www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Alicia Ross - missing Ontario woman found murdered

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jane

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:12 am    Post subject: Alicia Ross - missing Ontario woman found murdered Reply with quote

http://www.justiceforchandra.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2115&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=180

Above is a link to another thread where the Alicia Ross case was discussed.

I just read another Alicia Ross article linked below and am posting an excerpt.

http://www.yorkregion.com/yr/newscentre/erabanner/story/3059848p-3548857c.html

....[Mrs. Fortis, Alicia's mother] knows Daniel Sylvester, who surrendered to police last Tuesday, only as a neighbour who kept to himself.

There has been media speculation about a disagreement between the neighbours over headlights on the Ross-Fortis driveway shining into the Sylvester home, but she said the issue was resolved when a cedar hedge was planted to block the lights this spring.

But some of the most painful speculations come from Sean Hine, who dated Alicia for six weeks before she was killed.

In an interview with the York Region Newspaper Group last week, Mr. Hine said Alicia was fearful of a former boyfriend, who once pounded on the doors of the Ross-Fortis home and threatened Mr. Hine to stay away from her.

Alicia dated one man for three years before she met Mr. Hine. Mrs. Fortis described him as a close family friend who would never do anything to hurt her daughter.

"Alicia's ex-boyfriend, who will remain her very, very good friend, didn't have a mean bone in his body," the distraught mother said, explaining her blood pressure shot through the roof at the suggestion he was anything but a kind and caring friend to her daughter.

"I have known him through the entire three years of their relationship and their subsequent friendship. They still spoke every day, they (instant messaged) each other every morning and she still had dinner with him. When you're in an abusive relationship, you don't continue a friendship afterwards."

In fact, she said, her daughter was thinking of getting back together with her ex.

"She discussed that with my husband at length. I won't speak for a dead woman, I can only tell you the things that I know and I know we had discussed the two of them getting back together. He remains a part of the family and always will."

Having said that, she admits the former boyfriend visited her home when Mr. Hine, who had just started dating Alicia, was there. He heard voices, got upset and left, she said.

Mr. Hine also told the York Region Newspaper Group Alicia's car was vandalized while she was visiting him.

Mrs. Fortis confirmed the car had been damaged and an auto body shop told the family it looked as though the door had been kicked.

But it happened at Algonquin Park, not outside Mr. Hine's home, she said.

Mr. Hine will not be invited to the funeral, arrangements for which have not been finalized.

"He's not really welcome," said a serious and angry Mrs. Fortis as she sat at the kitchen table. "He insulted my husband and he hung up on me when I phoned him begging for help. He doesn't deserve what I consider every other person in the GTA [greater Toronto area] deserves."

Mr. Hine said he will not attend the funeral, out of respect for the family's wishes.

And Mrs. Fortis wants to put a stop to any war of words.

"I just want this to end. I don't want to think bad things about him and I don't want him to think bad things about us," Mrs. Fortis said, choosing her words carefully.

"You dated my daughter for six weeks. Good for you, goodbye. He is not part of our life, he never was and he never will be."

Mr. Hine, the last person to see Alicia before she disappeared on the evening of Aug. 16, said he felt unfairly targeted by police who pursued him as a suspect throughout the month she was missing.

"Sean was the author of his own label," Mrs. Fortis said. "He could have cleared himself easily, as did others. If you're innocent, tell the truth, tell your story and you are done."

The funeral is likely to be held after Rosh Hashanah next month.

The family has set up a memorial fund for Alicia, which Mrs. Fortis said will most likely be used to help underprivileged children take canoe trips, something her daughter loved to do.

Donations to the Alicia Ross Memorial Fund can be made care of The Benjamin Foundation, 3429 Bathurst St., 416-780-0324.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: