www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Going Back to the Time/Scene of the Crime of the Century
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rd

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

from www.nbc4.com (fair use)

FBI Agent Returns To Scene Of Chandra Levy's Death
Investigator Discusses 'Spooky' Case
NBC4
April 28, 2006

WASHINGTON -- Five years after Chandra Levy disappeared, News4's Pat Collins went back to the murder scene with the FBI agent working the unsolved case.

FBI special agent Brad Garrett has a reputation of solving the unsolvable. He shared his thoughts about Levy's death. He was at the scene the day Levy's remains were found in Rock Creek Park and he has returned to the scene many times since.

"You know what's spooky about this location is that if you look down the hill, you can see a house, a road with traffic. And if you were here and you were injured in such a way that you couldn't move, you're actually watching people go by and you can't call out to them to come help you because they're too far away," Garrett said. "That whole thought is just very eerie and spooky to me, that if, in fact, you were awake but immobile that would be how your life would end."

No one knows what drew Levy to the park, and no one knows the exact cause of her death.

"The attack began right on this trail," Garrett told Collins in the park. "The reason I believe that is because of items we found a short distance off the trail would suggest to me and other investigators that she was attacked on the trail. She then tumbled down the hill."

Garrett said it's logical to conclude she was probably sexually assaulted.

"Her leotards were found turned wrong-side out, and they were knotted on the end," he said.

Garrett said that would be done to bind her.

"In what form that was done, we don't know," he said. "But somebody restrained her here."

He said her attacker could have been either a stranger or someone she knew.

Garrett said he is confident the case will be solved and that he has possible suspects in mind, but it will take time and patience.

Copyright 2006 by nbc4.com
rd

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I disagree with all of Garrett's characterizations in this article and the DC police statement in the other article that they cleared Condit years ago.

The path off the horse trail and the hillside it's on is very steep, and it doesn't take much to start sliding downhill. But it is also heavily wooded, and you don't slide far unassisted.

She was so far down the hillside it was a journey, and even then she wasn't on a plateau of some sort but in a washout on the steep incline below a tree.

Her sunglasses were found in bushes off the path, but details of their exact location compared to where she was found and the picnic area I believe raise more questions than suggest she was attacked on the horse trail.

It looks to me like they were taken on across the hillside aways and tossed to suggest that Chandra was coming back towards the picnic area from Grant Road.

In other words, to throw off investigators that she was brought to the picnic area by car and dragged downhill and hidden, by someone who knew her.

rd
fallout

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RD, re: the blurb from the url quoting Brad Garrett noted above:

"You know what's spooky about this location is that if you look down the hill, you can see a house, a road with traffic. And if you were here and you were injured in such a way that you couldn't move, you're actually watching people go by and you can't call out to them to come help you because they're too far away," Garrett said. "That whole thought is just very eerie and spooky to me, that if, in fact, you were awake but immobile that would be how your life would end."

No one knows what drew Levy to the park, and no one knows the exact cause of her death.

"The attack began right on this trail," Garrett told Collins in the park. "The reason I believe that is because of items we found a short distance off the trail would suggest to me and other investigators that she was attacked on the trail. She then tumbled down the hill."

Garrett said it's logical to conclude she was probably sexually assaulted.

"Her leotards were found turned wrong-side out, and they were knotted on the end," he said.

Garrett said that would be done to bind her.

"In what form that was done, we don't know," he said. "But somebody restrained her here."

He said her attacker could have been either a stranger or someone she knew.

Garrett said he is confident the case will be solved and that he has possible suspects in mind, but it will take time and patience."

I know that Garrett is a profiler and I appreciate the 'method' he uses to come up with this scenario. I just wonder if Mr. Garrett is restrained by any influential factors? My theory is that it would be better, in a cold case, to begin to share more details with the public instead of holding things back. You only need a few hidden details to separate the wheat from the chaff. Share some of what you know and you'll be surprised at what we can do with it Mr. Garrett.
And I am endlessly curious about the location of the USC sweatshirt/t-shirt. RD-you've seen the location. There's no way during the Summer of Chandra that a USC shirt would have gone un-noticed hanging on a branch in this location. My estimate of 10 people an hour passing the site is probably good for most of the year. Absolutely, Chandra was not killed in the park and her body was not there for one year.

But if she was put into the park after Condit's lawyer proclaimed the body would be found soon then what does that tell us? Not necessarily that Condit did it. But that the lawyer was being advised by someone who knows who did it.

Cheers and goodnight,
James
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: