www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

30 year old Georgia teacher Tara Grinstead missing
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rd

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I checked for any news on the search for Tara, didn't see anything but saw on http://findtara.com that they are still searching and asking for volunteers this Saturday and or Sunday. Volunteers also search on weekday afternoons at 3:30 pm.

It's certainly a well coordinated volunteer effort. You couldn't ask for more in an effort to find her.

I made a more detailed street map of the area around Tara's home and will post it a little later. If everything goes well I'll try to make another trip there soon and volunteer to search and take some pictures. Hopefully they'll find Tara before that.

rd
gozgals

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 2:58 am    Post subject: Comments/ and new updates Reply with quote

Hello Rd, I'm glad to hear you may make another trip, that would be wonderful, and I look forward to seeing the map. I don't think I have been through that area but it is possible.

Yes, the volunteer effort continues which is great and it does seem very well organized. Thankful for so many caring people giving their time.

I did find some more information that will prove worthy to you and all here.

From the website: http://www.findtara.com/index.htm

Texas Equusearch
Local law enforcement and the GBI are consulting with Tim Miller of Texas Equusearch on the search for Tara. They hope to be able to utilize the expertise of the TES group to move the search for Tara forward.

This should prove to be helpful I'm sure. (See next link)

GG)
gozgals

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 3:05 am    Post subject: Scared Monkeys Missing Person's Site Reply with quote

http://missingexploited.com/?cat=39

Archive for the 'Tara Grinstead' Category
Texas Equusearch; Getting Involved with Tara Grinstead and back to Aruba
Friday, November 18th, 2005
Texas Equusearch and Tim Miller are going to Ocilla, GA to help aid in the search for the missing school teacher, Tara Grinstead. So far all search efforts have failed to produce Tara. According to sources Tim Miller landed in Georgia this morning and will be meeting with the LE.
Texas Equusearch (TES) in […]

------------------------------------------------
Link to Texas Equusearch for anyones interest*

http://www.texasequusearch.org/index.html

***Also Noted: Globe has produced an article on Tara-- I did not read it, but if and when I will note what they printed Rd. I'm sure it is not worthy but...

Have a good Sunday.

GG)
rd

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I saw, the blank areas to the west and south of Tara's home are wooded fields, some swampy ponds, and a creek running across below S. Blvd St. just above the county jail on 129.

If Tara isn't found before I make another trip there, I'll walk that area and take pictures and see what the area just a couple of small quiet blocks away from her home looks like for someone who must hide a body quickly and get home as soon as possible.

rd

longcoolwoman

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 3:35 pm    Post subject: Fields Reply with quote

I can tell you for a fact the land to the west has been thoroughly searched. I live right on that curve just north of there and my property adjoins that property. I stood in my backyard one afternoon and watched one of the helicopters searching the property. It was so low to the ground that I could clearly see the pilot's face. They were taking advantage of how the wind from the blades blows all the grasses and weeds flat, and they were checking each area pretty carefully before they moved to another spot.

All areas of the county have been searched on foot as well.

The only thing they have not done is drag all the ponds, but there are so many bodies of water in Irwin County it would be almost impossible to do so.
rd

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome, longcoolwoman. That was what I thought as I drove around, swampy pond after pond close to the road, mile after mile. It is so very sad.

My thoughts were the creek running under 129 by the county jail. It seems like the natural place to drag someone out of her car and off down into the water or brush, close to her home. Of course, it's also going to be searched pretty well for the same reason.

There's one main reason I think that. Unlike with Taylor Behl's ex-boyfriend, who was missing all day after she disappeared and claimed to have been kidnapped himself and taken to a dirt road in the countryside as an alibi for his whereabouts, I don't think anyone Tara knew was unaccounted for all that long, just five hours for her ex-boyfriend from what one crime writer wrote, if the 5:30 am and 10:30 am times cited are true.

A long distance can be driven by somone, but they risk being seen, and that's a very big risk. I don't think this was premeditated, and those kind of long drives at the spur of the moment to hide a body far away doesn't make sense, assuming one can make sense of something like this.

But sense we will have to make of this senseless loss. Our condolences to Tara and her family and friends, longcoolwoman, which is probably everyone who knew her.

rd
longcoolwoman

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 11:31 pm    Post subject: Creeks Reply with quote

Yes, all that has been searched. I'm not sure that water's very deep at all anyway. I keep thinking that if someone was going to put her into a body of water, they would have headed for the Alapaha River, which goes under Highway 319 (Tifton Hwy).

I'm sure hoping this isn't the case anyway.
rd

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's 319 running southwest to Tifton and crossing over the brown line which is the river. I see your point. Big river and lakes, not far to get there.

It's in line with what I'm thinking, just a wider swing around the south and back and no attempt to even leave suicide as a possibility, not with her car in the driveway. I get really suspicious when the ex says she was suicidal.

Below is the closeup.

longcoolwoman

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think the ex is involved in her disappearance. Without sounding like I'm spreading gossip, all I can say is that it was well known that Tara was having a very difficult time emotionally just before she disappeared. Whether it all stemmed from the breakup, or there were other factors, I can't say.

I know there have been times in my life when I have been struggling emotionally over a difficult situation, yet those around me outside of my family and close friends might not be aware of it. You really never know what sorts of problems others are going through, ya know?
rd

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And if she was emotionally distressed, which usually involved the man closest to her, why would that make one think the ex was not involved?

The place and timing of such displayed distress would be critical. Family and friends said they didn't see it. So to whom, and when? We've heard only from the ex about emotional distress so far, suicidal level distress the day before she disappeared according to him, but no else says they saw it.

Until someone else describes what they saw and where and when, I think that speaks for itself.

rd

Last edited by rd on Wed Nov 23, 2005 1:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
longcoolwoman

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But that's just it--it was displayed. Her close friends knew she was having a hard time emotionally.
laskipper

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone see the picture of Tara with her German Shepard "Dolly Madison"?

Answers a lot of questions.

Regardless of the current statements about a stranger, I'd bet on the soon to be ex- boyfriend #2 (cop).

22 phone calls?
jane

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes - the boyfriend having made so many phonecalls does seem odd.
Reminds me of Tom Compano who murdered his ex-girlfriend in a case
Ann Rule wrote about in And Never Let Her Go.

Compano was stalking Anne Marie Fahey by email and telephone before
convincing her to go to dinner with him (which turned out to be her last).
gozgals

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off, welcome longcoolwoman to the forum. It is nice to have a close up prospective too. I'm glad you are familiar with the area since rd has been there and checking it out. Also, giving a different opinion is also noted here. I just speak for me and the case is not solved yet so one really does not know.

I am in the group that believes the x-boyfriend has something to do with it though too. It is a gut instinct by what I have read and my opinion as a person who has studied cases as such. I could be wrong. Many have emotional problems and many of those problems relate to men, and various times as we see here, and on other forums, it is those men that like to get rid of these women. That is how many people see this.

Also, you are not spreading rumors. I have read articles that state what you say, but many are just stating their feelings which is justified. What I do find though is others just write up articles and do not back up what they say is FACT and that is different then an opinion.

Jane, I am familiar too with Ann Rules book, (I have read it), and it was a case that proves once again how twisted people can be. Tom Compano got his just due and I'm glad for that. I'm sure I saw the movie too.
----Thank God justice was served as he thought he was above the LAW. That happens at times Jane, but Compano was just not that slick...(like some we know).

rd: thanks for putting up the maps. I'm glad they were displayed so I got a chance to view the area too.

GG)
laskipper

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Longtallwoman,

I welcome you as well and hope that you don't think that I was reacting to your comment, I wasn't. Just noticed it actually.

In skimming the thread earlier, I read several articles and then Googled some more. I may be confused about a few things but given the behavior of the man in the Enquirer article, you have to believe that this man was desparate to talk to Tara (22 calls?). Red flag #1.

That Tara had a German Shepard who is probably protective by nature, you have to believe that the dog would have attacked a stranger? Not so for someone who knew Tara (and the dog). Ex-boyfriend maybe?

Obviously the killer/abductor was the last person to use Taras' vehicle according to what I've read. Would a stranger be confortable doing that? I doubt it.

An ex-boyfriend would.

From where I sit, it's looking bad for him.

Of course I don't know all the facts nor do I know much about the case. Just a few minutes reading.

(those maps pulled me right in rd!)

Again, welcome to the board and I hope you continue to give us input.

ls
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9

Jump to: