have finality?

R. LEVY: Well, don‘t really know that. You know, it‘s been five years. And it‘s a cold case. So, it might not be solved, but we have to live on anyway.

And then we live with the hope that we will see Chandra after we cross over.

COSBY: And I‘m sure you—you pray about her and think about her every day.

You know, Susan, as we are looking at some pictures, and this is some videotape of her, tell us what she was like and why she was so special. It seemed like you had such a wonderful relationship, Susan.

S. LEVY: Thank you.

She was my daughter. I carried her and, you know, breast-fed her.

(LAUGHTER)

S. LEVY: And—and I spent many, many years and hours being with her and nurturing and just doing a lot of wonderful things. And a family is meant to be together.

And it—it‘s something that you—your memories and treasures are there, but, unfortunately, the future isn‘t there anymore.

And I have been very blessed to have those moments with—with my daughter, and, you know, also my whole family. But it‘s—it‘s—I have been robbed. It‘s a terrible feeling to have a child taken from you.

COSBY: You know, as you watch also the other coverage, too, unfortunately, Susan, you know, the Natalee Holloway case...

R. LEVY: Ah, yes.

COSBY: You know, Bob, what—what advice do you have for Natalee‘s mom?

R. LEVY: Just have to keep going and try to live the regular life that you have, because she wants you to. And still search for her and search for what happened to her.

And, hopefully, if she has crossed over, you will get some messages from her. And, hopefully, they will find the culprit who did it.

COSBY: You know, Susan, what would you like to say to Natalee‘s mom, as she‘s sitting there, you know, praying for some answers and some resolution?

S. LEVY: We all need to join forces, all of us, and walk one foot and step in front of the other, but to unite.

And I—my heart goes out to her. I know what—the agony of not knowing. And there are many of us out there. I think that we need to unite and ask for answers from anyone who can help solve any of our cases. Someone has to be courageous enough to step forward and help solve our unfortunate circumstances.

And, so, I‘m asking for victims of families, such as Natalee and others and myself, to wear a purple ribbon, and to wear it all year, along with having it on their cars and in their homes, outside their homes, so that people will recognize that—how bad the situation is across through the United States.

COSBY: You bet.

You know, and, as here it is five years, the anniversary, I can‘t believe how much time has gone by. Both of you, if there is someone out who has a clue, there‘s got to be somebody who knows something. If somebody is watching tonight, what do you want to say, and also to whoever is responsible, Susan?

S. LEVY: Please, again...

R. LEVY: Well, whoever is responsible, we would like them to—to do the right thing and pay their penalty here on this—on this side of life.

S. LEVY: They need to be courageous and stand up.

R. LEVY: They need to be—they need to come forward.

And that would help us. You know, it won‘t bring—it won‘t bring what they call closure. We don‘t use that word. Most—most victims‘ families don‘t like that word, or the families of the servicemen killed in Iraq and Afghanistan, and people who have lost children to drunk drivers and to murder and to even disease. It‘s...

S. LEVY: Excuse me.

But I again interject that anyone knows anything, any information, to contact the www.WhoKilledChandra.com. It just takes one person that might be able to help solve and find the killer. As it is, that particular individual could be out and hurting other people.

COSBY: You bet.

And, both of you, so you know, we are putting that up on the screen.

And, anybody at home, please call. Please, also, make sure you get on to that Web site, put any information you have on to that Web site. And let‘s pray that this family, this beautiful family, gets some answers.

Bob and Susan, thank you so much.

And, everybody, we are going to be right back.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK
jane

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, James - that's a real feat - getting a Fox transcript! Never have managed that, myself (except one that a sweet poster from another board had typed herself).

Interesting about the purple ribbon idea - to draw attention to unsolved murders and disappearances.
rd

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks, James. Much appreciated. jane, Rita Cosby is on MSNBC now. Thanks to her and MSNBC for the coverage.

rd
jane

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh - that explains it!
fallout

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did anyone see Brad Garrett on Greta's show this evening?

He had the 'cat who ate the canary' look tonight. When Greta asked him if it was his dogged determination to solve the case that made him confident in a solution or some new evidence he said (to paraphrase) -A little of both. Greta pressed him on this asking which bore more weight and he responded, "That's right down the middle".

When I watched the THS Investigates show on the Capitol Murders there was a sequence in which three law officers were walking into a building presumably to question Condit. I was curious about the man in front of the group. The taller man with the ponytail I think was Ralph Durant and the older man behind was his partner Kennedy but I didn't know who the man in the front with the sunglasses was. Now I see that it was Garrett.

Greta asked Garrett if there had been any forensic evidence found with the remains and he said, without hesitation, 'no'. This contradicts the information on Al Martin's website about evidence that a CIA operative left his mark at the scene.

Thanks for the clicks to the two articles above.

Maybe the Levy's website will serve up some clues that will lead to the answers. They deserve answers and soon!

James
fallout

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RD!

By the way.. Garrett used the following expression during the interview:

blah blah blah...."this murder on a horseshoe trail" !!!!

Hmmm....Somebody's been paying attention here.

Cheers,

James
gozgals

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 10:35 am    Post subject: Comments Reply with quote

James I saw the interview on Greta but could not locate her transcripts.

Personally, I thought Garrett had a snotty attitude. You seemed to sum up better what I was going to post. Also, he seemed to be evasive in his answers. I found him to not want to be to direct when asked questions. You hit the bullseye when you repeated the statement about
" That's right down the middle!"

I will repeat your quote:

Quote:
blah blah blah...."this murder on a horseshoe trail" !!!!

Very early this morning I saw a snip on Chandra's case on Fox. They did mention the investigation and how Gary had a relationship with her. It was a small segment just noting the 5 year time period and a few facts.

Blondie thanks for the informative articles.

Goz
rd

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did he really say "horseshoe" trail, or is that a typo or misunderstanding? Horseshoe trail is an odd phrase.

I really hope Garrett went right down the line on the questions in Murder on a Horse Trail and answered them or found out why anyone besides Condit would refuse to answer them.

I think they can all be answered by other than Condit. Have they? There's nothing to be arrogant about until they have.

rd
fallout

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, RD,

He used the expression "horseshoe trail"...Maybe he's been hanging out with Bush and "mis-remembered" your book's title!

Here's a strange thought...Remember Rita Cosby's blind item about the "Maryland lobbyist" who threw lavish parties etc.?? I found an article mentioning that Jack Abramoff lives in Silver Spring, Maryland. Although he's primarily known for his dealings with the Indian tribes he was associated with a guy named Brent Wilkes who has just been linked to Dusty Foggo at the CIA who was Porter Goss's longtime friend and probably the reason he just resigned as CIA chief.

The two lobbyists mentioned, Abramoff and Wilkes, are on trial for their bribes to Duke Cunningham who along with Foggo and possibly Goss attended what has been described as "hookers and poker nights" at the Watergate sponsored by Wilkes.

Take a look at anything Ken Silverstein is writing about this scandal on the Harper's magazine website.
benn

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has been five years since Chandra disappeared and was later found dead A woman is dead, but another woman, Jennifer Thomas, can not even be questioned by the FBI Evidently the FBI could not even find Jennifer Thomas.

If people can be murdered and possible witnesses can not be questioned then we do not have much of a law enforcement system. Otis Thomas knows that there was a murder but still he seems to have chosen to not tell anyone the details of what he knew, or did not know.

Anyone can say that they told the truth, or that they lied, but it is the small facts of what occurred, or did not occur, that back up the truth of a statement.

Why did Otis Thomas make up the story that he is supposed to have made up? Where are the bits and pieces that show whether he lied, or did not lie? This would all tie in with the statement that Chandra made to her mother just before she disappeared--that "he explained it all."

Why do we never see the phrase, "he explained it all" in the Chandra Levy's timeline?

benn
fallout

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look who turns up as Abramoff's lawyer !

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7446492/site/newsweek/

"Abramoff has at times hinted he wanted to bargain—possibly by naming members who sought campaign cash for legislative favors, says a source familiar with the probe. But Abramoff's lawyer, Abbe Lowell, says, "There have been no negotiations with the Justice Department." "

Abbe Lowell! who predicted the recovery of Chandra's remains in the early months of 2002.

Interesting.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: