www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

30 year old Georgia teacher Tara Grinstead missing
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rd

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

News today that a young local man at the time was charged with Tara's murder. Not someone on anyone's radar, graduated three years earlier from the high school Tara taught at.

I've seen some talk that some remains have been found and the charges are pretty specific.

Tara Grinstead may finally be able to rest in peace.

Another senseless loss.

rd

Man arrested in connection with 2005 disappearance of Georgia teacher
by: Tony Thomas
www.wsbtv.com Atlanta
Feb 23, 2017

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/major-break-in-the-case-of-missing-georgia-teacher/496761014

Law enforcement officials from several agencies gathered Thursday afternoon to announce that Ryan Alexander Duke had been arrested and charged in the 2005 killing of Tara Grinstead.
Rainbow

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:48 pm    Post subject: Second Man Charged in Connection with Tara Grinstead's Death Reply with quote

"Atlanta Journal --Constitution"
""Second Man Charged in Tara Grinstead's Death""
by Alexis Stevens
March 3, 2017

Wow, rd and friends! After all of these years!!!

. . . Bo Dukes, 32, allegedly helped Ryan Alexander Duke conceal and destroy Grinstead's body in October 2005.

http://www.ajc.com/news/breaking-news/second-man-charged-connection-with-tara-grinstead-death/M10ekMHqn9arwjNCGRzngP/

Apparently, Bo Dukes and Ryan Alexander graduated from Irwin High School, the same college where Tara worked as an instructor.

I have also read that a gag order has been placed on witnesses, etc., with regard to Tara's murder case, because of its notoriety.
rd

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

posted on Ocilla reporter Dusty Vassey's blog https://rationaltoafault-dustyvassey.blogspot.com/

Responding to some posts by Dusty, just as a general comment I think the claim of entering for theft is on basis of being able to prove it even if it's not what actually happened.

Dusty mentioned awhile back a rumor about the killer entering her home at night more than once to watch her sleep. (I didn't look that up again to confirm so that's an IIRC). That actually is much more likely what happened, and she woke and he couldn't keep her quiet. Theft that can at least be pointed at (took her purse etc.) is what they would go with versus some sort of stalking breakin that adds unnecessary weakness to case even if claimed in a confession.

The hand is again I think one of those practical charges. To claim murder by weapon, be it anything from gun to poison, requires some basis for it. There is none. Whether confession or not, all that is left is death at the hands of the charged.

But the common claim of strangled by hand is in my opinion difficult enough to consider unlikely. A more likely scenario is an accidental death. If the scenario is as presented, and she woke up, he is likely to have wrapped his arm over her mouth and around her head and might have broken her neck for example, or hit her head with an object to knock her unconscious and killed her.

But hands wrapped around her neck strangling her, a more literal death by hand, very unlikely.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I occasionally checked in on Dusty's blog linked above and then saw the sad news that Dusty had a cancer recurrence. I posted a hope you get better and keep up the good work on his blog and then saw nothing after that.

I was doing some other work this morning and saw some stuff that reminded me of that area of Georgia and checked his blog again, still nothing, so I did a search on his name. Dusty Vassey passed away a few days after that post.

I don't know exactly what happened to Tara by some local young man, a former student, but Dusty was trying to explain it as best as could be done with what was known there.

Tara's loss was sad enough. Will miss Dusty's local insights as well.

RIP both of you.

rd
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

Jump to: