www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

30 year old Georgia teacher Tara Grinstead missing
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rd

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the May 1, 2006 Dateline transcript:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12583446/

Harper: She wanted me back and all. And I said, "I’ve started shopping outside of Ocilla, I think you need to do the same. Everybody in this town is connected to us one way or another."

Magnus: How did she take that advice?

Harper: She was crying at first. And by the time she left, we were kind of laughing about certain things. I mean, it wasn’t gonna work out.

Harper has told authorities he was with friends and family—including a former partner on the Ocilla police force during the night Tara went missing.

end quote

It sounds like a fantasy lie to me. Assuming the conversation even took place, and I don't without any corroborating mention of it by Tara to anyone else before she disappeared, the ending is pure silent ex fantasy lie material.

Also, yes, he was with an Ocilla policeman til 4:30 am. In my opinion, that's when Tara disappeared, when the policeman dropped Harper off at the end of the night.

Where did Harper go? Who saw him next? He is completely unaccounted for during the time Tara went missing.

He is a blatant silent ex like the other cop silent ex's.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Concerning where Tara may have been hidden, I thought the creek running between Tara's neighborhood and the jail was a place that if found would be difficult to pin on someone as to who put her there.

But goodness knows I'm sure everything close by has been searched well by her loved ones, students, neighbors, etc. and coordinated well by Texas Equusearch.

But I believe she could have been hid well in a relatively short amount of time close by and then moved later Sunday night when a suspect's timeline wouldn't be as closely examined.

Moved where? hmm, driving around with a Natural Resources guy I'm sure gave him plenty of time to think about it. She's probably down in a river valley between Ocilla and Tifton, something pretty wild but not too hard to get to off the highway.

One locale where I don't think Tara is in one of the many small ponds in the area, certainly not a grave dug. Just drive down the highway to a really remote wlderness area, which isn't hard to do.

Jessie Marie was hidden the same way by a cop silent ex, so was Sue Ray northeast of Atlanta, probably Leslie Adams up I-85 from southeast Atlanta, certainly Theresa Parker in northeast Georgia by another cop silent ex, and now Stacy Peterson undoubtedly dumped in water by yet another cop silent ex.

That seems to be what these cop silent ex's do.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's a psychological thing with these type of people, men who can sort of disassociate themselves from making an inconvenient woman disappear and wash their hands of them, so to speak.

Scott Peterson did it and Hans Reiser is being tried right now in Oakland for it. I believe his ex-wife is also in San Francisco Bay weighted down with his car seat, which is also missing.

I only know of graves being dug for two of the missing women, and both silent ex's had accomplices who helped bury them. There might be more but none that come to mind at the time.

Of course the landfill thing is the other psychological type, throw the woman away like trash.

You have to consider the mentality to do this to start with. Some really strange pychology at work, which is why they are afraid of making more than a token statement or two about how the inconvenient woman is a suicidal runaway and they're a victim, which would reveal too much of that dark psychology lurking in their minds.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Concerning rumors that a scream was reported to police that night, I'd be real surprised if a scream was actually reported (and apparently wasn't). That would require Tara getting into a vehicle (her's or the person she would allegedly be driving off with) in the middle of the night, then supposedly being surprised at some point as the vehicle pulls over and she is attacked.

Basically, from every standpoint, there's no reason for either Tara or someone she knew to want to ride off. Women don't get woke up by a knock on the door (or worse, someone letting themselves in with a key) at 4:30 in the morning or sometime in the middle of the night and say, "well, I'm going to church this morning but sure, let's go for a drive because my goodness, it's so difficult to talk in my house, and of course I want to talk to someone knocking on my door in the middle of the night."

And from the other perspective, the person who made her disappear, trying to talk her into walking to her car or his car because, gee, it's so much easier than carrying her.

Whatever happened happened in Tara's bedroom, and there is disarray that shows she grabbed at things around her probably as she was overcome, but in overcoming her an attacker would have made sure to prevent her from screaming.

Tara and Laci Peterson were probably overcome the same way.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's extremely difficult for me to believe multiple people are involved in Tara's murder. Every missing woman case that I know that that happened one of the partipants turned states evidence and the silent ex was convicted (or are being tried or probably will be tried).

Not a whole lot of cases to make a generalization, but just extremely difficult to have people involved who have the same level of emotional investment and blood on their hands as a silent ex who acted alone.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One would hope that if something such as black sweat pants and a pair of gray tennis shoes listed by the FBI as missing and presumed last clothes worn were to be fundamentally wrong and unknown to the family, that we would hear about it.

Is this missing pair of sweat pants the type that Tara would have slept in?

With a purse often missing with the woman by someone wanting to make it look like she ran away, the only thing I can see that possibly was picked up to take with her was a pair of shoes.

And she could easily have been wearing them, for example it's probable Tara answered the door to someone she knew early that morning, and it wouldn't have been unusual to slip tennis shoes on without tieing them.

Although I've posted that the abductor wouldn't want it to be obvious that the missing woman didn't take any shoes with her, I'm also not sure that it could be easily determined, and it may not have been an issue anyway if she was wearing them.

All in all, I really don't see anything that points to much manipulation here other than grabbing Tara's purse.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The main reason these silent ex's hide an inconvenient woman's body is so they can say she was acting crazy and suicidal and ran off with some stranger. And no one can do anything until if and when the missing woman's body is found.

But the other is that after exposure to the elements, DNA evidence is destroyed. Also very little can be determined about the circumstances surrounding her death. As in Chandra's case, nothing was able to be determined or done even after her remains were found a year later.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is most disturbing is that silent ex's hide a woman's body in the middle of the night, and then sit idly by while their enablers say "prove he did it", with the silent ex refusing to take a police lie detector test, refusing to answer in detail for their whereabouts and circumstances surrounding them, and doing nothing more than being the sole source of suicidal runaway comments on the missing woman.

For that Harper is just another silent ex to me. He has people that care about him, usually these silent ex's mothers are the most clueless, but often sisters too, and cognitive dissonance is hard to overcome. I realize that.

But "you can't prove it" because there's no video of their vile murder is nothing more than a confirmation of the silent ex's actions. But I guess we can't expect more from people who support the actions of a silent ex.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have difficulty with the necklace being returned but not the earrings, but certainly I agree with CP that both the GBI and the family wouldn't miss it on the floor, especially when the family was looking for what she was wearing that night (as one would be in attempting to determine what she was last wearing for missing posters).

I guess the thought would be that the earrings are in her purse but Tara was still wearing the necklace when abducted and bringing it back would not make it look like she was still wearing it.

And if it isn't part of the crime, what is it a part of?

But it appeared on the floor on the third or fourth GBI search. That must be several days, someone said a week or so, with people in and out of her house. I would think the murderer would want the necklace to be missing along with Tara, especially with the earrings missing. Makes no sense to me, but probably because there's something else involved here.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doing detailed timelines is not easy, but in doing them the pattern provides context around the events.

I have done two timelines. The one for Chandra was so complex it required a book to analyze. I also did one for Theresa Parker's case. It explained some things to me and also even to others who had followed the case closely.

But I did those timelines with reported information. There is none to speak of in Tara's case. But one would have to be done from what is semi reported through the grapevine.

In Chandra's case phone records weren't released but reporters were granted access to them and they reported their analysis of them. The result was an absolute mess that took me weeks to analyze and make sense of in Murder on a Horse Trail, an analysis that neither reporters nor police have time to do to the extent needed.

For example, what was Meghan's calling pattern to Tara? This is far more relevant than how close of a friend she was thought to be. The timeline is more detailed the closer to the time of disappearance. There needs to be context for example of everything known to have happened in the two weeks prior to her disappearance.

Timelines are down to the minute in the case of the Saturday evening before she disappeared, or best guesses as to time and content of calls and other contacts.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

haypaula posted a timeline on websleuths:

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1887420#post1887420

Thanks for the timeline, haypaula. Good work. Some initial questions:

1) Any known contacts in person or by phone between Tara and any of principals mentioned elsewhere in the timeline in the three days between a heated argument between Tara and Harper on Tuesday evening and the phone calls she received Saturday evening?

2) What Friday was the one Harper was referring to when he said she was tapping on his windows? The day before (when timeline says she shopped in Fitzgerald) or the previous Friday (timeline says she spent day with her mother). Was shopping in Fitzgerald Friday evening after school?

3) I thought Saturday pageant was in some other town. Was there travel back and forth that just isn't mentioned, or a town close by?

4) Was argument with Harper on 18th only known significant contact with him after learning he was in town on 4th? That's the only contact mentioned in timeline? Any phone calls from ME or HD prior to Saturday evening that week? How out of the blue are these phone calls, or are they frequent contacts? Need for perspective on phone calls before her disappearance.

Looking forward to more of this very helpful timeline, HP.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tara was a special person to have made such a positive impact on so many people around her in the time God gave her on this Earth.

The love and care she gave has been returned again and again in the caring so many people have expressed in trying to help Tara's loved ones find her, their beloved daughter, friend, neighbor, and colleague, teacher and mentor. And still it doesn't do justice to what a wonderful person Tara was.

I was glad to see the other day that Tara's mother has helped create an annual pageant event in Tara's memory to honor her life and work and good deeds for so many young people, an inspiration then and always an inspiration, and an annual event in remembrance is so fitting.

Tara deserved so much more of a chance to fulfill her dreams, but a life shortened so selfishly is a life we must remember and honor all the more as Tara loved and honored her students, family, and friends when she was with us.

Nothing will ever bring Tara back, but neither will anything ever take her memory away from those whose lives she touched.

Our prayers are with you, Tara, and to your loved ones.
gozgals

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:59 am    Post subject: Tara's mom has passed away Reply with quote

I am posting some very sad news. I just read that Tara's mother Faye Grinstead has died.

It is a shame Faye never found out what happened to Tara while she was alive. This must have been hard for her to cope with when she was alive.

My prayers go out to their family and friends.

May she rest in peace.

Goz
UCFAlum2002

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My understanding is that Tara will also be featured on CBS 48 Hours this Sat at 10p.
rd

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tara and Jennifer Kesse? That's interesting, UCF. For all interested in Tara's disappearance as well, we'll be sure to tune in and see what they have to say about these disappearances.

rd
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11

Jump to: