www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Angela Drake- last seen: 12/09/05
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gozgals

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 4:00 pm    Post subject: Angela Drake- last seen: 12/09/05 Reply with quote

This was sent to me from a J.O. a friend of mine to post. Also, a note from the stepdad.

Here is the information and the articles I gathered, and the notes:

Angela Drake

Madison WI

* reported (I think) on the 13 as reports started being printed*

Ht & Wt: 5 feet, 4 inches

Hair/Eyes: blond hair and green eyes

Last seen leaving a bar with a man named "Oliver"

(608)- 835-3111

With thanks, J.O.

GG)

see more information.

Last edited by gozgals on Fri Dec 16, 2005 4:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
gozgals

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 4:08 pm    Post subject: Stepfather's note: (from J.O.- to Gozgals mail) Reply with quote

With much thanks for your help J.O.*

Please circulate this for Tim. Tim is an officer with the Oregon FD and City of Madison FD.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, December 12, 2005 1:59 PM
To:
Subject: Missing Step Daughter

Hi Everyone,

I can't believe that I have to do this, but I have attached a picture of Angie and am asking you to forward it (and this message) to as many people as you know to keep an eye out for her. She has been missing and last seen Thursday night leaving the Dry Bean with a person by the name of Oliver and three others. PLEASE if you know an Oliver that is approx 20-25 yrs old, white good looking male, have him get in touch with someone. He is not being implicated, just that he is the last person that Angie was seen with. Her car was left @ the Dry Bean and her cell phone was either turned off or dead since early Friday AM. She hasn't had contact with ANYONE. This is all totally NOT Angie's behavior, as she is ALWAYS calling someone, making plans, etc......This is supposed to hit the media tonight on the news (at least I am hoping so) and we are praying that everything is OK. Thanks much.

Tim & Anne Olson

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: Rd I will mail this to you so you can download the photo please.

Blessings and prayers to your family Tim and Anne, with hopes for a safe return of Angela.

GG) and this forum.
gozgals

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 4:15 pm    Post subject: Police Seek Help Article Reply with quote

http://www.channel3000.com/news/5520519/detail.html

Police Seek Help Finding Missing Woman
Woman Vanished On Friday

UPDATED: 11:53 am CST December 13, 2005

MADISON, Wis. -- Oregon police are asking for the public's help in locating a woman who hasn't been seen or heard from since last week.

Authorities said that they are hoping someone has seen Angela Drake, 25, since she was last seen leaving the Dry Bean Saloon in Fitchburg at 1:30 a.m., on Friday. She allegedly left with a man that she met that night who went by the name of Oliver, WISC-TV reported.

Police have obtained surveillance video that was taken that night.

Drake's car was left at the Dry Bean, and she hasn't been to work or contacted family members since, WISC-TV reported.

"Oliver" is described as being 5 feet 11 inches tall and weighing 145 pounds with blondish-brown hair worn in a spiked style and is clean shaven.

Angela is 5 feet 4 inches tall and weighs about 117 pounds. She has blond hair and green eyes.

Anyone with information about either person can contact Oregon police at (608) 835-3111

GG)
gozgals

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.madison.com/captimes/news/index.php?ntid=64958&ntpid=7

Police continue to seek woman
Last seen at Dry Bean Saloon
By Steven Elbow
December 13, 2005

Angela Drake, 25, last seen leaving the Dry Bean Saloon in Fitchburg Friday. (Submitted photo)

Police today continued their search for an Oregon woman who went missing Friday after leaving a Fitchburg tavern.

Angela N. Drake, 25, was last seen leaving the Dry Bean Saloon, 5264 Verona Road, sometime after 1:30 a.m.

"The not knowing, it's just hard," Drake's mother, Anne Olson, said today.

Olson said her daughter was at the Dry Bean with a friend, who left at about 11:30 p.m.

"Angie was to have gone to her place so she wouldn't have to drive," Olson said, "and Angie didn't make it there."

The friend, Tonya Turchik, 24, said she was expecting a call from Drake, who was planning to walk to the apartment she shares with her boyfriend at the New Fountains apartment complex near the Dry Bean.

"She hasn't had any communication with anybody we're aware of since Thursday night when I left her," she said.

She said when she left she saw Drake talking with someone who was introduced to her as Oliver, but police later said Drake left with another man.

Turchik, who saw security video of the two leaving, said the man was at least 5-foot-11, with a medium build, and wearing a dark work jacket with a white badge or name tag.

"She did leave with someone I'd never met before," she said.

Officials from the Fitchburg and Oregon police departments were unavailable to provide further detail this morning.

Turchik said Drake is employed with REM Health as a home health care worker. She failed to show up for work on Friday and Monday and didn't call in.

Drake's mother said she lives with her father, Larry Drake, in Oregon.

A call to his residence this morning was unanswered.

Olson said it was "very much unlike her" not to show up for work and not leave word of her whereabouts.

Drake was described as 5-foot-4, 117 pounds, with blond hair and green eyes.

E-mail: selbow@madison.com

GG)
gozgals

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 4:29 pm    Post subject: Man in Custody- Article Reply with quote

http://www.channel3000.com/news/5536668/detail.html

Sources: Man In Custody Is 'Person Of Interest' In Drake Disappearance
Woman Vanished Last Friday

UPDATED: 3:15 pm CST December 14, 2005

FITCHBURG, Wis. -- Authorities are taking a careful look at a 24-year-old Fitchburg man who was last seen with Angela Drake before she disappeared last week, unnamed sources told WISC-TV.

While Oregon police are not calling the man a suspect, unnamed sources told WISC-TV that the man is being viewed by authorities as a person of interest in the case.

WISC-TV is not identifying the man as he hasn't been charged in the case. The man is currently being held at the Dane County Jail on unrelated warrants from Minnesota and Dane County.

Drake, 25, is from Oregon and has been missing since she left the Dry Bean Saloon at about 1:30 a.m. on Friday.

She left her car at the bar and hasn't reported for work or contacted family or friends since, WISC-TV reported.

Drake is described as a white woman, 5 feet 4 inches tall and weighs about 117 pounds. She has blond hair and green eyes.

Authorities are asking anyone with any information on Drake's disappearance to call Fitchburg police at (608) 270-4300 or Madison Crimestoppers at (608) 266-6014.

Previous Story:
December 14, 2005: Man Questioned In Missing Woman's Disappearance

GG)
gozgals

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 4:32 pm    Post subject: Search of Woods Reply with quote

http://nbc15.madison.com/news/headlines/2078131.html

Fitchburg Police Search Woods for Signs of Angela Drake
Missing Angela
Updated: 7:00 AM Dec 15, 2005
Zac Schultz

Fitchburg: Investigators spent about 3 hours Wednesday evening searching a wooded area in rural Fitchburg for any clues that will lead them to the whereabouts of Angela Drake.

The woods are near the home of the last man known to have seen her alive.

Fitchburg Police Lt. Chad Brecklin says they weren't looking for anything specific. "We're hoping to find any information or something that would lead us to Angie's whereabouts."

Angie is Angela Drake, the 25 year old Oregon woman missing since last week.

Lt. Brecklin says searchers used any means possible to uncover any evidence hidden by snow. "You have feet, some people are carrying some sticks to poke through the ground and see what's going on."

Earlier this week police arrested Michael Desalvo on drug charges unrelated to Angela's disappearance. Police say right now Desalvo is not a suspect or even a person of interest, but detectives have interviewed him for other reasons. "He's the person that Ms. Drake was seen leaving the Dry Bean with Friday morning at 1:30," says Lt. Brecklin.

Lt. Brecklin wouldn't say if Desalvo has been cooperating, but Desalvo's last known address is on Fitchburg Road, right next to the search area. "Mr. DeSalvo, who's the last person to have been seen with her leaving the Dry Bean, I believe he does have a residence on this road. A logical progression would say it wouldn't hurt to check the area."

Lt. Brecklin says he doesn't think the search produced any leads and he wouldn't say if they were searching for a body. He says for right now this is still a missing person's investigation, nothing more.

GG)
gozgals

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 4:35 pm    Post subject: Friends Speak and Vigil Reply with quote

http://nbc15.madison.com/news/headlines/2081566.html

Missing Oregon Woman's Friend Speaks Out
Justin Ware

"She always wants to help people. There's never I time that I've even hesitated to call her if I needed anything."

Helping, is what Angela Drake's close friend says she does best.

"... she loves working with kids ... she's doing in–home health care with really sick children," said Tonya Turchik, Drake's close friend.

Turchik says her friend is outgoing ... a great person to be around with lots of friends.

Early last Friday morning, instead of heading to her friend's apartment when she left the Dry Bean bar in Fitchburg, Drake was seen leaving the bar with another man.

And she hasn't been seen or heard from since.

"She has never gone this long without contacting me or her family or one of her other friends," said Turchik.

Drake's car was left at the Dry Bean and Turchik says she didn't have a change of clothes with her, or enough money to run away.

She says it's a frustrating position to be in ... not knowing what happened to her friend, or where to even start looking.

"Everyone's like we want to do something to help, how can we help ... but I'm like, I don't know how we can help at this point," said Turchik. "I'm pretty much just letting the police do what they can do."

Obviously, this is a very difficult time for Drake's friends and family, but they say they are still hopeful Angela will come home safe.

Tomorrow night in Oregon, Drake's hometown, they'll be holding a candle–light vigil at 6:30

GG)
gozgals

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 4:39 pm    Post subject: More on the Suspect Reply with quote

http://www.wkowtv.com/index.php/news/story/p/pkid/22880

(link for photo)

Search For Angela Drake Continues

Michael DeSalvo

Wed 12/14/2005 -

On Wednesday, investigators returned to the home of Michael DeSalvo, the man prosecutors say is a suspect in the disappearance of Angela Drake.

Dane County Sheriff deputies spent Wednesday evening searching a wooded area behind DeSalvo's home in Fitchburg...an area they say they didn't search Tuesday.

Drake has not been seen since leaving the Dry Bean Saloon with DeSalvo early Friday morning. DeSalvo is currently being held in the Dane County Jail on an unrelated drug charge.

Anyone with information about Angela Drake is asked to call Fitchburg Police or Crimestoppers, at 266-6014

GG)
gozgals

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 12:07 pm    Post subject: Candlelight Vigil Held Reply with quote

Hundreds pray for missing Wisconsin woman

ASSOCIATED PRESSOREGON, Wis. - Hundreds of people turned out at a candlelight vigil to pray for a woman who vanished after leaving a bar.
About 700 people gathered Friday night at the Holy Mother of Consolation Catholic Church, where 25-year-old Angela Drake taught religious class as a high school student, said the Rev. Bill Connell.
"We hope for a safe return for Angie, our daughter, our sister, our friend," church nurse Cheryl Munns told the crowd.
Drake, of Oregon, Wis., was last seen leaving a Fitchburg, Wis., tavern with a man about 1:30 a.m. on Dec. 9. On Monday, police arrested a 24-year-old Fitchburg man they believe was Drake's companion that evening, but he is being held in connection with drug charges in Dane County and a probation violation related to felony theft charges in Minnesota.
Assistant District Attorney Mike Verveer called the man a "person of interest" in Drake's disappearance. Fitchburg police say they're still investigating the disappearance.
Drake's stepfather, Tim Olson of Oregon, Wis., thinks Drake is still alive.
"She's coming home," he said. "We had visions of her walking through the door here."

http://www.duluthsuperior.com/mld/duluthsuperior/news/local/13435505.htm

GG)
gozgals

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.wkowtv.com/index.php/news/story/p/pkid/22892

27 News Learns Missing Woman
Spotted After Bar Time

Mon 12/19/2005 -

One week after Angela Drake's disappearance, 27 news has exclusive, new information, on this young woman's actions, after a night at a Fitchburg bar.

27 News spoke with Tom Allen, who is one of the people sharing a Fitchburg duplex with Michael Desalvo.

Assistant Dane County District Attorney Mike Verveer called Desalvo "indeed a suspect" in the disappearance of Drake.

Authorties have said Drake was last seen leaving the Dry Bean Saloon, a suburban bar, with Desalvo on Dec. 8.

Allen told 27 News Desalvo and Drake ended up at the men's duplex.

Allen remembers Drake's country karaoke singing at the Dry Bean.

And how Drake joined his group of friends, including Desalvo.

Allen says Drake was intoxicated enough, that his group offered to help her out. "If she needed a place to stay, she could come back to our house and sleep it off, and then someone could give her a ride home."

Allen says Drake left with his roommate.

Allen says a short time later, the entire group was back, at their Fitchburg home.

The Fitchburg home, which has been searched, inside and out, by police officers.

Allen says, one of his roommates saw Drake, in Desalvo's room.

"She was on the bed and she was on her back on the bed, lying down" said Allen.

Allen said he went to bed.

The next morning, Allen watched Desalvo come out of his room. Alone.

"He told me that she was no longer there, he took her where she needed to go, that everything was okay," Allen told 27 News. "That she was where she needed to go."

"I don't recall exactly where he said he took her," said Allen.

A few days later, Allen saw Drake's photo online, along with the appeals for people to help find her.

"My heart dropped," Allen told 27 News. "What scared me was her car and her phone were still at the Dry Bean. It made me wonder what was going on."

"I feel nervous, anxious, just hoping this girl would be found alive. I just feel bad. I just feel I could have done something a little more," said Allen.

Allen said Desalvo's mood and routine were unchanged after their night out with Drake.

Allen has not spoken to Desalvo since police arrived late Monday night at their home, and arrested him, for missing court, in a drug case.

Desalvo's bail was set at $50,000, as a court commissioner said he was concerned that Desalvo may be implicated in something far more serious than a drug possession.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My opinion is that sadly I think that Angela is gone, as are many women we discuss here. The circumstances that we have been told, and the suspect lead me to the conclusion, (even though she was spotted)- is that Angela has been taken and killed. The body has been hidden as in most cases. The weather in the outskirts of the Madison area may lead investigators on a rough search with it lingering around zero, and much outskirts of the area freezing.

GG)
gozgals

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 12:44 pm    Post subject: Police track possible leads in story Reply with quote

http://www.channel3000.com/news/5580528/detail.html

Police Track Possible Leads In Drake Disappearance
Possible Evidence Seized From Duplex

UPDATED: 10:42 am CST December 20, 2005

MADISON, Wis. -- As detectives piece together the movements of a missing Oregon woman shortly before she vanished earlier this month, the roommate of the man last seen with her said that possible evidence has been seized from his Fitchburg home.

Angela "Angie" Drake, 25, disappeared on Dec. 9 after leaving the Dry Bean Saloon in Fitchburg. Authorities said that they believe that Drake went from the bar to a rental property in Fitchburg with a man that she met at the bar.

Police said that Michael Desalvo was last seen with Drake, but police don't call Desalvo a suspect in her disappearance, WISC-TV reported

Desalvo is currently in jail on an unrelated charge.

One of Desalvo's roommates, Tom Allen, said that he and Desalvo were with Drake that night and they were the last ones still awake in the early hours of Friday morning, WISC-TV reported.

Allen said that everyone had basically come back to this duplex to sleep.

"The last time I saw Angie was probably about 2 a.m., and she was on our bed, or my roommate's bed, and it looked like she was going to bed," Allen said. "So, we had basically wrapped up the night and everyone went to bed. Next morning, my roommate said he had taken her where she needed to go."

Allen said that he didn't ask Desalvo where he took her and Desalvo didn't say.

Allen said that during a police search of the duplex, detectives found what might be a destroyed identification card, WISC-TV reported.

"(It was) some kind of plastic or something -- maybe an ID card -- that was found in our trash. I don't know what it could have been," Allen said.

Allen said that he's not sure that Desalvo had anything to do with Drake's disappearance.

"I don't know," Allen said, "I don't think he's capable of doing anything like that."

Drake's family is holding out hope that she will return home. Family and friends gathered last Friday in Oregon for a candlelight vigil.

Meanwhile, authorities are stepping the search for Drake. A task force of detectives has set up a command post at the Fitchburg Police Department, WISC-TV reported.

Drake is described as a white woman, 5 feet 4 inches tall and weighing about 117 pounds. She has blond hair and green eyes.

Anyone with information about Drake's disappearance is asked to call Fitchburg police at (608) 270-4300 or Crimestoppers at (608) 266-6014.

Previous Stories:
December 17, 2005: Candelight Vigil Held For Missing Woman
December 15, 2005: Police Search Wooded Area For Missing Woman
December 15, 2005: Sources: Authorities Search Fitchburg For Missing Woman
December 14, 2005: Man Questioned In Missing Woman's Disappearance
December 13, 2005: Police Seek Help Finding Missing Woman

GG)
gozgals

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 8:59 am    Post subject: Update: body found, waiting on ID Reply with quote

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.madison.com/wsj/mad/top/index.php?ntid=66175&ntpid=1

THU., DEC 22, 2005 - 11:49 PM
Woman's body found near Oregon
LISA SCHUETZ lschuetz@madison.com

TOWN OF OREGON - Hope that Angela Drake would be found alive, tenderly nourished for two weeks, was extinguished Thursday morning.

Detectives investigating her disappearance found a woman's body at 11:35 a.m. Thursday in a culvert near a bridge on Storytown Road.

Fitchburg Police Chief Thomas Blatter said it's fair to say that, since the body matches the Oregon woman's description, it's likely her, although that won't be confirmed until an autopsy Monday. Drake's family was notified of the discovery.

It's still not known how she came to be in the culvert and what or who caused her death.

Blatter said "no one tip" led investigators to the spot, but it was a location consistent with the investigation. He refused to say what she was wearing, if there was any sign of trauma or what led them to look in that area.

He also would not say whether she was victim of a homicide, saying only that it was a "death investigation."

Storytown Road is on a path that could have taken Drake from a duplex on Fitchburg Road where she was last seen to her home in Oregon.

The bridge near where she was found is close to several homes. It's not clear why her body was not found before, although Blatter did say snow was in the area. He would not clarify if she was covered with snow, brush or any other object.

Drake, 25, was last seen with Michael Desalvo, 24, whom she met Dec. 8 along with his roommates at The Dry Bean Saloon on Verona Road.

Tonya Turchik, a close friend of Drake's, said she was at The Dry Bean earlier that Thursday night with Drake but had left expecting Drake to return to her nearby apartment. Turchik became concerned over the weekend after Drake didn't show up and she found out Drake left her car at The Dry Bean.

Tom Allen, 23, was with Desalvo, his roommate, and two other roommates at The Dry Bean that night. Allen said Drake first met his roommate Marcy while singing karaoke at the bar. Allen wouldn't say what Marcy's last name was. They didn't know Drake, though all had been to The Dry Bean several times before.

Allen said Drake appeared to be "really intoxicated" and went up to the bar at one point to drink a couple of shots of alcohol with Marcy.

"It seemed like she didn't have anyone there with her," Allen said. "We certainly didn't think she had a car with her."

At 1:30 a.m., the group left to go to Monkeyshines, a bar just south of The Dry Bean, in two cars. Allen rode with a friend from out of town, while Desalvo, Drake and Allen's two other roommates went together. He said that by the time he got to Monkeyshines, Desalvo and Drake were gone. The other two who were in the car with Desalvo and Drake said the couple dropped them off before heading back to Desalvo's home, a duplex at 2314 Fitchburg Road.

When he arrived home shortly after 2 a.m., Allen said, Desalvo was sitting on the sofa in the living room and the bedroom door was shut. Allen left the room for a while and, when he returned, Desalvo was gone and the bedroom door was still closed.

For a moment he considered knocking on the door and suggesting someone sleep on the sofa because Drake was so intoxicated, Allen said.

"If it was my sister and she were that intoxicated, that's what I would want someone to do," he said.

He never saw Drake at the house, Allen said, but another roommate told him he'd seen her on Desalvo's bed.

Allen went to bed at 2:40 a.m. He next saw Desalvo at 9 a.m., he said. As Desalvo prepared to leave the house, Allen asked where Drake had gone and Desalvo said he had taken her somewhere.

"I got the impression that he had taken her where she needed to go. It wasn't home or to work, but where he said exactly, I can't remember," Allen said.

Allen said he didn't think of it again until a photo of Drake was circulated, noting that she was missing. He recognized her immediately, he said.

"In the beginning, I didn't think it was an issue," he said, adding that he thought she'd turn up.

Allen said he's known Desalvo a very short time. He and his roommates invited him to stay with them when Desalvo said he had nowhere to live.

Police arrested Desalvo the Monday after Drake's disappearance for an outstanding warrant on a drug possession charge in Dane County. He also broke terms of his probation for Minnesota convictions and is wanted on a warrant there. He remains in Dane County Jail on $50,000 bail and a Minnesota extradition warrant. Police have called Desalvo a "person of interest" in the Drake case but have not said he is a suspect.

Dane County Coroner John Stanley, at the scene Thursday, appeared shaken by the discovery. He said he knew Drake's family.

Stanley said that because the body has been subjected to extremely cold weather, the autopsy would be delayed until Monday.

Drake's family could not be reached Thursday. Police said the family appreciated the support of the community but wanted to be alone.

A vigil was held Dec. 16 at the family's church, Holy Mother of Consolation, in Oregon. About 500 people showed up to pray for her safe return.

"She's coming home," Drake's stepfather, Tim Olson, said after the vigil. "We had visions of her walking through the door here (at church) and we still have visions of her walking in the door on (Christmas)."

RELATED STORIES
• Missing Woman's Family Members Keep Hopes High
• Man With Long Court Record Arrested Michael Desalvo, 24, Of Fitchburg, Was The Last Person Seen With Angela Drake. Missing Woman Case
• Police, Family Hope To Hear From Absent Oregon Woman The Woman Was Last Seen Leaving A Tavern In Fitchburg Early Friday.

Last edited by gozgals on Wed Dec 28, 2005 1:37 am; edited 1 time in total
gozgals

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 9:03 am    Post subject: Add. Article Reply with quote

http://www.duluthsuperior.com/mld/duluthsuperior/13469498.htm

Posted on Thu, Dec. 22, 2005

Body matching that of Oregon woman found

Associated PressOREGON, Wis. -

A body fitting the description of a woman who vanished after leaving a Fitchburg tavern earlier this month was found Thursday near a bridge in the town of Oregon.
Fitchburg Police Chief Tom Blatter said the body matched that of Angela Drake, 25, of Oregon, who has not been seen since she left the Dry Bean Saloon Dec. 9.

Blatter said no positive identification could be made until after an autopsy is conducted Monday.
Authorities said the body was found at a spot between Drake's residence and a duplex where she may have gone after she left the tavern. She was believed to have gone from the tavern to a rental property with a man who met her at the bar.

A man has told reporters that he and his roommate were with Drake at the tavern that night, and Drake went with them to their duplex to sleep. He said the roommate told him the next morning that he had taken Drake where she had to go, without elaborating.

GG)
gozgals

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 1:35 am    Post subject: This Body has not been Identified yet. Reply with quote

Rumors are circulating all. This body has not been positively identified yet.

I'd like to make that clear here even if I did post the above article and made blessings to the family. I must state this. There has been notice given in the article below that rumors are circulating on the internet that this is in fact --- ANGELA, but

THE BODY HAS NOT BEEN IDENTIFIED AS HERS. I, nor does this board want to contribute to these rumors. We will continue to bless this family and continue to care about the person who has been found.

link : and story below...

http://www.madison.com/tct/news//index.php?ntid=66069&ntpid=4

Cops say rumor of body found in trunk is wrong

By Steven Elbow
December 22, 2005

Police say there is no truth to a rumor that the body of a woman missing for nearly two weeks has been found.

Fitchburg Police Lt. Chad Brecklin said the e-mail says police found the body of 25-year-old Angela Drake in the trunk of her car, which was found at the Dry Bean Saloon, where she went before her disappearance.

"We have not found Angela's body or Angela," Brecklin said Wednesday.

Drake, a home health care nurse from Oregon, was seen on security video leaving the Dry Bean Saloon with Michael Desalvo at about 1:30 a.m. Dec. 9.

Brecklin said the e-mail has been a headache for police, who have been busy dispelling the rumor.

"We don't know at this point where it originated from," he said.

He said the rumor has been troubling for family members.

"There isn't a lot of thought or consideration for the family," he said.

He said whether or not the e-mail constitutes a crime comes down to the author's intent. He said if the author intended to obstruct a police investigation, it could be considered a crime, but not if it was simply someone relating something the person heard.

Desalvo was taken into custody on a warrant on an unrelated drug case on Dec. 12, but has not been charged with any crime relating to Drake's disappearance. Police have not called him a suspect.

A roommate of Desalvo told local TV reporters that he and Desalvo met Drake at the bar and took her to their Fitchburg Road duplex. He saw her sleeping on Desalvo's bed, but she wasn't there when he got up. He said Desalvo told him he had taken her "where she needed to go."

E-mail: selbow@madison.com

Published: 10:07 AM 12/22/05

GG)
gozgals

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 10:17 am    Post subject: Positive ID of Body Reply with quote

http://nbc15.madison.com/news/headlines/2117877.html

Body Identified as Angela Drake
Body Identified as Angela Drake
Updated: 6:02 AM Dec 27, 2005

We could find out early this week how Angela Drake died.
Monday afternoon, the Dane County Coroner's office did confirm that the body found last week is that of Drake.

When her body was discovered last week south of Fitchburg in the town of Oregon, the Dane County coroner said autopsy results would likely be released early this week.

Drake disappeared more than two weeks ago after leaving the Dry Bean Saloon with a man. Police say that man is Michael Desalvo.

Friday, Fitchburg police referred a charge a first degree intentional homicide against Desalvo to the Dane County District Attorney.
The district attorney will now decide whether to formally charge Desalvo with Drake's murder.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry to report that another woman has been identified and murdered. The body was that of Angela Drake. Prayers go out to the family. Hopefully, Desalvo will get the justice he so deserves....

GG)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: