www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sharon Rocha's Fight for Justice- Dateline Interview -Sunday

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gozgals

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 8:16 am    Post subject: Sharon Rocha's Fight for Justice- Dateline Interview -Sunday Reply with quote

"Dateline NBC" Jan. 8, Sunday

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10693408/#060103a

A mother’s trial (Tim Uehlinger, Senior National producer Dateline NBC)

The wind was all that Sharon Rocha could hear, and the water was all she could see. But standing by the San Francisco bay one day in March 2003, Laci Peterson’s mother says she felt a presence. She knew Laci and Conner were out there, somewhere.

It was a month before Laci and Conner’s bodies washed ashore. There, Sharon says, after months of anguish, she had a rare comforting moment.

On Sunday’s Dateline, for the first time since Scott Peterson was sentenced to death, Sharon Rocha speaks out in a Katie Couric exclusive.

In her new book, “For Laci,” she details how the love of family, friends, and community helped her survive her ordeal. She writes about how much was lost when her daughter was taken. “You wake up from most nightmares and they’re over,” she writes. “Mine was different.”

Sharon Rocha’s nightmare began on Christmas 2002 and it hasn’t ended. That night, her 27-year-old daughter Laci Peterson, eight months pregnant, was reported missing by Scott Peterson, Laci’s husband.

David Paul Morris / Getty Images
Ron Grantski (L) and Sharon Rocha (R) arrive at the San Mateo County Court House for the double murder trial of Scott Peterson June 8, 2004 in Redwood City, California.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Family, friends, and the Modesto California police began a weeks-long search in the glare of national publicity. Police had early and deep suspicions about Scott Peterson, but Sharon didn’t know that till later. She publicly stood by her son-in-law, as she told Dateline in an interview two weeks after Laci was first reported missing. But by that time, Sharon says that she too, began to have doubts she just couldn’t shake.

Among the things that Katie will ask Sharon in this exclusive interview:

About the list Sharon wrote one night with a friend, when she first started doubting Scott — almost like a pros and cons list of why she should or shouldn’t suspect her daughter’s husband
How and why she met face-to-face with Peterson’s mistress, Amber Frey, twice

About her conversations with Scott during the investigation and the phone messages she left him. In one taped phone message, she reportedly pleaded with Peterson to give the police information about what he did with Laci and her unborn child. But other times she wasn’t pleading, going from utter grief to utter rage. She point-blank accused Peterson of murder.

About her thoughts of getting a confession out of Scott Peterson. In her book, she says she daydreamed about torturing or drugging him to get the truth.

Con't. on Link

GG)
rd

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw Sharon Rocha on Nancy Grace last night. Our discussion of Laci's disappearance in Background information on Laci Peterson was the basis for the Woman Missing chapter in Murder on a Horse Trail.

In that discussion, we talked about what appeared to me to be a much slower to start and more limited search for Laci in San Francisco Bay than should have been done. And we asked why they had given up on finding the rest of her body, her head and arms and the blocks she was weighted down with.

I found out from the show that Laci's mom is using the proceeds from her book For Laci to help fund a volunteer group to continue the search and other searches. That is truly sad to hear that they and other volunteers like Texas Equusearch have literally run out of money searching for missing women.

I would think it'd be a good research project for a high tech company in San Francisco to advance the state of searching for bodies underwater. And find Laci in the process.

rd
jane

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi rd - I saw Sharon on Nancy Grace, also (as well as her interview with Katie Couric several days ago). Sharon is a wonderful person; I'm in awe of how gracious her behaviour has been during the course of her terrible ordeal. Amazing. She is a marvelous example to other women.

I'm sure her book will be a good read - let's hope the proceeds from it do a lot of good.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: